AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2016-08-06, 07:50   Link #5581
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Well considering that Sinbad has Zepar when he wasn't the one chosen in the first place already spoiled it.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 12:50   Link #5582
LevelSeven

while i miss the fact that there is no alibaba fighting im superpleased with the current flow of the story,

seems like david stilll exists and talks with sinbad,
and sinbad faked his understanding for alladins interpretation,

but i would say alladins thinking is naive,
he talked about hopes and dreams, but that doesnt stop war and suffering,

if people follow their dreams at some point people WILL clash and with 1 vs 1 it turns bigger and bigger until people suffer due to people wanting their dream to come true...

like i said once, only a being that is absolute should have the right to rule over humanity, sinbad and david are by far not such beings, but their thinking isnt bad per se
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-06, 13:05   Link #5583
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Aladdin's thinking certainly has naivety to it and idealism. But Sinbad's perspective is no less naive. What does he think he can do? Even if he was a near god and controlled everything....he's going to die eventually. His absolute rule is limited to his lifespan. And honestly what is the point of peace if he can't allow anyone to have their own ideas? He wants a world without war and one without innovation unless that innovation comes from him?

That level of selfishness will cause wars itself. No matter how much Sinbad wishes for it, creating a world without conflict isn't going to happen. Trying to control the world to that degree is itself a conflict. Even becoming a God will eventually just lead to people seeking their freedom and desire to cut down that God. If Sinbad wants a world without conflict then he better just turn to wiping out humanity. No life, no conflict.

At least Aladdin is encouraging people to seek their happiness. And he's not totally naive. He wants Sinbad to share his burdens with them and admits no one can see the whole picture. They are all individuals and need to share their views.
Old 2016-08-06, 14:01   Link #5584
LevelSeven

^in sinbads case there will at least be a time where wars wont happen (and im not sure if he will have a human lifespan if he reaches the same lvl as sinbad) at all... while i agree that it is a plan full of flaws and wont work forever im absolutely sure that alladins plan isnt any better

the only way i see for lasting peace is to make people as emotionally attached to one another as possible, that way nobody will be able to ignore a person who is in need and nobody will be able to hurt others because of their own goals

or maybe making a world where people dont know the concept of lies and deceptions, but i dont think that the truth will make people any less affected by their violent tendencys :/
Old 2016-08-07, 00:40   Link #5585
Fairy Water

I feel like Sinbad is totally negative while Aladdin is full positive.
Wonder who is it that Arba went to meet? And I thought she doesn't hate David? What's a twist.
Fairy Water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 04:05   Link #5586
Kazu-kun

I see a translation mistake in page 13

"But you can also see what Alibaba's being doing"

should be

"But Alibaba can see it too"
Old 2016-08-07, 05:06   Link #5587
LevelSeven

^does that means alibaba is also a singularity like sinbad?

i hope we will get a fight in the end with alibaba (with alibaba gaining a few more djinns) vs sinbad and alladin vs a more powerful arba
Old 2016-08-07, 05:12   Link #5588
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
^does that means alibaba is also a singularity like sinbad?
No, Aladdin is talking figuratively.
Old 2016-08-07, 05:34   Link #5589
DragoMuseveni
True Dragon

That last page tho , it gives me a feeling that David ditched Sinbad and started a new plan with Arba . He stated that Solomon`s wisdom is not the only key to unlock the sacred place
Old 2016-08-07, 05:38   Link #5590
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
No, Aladdin is talking figuratively.

but i guess it would weaken alibabas character, he was never meant to be someone born to be great, no big past, destiny or special ability like mors but despite that he still impresses people and is able to motivate them
Old 2016-08-07, 06:16   Link #5591
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

I feel Aladdin and Sinbad both want the same thing for the world, it's just that Aladdin has faith in humanity while Sinbad doesn't.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-07, 09:27   Link #5592
Fwarlord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairy Water View Post
I feel like Sinbad is totally negative while Aladdin is full positive.
Wonder who is it that Arba went to meet? And I thought she doesn't hate David? What's a twist.
Well, Arba always hates David, ever since Alma Torran. She believes he is the usurper who steal Ill Illah's position and wants to erase his existence to restore Ill Illah to its pure state.
Old 2016-08-07, 13:12   Link #5593
foxbox360
New Age Badass

They said we halfway though the final arc, we might see a huge war in the end. As for Sinbad, I'm glad he didn't picture as the end villain, he just a guy who try to make the world a better place. He admitted defeat but won't change his belief, he is human after all...
Old 2016-08-07, 13:59   Link #5594
LevelSeven

^i think the defeat-part wasnt actually true... the way he thought to himself about alladins way of thinking makes it seem like he faked agreement in order to have a easier time betraying them later :/
Old 2016-08-07, 18:30   Link #5595
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
^in sinbads case there will at least be a time where wars wont happen (and im not sure if he will have a human lifespan if he reaches the same lvl as sinbad) at all... while i agree that it is a plan full of flaws and wont work forever im absolutely sure that alladins plan isnt any better

the only way i see for lasting peace is to make people as emotionally attached to one another as possible, that way nobody will be able to ignore a person who is in need and nobody will be able to hurt others because of their own goals

or maybe making a world where people dont know the concept of lies and deceptions, but i dont think that the truth will make people any less affected by their violent tendencys :/
You're also right, in that Sinbad will at least manage to create peace for a time even though it'll take a lot of time, but it's still bad that his way would attempt to control people. Trying to control people and taking away their individual will and ability to think for themselves is a kind of tyranny. That's one of the things Sinbad wanted to stop when he started off trying to change the world.

So yeah, I agree with Apoptosis' point: They both want basically the same thing, with Sinbad having lost his trust in humanity and Aladdin still having that trust. That's the reason why, this being a Shounen manga, Aladdin has to be one to win. To send the readers the message that humanity really can still be trusted, even if the world became anything like what's shown in this series and if what Sinbad fears will happen happens.

And yeah, on the point of him admitting defeat, that probably wasn't true.
Old 2016-08-07, 22:57   Link #5596
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
^i think the defeat-part wasnt actually true... the way he thought to himself about alladins way of thinking makes it seem like he faked agreement in order to have a easier time betraying them later :/
So sad but true, Sinbad is his own worst enemy and I wonder if his friends will help in his quest to take the scrad palace.
Old 2016-08-08, 15:30   Link #5597
DragonOsman
Dragon King

They can't. Aladdin is closely related to the Sacred Palace and if what Sinbad wants to do with it is bad in any way, Aladdin will want to stop him rather than to help him.
Old 2016-08-10, 08:22   Link #5598
Sixth
Hu Tao

Arba came in the whole package; Loli Arba, Young Arba, Milf Arba. Definitely worth your buck if you can tolerate with her zealous insanity.

And Sinbad wasn't even trying here and the entire casts were convinced by his act alone. It was nice to see that David is decided to take the matters with his own hands.

As for trust on humanity issue and how Aladdin believe with it, I really think that the author shouldn't prey on this kind of issue in the first place. It is really hard for me to swallow the whole "humanity can be good" pill when you've live long enough to see how our society works. The Naruto's writer touched this issue as well, but at the best he can wrote for the ending was Naruto is still working/searching with it without a firm solution.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-08-10, 11:36   Link #5599
DragonOsman
Dragon King

You're right about Arba, but she's still a b*tch, so I'd never take her if she were real.
Old 2016-08-10, 20:58   Link #5600
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
They can't. Aladdin is closely related to the Sacred Palace and if what Sinbad wants to do with it is bad in any way, Aladdin will want to stop him rather than to help him.
I was referring to the seven generals, the casts of Snb.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen