Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-19, 14:50   Link #1321
Nerroth
NePoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Any theories on why Charlotte might prefer Teppei over Hartmann? Since we've only had one episode of him, it's still too early to provide a valid reason.
WHen I first saw your username, I thought it said 'Wraith88' instead! But then, I'm a fan of the Stargate franchise, so...

Spoiler for thoughts:

Quote:
Final question: What would you make of game adaptations that throw in their own anime-original plots? Would it be an improvement, and could it possibly open up new choices for adaptations?
Depends on the source material.

If the original game is renowned for its strong story elements (like the School Life part of Clannad) and has at least one major story arc that does not branch out much (like the After Story part of Clannad, or Tomoyo After) than the case for being as faithful as one can to the original work can be a pretty strong one.

However, if the original is, shall we say, not quite in that same league, then so long as they make a good go if it, I don't mind the anime studio doing their own thing.

And, of course, series that are intended to tell a different chapter in the game's setting (the way Canaan does compared to the scenario in 428 it follows on from) are, in my view, fair game... so long as they get it right.
Old 2009-08-19, 15:55   Link #1322
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

You know what I've noticed in ep 7
Spoiler for ep 7:
Old 2009-08-19, 15:58   Link #1323
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
It means. Being the fiancee of a country's princess is pretty meaningful thing.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 16:20   Link #1324
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
Obvious to everyone because of a simple thing. A fighter being injured is more acceptable than a "normal girl".

Well that wasn't the obvious one l was going for,but hell it does end up with the same results l guess....

Point is even if sylvia gets injured/hurt it would become moot if Charlotte got injured as well.... so much for that option l suppose...
Manji Midou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 18:43   Link #1325
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
Well that wasn't the obvious one l was going for,but hell it does end up with the same results l guess....

Point is even if sylvia gets injured/hurt it would become moot if Charlotte got injured as well.... so much for that option l suppose...
Im sticking with option #3 denial denial denial it works everytime.
Old 2009-08-19, 19:24   Link #1326
velvet nightmare

lesson of the day, never use vibrate mode

picking up phone calls solves 99% of life's problems
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 19:49   Link #1327
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im sticking with option #3 denial denial denial it works everytime.
l think most sylvia fans have gotten past the denial stage and are currently wavering between anger and acceptance though.
Old 2009-08-19, 20:44   Link #1328
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manji Midou View Post
l think most sylvia fans have gotten past the denial stage and are currently wavering between anger and acceptance though.
not me im not angry though but im the kind of guy who would be down to 2 bullets surrounded on all sides and still think i could i win lol. So i will be in denial till i actually see the completion of the romance. Being accepting is going to be a little difficult since i honestly think they dont make a good couple but Teppei isnt the first male character to mezmorized by a nice set of ti...*COUGH*

I do want more Yuu i think shes a fantastic character.
Old 2009-08-19, 20:52   Link #1329
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post
lesson of the day, never use vibrate mode

picking up phone calls solves 99% of life's problems
Or cause them.
Old 2009-08-19, 20:54   Link #1330
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Or cause them.
This sounds more realistic i dread when my phone rings.
Old 2009-08-19, 20:56   Link #1331
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
This sounds more realistic i dread when my phone rings.
Exactly, lol.
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Old 2009-08-19, 21:05   Link #1332
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Teppei isnt the first male character to mezmorized by a nice set of ti...*COUGH*.
Now,now Sylvia's no slouch.... for once this has nothing to do with that area.... it just comes to this charlotte has taken action... the other's not so much...

Quote:
I do want more Yuu i think shes a fantastic character.
Agreed. l wouldn't mind if the last eps where Yuu oriented and she ended up with Teppei, as she is tied with charlotte as my favorite girl...
Old 2009-08-19, 21:05   Link #1333
mrjpark
Raging Ami-chan fanboy

But I leave my phone on vibrate all the time! D: Just *delete missed call* "Oh snaps! Really? I never got it..."
mrjpark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 21:46   Link #1334
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Ahhh but there was that one vibrate phone scene in Macross Frontier.

One of the best scenes in anime history.
Old 2009-08-19, 21:50   Link #1335
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Ahhh but there was that one vibrate phone scene in Macross Frontier.

One of the best scenes in anime history.
Pure Total Win.

I actually don't usually miss calls on vibrate. More on Sound because my earphones are in all the time.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 22:04   Link #1336
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

I totally forgot to mention a scene that irked me a little because the scene seemed to flow quite strangely.

After the initial introduction of Haltman the scene switches to the evening setting as he has finished his tour of the school. Afterward Sylvia says "Charlotte i didnt know you had a fiance" Charlotte's reply was "Im sorry i dont want to discuss it right now". Sylvia leaves without saying a word and imo looked pretty pissed. But of course Charlotte is all happy go lucky when Teppei speaks up.

So here are my questions for all you crazy Princess Lover viewers.

1. Do you think its unfair that Charlotte never mentions having a fiancee while gallivanting around with Sylvia's. Then brushes her off when shes asked about it?

2. Since the truth has come out and Charlotte now has a fiancee the hot springs seem to be void because of Charlotte keeping the secret. what are your thoughts should the agreement between the 4 be kept or should it be dissolved?

3. Did Sylvia just walk away or did she walk away angry? later she states its not a big deal but Sylvia is pretty good with her poker face.

4. is Hartman really a bad guy?
Old 2009-08-19, 22:14   Link #1337
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

Quote:
I totally forgot to mention a scene that irked me a little because the scene seemed to flow quite strangely.

After the initial introduction of Haltman the scene switches to the evening setting as he has finished his tour of the school. Afterward Sylvia says "Charlotte i didnt know you had a fiance" Charlotte's reply was "Im sorry i dont want to discuss it right now". Sylvia leaves without saying a word and imo looked pretty pissed. But of course Charlotte is all happy go lucky when Teppei speaks up.
Mostly because that scene completely infuriated my ranting original post on this thread I'll respond to those questions. I'm not sure If I'm quite a fan right now, but this show has plenty of time to win me back. (I know I'll still end up watching it though grr!)

Quote:
So here are my questions for all you crazy Princess Lover viewers.

1. Do you think its unfair that Charlotte never mentions having a fiancee while gallivanting around with Sylvia's. Then brushes her off when shes asked about it?
Yeah, I really do. Sylvia is obviously warming up to Teppei and Charlotte constantly is bringing up the fiance thing with Sylvia, (marry him, marry her etc.) Then Charlotte makes an advance on Teppei just for Sylvia to find out that Charlotte already has someone? So much for marrying your fiance.

Quote:

2. Since the truth has come out and Charlotte now has a fiancee the hot springs seem to be void because of Charlotte keeping the secret. what are your thoughts should the agreement between the 4 be kept or should it be dissolved?
It really doesn't matter about the agreement at this point. Regardless or not the other girls are probably going to feel betrayed.

Quote:

3. Did Sylvia just walk away or did she walk away angry?
Not too sure about angrily but definitely a negative emotion.

Quote:

4. is Hartman really a bad guy?
At this point? No, just because he's the obstacle between Charlotte and Teppei doesn't make him the bad guy. Unless he goes all crazy and plots world domination.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-19, 22:34   Link #1338
zato_1one

Making Charlotte's fiance to be a bad guy is the easiest solution for Charlotte to give a good excuse for breaking up with him. IMO <_<
Old 2009-08-20, 00:40   Link #1339
projectsoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
Making Charlotte's fiance to be a bad guy is the easiest solution for Charlotte to give a good excuse for breaking up with him. IMO <_<
lol yeah. she seemed kinda sad on the date with Teppei when they went to Osaka? so that was when i thought that she was either getting married like Teppei to someone or that she wished that Sylive wasnt getting married to Teppei so that she could marry him herself.

I wonder who the killer is that is assassinating everyone my guess is that its Heartman's Subordinate. because she just seems like the type who would kill people. but it also surprises me who the killer went after i would of thought they would go after Arima, Van Hoffen, and Heartman because 3 influential people in one room seems like a too good of an oppertunity to kill someone. but to keep making Teppei mad by killing other loved ones who are not even part of it just seems super evil
projectsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-20, 01:41   Link #1340
golthin

Quote:
4. is Hartman really a bad guy
I don't think he is a bad guy, he is just as much as a victim as charlotte, Teppei and Sylvia about the custom of Arranged and forced marriages. At least Teppei was given the option of refusing it they don't want it at the end. I am not pretty sure about sylvia's option. Charlotte being a princess, I am pretty sure her circumstances are more severe than Teppei and Sylvia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectsoul View Post
but to keep making Teppei mad by killing other loved ones who are not even part of it just seems super evil
the big question and which will solve all the shipping wars is who will teppei go and save. Charlotte or Sylvia.
It will be the girl he considers his lover.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-08-20 at 02:36.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, ecchi, eroge, romance, seinen