AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-12-22, 14:03   Link #701
akumaten

That was fun
Finally Prime-chan got her proper Matrix
I had a feeling that "Akane" was a fabrication of her ideal self in wanting to be a big tiddy anime girl.
akumaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 14:37   Link #702
EroKing

Predictable ending, nothing special or fancy.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 03:52.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 14:52   Link #703
coded321
He Who Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Just saw the last ep granted with no subs and is confused to some of the things happening there.
Looks like yuuta combined with all of his support + anti and he looked different
Somewhat less mechanical looking
Similar to kamen rider looks
basically he changed back into his original form from the 1993 tv series. that being said, since i'm not that familiar about the original series, this ending has left me with a LOT of questions.
coded321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 15:09   Link #704
Rockanime

after the end of the episode, Rikka's VA gave an interview and said that Rikka IS Akane in the real world. That's why "Akane" disappeared in the ED.
Old 2018-12-22, 15:27   Link #705
bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockanime View Post
after the end of the episode, Rikka's VA gave an interview and said that Rikka IS Akane in the real world. That's why "Akane" disappeared in the ED.
So digital Akane went back to the real world?
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 15:33   Link #706
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Man, I loved it when the classic Gridman theme song appeared and the Gridman out of nowhere pulled some sort technique to beat that guy.

It was epic.... but this ended more like a simple spinoff to the original series rather than its own series especially with its "guest" characters. Still Anti and that Kaiju might return if a season 2 or something like that is made.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 15:34   Link #707
Blueknight78

what we learned here today on that serie:
never let the loners japaneses play the sims, because they will make a really big mess with mods and cheats.

it's really trigger crazy quality, i means great battles and references but a total nonsense plot full of plot holes and mess, lack of explanations and others crazyness.

basically the reason gridman choose yuuta was because his feelings for "rikka", because with that he could have acess to the computer omg.

man so many bad things on this last episode, basically the "glasse" useless friend was really your generic useless friend, he literally really did nothing than just "watch", he was totall right about his roles he was a pointless character just to cheer up for gridman.

rikka and akane omg i gonna explain that later and alex..., the only real good character on that mess was anti everyone else was terrible.

yeah we have what was obvious all that crap was just to save akane from her "own crazyness hikikomore life" before she become a full psycho murder or something like that, this serie is really hard to forget.

but aside all the crap in the plot, the references and battles where fun and i could give for that a 4.5 /10 to 5/10. it's just trigger doing trigger crazy series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockanime View Post
basicamente rikka was your "average forever alone japanese probably a hikikomore or close to that then se bought the sims 4 ultra mega japanese special edition from EA which come with ultra mega bugs and she decided to create one world where she create a "npc of herself and create what she believe which could be a perfect version of her ( a big breast crazy girl) or it was all a dream???? , man i really never gonna forget this serie for how messed it was.
Old 2018-12-22, 15:38   Link #708
Sakuratsuki

Despite not having watched the original Gridman, I still enjoyed this show quite a lot. Nice ending and hopefully a s2.
Old 2018-12-22, 15:46   Link #709
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Well, I guess they covered most the things that needs to be covered?

But I really think they need one more episode to sort out the whole Akane/Rikka relationship.
This'll make Gridman's reason of choosing Yuuta to be easier to figest.

Though Alexis is somewhat disappointing. Another evil lost boss that's evil because living too long and feel hollow inside, and the only joy left in life is to devour evil emotion of mankind etc.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 15:57   Link #710
James Rye

"Fixer beam" Lol
We never found out Akane's reason why she left the real world and became god of her own fake city world, creating, destroying and recreating it over and over again. Maybe Yuta and Rikka having feelings for each other might have been the reason. Who knows. It kinda just ended, this ending felt somehow kinda meh to me. Like we win because we say so and everything is okay because we understand and stuff like that. I think there should have been more lead-up to this finale and more closure as well.
Old 2018-12-22, 16:25   Link #711
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Classic Gridman along with the original OP? Yep, this was a fantastic way to end such a great series. I'm certainly pleased!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2018-12-22, 16:31   Link #712
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
basicamente rikka was your "average forever alone japanese probably a hikikomore or close to that then se bought the sims 4 ultra mega japanese special edition from EA which come with ultra mega bugs and she decided to create one world where she create a "npc of herself and create what she believe which could be a perfect version of her ( a big breast crazy girl) or it was all a dream???? , man i really never gonna forget this serie for how messed it was.

Its too bad SimCity sucks nowadays but remember when you could import your Sims into SimCity? Its kind of a silly premise but Akane has become 1,000,000x more relatable. Who hasn't killed their Sims in horrible ways?
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 17:35   Link #713
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Its too bad SimCity sucks nowadays but remember when you could import your Sims into SimCity? Its kind of a silly premise but Akane has become 1,000,000x more relatable. Who hasn't killed their Sims in horrible ways?
yeah , basically real life rikka was a "simmer(the sims gamer fan) japan style, which instead of just drow her "sim" in a pool she used alex kaiju "mod" to destroy the whole world cuz is more easy destroy the whole town than just kill a single character ..

the more i think about this serie more ridiculous it become.

and when you look to "real life rikka" the few seconds you can see her head and face she really does looks like rikka instead of akane.

real life rikka: - i'm a hikikomori loner and i need to have my own isekai then let's look on the net what could be a good game: look at waht i find, that game to have my own "isekai" (looking at the sims 4 logo)

real life rikka: now i will get my revenge on the normies and the world and have my own world, let me create that pointless npcs which "emotions" are the only thing which driven then (which really match perfect the 2 yuuta friends since they are just "emotions and nothing more like the sims 4 where sism don't really have any personality aside "emotions") i will make that "rikka" loner and make for myself that hot big breast popular girl loved by everyone.

real life rikka after play for 5 minutes the game : man this games sucks, soo much bug and no personality everyone is just emotions" i wann ask my money back..

real life rikka: hello EA supports??... hello???...(1 hour later trying), hello???

EA support: hello EA supporting in what i can help you???,

real life rikka: this game is totally borken it was supposed to be a life simulator but all npcs are aways help without any pesonality and it's full of bugs and mess

EA Suport: ok give me some time while i will look into it: (one more hour later)srry but the game is working "fine", and we find out which you are playing the game wrong...

real life rikka: what???? this is not suppoed to be a game where i can create a world to have a virtual life with smart npcs?

EA Support: you read wrong the game it's supposed to be about you kill all your npcs in many ways while the game is not crashing or lagging or not waiting for the load screen and we can't give your money back but we can give you this ticket to get a 5%sale in this awesome overpriced dlc with little to none content for the game!!!!! and if you need more support contact some moddes sites like that and maybe they will help you but don't worry our team already preparing a future hotfix for some troubles ut not gonna take too longer and while you are still there... for the sake of MERCY GOD, PLEASE! PLEASE!!!!, BUY BF V!!!!!!! WE ARE DOING A DISCOUNT OF IT AND THE GAME IT IS A 33% OF ITS PRICE, PLEASE HELP US TO SELL THAT CRAP!!!!!.

real life rikka starting to play in the right way the game: man this game is so bugged and that deaths are so "boring!!!" even killing the characters is crap i really need some mods.

real life rikka after finding a mod site: oH look at all that game mods to fix the game... and wait look a "kaiju mod" wow what it's name, something alexis..., it's really looks cool i will use it!!!!

akane(rikka isekai avatar)wait why yuuta is in flirt mod for rikka?????, he is supposed to be interested on me i will look for a fix for it...

After years of "we are listening from EA MAXIS... they announce a patch hotfix for the game which promisse to solve 100% of the game bugs.. but due to a bug on the hotfix it not gonna work until later... when they can find a "fix for the hotfix", this hotfix was called "grind...moneys ops... we means gridman.

the the anime start...

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-12-22 at 18:47.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 19:00   Link #714
drawr

I saw Akane "redemption" coming but still could not for the life of me understand why the cast was so deadset on it other than programming, which makes it feel shallow. And Rikka especially was obsessed, and I haven't seen enough of their relationship to get it. Well, I hope Anti finds a good home.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 19:21   Link #715
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
and when you look to "real life rikka" the few seconds you can see her head and face she really does looks like rikka instead of akane.

Actually I don't think I get the whole Rikka = Akane thing (I think she's just supposed to look like a generic Japanese girl) but in the last scene there's a picture frame by her bed that clearly has AKANE in Romaji.

Spoiler for AKANE:

Is reverse isekai gonna be a hot new genre going forward? Hmm.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 19:45   Link #716
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was wondering how they could possibly fit everything into the final episode, and the answer was that they couldn't. We really could have used some backstory on Akane in particular, this would have given more weight to a lot of scenes in this episode. I'm still rather satisfied with what we got though, because the execution was really neat.

Gridman turning back into the Gridman from the live action series was awesome. Got to use his old techniques, too. Alexis' origins remained untold, and his motives felt pretty shallow. He felt more like a plot device than anything.

Anti never got his final showdown with Gridman. Interesting that he was rescued by Ano. His right eye turning blue means he's become even more human, I guess?

Utsumi remained completely useless to the end. I really thought he'd get to do something in the final ep, but nope. Never even got to talk with Akane.

We didn't get to see much of the real Yuta and we never found out what his conversation with Rikka prior to the beginning of the show was about. Just a confession, I suppose. At least they made it clear why he was chosen, he was the only one not mesmerized by Akane and he only had eyes for Rikka.

Best scene of the episode was Rikka saying farewell to Akane. Her final line was just so touching. It conveyed perfectly just how much she loved Akane. I still think that Rikka and Utsumi also broke through their programming when they met Gridman, as indicated by them seeing the maintenance Kaijus afterward and being unaffected by the memory alteration, so I believe those were her real feelings.

Akane's awakening being in live action was a nice touch. Made me think it could be pretty cool if the next series, if there is one, were to be a hybrid between anime and live action. Yes, I know it's been done before (Trapeze comes to mind) but whatever.

Although the final was disappointing, this still remains one of my favorite show this season. I had a lot of fun with it.
Old 2018-12-22, 19:51   Link #717
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Just saw the final episode and hey! my prediction was right again :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Now that you mentioned it, Anoshiras II personally and directly thanked Yuta for the deed that the Original Gridman did for her predecessor Anoshiras. Is the show trying to say that Yuta is the OG Gridman and we'll get a live-action portion during this series? Eh, I'm probably overthinking it. The showrunners aren't that crazy, are they?
All in all, as a fan of the original Gridman, I'm happy with this ending. It did many things that I wanted them to do:
  • Completely confirms that this anime is a continuation of the original series.
  • Answers the question about why Gridman become the way he is before his complete awakening.
  • Makes Gridman great agai...I mean makes him return to his original self.
  • Features both the OP & ED of the original show.
  • Confirms that Akane is IRL Rikka (at least in looks) and that she's destroying and remolding her sims constantly because she's probably a hikki that can't face the reality outside as well as some "irregulars" in her own created world (a common problem of many Japanese kids nowadays) thanks to Alexis' favor.
  • Makes handdrawn animation for the climactic battle.
  • Brings back Ano II plus her predecessor/parent, Ano I.
  • Tying some of the loose ends (Yuta's parents, Anti's fate, etc).
  • Finally answers that there's nothing too spectacular that happened between Yuta & Rikka before Gridman possessed his body which many has been speculating (no more pregnant Rikka). It also answers some viewers' confusion about whether it's Yuta or Gridman who likes Rikka throughout the show .

Btw, Gridman's Fixer Beam being the ultimate weapon that can defeat Alexis is definitely a nice surprise. In the old show, it was mostly used after the battles to, well, fix things . I guess different criminal have different weakness. Now Gridman can add Alexis to his rogue gallery record (after Khan Digifer) in the Interdimensional Police Headquarters .

All in all, this is such a good sequel to the original show. I wish more tokusatsu get this much loving treatment in the future after the likes of Garo & Gridman.
Old 2018-12-22, 19:53   Link #718
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
Actually I don't think I get the whole Rikka = Akane thing (I think she's just supposed to look like a generic Japanese girl) but in the last scene there's a picture frame by her bed that clearly has AKANE in Romaji.

Spoiler for AKANE:

Is reverse isekai gonna be a hot new genre going forward? Hmm.
just take what the VA told and how the girl look even her hair, she does looks like rikka and based on what her VA told make total sense and akane could be really her "name in the real world, like rikka is her "real life look" while her akane look is what she dreammed for her.

and on note, that "weird thing on her dresser it is a vibrat... or a sort of thing to "massage"?? that red thing when you put that image i was like ok that objects does looks like something really wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
I saw Akane "redemption" coming but still could not for the life of me understand why the cast was so deadset on it other than programming, which makes it feel shallow. And Rikka especially was obsessed, and I haven't seen enough of their relationship to get it. Well, I hope Anti finds a good home.
to be fair "anyone cold had see that, she had "TWO HUGE REASONS"(PLOTS >.> ) to be redemmed.

you know how tits can redem almost everyone in japan, the power of boobs

Last edited by Blueknight78; 2018-12-22 at 20:08.
Blueknight78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 21:10   Link #719
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
[*]Brings back Ano II plus her predecessor/parent, Ano I.
Speaking of Anoshirsu, there is a electronic keyboard right next to Akane's bed in the end. Good thing they remembered that.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-12-22, 21:40   Link #720
Wandering Soul

I honestly feel that this could have benefitted from another episode or two to show things like Akane's backstory and really explain what Alexis was. Rikka and Akane's relationship also would have benefitted from being developed more.

It was an alright ending, but I still enjoyed the show overall.
Wandering Soul is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kaiju, super hero, tokusatsu, tsuburaya