AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Guilty Crown

Notices

View Poll Results: Guilty Crown - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 21 26.58%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 25.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 10.13%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 16.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 7.59%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 6.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.53%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 2.53%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-23, 10:59   Link #81
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Gai saving shu makes me think he still somehow needs Shu. Probably to save that girl he keeps talking about -_- Although it would be a more intr show if Gai died.

http://sining83.blogspot.com
Old 2011-12-23, 11:32   Link #82
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Wasn't Gai going to die anyway? I'm sure I remember him saying he hasn't much time left in the past few episodes. It was either "Let Shu die and let Inori get kidnapped whilst I die a few days later" Or "Kill myself in the process of saving Shu and not be a douche for once, and creating the possibilities that Shu could save Inori".
Old 2011-12-23, 11:36   Link #83
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

This episode definitely makes me drop the show. I only find the animation & song good and the rest are meh.
Old 2011-12-23, 11:46   Link #84
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Well, I did point out why Gai wouldn't be Ayase's love interest some time back, so it didn't come as much of a surprise to me.
I honestly said that she would be the best match for him and even thought I had she a reaction from her that seemed to be jealousy, I would never thought to see the day when I would see her call out Shu name in a situation like that.will be really interesting to see how she will behave toward Shu from now on .
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil|plushie View Post
Gai saving shu makes me think he still somehow needs Shu. Probably to save that girl he keeps talking about -_- Although it would be a more intr show if Gai died.
I do not think this is the case, after all Mana seems to have more feelings for Shu.
Now that I mentioned Shu and Mana there is something interesting I noticed.
Spoiler for Shu and Mana:

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-23 at 12:29.
Old 2011-12-23, 11:54   Link #85
miketyson

I'm in the "this is tremendously entertaining fun" camp, even more so after this episode. I wish we had gotten to the great stuff sooner but as of now it's becoming pretty solid entertainment.

I have to give a lot of credit to Production IG, too: this is some of the best action-scene composition stuff I can remember seeing. I am pretty sure I've seen lots of *action* that's better-done, but the lighting, colors, and so on make this uniquely beautiful to watch.
Old 2011-12-23, 12:03   Link #86
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Wonder whether that guy who came in from that gate is what....

Won't be surprised if this show goes down the fantasy route...

General Yan and the rest of GHQ's leadership got offed surprisingly quickly...well nutjob kid is always convenient....
Old 2011-12-23, 14:48   Link #87
endarion88

is just me who think that "departures" sounded way more cool during this episode than during the endings like a completly different version?
Old 2011-12-23, 16:02   Link #88
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Anything will sound cooler when it's being used to cure a horrible disease and a background song for a highschool guy being chased by mecha and defending himself from rockets using cool superweapons pulled out of his friends...
Old 2011-12-23, 16:43   Link #89
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Anything will sound cooler when it's being used to cure a horrible disease and a background song for a highschool guy being chased by mecha and defending himself from rockets using cool superweapons pulled out of his friends...
true enough..but the music really seems different...
Old 2011-12-23, 17:10   Link #90
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The cliffhanger was rather unexciting. Eyebrows-kun looks too funny for me to him seriously (would have helped if Inori didn't scream erotically when he took out her void too), and I'd be amazed if Gai truly died.
The really could have done better. Those bushy eye brows are not intimidating. Would have been better if he looked evil or something. And Inori not only had the erotic scream, but was flushed more than usual too. Shu got Void NTR'd, haha. They episode should have ended with him slashing down and saving the Gai part for the beginning of the next season.

Quote:
Oddly enough, even though I don't have anything good to say about this episode, I found it pretty entertaining. I guess it's not that bad... or maybe it's so bad it's good? I can't tell.
I'm with ya there. There is plenty to commend and plenty to complain about.
Old 2011-12-23, 17:11   Link #91
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Why did I expect a new song when Inori is about to sing?
Old 2011-12-23, 17:54   Link #92
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
The really could have done better. Those bushy eye brows are not intimidating. Would have been better if he looked evil or something. And Inori not only had the erotic scream, but was flushed more than usual too. Shu got Void NTR'd, haha. T
You know..I don't think that Shu find this funny I mean Gai it's almost died and Inori kidnapped plus there is something like the apocalypse in that moment. In addition Inori was focused on Shu at that moment, so I doubt that her reaction stems from the new void user (which seems that his name is Yuu). And why I have the feeling that even if Shu and his comrades stop this mess,they will not be able to take back Inori.
Old 2011-12-23, 17:55   Link #93
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 11:

- I couldn't really feel any sympathy for either Daryl's dad nor Daryl himself. His dad had barely any coverage in the show, and while I understand its the building up of neglect and other little things that led to Daryl being fed up with his father, I'm left confused as to what direction the writers want to take Daryl's character in.
The fact that he remains a punching bag for the Funeral Parlor so far seems to just highlight his growing stress and psychological instability, will it amount to anything or will it just be pushed aside?

- I think Funeral Parlor treated Shu like crap. Yet I'm sure they genuinely thought of him as a comrade. One thing I get from them(as opposed to the GHQ and the Antibodies) is that they're surprisingly pure minded in their thinking and ideals, which I'd attribute to traumatic past+Gai brainwashing. I'm sure bad writing also fits somewhere into the equation but...

- Good on Dan for actually having an serious American face instead of the usual comedic American face, even if it was moments before his death.

- Mugi-chan!
Spoiler for (found this off the net):

- I actually rather enjoyed this series so far. There had been only been one or two episodes where I really got frustrated with the series(I guess 1 or 2 is still too much?). The really big problem is the flimsy writing...but then I've definitely seen worse from many Hollywood action flicks, so this is no biggie. Guilty Crown is well paced so far, and has an intriguing setting and backstory that makes some people want to keep watching. There's plenty of eye candy even if the animation isn't always up to standard.

- I guess next episode we'll be getting flashbacks about the events 10 years ago. This is what I've been waiting for since the first episode so I hope IG will at least get this right.
       /
      / \|
    /
Old 2011-12-23, 23:00   Link #94
Manic
real men love pink

Haha i was pretty spot on with what i said last week. Shu discovers he was trying to hard to be like gai and has to do things his own way. Glad shu formed his own group and is going to lead them in his own way. I figure FP will either be done or shu will now lead them.

I doubt gai is gonna die, if i was a better man, id place my bet on hare healing him. Then with him still weakened will spill the beans about the events of lost xmas.
Old 2011-12-23, 23:34   Link #95
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Something I did pretty quickly, just for a laugh, based on a comparison between a certain scene in this anime and a famous YouTube meme that another poster made.

Enjoy the Captain Eagleman Punch!

Old 2011-12-23, 23:52   Link #96
dark998

Some interesting things I noticed after rewatching the episode, mostly about the new "party-pooper" void user:

-He has the power to extract voids in his right hand, just like Shu
-However, his mark and Shu's are different
-He pulls from Inori the basic void sword seen in episodes 1 and 2, not the enhanced version of episode 4
-He doesn't get demonic red eyes after holding the sword, which confirms there is a special link between Shu and Inori (and between Mana and him as well).
Old 2011-12-24, 02:09   Link #97
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Some interesting things I noticed after rewatching the episode, mostly about the new "party-pooper" void user:

-He has the power to extract voids in his right hand, just like Shu
-However, his mark and Shu's are different
-He pulls from Inori the basic void sword seen in episodes 1 and 2, not the enhanced version of episode 4
-He doesn't get demonic red eyes after holding the sword, which confirms there is a special link between Shu and Inori (and between Mana and him as well).
I also noticed this.One other thing I noticed, the new void user a waited for Shu and Inori gaze to met , which makes me think that he needed Shu to draw Inori's void (I mean the sword like).About the red eyes I wonder what it means to,a few posts ago I posted (in spoiler) two pic showing both Shu and Mana with red eyes.I mean it must have a precise meaning because is a unique thing that Shu and Mana share from what we have seen so far.I remember the first time that Shu draw out Inori void his eyes were red, the other interesting thing about the beginning of episode 1 Inori said "we have to bring her to Gai" when she have the tube with the void genome inside.

Last edited by Soji; 2011-12-24 at 03:22.
Old 2011-12-24, 07:07   Link #98
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by endarion88 View Post
is just me who think that "departures" sounded way more cool during this episode than during the endings like a completly different version?
That's because it was a slightly different mix indeed and it was indeed pretty cool.
Old 2011-12-24, 08:56   Link #99
rakusukira

I'm very worried for Inori... I'm thinking Gai is planning to sacrifice Inori to get Mana back... and that's where Shu and Gai will part ways...

I always believed Gai to be a future antagonist
Old 2011-12-24, 09:15   Link #100
Soji

^Sorry, If I repeat myself ... but for what .It's not like that if Gai brings Mana back she fall for him.We already know (thank to Gai himself) that Mana choice Shu at that time (plus some flashbacks)unless he wants to get rid of Shu, but I don't think Mana would be so happy about that.
Closed Thread