AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-07, 01:44   Link #1961
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep50:
Old 2012-10-07, 01:58   Link #1962
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Can't escape? Make your own path.

This show is awesome.

I also wonder what's with Killua. It seems that he's been conditioned to avoid fights he isn't likely to win, but it seems to have placed a hard block on him.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 02:03   Link #1963
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

excellent tension this episode, the whole thing was greatly executed, and yet again i cant wait for next week episode, on a side question, have there been any news about a new OP/ED ? we are getting to the 52th episode soon.
Old 2012-10-07, 02:31   Link #1964
leokiko

There will probably be a new oneping on episode 52~53. They changed after 26 episodes last time after all.

Considering we are approaching the end of the first half of the York Shin Arc(it will end on episode 53, obviously), then we are either going to get an new OP on the episodes I mentioned, or we will get one on 54.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 06:29   Link #1965
Marower

Ahh, loved the episode. This is one of my favorite part in the series and Madhouse did it justice (although, the cheery music at the end was a bit weird). Next episode should be even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by leokiko View Post
There will probably be a new oneping on episode 52~53. They changed after 26 episodes last time after all.

Considering we are approaching the end of the first half of the York Shin Arc(it will end on episode 53, obviously), then we are either going to get an new OP on the episodes I mentioned, or we will get one on 54.
They changed the opening this episode, actually. New footage of the Troupe instead of the exam (they kept the part about Gon running towards Hisoka though) and they changed the lyrics once again. I doubt there will be a new opening. Maybe next arc. Maybe not.

Marower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 08:31   Link #1966
gsilver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
I also wonder what's with Killua. It seems that he's been conditioned to avoid fights he isn't likely to win, but it seems to have placed a hard block on him.
Yeah. That was rather strange. His restraint early and the episode, and being able to cover for Gon was a very good move (he was so lucky that girl showed up at the arm wrestling tournament) but later on, when he was freaking out in the cell, I got very worried.

It's interesting that the Phantom Troupe was able to recognize Gon's potential like they did. He's clearly no match for them, but they actually invited him to join, here. Still... Don't their rules say that Kurapika is eligible now? Yeah, there's the whole "hating them" thing, but they don't know that, and didn't most of them have to kill an existing member in order to join in the first place? In that case, why are they so angry at Kurapika at this point?

Speaking of luck, Gon and Killua were so lucky in this episode that it's stretching believability.
Old 2012-10-07, 09:26   Link #1967
ookamigirl

Gon & Killua at Phantom Troupe headquarters.
Killua is really impressive.
He always analyzes the situation and draws conclusions.
Killua vs Nobunaga, well, almost.
Seems like he was having some sort of a crisis.
Well , at least he pulled himself together.
They sure escaped rather easily from the hideout.
Looks like they still have a lot to learn...

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 09:34   Link #1968
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilver View Post

It's interesting that the Phantom Troupe was able to recognize Gon's potential like they did.
Me think Nobunaga is still trying to cope with the loss of someone he could call a friend by setting his eye on someone else close to Uvo in personality.
Remember, it's Nobunaga's idea mainly. The other members of the Troupe just did not care for the kids, after Pakunoda told them that the kids did not know about chain user.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 10:08   Link #1969
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Great episode! it was fun to see how easily Nobunaga (THE ALL CONFIDENT!) was tricked! It was also funny when the rest of the Spiders told him they would not help him if the kids escaped - and they didn't (Okay, I guess they weren't there cause they were out searching...)

No one wants to team up with our favorite assassin clown? Awww, sad clown face [>

Next episode looks to be a set-up episode with the assassins going after the Spiders to what, looks like, little success. Well, at least for the Rolento looking guy in the preview.

8/10
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 10:52   Link #1970
TooPurePureBoy
Socially Inept

I think the ones who are taking Uvo's death hard are the original members that are still alive. The ones who got in by killing another member are probably wondering what all the whining is about at this point. Goes to show you can swear to a life of chaos but it's hard when it effects you personally.

How many first time viewers actually thought there was going to be some kind of Nobunaga vs Killua+/Gon fight there? Just curious.
Old 2012-10-07, 11:27   Link #1971
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPurePureBoy View Post
How many first time viewers actually thought there was going to be some kind of Nobunaga vs Killua+/Gon fight there? Just curious.
I'll admit, I was surprised myself. It really shows that the world of HxH is not generic bs like other JUMP shounen series; almost seinen in a way. Guts and bravado don't mean crap! Everything needs to be calculated to see a realistic chance to win a battle. I wish all shounen fighting were like this, not random power-up crap like in Bleach or Naruto =02.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 11:43   Link #1972
PonSquared
A Very Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
I'll admit, I was surprised myself. It really shows that the world of HxH is not generic bs like other JUMP shounen series; almost seinen in a way. Guts and bravado don't mean crap! Everything needs to be calculated to see a realistic chance to win a battle. I wish all shounen fighting were like this, not random power-up crap like in Bleach or Naruto =02.
Agreed! In HxH you need to be the best, to fight the best. Its almost frustrating that G & K are no match for the Spiders on any level. It makes sense for them to be weak, because in the Nen world, they are only slightly above average at the moment. Better than most of the beginners but no where near true masters.

In DBZ and such, all you needed to do was to "want it" badly enough and your guts and determination alone could carry you though (with a little help.) Each time a new villain appeared you needed to only push yourself that much harder and you could win. In HxH, we have already seen the Majin Buu. The end boss. Now K&G know what true power looks like and want to get there - but they also realize that have a very long road to travel before they even stand a 10% chance of beating a Spider, no less a 50/50 chance. It is exciting to see them struggle against impossible odds in a battle to just survive, if nothing else. They have a lot of room to grow.

HxH is great because it makes a tiny bit more sense in a silly nonsensical world than other shows like it.

(I know there are more arcs after the Spiders, but I believe my analogy works regardless.)
PonSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 13:38   Link #1973
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsilver View Post
Still... Don't their rules say that Kurapika is eligible now? Yeah, there's the whole "hating them" thing, but they don't know that, and didn't most of them have to kill an existing member in order to join in the first place? In that case, why are they so angry at Kurapika at this point?
The group isn't that old. Uvo and Nobunaga were around when it was founded. So I'd say most of them are original members. Add in people like Kurapika and Killua's father who've killed one but didn't join and the number of people who actually joined by killing another member is probably very low. And they even seem to dislike Hisoka, who's the only one confirmed to have replaced a member by killing them. As we can see in this episode, they're actually pretty loyal to each other. Even the "solve all disputes by coinflip" thing indicates a sort of mutual respect for each other as equals.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 14:59   Link #1974
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marower View Post
They changed the opening this episode, actually. New footage of the Troupe instead of the exam (they kept the part about Gon running towards Hisoka though) and they changed the lyrics once again. I doubt there will be a new opening. Maybe next arc. Maybe not.
They changed it back to the first version.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 15:20   Link #1975
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Lol Gon almost gave away Hisoka. Nice that they used Zepile's teachings to use. Honestly thought they would try to fight Nobunaga though.
Old 2012-10-07, 17:21   Link #1976
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I guess Hisoka's position in the Troupe might still be under threat since that woman scanned Killua's memories and must surely know about his encounterings with Hisoka. Unless the woman is restricted in what she can search. Regardless, it was pretty incredible to see Hisoka uncomfortable for the first time.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-07, 17:28   Link #1977
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I guess Hisoka's position in the Troupe might still be under threat since that woman scanned Killua's memories and must surely know about his encounterings with Hisoka. Unless the woman is restricted in what she can search. Regardless, it was pretty incredible to see Hisoka uncomfortable for the first time.
I'd assume her ability is somewhat restricted. Ask a question and scan what comes to mind, kind of thing. Otherwise there wouldn't be a point for Hisoka to play it cool.
Old 2012-10-07, 20:25   Link #1978
Squarecrow
Supreme Ruler of Crowatia

Seems I must be an Enhancer as Gon and I were on the same page that entire episode. When Nobunaga was sad at Uvo's death Gon said exactly what I was thinking. When he was trapped in that room thinking of the counterfeiting methods I knew he was coming up with a plan. Didn't realize he was breaking through the walls until he said sidestepping though.

That episode was great, love the tension episodes in this series. Making sitting in a room exciting is awesome.
Squarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 17:17   Link #1979
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
It's been a while since I've stopped by this thread, but I think the big old 50 is as good a time as any. Wow so much man love amidst the troupe for Uvogin. I'm kind of embarassed it too me so long to realize they're essentially based off of the Yakuza. A vicious efficient group of killers and extortionists, but with some principles. And now it's a full on mob war, which means that this can only get more intense from here. York New City will be lucky if it survives this.

And then you've got the bro hate from Killua eventually spurring him on to help Gon escape, though you can tell it's eating away at him they he wasn't able to fight Nobunaga. I think that will come in time once they find Kurapika and level up their nen again. It almost feels like they are there, they've shown signs of being able to at least surprise the Troupe for the past few episodes now so with knowledge of the pact that Kurapika has going on I think they should be able to fight on equal ground. Wonder what their pacts would be if they were make them though I wonder? Lots of intrigue just building and building in this arc at an exponential rate. Next episode please!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 17:22   Link #1980
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Heh, H x H beat Naruto Shippuden this week...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen