AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Attack on Titan

Notices

Old 2013-04-08, 21:59   Link #501
PzIVf3

Very realistic arts and all around surroundings colors of building and houses makes me stun. This company must be rich pouring out the budget for their artist to look better than anyone.
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 22:17   Link #502
Panzerklein
In cash we trust!

We can't said so soon since just episode 1. Many series has very good episode 1, but later episodes are dropping in art and animation due many budget give to first ep.
Old 2013-04-08, 22:59   Link #503
Hmm....

As the one who never heard of the manga prior to this anime, when I first look at the PV I said well, the animation certainly look good but I doubt it will stay that good. I also doubt a spiderman show against show against naked giant would make a goos storyline. I thought might give it a try if I have time. Now that I watched episode 1, I regret. I regret that I didn't do it sooner. This is EPIC. The best first episode in this season so far and perhaps the best anime episode in the long long time.

The animation is great. The direction is great. The story is predictable but still manage to touched me which make it great even more. The best bit is certainly Hannes and Clara at the end of episode. These characters know what they should do, what they want to do, yet that doesn't mean they will/can really do it when their emotion get in the way. Hannes wanna act brave and noble. He want to complete his duty as a guard. he want to return his debt to Elen's family. Yet, he flees leaving Clara behind. Some may reason that if he died nobody will save the kids. But the anime clearly show that the purest reason he run is simply because he was freaked the shit out by that titan (which is nothing with that). The same goes to Clara. She may be shouting at Elen to run. She may keep telling Hannes to take the kids and flee. Deep in her heart, She still don't want to be left behind. She don't want to die. As much as she know she shouldn't, She can't hold it in and still cry out "don't go". Her struggling in the end is simply heart breaking. These thing really add to dimentions to characters

This episode is perfect I would give it a 10/10 if we actually have a poll and I rarely do that, no, I think I haven't done that before (and still don't since we don't have a poll ) The only bad thing I noticed about this episode would be I'm not a fan of speed line to dramatize the scene. While many anime may also use this technique, this episode didn't do it naturally enough (namely the mother scene when recon team come back). that and Elen will likely grow up to become emo character recklessly and wimpy. I hope he isn't too intolerable.
Hmm.... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 23:24   Link #504
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
They use gas powered 3D gear and gunpowder in combination with canons and rifles - 1000 years is a bit too far

The post-apocalyptic is more plausible.
I was going off of the timeline wikipedia shows, though the world could be entirely alternate even in its chronology.

Still don't think it should be from the modern world cuz like I said, the firepower of current humanity is too potent even for these titans.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 23:50   Link #505
Lenneth4

Send a message via MSN to Lenneth4
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurers123 View Post
Yeah sure there is. XD. You could see it in the face I'm pretty sure that titan was female. And there's also I think one in the preview. In some cases, some titans have the chests but it's always barbie doll anatomies regardless of gender.
Ok ! that make sense since why only titan male ^^
Lenneth4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 23:51   Link #506
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Outstanding first episode. Great character design, animation, storytelling, emotional impact -- even if we didn't get enough mother to make us feel we knew her before that final sequence. But maybe it's better this way....

I have no idea where the story can go from here. How can humans fight these things? Maybe with cannons, of which we saw one, but not in action or positioned to be in action.

I do hope we get some explanation of what the giants are and where they came from, but perhaps this will end up vaguely as myth, like other monsters in shounen anime.

In any case, this episode does help to support my contention that anime does myth better than realism. At least it shows that anime can do myth well. The oppressive feeling of being within that wall, and the impossibility of dealing with these huge creatures.

It's unfortunate that two of the best shows of the season so far -- this and Aku no Hana -- may end up being too harsh for me to enjoy watching.

Have we discussed the title here yet? As I read the Japanese, it more likely means "Attacking Giants" than anything like the official English title "Attack on Titan." Does anyone have any insight on that? (Without spoilers, of course.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissičre (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 00:25   Link #507
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Been looking forward to this series since I first heard it'll get an anime. This was one of the best first episode I've seen...had me sitting at the edge of my seat the whole time that wall broke. If the rest of the series continues like this, then this series will be awesome! So look forward to the next episode.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 00:41   Link #508
Mubyoshi

Dang, the titan that ate Eren's mom wasn't as creepy looking as the one in the manga in my opinion. That titan is the whole reason I even continued to read the manga, it had scared me so much that I had to keep reading, otherwise I will forever live in fear of that titan.
Mubyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 00:46   Link #509
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Have we discussed the title here yet? As I read the Japanese, it more likely means "Attacking Giants" than anything like the official English title "Attack on Titan." Does anyone have any insight on that? (Without spoilers, of course.)
Both titles work, because the story is about the titans attacking and humanities last stand against them. That's about all I can reveal about it without spoiling.
Old 2013-04-09, 00:55   Link #510
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by thundrakkon View Post
I get the feeling that the drawings of the titans look similar to how otakus are depicted. I'm not sure if that has any significance or if it is a political statement in some ways.
So Otaku are strong enough to destroy human society?
...Nah. It's not that deep of an anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
I'd say it actually means "Charging Giants (Giants doing the action)," not the other way around, since as I can see, the humans aren't able to actually charge at the giants. But the giants are clearly advancing towards the city.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 01:00   Link #511
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator

The logic behind creating U shaped cities of the author never really got me... He states that one can avoid invasion of cities this way... Logically, creating a 4 way split would prevent that even moreso..

Spoiler for Like this:

Pretty much the same design seen in Oblivion (Imperial City).
Haruyasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 01:06   Link #512
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Both titles work, because the story is about the titans attacking and humanities last stand against them. That's about all I can reveal about it without spoiling.
Don't you think people are spoiling bit much, talking about the 3D gear and how it works etc...? I don't mind, but its for the anime watcher only.

and can we finally get a sub-forum after episode 2?
Old 2013-04-09, 01:13   Link #513
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post

I agree... since we have one for Muv-luv's How to fight BETA...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 01:25   Link #514
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
It doesn't help begging about it. It'll happen when the moderators decide to.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2013-04-09, 01:31   Link #515
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
I have to disagree since I bought the first volume of the manga thinking it was set on Saturn's moon Titan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
The logic behind creating U shaped cities of the author never really got me... He states that one can avoid invasion of cities this way... Logically, creating a 4 way split would prevent that even moreso..

Spoiler for Like this:

Pretty much the same design seen in Oblivion (Imperial City).
I think the author intended the cities to be like bastions on a castle. The only problem is, bastions are there to allow artillery to cover the ground between bastions, which doesn't work when the cities are hundreds of kilometers apart.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-09, 01:33   Link #516
NoemiChan
Banned

I rewatched the episode where "mom" was eaten... This got me thinking...

NSFW
disturbing scene
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-04-09, 01:36   Link #517
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I have to disagree since I bought the first volume of the manga thinking it was set on Saturn's moon Titan.
Eh~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I rewatched the episode where "mom" was eaten... This got me thinking...

NSFW
disturbing scene
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Well, you don't eat meat alive either, right?
That said, I'm sure living people would be annoying in the mouth because of squirming and twitching. So by killing them beforehand, they can allow better passage of food.

Old 2013-04-09, 01:42   Link #518
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Don't you think people are spoiling bit much, talking about the 3D gear and how it works etc...? I don't mind, but its for the anime watcher only.

I haven't seen said posts, at least not recently? Then again I'm the only active mod in this thread for the moment, and I can only check in so much. If you see spoilers, please report them.

As for a subforum, we're still debating. Stay tuned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
While that would be an awesome manga.... You bought it on title alone?
Old 2013-04-09, 01:43   Link #519
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well, you don't eat meat alive either, right?
That said, I'm sure living people would be annoying in the mouth because of squirming and twitching. So by killing them beforehand, they can allow better passage of food.
I know... like he cared? I mean...that he is not that stupid.... which made me more curious...

Also, instantly biting her head or waist will kill her instantly... I first I thought he'll pull her apart but only broke her back....
Old 2013-04-09, 01:44   Link #520
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
I know... like he cared? I mean...that he is not that stupid.... which made me more curious...

Also, instantly biting her head or waist will kill her instantly... I first I thought he'll pull her apart but only broke her back....
I first thought he was going to pull her in half and drink her blood (saw this somewhere else before... Can't remember where).

Tags
action, dystopian, fantasy, post-apocalyptic, shounen, terror, tragedy, violence