AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-11-03, 21:34   Link #5981
outerelf

... Let's not talk like that. A lot of people are religious, and there are always fanatics. In science and religion. Either way, we're getting off topic.

Anyone know the details of Mikoto taking over the plane? Apparently the pilot tried to resist?

Also, any information about Accelerators time in GROUP would be great. I need it for my yaoi fanfic
Old 2010-11-03, 21:45   Link #5982
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
... Let's not talk like that. A lot of people are religious, and there are always fanatics. In science and religion. Either way, we're getting off topic.

Anyone know the details of Mikoto taking over the plane? Apparently the pilot tried to resist?
Right, also this is one of the reasons I love to be discreet about my religious beliefs, just for the sake of a peaceful discussions over here.

Anyway about Mikoto... haven't been reading the details much, but knowing Mikoto I believe she should be able to deliver a dose of electricity just to render the pilot unconscious. Well, I believe the Misaka clone (I forgot what number she was) who was with her piloting the plane should be able to do that as well, being trained in military tactics (what with the ability to use that AK-47 anyway, cool gun anyways XD), I figure she must have adapted a form of special forces way of infiltration and silencing in combination with her electrokinesis (learning some lessons from Spetsnaz? Military nerdgasm much).

... Okay... it seems that I'm not explaining things.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-11-03, 21:46   Link #5983
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Oh look, 300 pages. Wow, we added 100 pages in just over two months.
Old 2010-11-03, 21:50   Link #5984
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Soul, you're talking about 10777 (aka Comrade Imouto), right?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-11-03, 22:19   Link #5985
TheGiraffeStar
Room Full Of Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
I see what you did there...
Old 2010-11-03, 22:39   Link #5986
Asuras
Dictadere~!

In Soviet Russia, clone makes you.
Old 2010-11-03, 22:46   Link #5987
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Yeah, her.

... Comrade Imouto? Cool nickname there.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2010-11-03, 23:06   Link #5988
Flere821
Lurker

Vol22 Epilogue complete now, I've finished Pt 4-5 about Aleister, Fiamma and Laura.
Spoiler for My Comments on Epilogue:

I'm gonna go crash now, spent too much time translating - it almost feels like my soul has been drained and been put into this work for some reason >.> *twitches*

Quote:

Also, any information about Accelerators time in GROUP would be great. I need it for my yaoi fanfic
Mikoto basically gave the impression "if you don't want to be shocked to within inches of death fly this plane where I want to go" (not exact words). Pilot did not resist after seeing the Black Ops team onboard already down for the count.

Accel's time in GROUP? everyone leaves others alone, not helping if in trouble and if you die that's it. the ONLY exception is if their most important person is in trouble (eg for Motoharu it's his imouto) everyone helps kicking the poor sods' butt for trying to mess with them.
Personally, I don't see Yaoi happeing in GROUP canon - the males already have their heart set on some girl, and going into boys-love is not likely. Then again, its's your fic, so go for it
Old 2010-11-03, 23:17   Link #5989
outerelf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
Vol22 Epilogue complete now, I've finished Pt 4-5 about Aleister, Fiamma and Laura.
Spoiler for My Comments on Epilogue:

I'm gonna go crash now, spent too much time translating - it almost feels like my soul has been drained and been put into this work for some reason >.> *twitches*

Mikoto basically gave the impression "if you don't want to be shocked to within inches of death fly this plane where I want to go" (not exact words). Pilot did not resist after seeing the Black Ops team onboard already down for the count.

Accel's time in GROUP? everyone leaves others alone, not helping if in trouble and if you die that's it. the ONLY exception is if their most important person is in trouble (eg for Motoharu it's his imouto) everyone helps kicking the poor sods' butt for trying to mess with them.
Personally, I don't see Yaoi happeing in GROUP canon - the males already have their heart set on some girl, and going into boys-love is not likely. Then again, its's your fic, so go for it
I will admit, each of the guys do have their hearts stuck on a single girl... I thinking that Touma/Accelerator is possible because a) people bullied me into doing it, and b) Both Accel and Touma see their respective loli's as little sisters or their kids. XD

As for Accel's time in GROUP- I mean did they stay in the same area/building or have to stay in touch with each other?
Old 2010-11-03, 23:22   Link #5990
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
I will admit, each of the guys do have their hearts stuck on a single girl... I thinking that Touma/Accelerator is possible because a) people bullied me into doing it, and b) Both Accel and Touma see their respective loli's as little sisters or their kids. XD

As for Accel's time in GROUP- I mean did they stay in the same area/building or have to stay in touch with each other?
They have a special bullet-proof limo that they meet up in if necessary. Otherwise they don't contact each other outside work, even by phone. They only call each other during 'working hours', ie coordinating attacks if something has come up.

As far as I know there isn't a 'GROUP HQ' building as such.
Old 2010-11-03, 23:33   Link #5991
outerelf

Quote:
They have a special bullet-proof limo that they meet up in if necessary. Otherwise they don't contact each other outside work, even by phone. They only call each other during 'working hours', ie coordinating attacks if something has come up.

As far as I know there isn't a 'GROUP HQ' building as such.
Okay... so where did Accelerator stay while he was avoiding Last Order? Or did Last Order get kidnapped too fast for him to settle anywhere?
Old 2010-11-03, 23:37   Link #5992
Plant42

Quote:
Wait, it didn't complete yet. The last part(Fiamma and Ollerus scene) is missing.
Old 2010-11-03, 23:38   Link #5993
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Okay... so where did Accelerator stay while he was avoiding Last Order? Or did Last Order get kidnapped too fast for him to settle anywhere?
You talking about post Vol13 when he just joined GROUP? I think it was various hotel rooms and/or safehouses whenever he needs to rest, and have the grunts come after him to erase all traces he has ever been there. At least that's what the Vol19 Ch1 suggests to me.

EDIT: That bit is put under 'Declaration of the War's End' bit for some reason, and not part of the Epilogue *shrug*

Last edited by Flere821; 2010-11-03 at 23:40. Reason: See Plant42's post above
Old 2010-11-03, 23:41   Link #5994
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Is this the star of Bethlehem?

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/im...ex_v22_001.jpg
Old 2010-11-03, 23:41   Link #5995
outerelf

Quote:
You talking about post Vol13 when he just joined GROUP? I think it was various hotel rooms and/or safehouses whenever he needs to rest, and have the grunts come after him to erase all traces he has ever been there. At least that's what the Vol19 Ch1 suggests to me.

EDIT: That bit is put under 'Declaration of the War's End' bit for some reason, and not part of the Epilogue *shrug*
Why thank you for the information!

And thank you doubly for doing the translations!
Old 2010-11-03, 23:44   Link #5996
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Yes it is.
Old 2010-11-03, 23:45   Link #5997
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Yes. There is another pic of it with Fiamma and the golden sky.
Old 2010-11-04, 04:02   Link #5998
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Has the series ever talked about the Muslims? Now I know talking about them is a touchy subject, but really, they number about 1.5 billion believers (a lot of whom are actually devout) and are a significant part of the world order. I'll be surprised if the author never includes them at any point in the series while including an obscure South American religion that probably has a recurring appearance (meaning showing up at least twice).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
They're mentioned by Biagio Busoni in the volume 11.
Yeah. i went and read that part. It talk about how the Muslims stole the Cross which i think refers to about a piece of wood which was part of the Cross where Christ was crucified which was lost by the Crusaders to Saladin's army during the 3rd Crusades.

Now this piece of info is intriguing which might suggest both Richard the Lionheart and Saladin were both magician too.

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2010-11-04 at 04:58. Reason: grammar
Old 2010-11-04, 04:18   Link #5999
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Yeah. i went and read that part. It talk about how the Muslims stole the Cross which i think refers to about a piece word which was part of the Cross where Christ was crucified which was lost by the Crusaders to Saladin's army during the 3rd Crusades.
It was suppose to be the 'True Cross'. And not just a piece of it, but the whole thing.

Yeah, saw a documentary once.

It's historic fact, so I don't think there's anything wrong with referencing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Now this piece of info is intriguing which might suggest both Richard the Lionheart and Saladin were both magician too.
Not necessary, it's not hard to imagine either of them employing magicians in their Holy War.
Old 2010-11-04, 08:40   Link #6000
ZeroForever

honestly reading the novels... do they have a monologuing class or something... because EVERYONE monologues at some point.

Villain... let me monologue while I have you disabled, then listen to your 1 page monologue retort.... which conveniently gives time for character(s) XYZ to arrive to beat me after your monologue beats my monologue and I have a mental break down.

haven't they watched movies or read tropes... villain monologue = loss

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen