Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-01-08, 15:56   Link #21
method

Most likely it is licensed.
method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 17:38   Link #22
Kaizoku Luffy

It hasn't been announced as licensed yet, but you can expect that Bandai will get it since they also have the first series.

If only they'd start releasing the DVD's.
Kaizoku Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 17:58   Link #23
bayoab

It is licensed and was previously announced as part of the first season. "An additional 26 episodes of GITS:SAC bringing the total to 52".
bayoab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-08, 18:02   Link #24
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

GITS 2nd gig and Paranoid Agent

Please search before you post.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-20, 17:35   Link #25
Ban-Ban

I am fervently awaiting the fansubbed version of this.
I just hope a respectable group will do this and not some russian part-time-subbers.
So please, someone sub GITS gig2
Ban-Ban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 00:53   Link #26
Cruzz
Europeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ban-Ban
I am fervently awaiting the fansubbed version of this.
I just hope a respectable group will do this and not some russian part-time-subbers.
So please, someone sub GITS gig2
Most "respectable" groups steer clear of licensed material plus Bandai has sent cease and desist letters to fansubbers before for subbing GITS - SAC too so it's somewhat doubtful that any of the well-known groups will pick it up.

I wonder when the GITS - SAC DVDs will actually come out, all I see are *hugely* overpriced japanese ones (as in like 60 dollars for 2 episodes, seesh)
Cruzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 01:25   Link #27
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I understand from someone in Ani-Kraze that Bandai has licensed this show. When Bandai told them to cease and desist subbing the first season they gave them a phone number to contact their offices. They called up Bandai and asked if they would be stopped from subbing the second season. Bandai told them it was licensed and not to sub it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 07:39   Link #28
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
GITS: SAC is surefire $$$$ making in US licensing so I pretty it is already marked for licensing in the beginning.
I don't know about this sure fire $$$$ thing. To many this show is too complex and not enough action, hence boring. Something that do well in movie form may not do well for a TV series.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 08:43   Link #29
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf18
I don't know about this sure fire $$$$ thing. To many this show is too complex and not enough action, hence boring. Something that do well in movie form may not do well for a TV series.
Boring to you and all the "action lovers" out there. Some people like their entertainment to be more thoughtful. SAC isn't like Oshii's film at all, it's much closer to the spirit of the manga.

But I do agree that the market for the type of show that SAC is is smaller, although I'm sure it will be marketed as a "cyber-action tour de force".
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-01-21, 09:11   Link #30
a_nevels666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Briareos
Boring to you and all the "action lovers" out there. Some people like their entertainment to be more thoughtful. SAC isn't like Oshii's film at all, it's much closer to the spirit of the manga.

But I do agree that the market for the type of show that SAC is is smaller, although I'm sure it will be marketed as a "cyber-action tour de force".
"cyber-action tour de force"... haha, I can see it now.

Anyway, while SAC is closer to the manga than the movie, I still feel it's not all that close.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 00:24   Link #31
Naru Narusegawa

Ghost in the Shell "Stand alone Complex"

I see this series reviewed on one of the fansubbers websites is this a new series going to be released, has it already been released or is it licensed any info will help thanks
Naru Narusegawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-04, 00:35   Link #32
method

Yes GITS:SAC has already been licensed. Bandai announced the license sometime last year. The dvd release for it should be around the summer.
Old 2004-02-08, 02:00   Link #33
Umbrae
Generic Human

Gts : Sac Dvd

I was wondering if some one could help me. For the most part, I normaly rely on sun coast to pick up my anime DVD releases. Yet it seems the one here does not have / cannot order Ghost in the shell stand alone complex.

I know it is in DVD form, yet I have not seen it in the US through a vendor I trust. (even checking vendors listed in the sticky here) does any one know if this is leagly avalible in the US? looking through google the only place I could find a box set from was "Link removed as bootleg (apearently bad one at that )" I am wondering if any one knows this site and if it is reputable, or another site that would carry a leagle US release of this first season. any help would be appriciated.

With the 2nd season comming out I finaly decided to get my @#$% in gear, stop waiting and get this series on DVD.

Last edited by Umbrae; 2004-02-08 at 03:21.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 02:39   Link #34
method

Bandai hasn't released GITS:SAC on dvd yet. Expect it around the summer or late spring. Also that site you listed is a bootleg site.
Old 2004-02-08, 02:49   Link #35
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

DO NOT get it from discountanimedvd. I got the boxset from there and it is HORRIBLE, ABSOLUTE CRAP! They wouldn't even put in my true review of there dvd crap and instead kept ones were people gave 4 and 5 ratings. Don't get me wrong the quality is good. But the timing is off ALOT, and the trans is horrible and goes into other peoples lines, also they mispell alot and screw up grammar ALOT also. For the love of god please take my advice and don't buy it, I just saved you 40 bucks trust me. Just wait for it to be released here.
Mephisto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 03:02   Link #36
You_just_got_banned
Banned

[*quote]DO NOT get it from discountanimedvd. I got the boxset from there and it is HORRIBLE, ABSOLUTE CRAP! They wouldn't even put in my true review of there dvd crap and instead kept ones were people gave 4 and 5 ratings. Don't get me wrong the quality is good. But the timing is off ALOT, and the trans is horrible and goes into other peoples lines, also they mispell alot and screw up grammar ALOT also. For the love of god please take my advice and don't buy it, I just saved you 40 bucks trust me. Just wait for it to be released here.[/quote]

which one did you get??? they have two releases of them

ill pm you the link to down load the series at.
You_just_got_banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 03:15   Link #37
Flash_Squirrel
F&C Fanboy

Send a message via ICQ to Flash_Squirrel Send a message via AIM to Flash_Squirrel
Quote:
Originally Posted by You_just_got_banned
which one did you get??? they have two releases of them

ill pm you the link to down load the series at.
Do not ask for licensed anime or manga
As described in Fansubbing and Licensing fansubs are technically illegal as they breach copyright. However as AnimeSuki.com does not wish to be associated with piracy, discussions about unlawfully getting licensed anime or manga or even DVD rips are not allowed. This means it is not allowed to post links to sites with such licensed material or ways to obtain it illegally, or ask for links or instructions to be emailed or PM'ed to you. Threads which break this rule will be either closed or simply deleted.

Not a good start.
Flash_Squirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 03:39   Link #38
Umbrae
Generic Human

ok thanks for the information. although I am impatient. any one know if the R2 release on DVD (I know it is, I saw it in an video store in tokyo) has english sub title track?

yes I am impatient and do not like to wait years.

I don't know if I would actualy call this pirating squirl. I can see one thing if people are pirateing somthing they can buy, yet in this case I will admit it is licensend in the US, but we cannot get it through any other means. . . which is basicly the premis that anime suki is based on. normaly it is the only source for these anime shows in the US (and other regions), untill it is licensed and distributed in the US+. this series has been licenses before it aired in oct 2002, and still has no US distrobution.

normaly it sucks having to wait for distrobution, but 2 years is a bit much; and no one seems to know when it will be reased in the US. although it seems it will air on cartoon network first (dubbed of course ). I can understand your unwillingness to be associated with pirates, but how is it your draw the line only at what is licensed even if not distributed?
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 06:27   Link #39
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

The GITS SAC region-2 DVDs carry no subtitles (like most R2s).
Old 2004-02-08, 07:05   Link #40
Infernal_Halo

Quote:
Originally Posted by method
Yes GITS:SAC has already been licensed. Bandai announced the license sometime last year. The dvd release for it should be around the summer.
that still doesn't stop it from sucking balls
Infernal_Halo is offline   Reply With Quote