AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-18, 23:47   Link #941
The Bloodlust Kid
Needs a better screenname

Send a message via AIM to The Bloodlust Kid
Oh, so that's why Despair Detective looked so familiar. He's a parody of Kousuke Kindaichi.
The Bloodlust Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 00:29   Link #942
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentorian View Post
The cover inside Book 2 continued the fake summary of Book 1 (which is animated in ZSZS Episode 1). Remember that after he escaped from the Hamasho, he ended up teaching at a girls' school, where, him being called 'Left wing guerilla" decided to commit suicide and at that moment, he was asked to get in a fake marriage with a girl from "Holy nosebleed empire."

The girl is actually a spy.

It will be fun if they decide to animate the entire fake summaries.
Hai, yes. That's what I thought. :)
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 00:59   Link #943
w00tness
zetsuboushita...

Oh! I absolutely LOVED this episode!

Spoiler for ep 11:
w00tness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 02:02   Link #944
Zetsubou Bunny
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via MSN to Zetsubou Bunny Send a message via Yahoo to Zetsubou Bunny
Here's a random question for you guys, if anyone has an answer for it..

Why do Rin and Kei have positively-connotated words for their names when flipped over while Mikoto, Enishi, and Nozomu have negatively-connotated words?

(Other than just 'that's what their names happen to say'. Looking for the deeper message as to why three of five have horrible luck and the other two have...er...'exquisite'-ness..)
Zetsubou Bunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 03:55   Link #945
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

lol, epic murder mystery/detective genre parody.

It's hilarious how they ended up all trying to kill him. Poor Mr. Despair, he doesn't even get a break in a side story.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 04:52   Link #946
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Just caught up to ep 10. More Coco x Nuts love!

SYLAR VS HIRO NAKAMURA!
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 07:14   Link #947
Mentorian
Matsuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zetsubou Bunny View Post
Here's a random question for you guys, if anyone has an answer for it..

Why do Rin and Kei have positively-connotated words for their names when flipped over while Mikoto, Enishi, and Nozomu have negatively-connotated words?

(Other than just 'that's what their names happen to say'. Looking for the deeper message as to why three of five have horrible luck and the other two have...er...'exquisite'-ness..)
Actually, Rin has a horrible name, comparable to Mikoto (death) and Nozomu (despair).
Spoiler for Rin:

Interestingly, Kei is a surrealistic painter and, I think, a bit batty. So, I doubt that he is going to draw beautiful sceneries any time soon.
Mentorian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 08:08   Link #948
Blaat

Maria's death position is from Mobile Suit Gundam and Kaere is from Evangelion but I couldn't recognize the other two. Especially Meru's one. Does anyone know?
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 08:17   Link #949
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Maria's death position is from Mobile Suit Gundam and Kaere is from Evangelion but I couldn't recognize the other two. Especially Meru's one. Does anyone know?
Totally speculative between Sailor Moon's 'death' to Saint Seiya's actual death scene.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 08:19   Link #950
Dop
Mmmm....

I loved the 'Agatha Christie gone wrong' atmosphere of the first part, and while I missed what the first two deaths were from, the AIR reference had me in stitches.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 10:53   Link #951
servidor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
^I wouldn't get too happy if I were you (considering which series this ). I felt it wasn't one of the best episodes they've done, but there were a couple of laughs.

Spoiler for 11:

I believe that the anime they were watching with the old lady was "Battle Ship Yamato" The secuence of fire for the Wave Motion Canon was mentioned.

*Edit*

I just read at ANN that Del Rey had picked up the rights to publish "Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei" it will be published in the spring of 2009.

Last edited by servidor; 2008-04-19 at 11:35.
servidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 11:56   Link #952
Dop
Mmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by servidor View Post
I just read at ANN that Del Rey had picked up the rights to publish "Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei" it will be published in the spring of 2009.

I am in... the OPPOSITE of despair!
That's fantastic news!

Now if only someone would pick up the anime. Having the manga on sale may increase the chance of that, but I'm not holding my breath.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 12:15   Link #953
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Can you post the link to where it says that?
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 12:40   Link #954
Puzzle_Pieces
Social Recluse

You can find more information on the manga being licensed here: http://giapet.net/2008/04/19/nycc08-del-rey-manga/

Spoiler for ep. 11 moments:

I've said it before and I'm saying it again but this is definitely one of my favorite episodes of the second season, even if there was only one scene in the first part that made me laugh out loud. This episode makes me want to watch the movie it was based on. It's a parody of "Ten Dark Women", right? Another thing that made this episode epic was the animation, which was top notch!
Puzzle_Pieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 12:44   Link #955
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
moral of Episode 11.

Never have more then two women.

D:
Old 2008-04-19, 13:19   Link #956
White Manju Bun
Born to make history
*Author

Quote:

Zetsuboushita!! Oh wait...YAY!!! Well Del-Ray aint my fav manga publisher but still this is good news!!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 13:23   Link #957
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Just a note: In episode 11, the balding invisible "son" is actually present in each and every scene he was suppose to be in; the animators just made him extremely transparent, like a ghost.
From the volans sub:
2:49
He is standing on the rocks on the right.

3:31-32
He is on the ground floor behind Kafka.

4:35
Nearly completely invisible, you probably need the DVD version to see a hint of him, sitting to the right of the Fangirl.

6:42
Standing on the left side of the screen. Itoshiki was actually looking at him rather than the two girls.

7:52
In between two tree trunks on the right, all you can really see is a hint of his head.

Now, all these scenes are not really visible in a downloaded episode, so you aren't expected to interpret the light smudges as the presence of an invisible teenager. Quite frankly such things are usually considered compression artifacts.
However, 11:47 -> 11:57 contained the original scenes before the animators erased Kagerou from existence. So by switching between them you can see the blur where he distorts light slightly.
Old 2008-04-19, 13:27   Link #958
Puzzle_Pieces
Social Recluse

Nice, I didn't catch any of those at all. Since Usui is supposed to be invicible I didn't put any effort into spotting him in those scenes.
Old 2008-04-19, 14:31   Link #959
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ No offense but you spelled "invisible" wrong.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-19, 14:36   Link #960
Puzzle_Pieces
Social Recluse

Woah, you're right! *Gets smacked by Maria for dozing off while writing the word invisible*

Anyway, more images.

The Genderbending of Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei? Personally I like to call it Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Alternative.

Spoiler for Guess who?:

And again, I did not make any of these.

Last edited by Puzzle_Pieces; 2008-04-19 at 15:16.

Tags
comedy, gag, shaft, shounen, social satire