AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-05-06, 18:38   Link #301
Itlandm
Porcupine

I binge watched the first five episodes. As a seasoned RPG player myself, I found it easy to follow, although at times the exaggerated humor makes it hard to know what really goes on. On that note,
Spoiler for Episode 5:

I realize it is all for the lulz, but it makes it hard to discern the real relationship between mother and daughter, which is pretty essential in understanding how she became the way she is.
Itlandm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 18:59   Link #302
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
not a bad adaptation so far since I enjoyed the interaction between all characters
The art is a little bit ugly but still tolerable

at first I don't feel really comfortable with Ako's voice but it's not hard to get used to it
since we're supposed to be done with Ako's problem, honestly I don't think there would be any story after this
so in upcoming episode, either this show would evolved to harem anime or drama anime... I'm not sure since I believe this is not a pure comedy-only anime

That moment when Ako get naked though.. totally unexpected
seems like the mom and daughter somehow reached a certain understanding
man i can say which you are "watching the wrong serie.
no her problem is not done yet, she just accept trying to work on it but he still exist.

also peoples are forgetting which mc also have issues, his trauma of the teacher and idea of "separate reality from game also is kind of broken too.

also this not a harem serie, neither a heavy drama, and is most like "pure comedy" take this serie like a chunibyou but much less drama more comedy and fanservice.

your predictions only can happen if they pull something even worse than dagashi did in previous season and pull a full anime original content and ignore all the source.
Old 2016-05-06, 19:39   Link #303
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

This episode was total win! man I cracked up when she told him to come in
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-06, 21:11   Link #304
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

My impression on Nanako is that she's the playful kind of character.
However, she's only tolerable if the person on the receiving end is normal, and in all other cases, it would lead to unexpected consequences.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 02:21   Link #305
hoshino_crimsonwings

Ako's mom, best girl.
Old 2016-05-07, 02:42   Link #306
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itlandm View Post
I binge watched the first five episodes. As a seasoned RPG player myself, I found it easy to follow, although at times the exaggerated humor makes it hard to know what really goes on. On that note,
Spoiler for Episode 5:

I realize it is all for the lulz, but it makes it hard to discern the real relationship between mother and daughter, which is pretty essential in understanding how she became the way she is.
I can understand Ako's mom mindset though.

Look at her daughter, especially before meeting the guild IRL. Of course she would glad to know her daughter have a boyfriend that willing enough to skip school (and force her to differentiate real life and game) despite knowing what he did is nearly as bad as Ako did. Her talk with Hideki confirming if Hideki is really a kind person just like what Ako told to her. No wonder she's allowing him to have the key without worries. LOL.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 02:47   Link #307
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueknight78 View Post
man i can say which you are "watching the wrong serie.
no her problem is not done yet, she just accept trying to work on it but he still exist.

also peoples are forgetting which mc also have issues, his trauma of the teacher and idea of "separate reality from game also is kind of broken too.

also this not a harem serie, neither a heavy drama, and is most like "pure comedy" take this serie like a chunibyou but much less drama more comedy and fanservice.

your predictions only can happen if they pull something even worse than dagashi did in previous season and pull a full anime original content and ignore all the source.
I'm really glad reading this. I expect a light comedy since I am just so fed up with harems and I usually read/watch other shows for drama... so, apart from the dagashi issues perfect for me.
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 03:27   Link #308
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 5:
Man, I thought Ako served Luc- I mean Hideki with a bottle full of urine! In any case, glad to see her going to school instead of staying home and play games forever thanks to Nishimura's help!

Meanwhile, surprised that Sette is actually Nanako Akiyama. Now the question is that will she join the Net Game Club?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 04:46   Link #309
Dark Wing

Okay it seems Ako's mom has no problem pairing her daughter up with who she feel will make a good husband one day. Also the bottle thing made me laugh harder then it should have...
Old 2016-05-07, 04:51   Link #310
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Episode 5:

Meanwhile, surprised that Sette is actually Nanako Akiyama. Now the question is that will she join the Net Game Club?
I'm surprised that anyone's surprised
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 04:56   Link #311
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuhugm View Post
I'm surprised that anyone's surprised
At first I thought it was her, then later after I saw her I thought it was akomom.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 07:45   Link #312
Ulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
At first I thought it was her, then later after I saw her I thought it was akomom.
That would have been quite the plot twist! It would have been very funny to see AkoMom to get friendly with her daughter's dearly danna-sama
Old 2016-05-07, 08:01   Link #313
Random14

Hideki should be more careful, he should know Ako would be willing to strip for him. Unlike a lot of other stupid anime series, he didn't just accidentally walk in on her, though she probably should have mentioned her state of (un)dress, but that's in line with Ako's awkward personality at least.

And heh, Ako is always funny in her yandere moments (death to realjuu was how they put it, I think?), but also how she trolled him with that tea. She's not innocent either, so I like that she has personality, even if it is a crazy personality.

I wish the other club members could get more screen time, but I don't mind Hideki and Ako as the main focus. Akane's resigned singing in the background was plenty funny as is. Not to mention their FPS side-trip, fun to see them try something else, quick and simple. Not much harem hints, Hideki being more kind and understanding than romantic, I'm pleasantly surprised at how this series has turned out. Wonder where things will go from here. Well, they've helped Ako a bit, but she's still a work in progress.

And heh, Ako's mom was funny too- not just the resemblance, but the personality was similar yet different too. Hard to interpret her reasons for giving Hideki the roomkey- more trolling, welcoming him to the family, happy Ako has made an important friend, all of the above?
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 08:08   Link #314
tsunade666

I tried to reread the manga for vol 2 of the light novel and they cut some funny part. The cosplay for game characters part and the part where the net club is helping the school in computer maintenance or rather Russian is helping the teacher to fix his computer. its one of the reason why the club was approved. the school is lacking in computer or modern technology club. The teachers or the adult barely even knew how to use their computers and doesn't know how to fix it if there are errors.
Old 2016-05-07, 09:01   Link #315
The One Above God
Kamijou

Episode 5 is the best episode so far. Didn't really expect for the show to get emotional, especially when that ending song started playing. That was a heartwarming moment.

"I'll destroy that illusion!"
The One Above God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-07, 10:29   Link #316
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I tried to reread the manga for vol 2 of the light novel and they cut some funny part. The cosplay for game characters part and the part where the net club is helping the school in computer maintenance or rather Russian is helping the teacher to fix his computer. its one of the reason why the club was approved. the school is lacking in computer or modern technology club. The teachers or the adult barely even knew how to use their computers and doesn't know how to fix it if there are errors.
yeah they cut a lot, the bottle scene was longer(more jokes) and many explanations, his chat with ako mother, well a lot of things where cut which could help explain better and many jokes where cut, basically they put 2 volumes and 15 to 16 chapters in 5 episodes, which coul easy take like 8 to 9 episodes.
Old 2016-05-07, 11:00   Link #317
Ulin

How many volumes are there currently? Is there any "checkpoint" where the anime could end without expecting a second season?
Old 2016-05-07, 11:34   Link #318
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
How many volumes are there currently? Is there any "checkpoint" where the anime could end without expecting a second season?
10 volumes for novel, manga is on the beginner of volume 4, pretty much anime will pass manga(just very few more chapters until) since i read only the manga i don't know what could be the check point but as a i told by the pace of the anime i can't believe in a second season and probably we gonna get a anime original end since they are rushing things in the speed of light.
Old 2016-05-07, 13:49   Link #319
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post

And heh, Ako's mom was funny too- not just the resemblance, but the personality was similar yet different too. Hard to interpret her reasons for giving Hideki the roomkey- more trolling, welcoming him to the family, happy Ako has made an important friend, all of the above?
I'm pretty sure it's all of the above plus her just wanting to welcome someone that seems to be a positive influence of her daughter.
Old 2016-05-07, 14:43   Link #320
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
Akane's resigned singing in the background was plenty funny as is.
That's a fun trope, but Aqua-sama still holds the title of best dirge this year, though.

Tags
harem, not harem, romcom