AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-06-15, 15:49   Link #6401
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
There was no development for a harem either, but Akamatsu-sensei changed things. And yes, there is plenty of development for it. Touta goes spouting his love for all of the characters.
That's not romantic love. Kirie is the only one who has made him self-conscious as Akamatsu is pushing hard for Kirie lately.

Quote:
The only reason that Touta and Kirie have an advantage is because Akamatsu-sensei has pushed Kirie so hard of late.
So you agree. Then don't fight the obvious. There won't no harem ending. Endgame is either Kirie or Eva. Most likely Kirie, unfortunately.
Old 2018-06-15, 20:06   Link #6402
Malicre

The ending would leave a bad taste in my mouth if eva finally landed a springfield (touta), the one she doesn't even want, the one she would be settling for. I honestly think this will have an open ending just like negima did.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-16, 04:59   Link #6403
eiyuuou

^chachazero mentioned he is her first love when she peeked at the memories. if she doesn't want him, she wouldn't be embarrassed
Old 2018-06-16, 12:44   Link #6404
Malicre

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
^chachazero mentioned he is her first love when she peeked at the memories. if she doesn't want him, she wouldn't be embarrassed
She does but only if she can't get negi/nagi and that makes touta a consolation prize which is why many people including myself don't like her in UQ Holder.
Malicre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 09:17   Link #6405
NapoleonDeCheese

Strictly speaking, Evangeline doesn't 'owe' Touta anything romantically, though. He doesn't get first dibs on her just because he retroactively met first, and she's in her every right to love others more than she loves him if that's what she wants.
NapoleonDeCheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 09:56   Link #6406
XFire
150% done

Eva literally told him several times to go love someone else, and even went out of her way to explain why she wasn't able to answer his feelings right then.

Anything past that is on Touya himself, so getting mad at her for it is kinda silly.
Old 2018-06-17, 09:58   Link #6407
eiyuuou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malicre View Post
She does but only if she can't get negi/nagi and that makes touta a consolation prize which is why many people including myself don't like her in UQ Holder.
not sure about this consolation prize but he doesn't exist in the happy ending
and he hasn't existed yet in the current timeline when she met nagi/negi.
you are assuming eva cannot love more than one person in her entire life or something and that doesn't make sense. It's not like she's tagged by the red string of fate.
Old 2018-06-18, 09:34   Link #6408
Hata
時の異邦人

“Negima” will be brought on the live stage play for the first time, “Magic Teacher Negima, the child’s on going study to be a teacher!” will be performed in Tokyo AiiA 2.5 theatre from July 12th to 16th, the lead will be Rina Ikoma, of the girl group Nogizaka46. (film Corpse Party’s Naomi Nakashima) this will be the first leading stage role by Rina since she graduated from Nogizaka46 in May 6th. Masafumi Uba, who worked on the stage play "Star Princess" of Nogizaka 46, is responsible for the script / direction. student roles will be selected by audition.

https://natalie.mu/comic/news/284169
Old 2018-06-19, 12:33   Link #6409
AstroNerdBoy

A stage play of Negima!? Hahaha. Man, Negima! doesn't even seem like stage play material to me.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-19, 15:51   Link #6410
Hata
時の異邦人

I don’t think that will be a problem, consider some of the anime that had been turn into live play, my problem is having a 22 years old idol trying to play a 10 years old boy, I guess they are banking on her popularity instead if she fits the role or not. some people I guess will follow her shows no matter what it is.
Old 2018-06-20, 00:18   Link #6411
AstroNerdBoy

I'm guessing that's who I've been seeing in my Twitter feed. She looks awful as Negi. Well, creepy is the better word.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 07:59   Link #6412
NapoleonDeCheese

I see Akamatsu not only didn't learn anything from previous anime adaptations, but neither from the TV live adaptation. At least back then Negi was like 13, not freaking 22.
Old 2018-06-20, 12:43   Link #6413
4th Dimension

And not a girl...

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-20, 15:09   Link #6414
Kazu-kun

Negi isn't much of a character. Anyone with half decent acting skills could play him.
Old 2018-06-21, 07:31   Link #6415
NapoleonDeCheese

No, Touta isn't much of a character because he's a Stock Standard Action Shounen Hero. Negi is a traumatized child with a ton load of complexes and conflicting character quirks who forces himself to be constantly cheerful and resolute for others' sake despite having a near constant emotional turmoil boiling inside, and setting impossibly high standards for himself that result in strong self destructive tendencies. He's like Emiya Shirou but even worse, in that even Shirou was not that f***ed up when he still was only ten.
Old 2018-06-21, 08:27   Link #6416
SilverGlavenus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonDeCheese View Post
No, Touta isn't much of a character because he's a Stock Standard Action Shounen Hero. Negi is a traumatized child with a ton load of complexes and conflicting character quirks who forces himself to be constantly cheerful and resolute for others' sake despite having a near constant emotional turmoil boiling inside, and setting impossibly high standards for himself that result in strong self destructive tendencies. He's like Emiya Shirou but even worse, in that even Shirou was not that f***ed up when he still was only ten.
In Touta's defense, he is much younger than Negi when he was thrown into the world of immortals. I think what Kazu-kun meant is more about how Negi was too mature for his age. Yes, Negi has conflicts and struggles but ultimately he always sacrifices himself for the sake of others, it is the lack of personal ambitions and wishes that made him less interesting as a character.
SilverGlavenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-21, 09:58   Link #6417
NapoleonDeCheese

Touta has much less defined goals. I mean, this is the guy who at first only could think of 'I wanna be a singer' for a motivation, which would have been a perfectly good reason to struggle in a manga set in the world of music (IdolMaster Holder? I'd read that, I think). But after that... his 'get stronger to protect muh friends' motif is not any different from Ichigo's, for instance, and they don't come much more iconic than Ichigo (Naruto, for all the jokes about him, had the stuff to be quite complex and intrincate a character, it's just it was mostly wasted). His revenge on his parents' death never went anywhere because he never had an emotional connection to them and the plot never cared about them anyway.

Right now Touta is mostly driven by a combo of a goal imposed upon him by others (left to his own devices, he wouldn't have connected with Negi at all, and he doesn't really have a good emotional link to him yet, not that you can really fault him for that. Negi is basically a random big plot point that crashed into his life otherwise after just being that cool relative Touta had heard about) and the 'muh Evangeline, muh woman' mindset that borderlines on the creepy when he feels himself entitled to have the ultimate romantic saying on his mother figure he has the hots for since he saw her as a little girl.

Negi's got the same simple but effective lifechanging character driving trigger of Bruce Wayne's parents being gunned down, or Emiya being rescued from the fire by Kiritsugu, the single big traumatic event in a key formative childhood moment, which works much better than all the attempts to ram a character drive for Touta without really driving one all the way home that have been tried with Touta.

Negi's also got the moral ambiguity about him. He's the Lawful Good type that will be so to a tee... as long as it ultimately befits his ultimate goals, at which point he'll do things like escaping authority, breaking into forbidden chambers to steal secret spells, or, you know, that thing where he'd planned to stick his loyal best friend into a personality destroying century long sleep without consulting her or anyone else first. For all Negi's a great nice guy he's also kind of a little fanatical bastard when it comes to what he wants to see happening, something Touta doesn't have... for better or worse, Touta's more of a traditional white hat figure.
Old 2018-06-21, 11:22   Link #6418
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by NapoleonDeCheese View Post
Both are simple character types that any half-baked actor could play. That's all there is to it.
Old 2018-06-21, 12:58   Link #6419
NapoleonDeCheese

I still don't agree. And you aren't offering any causes behind your reasoning, which I did bother to do in lenght with mine, so just parroting the same thing again isn't going to convince me.
Old 2018-06-21, 14:03   Link #6420
XFire
150% done

The reasoning is "I don't like this character so they must be a badly written character"

Tags
action, comedy, harem, mother-con, negima, sequel, time travel, waiting for love