AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-05-28, 22:18   Link #21
Raisingfalcon
Class minus 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Exactly. I am trying to get my friends to read the LNs so that they see the amazing plot. They have watched Index I, II Railgun I and are watching Railgun S. They like everything a lot... but don't want to have to read LNs... it makes me cry inside

So... a lot of opinions my friends have about Index, while seemingly correct... are all wrong... it makes me annoyed. The Light Novels really are super well done. Either way though, those friends of mine are what got me into Index in the first place... lolz

My favorite series was FMP! I had been impatient for FMP! manga and read the last two light novels of the series to get the ending. That was the first LN I had ever read. I was totally enthralled with FMP! at the time (Sousuke's still my favorite anime character though...)

Then my friend made me watch Index season 1 episode 1 when I was visiting his house. I watched it very reluctantly saying nothing is better than FMP!.

It suffices to say I finished seasons 1 and 2 within 3-4 days

Then I finished Railgun 1 within a week. (this was this past year actually near November). Then since Index 2 ended strangely without a main villain like my friend had thought there would be there... I looked online, saw there were LN's and then read all of them through NT5 by mid December. And then read NT 6 and NT 7 when they each came out on BT...

The story of how long I've read/ known about index is about the same amount of time as how much time has passed within the Index world during the novels lol.

Now, I still love seeing the other things and am enjoying Railgun s... but when I think of the anime... I am sad my friends are "uneducated" because they have not yet read the LNs. Therefore, I keep telling them about people like Gunha to get them to read . Gunha is one of my favorite characters. Even if he isn't one of your favorite characters... he'll win you over by using guts.
Well your actually lying to them as Gunha barley appears xD He is indeed a GREAT character but you should just persuade them with kakine and the battle royal arc or the acqua arc. If they read those 2 volumes and not get sucked into the story then theres no hope for them.
Old 2013-05-29, 04:56   Link #22
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raisingfalcon View Post
Well your actually lying to them as Gunha barley appears xD He is indeed a GREAT character but you should just persuade them with kakine and the battle royal arc or the acqua arc. If they read those 2 volumes and not get sucked into the story then theres no hope for them.
I know... but Gunha's hilarious. Anyway, I'll try that. That's a good idea. Those were two of my favorite arcs. What's frustrating though is that they don't know which characters have a lot of development, so they don't particularly like too much characters that are excellent. I mean they kind of like Accelerator form the anime (at least they like him), but they don't like him that much... if they read all the character development, they would probably see how amazing a character he is. But my favorite's Kamijou.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 05:17   Link #23
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Guys, I am reading the description of the 15th volume. I wanted to place the characters according to hinting characteristics. Can anybody help?

The security forces in Academy City have all been deployed in Avignon as part of Academy City's invasion plan. The city becomes a lawless area of ​​sorts, and organizations that belong to the darkness initiate their secret operations.
1. - One who moves only for himself. (Unabara?)
2. - One who basks in the darkness and enjoys heartless slaughter. (Mugino)
3. - One who lives as a disappointment to others. (Hamazura)
4. - One who fights on for the sake of someone precious. (Awaki)
5. - One who challenges others to reach the top. (Kakine)
6. - One who eliminates a certain rebel.
7. - One who holds back a rampaging streak of violence. (Accel?)

Science is now lead into a certain path, and to survive ...

When [GROUP] 's Level 5 Accelerator encounters the mysterious organization [SCHOOL], the story shall begin!
Old 2013-05-29, 08:48   Link #24
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The One who eliminates a certain rebel should be Accelerator, who killed the Skill Out Leader Komaba.

The One who fights on for the sake of someone precious.... Too vague, could be Tsuchimikado or Etzali.

One who moves only for himself... Again, too vague.

One who holds back a rampaging streak of violence... Could be Oyafune Monaka.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 09:09   Link #25
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

The One who eliminates a certain rebel should be Xochitl.
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 09:31   Link #26
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Wait, guys, I think, it should be only about events in the 15th volume. Accel eliminated Skill Out in SS1, didn't he?
And hm... One who holds back a rampaging streak of violence should be Accel. In many cases. For example, when he protected civilians in his battle with Kakine.
It is the part of his main goal to do in GROUP at all.
Old 2013-05-29, 09:32   Link #27
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

If that's so then who eliminates a rebel in vol 15?
Old 2013-05-29, 09:34   Link #28
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If that's so then who eliminates a rebel in vol 15?
I agree with belatkuro, it should be Xochitl.
Old 2013-05-29, 09:46   Link #29
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Well none of it matters either way so its up to you.
Old 2013-05-29, 12:57   Link #30
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

the one who eliminates a rebel would be Mugino wouldn't it?

One who fights on for the sake of someone precious. should be Unabara, since Awaki is fighting for multiple people
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Kenju of the Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-29, 13:12   Link #31
Miraluka
Banned

"One who fights on for the sake of someone precious."

Nah, that would be almost any character on the series. Specially Shiage when Rikou is in danger that makes him get:

+5000 damage.
+ 90% evasion.
+ Surprise factor.
+ Hijack your own weapons and use them against you.
+ Explosions everywhere.
+ 15% chance of going God mode when fights broken characters.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-02, 04:33   Link #32
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu Breaker View Post
Frenda x Mugino is my ship of ITEM.
Better than any ship with boys, yes.
Old 2013-06-02, 05:30   Link #33
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Like, Like, Like, Like, Like. Wait, this isn't facebook. Oops.

Joke Spoiler
Spoiler:
Old 2013-06-04, 16:33   Link #34
Goldzero

Quote:
Exactly. I am trying to get my friends to read the LNs so that they see the amazing plot. They have watched Index I, II Railgun I and are watching Railgun S. They like everything a lot... but don't want to have to read LNs... it makes me cry inside

So... a lot of opinions my friends have about Index, while seemingly correct... are all wrong... it makes me annoyed. The Light Novels really are super well done. Either way though, those friends of mine are what got me into Index in the first place... lolz

My favorite series was FMP! I had been impatient for FMP! manga and read the last two light novels of the series to get the ending. That was the first LN I had ever read. I was totally enthralled with FMP! at the time (Sousuke's still my favorite anime character though...)

Then my friend made me watch Index season 1 episode 1 when I was visiting his house. I watched it very reluctantly saying nothing is better than FMP!.

It suffices to say I finished seasons 1 and 2 within 3-4 days

Then I finished Railgun 1 within a week. (this was this past year actually near November). Then since Index 2 ended strangely without a main villain like my friend had thought there would be there... I looked online, saw there were LN's and then read all of them through NT5 by mid December. And then read NT 6 and NT 7 when they each came out on BT...

The story of how long I've read/ known about index is about the same amount of time as how much time has passed within the Index world during the novels lol.

Now, I still love seeing the other things and am enjoying Railgun s... but when I think of the anime... I am sad my friends are "uneducated" because they have not yet read the LNs. Therefore, I keep telling them about people like Gunha to get them to read . Gunha is one of my favorite characters. Even if he isn't one of your favorite characters... he'll win you over by using guts.
out of curiosity, what are their opinion about index?
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-04, 16:39   Link #35
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldzero View Post
out of curiosity, what are their opinion about index?
Index, the character or Index, the series? And what do you mean if you're talking about the series? Do you mean how they feel about each anime or something else? Also, do you mean if you are asking about Index? I would appreciate it if you could clarify what you're asking because each of those questions could have a fairly long answer...
Old 2013-06-04, 16:45   Link #36
Goldzero

Quote:
Index, the character or Index, the series? And what do you mean if you're talking about the series? Do you mean how they feel about each anime or something else? Also, do you mean if you are asking about Index? I would appreciate it if you could clarify what you're asking because each of those questions could have a fairly long answer...
i mean index the series. like whats their opinion about the main character, and the plot exactly compare to railgun(i love both series equally since they have such an interesting plot and with the same likable characters "but" i like to know about people comparison). you don't have to answer it just my curiosity gets the best of me sometimes

Last edited by Goldzero; 2013-06-04 at 17:10.
Old 2013-06-04, 22:45   Link #37
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
Only in a toaru forum could I see a woman holding a half of another woman and not only get it immediately but laugh. Thank god nobody around me asked me to explain why I was laughing so hard

Quote:
i mean index the series. like whats their opinion about the main character, and the plot exactly compare to railgun(i love both series equally since they have such an interesting plot and with the same likable characters "but" i like to know about people comparison). you don't have to answer it just my curiosity gets the best of me sometimes
Eh it differs. Some people really like Railgun and hate Index and some are the opposite. Some like them equally, some like one slightly more than the other. There isn't really a standard.
Old 2013-06-05, 06:57   Link #38
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilidsor View Post
Only in a toaru forum could I see a woman holding a half of another woman and not only get it immediately but laugh. Thank god nobody around me asked me to explain why I was laughing so hard

Eh it differs. Some people really like Railgun and hate Index and some are the opposite. Some like them equally, some like one slightly more than the other. There isn't really a standard.
im well aware of that. especially about railgun being much more of a popular series then the main plot following touma in index. i also find it funny that some people think half the fanbase hates index and love railgun and half the fanbase hates railgun and love index(though to be fair for those people who believe that. their really are quite a number of fans on both side of the fandom that hates one of the other series which is quite understandable on how they got that idea.) and also the fact that some believed railgun saved index franchise when index season 2 aired for some strange reason.

Last edited by Goldzero; 2013-06-05 at 13:55.
Old 2013-06-05, 08:40   Link #39
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
im well aware of that. especially about railgun being much more of a popular series then the main plot following touma in index. i also find it funny that some people think half the fanase hates index and love ailgun and half the fanase hates railgun and love index(though to be fair for those people who believe that. their really are quite a number of fans on both side of the fandom that hates one of the other series which is quite understandable on how they got that idea.) and also the fact that some believed railgun saved index franchise when index season 2 aired for some strange reason.
Lol. I find that funny actually. My friends' opinions: They like Railgun and Index equally. They haven't read the LN's so they think Mikoto is the #1 character......................................... ............................................ no comment.................. They do like Accelerator, Touma, and other good characters though... but they don't understand. They only barely know who Hamazura is... Their impression of Kakine Teitoku is that from the railgun manga (angel with wings ). I made sure to give them some details from NT 7 and NT 6 and NT 14 to cure this immediately before Kakine Teitoku got wind of it and came to eliminate them

They like Misaki especially after the two latest chapters of the Railgun manga and I've told them stuff from NT 7 about her... They love Gunha They like Mugino, think she's cool and appreciate ITEM. I spoiled them about Fre|nda (lol)
I've of course mentioned DRAGON and they think it's cool. They like Railgun and Index equally actually. But Railgun S is probably going to be their favorite animated season (well it will have some of the best scenes that have been animated so far). I already spoiled Rikou ... the thing is... I'm not sure my spoilers significance actually registers with them, they kind of know it but don't think about it so it isn't really a problem. They don't even know Fiamma... Terra... Acqua (makes me sad)... and a lot of other good characters: Birdway/ #6 (oh wait neither do I ) / Lessar / Most of New Light (they've seen 2 of them) / BLOCK/ Novel version of Index/ Novel version of Uiharu/ the other Kiharas (literally some of the best characters ever made) except Gensei and
Spoiler for Railgun franchise:
and I've mentioned Nayuta... There are a million more as well... but they really like what they know... I do not know why they don't have the motivation to read LN's versus manga/anime/ even wikia considering how much they like Index... The LN's are the best part...

Anyway... let me give you my thoughts:
Railgun season 1 is great. It has pacing that is perfect, but I can see why some people might call it slow (I think it's a good thing). I like all of the content in the first season and episodes 22/23/24 were just unbelievable. Episodes 11/12/13 were great too (I think those were the right three). I liked Episode 4?5? (the one with Mikoto Vs. Touma near the bridge (did you guys know Kamachi didn't create this fight scene. The dialogue/animations were thought up from scratch by the manga artist and he sent it to Kamachi) Railgun S is a different story.
Excellent graphics, excellent music, excellent animation, excellent anime-original content (I'm going to get hate for this), excellent fight scenes, and excellent decision to stay true to the original adaptation. Railgun S is in a different class of its own especially since it's about the extended sisters arc which is just naturally emotional. The Railgun manga is great because it animates tons of characters from the Light novels who only start appearing in season 3/4 of index or even NT (Misaki). The plot is excellent as well. I don't see railgun/index as separate: they're one universe. The anime adaptations are different because J.C. staff likes putting a different feel on the Railgun (I don't dislike it per-say). The Railgun manga and Index Light Novels are pretty much the same at their core though in terms of darkness/events. Index I (was perfect) all I have to say. Perfection. I finished it in 2.5 days (only because I was pretty busy, otherwise I would have finished it faster). Index II was great as well. (it took me 5 days, because I was even busier). In actuality, I don't like shows with violence (I prefer for example dbz cut not uncut, and naruto...)and didn't in the past. (I don't like blood, and excessive things like Sisters Arc and all that)... I think only Index has managed to convince me it can be good.

The reason I can stand it is silly It's the reason most people can't stand it
Touma's speeches make it meaningful to me so it's fine. The thing I like most about Index is the words and then the fighting. Plus, the scenes are awesome. Plus, since Touma's practically immortal and always goes to the hospital and gets better, it isn't that scary/hard to watch lolz. Index is just one of those series where it is so unrealistic the violence doesn't really phase me. It's like what crazy thing is going to happen next. The premise of Touma having IB is pefect. The perfect non-broken power (he's weak against normal determined people). The perfect hidden qualities. The perfect way to justify being able to dodge attacks. The perfect symbolism with the name of IB. Kamachi basically just made Touma into a great character. Accelerator and Hamazura are similarly made into amazing characters.

In my opinion, the Index light novels are better than anything else in the series (until the later seasons get animated). I am looking forward to Index III, Railgun III, Index IV, and all of NT and more Railgun if there will be more (and a mental out anime pleeease). Kamachi is just a great writer and JS06 is a great translator. The Railgun manga is a close second. They're the same universe so I don't think of Railgun as being separate from Index. I treat the novels/manga as the real canon anyway (with the exception of LN adopted arcs in railgun). I see railgun as a way to flesh out Index characters that Kamachi introduced later but didn't have much time to spend on during the earlier light novels. That's pretty much why I think railgun is so good. It provides great background info. Furthermore, when it starts becoming relevant to light novels in NT, that makes it even better.

In short: I love both franchises. I see them as one franchise. The Index series is my favorite series. It's well done. It has many over-arching plots. It is an example of where too-powerful doesn't have to be broken if handled carefully/ correctly. It is an interesting concept. It provokes a lot of interesting philosophical thoughts and it's #1 in my opinion. I could be improved slightly in various ways, but its pretty close to perfect in my opinion.
Old 2013-06-05, 14:03   Link #40
Goldzero

Quote:
Lol. I find that funny actually. My friends' opinions: They like Railgun and Index equally. They haven't read the LN's so they think Mikoto is the #1 character......................................... ............................................ no comment.................. They do like Accelerator, Touma, and other good characters though... but they don't understand. They only barely know who Hamazura is... Their impression of Kakine Teitoku is that from the railgun manga (angel with wings ). I made sure to give them some details from NT 7 and NT 6 and NT 14 to cure this immediately before Kakine Teitoku got wind of it and came to eliminate them

They like Misaki especially after the two latest chapters of the Railgun manga and I've told them stuff from NT 7 about her... They love Gunha They like Mugino, think she's cool and appreciate ITEM. I spoiled them about Fre|nda (lol)
I've of course mentioned DRAGON and they think it's cool. They like Railgun and Index equally actually. But Railgun S is probably going to be their favorite animated season (well it will have some of the best scenes that have been animated so far). I already spoiled Rikou ... the thing is... I'm not sure my spoilers significance actually registers with them, they kind of know it but don't think about it so it isn't really a problem. They don't even know Fiamma... Terra... Acqua (makes me sad)... and a lot of other good characters: Birdway/ #6 (oh wait neither do I ) / Lessar / Most of New Light (they've seen 2 of them) / BLOCK/ Novel version of Index/ Novel version of Uiharu/ the other Kiharas (literally some of the best characters ever made) except Gensei and
Spoiler for Railgun franchise:
and I've mentioned Nayuta... There are a million more as well... but they really like what they know... I do not know why they don't have the motivation to read LN's versus manga/anime/ even wikia considering how much they like Index... The LN's are the best part...

Anyway... let me give you my thoughts:
Railgun season 1 is great. It has pacing that is perfect, but I can see why some people might call it slow (I think it's a good thing). I like all of the content in the first season and episodes 22/23/24 were just unbelievable. Episodes 11/12/13 were great too (I think those were the right three). I liked Episode 4?5? (the one with Mikoto Vs. Touma near the bridge (did you guys know Kamachi didn't create this fight scene. The dialogue/animations were thought up from scratch by the manga artist and he sent it to Kamachi) Railgun S is a different story.
Excellent graphics, excellent music, excellent animation, excellent anime-original content (I'm going to get hate for this), excellent fight scenes, and excellent decision to stay true to the original adaptation. Railgun S is in a different class of its own especially since it's about the extended sisters arc which is just naturally emotional. The Railgun manga is great because it animates tons of characters from the Light novels who only start appearing in season 3/4 of index or even NT (Misaki). The plot is excellent as well. I don't see railgun/index as separate: they're one universe. The anime adaptations are different because J.C. staff likes putting a different feel on the Railgun (I don't dislike it per-say). The Railgun manga and Index Light Novels are pretty much the same at their core though in terms of darkness/events. Index I (was perfect) all I have to say. Perfection. I finished it in 2.5 days (only because I was pretty busy, otherwise I would have finished it faster). Index II was great as well. (it took me 5 days, because I was even busier). In actuality, I don't like shows with violence (I prefer for example dbz cut not uncut, and naruto...)and didn't in the past. (I don't like blood, and excessive things like Sisters Arc and all that)... I think only Index has managed to convince me it can be good.

The reason I can stand it is silly It's the reason most people can't stand it
Touma's speeches make it meaningful to me so it's fine. The thing I like most about Index is the words and then the fighting. Plus, the scenes are awesome. Plus, since Touma's practically immortal and always goes to the hospital and gets better, it isn't that scary/hard to watch lolz. Index is just one of those series where it is so unrealistic the violence doesn't really phase me. It's like what crazy thing is going to happen next. The premise of Touma having IB is pefect. The perfect non-broken power (he's weak against normal determined people). The perfect hidden qualities. The perfect way to justify being able to dodge attacks. The perfect symbolism with the name of IB. Kamachi basically just made Touma into a great character. Accelerator and Hamazura are similarly made into amazing characters.

In my opinion, the Index light novels are better than anything else in the series (until the later seasons get animated). I am looking forward to Index III, Railgun III, Index IV, and all of NT and more Railgun if there will be more (and a mental out anime pleeease). Kamachi is just a great writer and JS06 is a great translator. The Railgun manga is a close second. They're the same universe so I don't think of Railgun as being separate from Index. I treat the novels/manga as the real canon anyway (with the exception of LN adopted arcs in railgun). I see railgun as a way to flesh out Index characters that Kamachi introduced later but didn't have much time to spend on during the earlier light novels. That's pretty much why I think railgun is so good. It provides great background info. Furthermore, when it starts becoming relevant to light novels in NT, that makes it even better.

In short: I love both franchises. I see them as one franchise. The Index series is my favorite series. It's well done. It has many over-arching plots. It is an example of where too-powerful doesn't have to be broken if handled carefully/ correctly. It is an interesting concept. It provokes a lot of interesting philosophical thoughts and it's #1 in my opinion. I could be improved slightly in various ways, but its pretty close to perfect in my opinion.
i don't know what to say but"holy". you have very good taste in my opinion and you can clearly see why railgun and index are such an amazing franchise. but im a little confuse with what you mean is that " the reason i can stand it it is silly, it's the most reason people can't stand it " little confuse about this part but everything else made very good seance to me.