Notices

Old 2009-07-02, 17:34   Link #101
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I've forgotten about this

"Ours" Summer preview.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-08, 15:21   Link #102
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

Added V3, the final version.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Emerald Emblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 02:06   Link #103
klare

replying to the V3 pic

- Spice & Wolf II = most anticipated, but no more "Engrish" song pls

- CANAAN = after watching eps 1, feel like it may be the best in this season

- Lost Canvas = this may be the first Seiya series i can finish, its promising

- Bakemonogatari = an interesting eps 1, but no high expectations

- Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 = looks like a serious one

- AIKa Zero = a show with many pretty ladies is a must check

- Utawareumono = only heard the OP and ED, and their retro-like music really good, havent seen the show...
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 02:10   Link #104
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by klare View Post
- Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 = looks like a serious one
This has aired?
Old 2009-07-09, 04:35   Link #105
Oppius
Banned

Aoi Hana episode 1 = Start quite weak but since its a drama so it is forgiven.

Bakemonogatari episode 1 = Not my cup of tea but since I was impressed by its art and animation quality, I give another episode to try.
Oppius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 12:49   Link #106
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I'm definately following Canaan. First episode was amazing.

I'll be following Umineko aswell but I'm not as interested in it as I am with Canaan.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:01   Link #107
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
CANAAN is probably the only one I'll be following. Umineko is okay I guess, definitely not the 'omg' show most are making it out to be from the first 2 episodes anyway.
Oujirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 15:12   Link #108
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oujirou View Post
Umineko is okay I guess, definitely not the 'omg' show most are making it out to be from the first 2 episodes anyway.
Surprisingly1 a lot of people get that excited at any sign of blood.
Old 2009-07-09, 17:10   Link #109
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Surprisingly1 a lot of people get that excited at any sign of blood.

I liked the OP and ED though, anyone know the dates for those singles? The current list of upcoming singles and OSTs only go up to end of August atm.

edit: what's with the soul eater like scene in the opening of umineko anyway?

Last edited by Oujirou; 2009-07-09 at 18:50.
Oujirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-09, 21:43   Link #110
Sonae
A l i c e
*Graphic Designer

Hm? No review thread?

Original List;;

Yes

Spice and Wolf
I watched the first season, so of course I will watch.

Umineko No Naku Koro Ni
I loved Higurashi. Since I like this kind of stuff, of course I'm going to take a look at it.

Maybe

Bakemonogatari
Hm...Seems interesting from the description.

CANAAN
Another one that looks to be interesting

ELEMENT HUNTERS
Hm...Might try.

NEEDLESS
I might try this...

Umi Monogatari
For some reason this looks really interesting to me....

Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou
I might try this.

OVAs;;

Akane Iro Ni Somaru Saka - Hardcore
I watched the anime. So might as well watch this.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Rei
Continuing this. Love it so far.

To Love-Ru
Hurry up and finish already.

And now, my partial review.

Spoiler for Review:
Sonae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-10, 13:03   Link #111
Shadow Kira01

Kira01's Impression of Summer 2009 Animes

Currently, I am watching the following animes:

CANAAN: A new TYPE-MOON anime about a conspiracy unwrapping in Shanghai involving foreigners and terrorists which also features supernatural elements. Unlike previous TYPE-MOON features, this one isn't part of the Naru-verse. (8/10)

Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu 2: Finally, KyoAni has decided to launch a second season after a very long wait but it turns out that the Endless Eight is actually 8 variations of a single episode about the events which occurred between August 17th and August 31st. The good thing is that the character designs have slightly changed to look more like K-ON!, the popular anime also produced by KyoAni. There is also a new opening song that goes with the new series. (9/10)

Umineko no Naku Koro ni: Originally, I don't plan on watching the series as that I don't like the yandere plot of Higurashi and that this series is like a parallel story of the other one, both are adaptations of popular visual novels made by 07th Expansion. Not just that the visual novels were rather popular, the animes garnered just as much attention. And thus, I decided to watch Umineko as that it is a new anime of this season. (6/10)

These are the animes I have yet to watch:

AIKa: ZERO: Personally, I didn't like the ova before this one at all with a few exceptions. First of all, the story seemed like a rip-off of Macross. Supposedly, people would say that this anime is ecchi while that Macross isn't. However, Macross Frontier isn't the same as Macross 7 which features ecchi elements. On the contrary, since I never finished watching Macross 7, I wouldn't really know if its actually different or not. However, like the previous ova, Koshimizu Ami will be doing the opening and ending themes again, as well as voicing the protagonist of the ova. Thus, I should watch it..

Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka Hardcore: I have watched the anime which I didn't really like as that the female lead is a tsundere which is obvious since its voiced by Kugi. However, this is the ova which follows the anime. I might as well watch it as well.

Bakemonogatari: Originally, I was expecting the anime to be more like Ghost Hunt or tactics but it will most likely turn out to be something like the Shin Megami Tensei series. Not sure if I will watch it or not but it does seem rather interesting. My friends on MAL who like the same animes as I do are definitely going to watch it, so it would be strange if I don't watch it. [dropped]

Element Hunters: I don't plan on watching it but I might change my decision depending on the cast of seiyuu. Personally, I don't like the character designs as that it looks like a kids' show. [dropped]

Kanamemo: This is a yuri anime which features quite a cast of seiyuu. Once again, Kitamura Eri appears in the anime. She seems to be in many animes starting last season. I plan on watching an episode to decide whether to drop it or continuing watching though. [dropped]

Kara no Kyoukai 7: Satsujin Kousatsu (Part 2): Finally, the movie that will explain the gap between the time when Shiki tries to kill Kokutou and when they worked together under Aoko to investigate and solve supernatural cases. I am definitely watching this one.

Needless: Supposedly, I thought the story was something about black holes and clashes between people with supernatural abilities but.. Considering that the main characters are Adam and Eve voiced by Koyasu-san and Kitamura Eri, I can only expect that it will turn out as another ecchi love comedy featuring supernatural elements, sort of like Square-Enix's Sekirei. [dropped]

Princess Lover!: I am guessing that this is another of those visual novel adaptations of the season which I will most likely watch. The animation is pretty good, not sure about the soundtrack but I will know when I watch it.

Shikabane Hime: Kuro Special: Its been a few months since the anime ended without a finale. In just a month, the anime will conclude properly and I will be watching it.

Sora no Manimani: Like every other season, there must be a love comedy and this is the one. Happily, it seems that the female lead this time isn't a tsundere and thus, I will watch the anime.

Sora no Otoshimono: This seemingly is an adaptation of a visual novel which generally is an ecchi love comedy that features supernatural elements. I will be watching it but I might decide to drop it depending on how the story develops.

Spice and Wolf II: I might watch this one as that it is quite popular, not mentioning that the lead seiyuu are Fukuyama Jun and Koshimizu Ami, the ones who voiced Lelouch Lamperouge and Kozuki Karen respectively. However, I did missed the first season so watching the second season may be a little confusing. [dropped]

Summer Wars: I might not watch this one but the story sounds interesting. The animation is pretty good. [dropped]

Tetsuwan Birdy Decode - The Ciper: Birdy-san returns to connect the story between the first and second season. Although I haven't finished the second season but I will watch this ova after finishing the second season first.

Umi Monogatari: I plan on watching the anime as that the animation is good and I have no clue what it is about, except that it is most likely another love comedy of the season.

Yokuwakaru Gendaimahou: I didn't like the ova but I might like the anime itself. This is pretty much another ecchi love comedy which features supernatural elements of this season. Actually, these sort of animes consist most of the shows per season. Usually, they are adaptations of visual novels including this one but there are some manga adaptations. As for this one, it seems pretty interesting. Its been awhile since I last watched Rental Magica except this one doesn't have a male protagonist. Nabatame Hitomi, the one who voiced Yakushiji Ryoko will be voicing one of the main characters and thus, I will be watching the anime. However, if it turns out to feature too much of those looping comedy, I might drop it. Generally, if the anime itself is like the ova, I would drop it. Otherwise, I am watching it.

Last edited by Shadow Kira01; 2009-07-26 at 22:57. Reason: updated status.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-18, 10:07   Link #112
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

From the Summer series, I've picked up Canaan, Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, and possibly Aoi Hana. The first two look exciting and visually appealing in terms plot, scenery etc. I've never seen anything that has so much Yuri-implications as in the first two episodes of Aoi Hana, so I'll stick to that to see how they develop and portray the story.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 17:00   Link #113
dfc20

i want a Claymore 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyone know anything about that??
also am expecting a lot from Kiddy Grade 2.. btw, anyone know where to find the movies?
dfc20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 04:17   Link #114
klare

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc20 View Post
i want a Claymore 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyone know anything about that??
if it comes out, u can expect another DIY ending...

as well wait for the manga to end first?
klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-26, 11:57   Link #115
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well well well , this summer is a bit poor but still have some animes who is worth watching .

Bakemonogatari (Watched 4 episodes ) 9/10
Entertaining , i enjoy this anime Love the concept !

Canaan (Watched 3 episodes ) Dropped . 6/10
Well , good design , good characters , nice girls , many actions but not my anime's type .

Princess Lover (Watched 3 episodes ) Dropped . 2/10
Nice girls . But typical rich romance are boring . Just the girls is worth watching .

Suzumya Haruhi (Watched 6 episodes ) But DAMN . 5/10
Endless Eight shut it down !

Umineko no Naku Koro ni (Watched 3 episodes ) 8/10
Look forward for more developements

Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (watch 3 episodes ) 8/10
Well , as the others seasons , i like this shows even if its hard to understand
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote