AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 2 7.69%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 42.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 15.38%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 3.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-22, 13:19   Link #41
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

What does and does not qualify as 'childhood friend status' is a little subjective, Lord of Fire. Some people include all of their teenage years as part of their 'childhood'. So in that respect, Shinka and Satone are indeed childhood friends. But, as Triple R said, it's a needless argument of semantics. It's a point too trivial in regard to what others have been going on about up until now.

The real two cents I wanted to throw in is that I think some people are being too strict in their definition of what being tsundere is (or isn't). Being situationally tsundere is a thing and being VERY subtly tsundere is a thing. Characters don't always have to categorized into some all-or-nothing archetype (unless they're intentionally written to be, or are poorly written so that they just end up like that). Sometimes Shinka's a bit tsundere, sometimes Deko's a bit tsundere. And not just towards each other, even though that's where it's the most intense/obvious. That's it.
Old 2014-03-22, 23:40   Link #42
teja208
Critical fanboy

Well, at least I would like to give anime credit for not having Sophia resolve her unrequited love problem in a typical fashion: by having her going through the pain of confessing and rejection which usually end up in her crying at the end. I'm 99.98% expecting that after the end of episode 10 and consider Kyoani is known animating tearful inducing scenes.
Old 2014-03-23, 05:16   Link #43
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Well, at least I would like to give anime credit for not having Sophia resolve her unrequited love problem in a typical fashion: by having her going through the pain of confessing and rejection which usually end up in her crying at the end. I'm 99.98% expecting that after the end of episode 10 and consider Kyoani is known animating tearful inducing scenes.
I'm of the opposite opinion here. I would have found a tearful confession resolution much more believable and sensible than having a flashy chuunibyou fight yet again resolve a practical life conflict in this show.

Spoiler for Implied Madoka Magica spoiler, for comparison:
Old 2014-03-23, 09:41   Link #44
Anime Online

I don't quite get it why Rikka and Sophia are trying to get the 3 coins so as to summon the black flame dragon. Are they trying to turn Yuuta back to his chuunibyou self? And why is Sophia fighting the imaginary dragon in an imaginary fight? Supposedly it was to help her get over Yuuta, but I don't get what's going on.

It seems to me it's another chunni fight that magically fixes everything.
Old 2014-03-23, 14:26   Link #45
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I don't quite get it why Rikka and Sophia are trying to get the 3 coins so as to summon the black flame dragon. Are they trying to turn Yuuta back to his chuunibyou self? And why is Sophia fighting the imaginary dragon in an imaginary fight? Supposedly it was to help her get over Yuuta, but I don't get what's going on.

It seems to me it's another chunni fight that magically fixes everything.
you really watched the episode or pay attention to the sub???

was clear explained it

yuuta write in his diary, wich the person who is in a "contract with him" resolve his "puzzle" will be his true partner forever, then sophia tried in the past but failed(dont have enough will to keep trying) while rikka was stubborn enough to keep searching because she was jealous to the fact who sophia already was a little ahead of her and already had one of the coins(who yuuta give to her in the past) then rikka wanted to proof who she is best than sophia to yuuta (stubborn+jealous+self pride)

the fight scene was the chunibyou way to confess and get rejected, this is why she was keep saying who he is her enemie, in order to move she must vent her unrequeted love to him and that was what happened but in a chunibyou way ofcourse.
Old 2014-03-26, 02:42   Link #46
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Oh wow. Nearly everyone shone in this episode.

Yuuta becomes a male lead who realizes that he is dense. Now that's something you don't see everything. Yuuta's actions in the this were really commendable too, including how he showed his frustrations for not knowing what to do with Shichimiya's circumstance. Shinka also shows up as Mori Summer, implying her progress in accepting her chuunibyou side. There's also Kumin's "senpai moment" and the "moment of balance" for Rikka, going on the final step of the Dark Flame Dragon quest to reassure herself of her relationship with Yuuta.

Again, I have to give a pat on the back to Satone for being one of the strongest characters in the series. Shinka knows that it is hard for someone to just lose over someone else, but Satone manages to retain a close bond with both Rikka and Yuuta.

And now, for the finale...!
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2014-03-26, 19:07   Link #47
KeiichiTaiga

Tear jerker

Made me cry, Rikka reaaaally cares for Yuuta for what she did despite her condition. (She is soo persistent) And her reason for doing so, made me clench my pillow. Awwww.... But this episode made me think...is this the last of the season? But isn't there a 12? The way it was made seems to fit a good ender (for the season only), but now I am soo curious as to know what will come out for 12.
Old 2014-04-04, 21:59   Link #48
kitten320

Not counting all Nibutani moments, this season was weak. I'm also disappointed that they completely ignored the other guy this season.

The whole love triangle was really not needed, it barely played any real role.