Notices

Old 2014-03-03, 22:54   Link #4101
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozuma View Post
@Nishikinomaki

lol

That was a reflexive response. I keep forgetting. Also girlfriend called. Phew, I was worried.

Good for you never give up Ozuma there Always Hope.
nishikinomaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 22:57   Link #4102
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorae Habatake View Post
Had we gotten a sequel, it likely would have involved ascendance into the heavens where humanity finally breaks free from the influences of the gods (breaks free because at this point, however strong she is, Athena is basically outmatched by a factor of at least 10)
It wasn't gonna get a sequel per-say. Instead, the Saint Seiya manga was going to be restarted and continue on from where the movie left off. We don't know what Kurumada had planned, but the guess is that it would start with Shiryu and the other looking for a way to get Seiya's and Saori's memory back and then take on the Olympian before moving on to Kronos, Saint Seiya original intended final boss. The after-credit Cloth was probably a V4 Bronze Cloth.

Back to Omega, this discussion made me realize just how Omega's ending is becoming very similar to Overture. We have a Seiya-esque (Touma/Titan) character that serves a goddess (Artemis/Pallas) much the same way Seiya serves Athena, and is that relationship between the Titan and Pallas that leads the goddess to see the error of her ways and think twice about her desire to destroy humanity. But just as things seem about to be resolved, another god (Apollo/Saturn) comes in proclaiming that humans need to be eradicated as punishment because they have become too dangerous.

So yeah, it seems that Toei just wanted to make Overture over again.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 23:07   Link #4103
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Sorae Habatake its ok i not hate you me to sorry.

will this movie Overture make everyone confused if there another story of Overture season 2 movie. tell what happen to all of them and make right thing.
Old 2014-03-03, 23:23   Link #4104
Sorae Habatake

Smile

Ah, that would make sense (although the whole memory thing altogether is kind of trippy. I guess for the god of truth and prophecy it might be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Back to Omega, this discussion made me realize just how Omega's ending is becoming very similar to Overture. We have a Seiya-esque (Touma/Titan) character that serves a goddess (Artemis/Pallas) much the same way Seiya serves Athena, and is that relationship between the Titan and Pallas that leads the goddess to see the error of her ways and think twice about her desire to destroy humanity. But just as things seem about to be resolved, another god (Apollo/Saturn) comes in proclaiming that humans need to be eradicated as punishment because they have become too dangerous.

So yeah, it seems that Toei just wanted to make Overture over again.
Hahaha XD I actually didn't notice that, good call ;D!

That said, it felt more like an Asgard to me, only I can't find myself liking the villains terribly much (I liked Europa, Miller, and Loge who might just be Jabu's long lost love child XD).

I mean female
leader was originally good => warped personality as time goes on => war to take over=> fighting against sister => left with one guy who is solely and totally devoted to her => turns good => interrupted by a minion who used to be minion of villain god

She even kind of looks like a color reboot of Hilda.
Sorae Habatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-03, 23:27   Link #4105
Galaxian

Quote:
That said, it felt more like an Asgard to me, only I can't find myself liking the villains terribly much (I liked Europa, Miller, and Loge who might just be Jabu's long lost love child XD).

I mean female
leader was originally good => warped personality as time goes on => war to take over=> fighting against sister => left with one guy who is solely and totally devoted to her => turns good => interrupted by a minion who used to be minion of villain god

She even kind of looks like a color reboot of Hilda.
Well, the Asgard arc was a filler that Toei came up with. So I guess they really like this set up.

The difference between Asgard and Overture/Omega is that Hilda was being actually mind-controlled. Artemis and Pallas were doing it out of their own free-will, but later changed their minds.
Old 2014-03-03, 23:27   Link #4106
Sorae Habatake

@Nishikinomaki

Thanks. Yeah, I really hope they pick it back up. Inconsistencies aside, it was a really good idea. I really wanted to see how the rest of it would have been handled (even if I originally though Seiya coming back post Hades was kind of cheating =P).
Old 2014-03-03, 23:57   Link #4107
Galaxian

Seiya was always meant to survive being stabbed by Hades' sword, because originally Kurumada never planed to end the manga there, but instead immediately continue on to the fight against Zeus and then against Kronos.

Because he was forced to end his manga earlier than intended, he left Seiya's fate ambiguous until Overture came along, when that project fell through because of Kuru's disagreement with Toei, Kurumada decided to rewrite what happened to Seiya with Next Dimension.
Old 2014-03-04, 00:23   Link #4108
Sorae Habatake

Smile

Quote:
Well, the Asgard arc was a filler that Toei came up with. So I guess they really like this set up.
Of course, the age old shounen formula =P. They went a little overboard this time though. The cast is way too large.

Quote:
Seiya was always meant to survive being stabbed by Hades' sword, because originally Kurumada never planed to end the manga there, but instead immediately continue on to the fight against Zeus and then against Kronos.
I don't contest that, but even so, I felt the Hades Chapter ended pretty neatly and that everything came around to a full circle to a victorious but sad ending. Not that I wanted Seiya to die (in fact when I thought he was dead it ripped my heart out) but it was such a good hollow victory type conclusion I can't help but mourn it a little bit.

And Kurumada needs to pick up w/ ND if that's what he was aiming for -_-', seriously it's been years and he's not even out of Sanctuary reboot yet.
Old 2014-03-04, 06:42   Link #4109
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

one my friend tell About seiya got Omega said by translation sub

this comment tell by friend.

Seiya saying " we got something the God's don't have and that is the omega" or something lose to that, but he said they had the omega. The problem is they don't believe Seiya has the omega because they say the omega can only be achieved with a group of friends, and seiya couldn't have gotten it by himself.

What they do say is that Seiya is capable of defeating any God of any level with just a gold cloth because he is "Seiya" and has has protagonist ability.
Old 2014-03-04, 08:02   Link #4110
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by nishikinomaki View Post
Seiya saying " we got something the God's don't have and that is the omega" or something lose to that, but he said they had the omega. The problem is they don't believe Seiya has the omega because they say the omega can only be achieved with a group of friends, and seiya couldn't have gotten it by himself.
Seiya didn't mean he, Seiya himself, has the Omega, he was talking about weapons their side (Saints/humans) has, as a whole, and that included Omega. Think of it as Tony Stark saying "we have a Hulk", and of course he's not the Hulk.

Although it was shown that the old generation can "touch" the Omega when they worked together too.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-04, 08:13   Link #4111
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

*puts on Arnold’s face* "I’m back."

Quote:
The movie itself show the God Cloth, the after credit on cannot be it too, would just be stupid, specially since it offer even less protection that the actual God Cloth.
It’s not stupid if the artists decided to be creative, and there’s also the merchandise/sales factor. So the cloth being different in style from flashback to post-credit can be attributed to artistic choice. Also, the post-credit cloth has all those fancy carved patterns all over it which almost never featured in any bronze cloths (remember, this is way before Omega with all the fancy additions to the bronze cloths).

So I still think the post-credit Cloth is a pimped God Cloth but still practically the same cloth as we saw in the flashback due to some factors:
  1. We saw in the movie how Apollo blasted Pegasus Bronze Cloth Mk-III (along with the rest of Seiya & Athena’s clothes ) into smithereens. And from the past experience, bronze cloth (except Phoenix) rarely able to revive after being destroyed entirely or reduced to ashes. The only way to revive it is for it to become a God Cloth through Athena’s blood (which Mk-III already had) and Seiya burning his cosmo to his utmost limit and creating a miracle (which he did).
  2. The way it all played out with Apollo is very similar to “Seiya vs. Thanatos” in Hades Elysion Arc. Seiya’s Bronze Cloth Mk-III (with Athena’s blood) totally destroyed -> overpowering god taunted him -> Seiya burning his cosmo to the ultimate state in order to create a miracle -> God Cloth kita!!!

Quote:
But since the official word is that Apollo could not defeat Seiya,
Unless what we saw on-screen does not show Seiya overpowering Apollo at all like the staff commentary said.

Quote:
then a reasonal person would deduce that is not "blowing it away".

And that's another thing, since when does a enemy "blows away" a Cloth, they always destroyed, but this one just fell apart.
Pardon my poor English skill. But still, I think Seiya’s God Cloth “falling apart” still has something to do with Apollo’s power (remember, we still don’t know what Apollo fully capable of). If not, why would Seiya casted off his own cloth after acquiring it with such hardwork?

Quote:
You guys Still fight mode Dont want to lose.
No, Nishi. This is not necessarily a fight. It's called "debate", and as long as both parties can keep civil without mocking, accusing, name-calling, or downright insulting, we can still have a healthy debate and it doesn't need to turn into fights. Peace

Quote:
Aw, but I made an account jsut for this discussion. It's actually pretty valid since the ending is so open and Toei is not helping.
I’m glad to see someone so genuinely interested in the discussion I’m part of .

Quote:
Let me at least present my position giving the facts (sorry for being an ass nishikinomaki btu I think there are a few important points people were forgetting insofar)

What we know about the series
- cosmos is finite, there's a an exhaustive limit basically
- cloths change to fit the form of the cosmos that inhabits them

*snip*
Pretty good analysis. I want to address some of your points, but I guess I’m just too lazy right now. Plus, I have something else to do.

Oh, and welcome!
Old 2014-03-04, 09:53   Link #4112
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

So sad Omega come to end i been think there gona be new saint seiya or they will bring back the lost canvas.
Old 2014-03-04, 16:42   Link #4113
Sorae Habatake

Smile

Quote:

That's another thing! What's with this so-called Omega business. Yes I get that Genbu explained that it was a force beyond the seventh sense, but we already know that there's something like that.

In fact, that was the whole basis for Shaka's death, so he can attain the 8th sense and traverse between living and death. And you know what there's probably a 9th sense somewhere too that allows warping or something.

It fits the logic, divine cosmo has never been referred to in the way of senses, only human beings who raise their cosmos by perception and manipulation of atoms. So why is everyone so surprised that their is such a thing, I mean you would THINK Shaka would have his own little niche in saint history as the only saint to attain it durign the past war.

Quote:
Oh, and welcome!
Thanks! Glad to be here

Last edited by Sorae Habatake; 2014-03-04 at 16:57.
Old 2014-03-04, 16:55   Link #4114
Sorae Habatake

Quote:
So sad Omega come to end i been think there gona be new saint seiya or they will bring back the lost canvas.
YEEEEEEEEES Lost Canvas needs to come back already! I want animated Defteros or so help me Athena I will smack a studio!

I really liked LC, they paid a lot more attention to the individual character arcs and get to know them as actual people instead of just "this attractive dude with the armor"
I mean nothing beats Classic Seiya-tachi but Lost Canvas was a pretty close runner.

Omega is ok, I'm not super hyped. I'll watch it because it's SS but sometimes the style and plot makes me cringe a little.
Old 2014-03-05, 11:17   Link #4115
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

How they breathe Outside of earth O.o there no oxygen. Dont tell me is power of cloth give them oxygen

I notice steel girl Emma had different color look toei make mistakes again

here original one

Old 2014-03-05, 11:27   Link #4116
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
How they breathe Outside of earth O.o there no oxygen. Dont tell me is power of cloth give them oxygen
about breath in space, at last for gold saints it's real, forget when shiryu used his suicidal tecnique with capricorn shura(flying to the space), when shiryu passed shura give him the cloth saying who her can protect him from die in space, he even told who he wanted he could just wait shiryu die to go back to earth, maybe all the omega cloths have the same power to protect his user like the gold one.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 12:12   Link #4117
Birdway
Banned

Who knows, Hades's underworld is a different dimension for souls and death yet bronze saints and others were breathing as if it was the earth.

Or maybe Araya Shiki grants you oxygen?
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-05, 12:38   Link #4118
Galaxian

Quote:
I notice steel girl Emma had different color look toei make mistakes again
Or those pieces of her original Steel Cloth were destroyed and she put on someone else's.
Old 2014-03-05, 13:00   Link #4119
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Or those pieces of her original Steel Cloth were destroyed and she put on someone else's.
She found the dead body of a comrade and took the Cloth
Old 2014-03-05, 13:33   Link #4120
nishikinomaki
MakiNishikino

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
about breath in space, at last for gold saints it's real, forget when shiryu used his suicidal tecnique with capricorn shura(flying to the space), when shiryu passed shura give him the cloth saying who her can protect him from die in space, he even told who he wanted he could just wait shiryu die to go back to earth, maybe all the omega cloths have the same power to protect his user like the gold one.
i get it now thanks for advise.

Quote:
Ouch i forgot that.

Tags
action, shounen