AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-08-15, 01:56   Link #1421
Xellos
There will be no miracle

Send a message via AIM to Xellos
Finally finished ToV, so just getting into BlazBlue. Trying out Rachel for starters.
Old 2009-08-15, 03:49   Link #1422
DaGame
weapon of choice

Well Im working on

Samurai Bikini Squad - Just a few chapters away from the ending, its kind of a interesting game, reminds me of Hunter the reckoning.

Ninty Nine Knights - Interesting, and sort of hard. This game is like Dynasty warriors a lot if your interested in that kind of stuff.

And last but not least im working on finishing Army of two - really good shooting game.
DaGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 03:54   Link #1423
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Prototype. I'm only a few hours in but I already very strongly disagree with the general consensus that inFamous was better.
Wasn't aware of this.

I played one after the other and I seriously agree with you about Prototype being a much better game.
Old 2009-08-15, 06:20   Link #1424
Da~Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGame View Post
Well Im working on

Samurai Bikini Squad - Just a few chapters away from the ending, its kind of a interesting game, reminds me of Hunter the reckoning.

Ninty Nine Knights - Interesting, and sort of hard. This game is like Dynasty warriors a lot if your interested in that kind of stuff.

And last but not least im working on finishing Army of two - really good shooting game.
When you say Samurai Bikini Squad, you don't mean Onechanbara do you?
My friend (who borrowed my Xbox360 for an indefinite period of time) has been bugging me to buy the Onechanbara game (which got really bad reviews...) so I recently caved in and bought it from GAME since it was on sale for only a tener.

Games I'm trying to finish... hmm... too many...
Games I'm trying to force myself to play to completion at the moment:

PC: Neverwinter Nights 2 + expansion packs,
PS3: Assassin's Creed, Devil May Cry 4, MGS4.
Xbox360: Ace Combat 6 (a game I actually want to play but physically can't...), Gears of War 2.
Wii: Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl , Trauma Centre: Second Opinion, Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure.
PSP: Crisis Core, Project Diva: Hatsune Miku
DS: Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Millionheir.
PS2: Final Fantasies X, X-2 & XII, Persona 4

Too many games... (and anime, manga etc), really not enough time!...
Da~Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 10:07   Link #1425
Yamada
Minori Fanboy

The game I'm mainly focusing on right now is Pokemon Platinum. I've just reached the Elite Four but I keep dieing on the fourth one (psychic I believe). I guess that's what I get for solely leveling my starter alone. Now I'm stuck trying to pull a team together to counter my weaknesses and it's taking forever to level up the rest of them so they don't die instantly. I'm so close to beating the game, and yet I'm so far away at the same time.
Yamada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-15, 14:26   Link #1426
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I got my Nintendo DSi a few days ago, but I seem to be addicted to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2... I'm a sucker for roguelike games, they are addicting...
Old 2009-08-16, 03:36   Link #1427
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Guild Wars
Devil May Cry 4 [PS3]
Old 2009-08-17, 00:52   Link #1428
Ratche
~~~~~

Send a message via MSN to Ratche
Grandchase PH
[KISS]AlterEgo
Old 2009-08-17, 15:12   Link #1429
Shadow Kira01

Played a number of missions involving a multitude of characters in Gundam Musou 2.. It was a good way to gather spare parts and upgrade most of the mobile suits to a more suitable battle ability. Even then, the battles are still rather boring.. All you do is pretty much pilot a suit, help allies and comrades killing enemies and warmongers, as well as those who do not understand and would love to obstruct others' way over greed and selfish reasons. This is what Gundam is all about.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 15:58   Link #1430
calorie

Finishing up Heavens Feel route in Fate/stay night. After that, I'll probably start playing Ever 17, read some good stuff about it.
calorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 18:09   Link #1431
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Naruto: Path of the Ninja 2
Sugar_Prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 18:19   Link #1432
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I got addicted to Audiosurf again since I found new music to play with.
Old 2009-08-17, 18:53   Link #1433
OMchan
オムちゃん

Finished Prototype a few weeks ago. Thought the story was average.. though I thoroughly enjoyed how you can toss those civilians around and whip 'em to pieces, hah. Another thing I really liked was the ability to glide. It was nice to be able to travel across large distances without having to exert much effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Wasn't aware of this.

I played one after the other and I seriously agree with you about Prototype being a much better game.
I haven't played inFamous myself but a couple of my friends seem to be part of that general consensus RWBladewing mentioned earlier about inFamous > Prototype. In fact, they tell me Prototype is inFamous' "little brother".

Kimi ni Todoke
OMchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 19:27   Link #1434
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Still playing Subterranean Animism.

Wondering if I'll ever beat stage 4 normal. I still die way too much on stage 3 and occasionally make stupid mistakes on stage 2.
Old 2009-08-18, 03:02   Link #1435
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

Gyakuten Saiban 4. So good. I totally ship Odoruki/Minuki.

Spoiler for End of game.:
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 03:08   Link #1436
Tofu Prod
Founder

Send a message via AIM to Tofu Prod
Tofu Prod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 08:09   Link #1437
arias

Other than my own game, I'm still working on Vagrant Story.

I'm really bewildered by the whole equipment system.. such a pain
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 09:46   Link #1438
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMchan View Post

I haven't played inFamous myself but a couple of my friends seem to be part of that general consensus RWBladewing mentioned earlier about inFamous > Prototype. In fact, they tell me Prototype is inFamous' "little brother".
I really don't quite understand it either. I mean, I obviously take 0 stock in what the "public" thinks of games but it seems like Prototype has a lot more of the qualities that casual gamers eat up. Prototype is a bloodbath while inFamous is bloodless, Alex in Prototype is way more ruthless than even even evil side Cole in inFamous, and Prototype has explosions and general mayhem everywhere, while in inFamous most of the time the bad guys just kinda fall over. Maybe people just like inFamous because it's faceroll easy and has nothing strategic like Prototype's stealth missions.

It's not even a contest for me, on my non-existent scale I'd rate inFamous a 7 at best and Prototype a 9.5. inFAmous has some pretty fun missions like disabling machine gun buses and defending a prison from a huge siege, but it mostly feels like a third person shooter with lightning replacing the guns (and they are all there, pistol, sniper rifle, grenades, rocket launcher, etc). You also fight huge numbers of the exact same faceless, voiceless enemy throughout the entire game.

Prototype has some pretty unique powers and you can literally use anything as a weapon, and there are tons of options for every situation from brute force to stealth to helicopter-jacking, instead of inFamous' "walk up and shoot it with your lightning". The enemies have a bit more variety and actually have voices and personalities (some of their screams when you consume them are especially awesome ). And you can outdo the chaos of inFamous' missions pretty much any time by attacking a base or half the time any random military guy on the street.

Oh, and to stay on topic, I'm currently still playing Prototype as well as a lot of Blazblue online. I've beaten every high-level Nu player I've encountered but still sometimes lose to horrible spamming Jins and Ragnas. Sigh.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 17:58   Link #1439
ta-kun

Send a message via MSN to ta-kun
Quote:
Originally Posted by arias View Post
Other than my own game, I'm still working on Vagrant Story.

I'm really bewildered by the whole equipment system.. such a pain
I know! I started Vagrant Story once and did not kept playing because it seemed too complicated. Now you can tell me, is it really that complicated? And a more important information, Is the game worth playing?
ta-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-18, 21:30   Link #1440
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by ta-kun View Post
I know! I started Vagrant Story once and did not kept playing because it seemed too complicated. Now you can tell me, is it really that complicated? And a more important information, Is the game worth playing?
yes worth it if you can stomach the dated graphics and what not, even I have trouble at times with certain games.
VS was pretty hard to get used to took me awhile when it first came out but I tried it again recently and me being able to understand it alot better now it made for some good fun.
Only games I can really stomach with old graphics are X-Com:Enemy Unknown(still playing this even today, just love it!) and certain RPGs like the FF series and like.
Most of teh other genres don't cope some well in this respect.

Altho atm I'm still stuck in my ways still playing CounterStrike Source and Guild Wars mostly.