AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2014-02-18, 23:27   Link #11021
Aquaman OS

To an extent. Though Durandal also held off on moving against Logos and let them run rampant so he would look better. He knew about Destroy long before it was deployed in Berlin but sat on that info because he wanted Djbril to deploy it so he'd have his big evil act that he could pin on them have his "hero" Shinn destroy it (and even that he had to edit in because Kira did that) and start the witch hunt. Plus every country EA trashed and Zaft liberated is another country that will be too reliant on Zaft support to say no to the Destiny Plan.

He clearly knew about Logos in episode 19 (and according to Astray knew all along) and if he'd really just wanted peace and happiness he would have exposed and moved on them right away before the war got too bad, but he let them be and fought a war against what he knew to be puppets to help his own personal goals. He could have ended the war early and had the undevasated earth and Plants go back to status quo but status quo was never what he wanted the end result to be.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 12:48   Link #11022
weirdguy

The HD remaster is almost over, and I still see people still don't understand that Shinn is a figgen anti-hero, losing everything in the end, and not growing into a positive character like Kamille did.

@Aquaman OS
Yes, I'm too lazy to quote. Anyways, I mean, he did all of that hoping that everyone will go along with him on the Destiny Plan. In a sense, it worked, and in the end, he did not complete his mission.
weirdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 23:12   Link #11023
Destined_Fate

Err..

Shinn does learn from his mistakes in the epilogue and has no hard feelings towards Athrun or Kira. Though we only really see that happen during show even in games like Super Robot Taisen, heck UX even had it post-Destiny with mature Shinn and Lunamaria being BGH's while Athrun and Kira were elsewhere.

He also didn't lose Lunamaria who stays with him even after the ending and they both learned that Durandal had played them.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 01:11   Link #11024
weirdguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Err..

Shinn does learn from his mistakes in the epilogue and has no hard feelings towards Athrun or Kira. Though we only really see that happen during show even in games like Super Robot Taisen, heck UX even had it post-Destiny with mature Shinn and Lunamaria being BGH's while Athrun and Kira were elsewhere.

He also didn't lose Lunamaria who stays with him even after the ending and they both learned that Durandal had played them.
Those games aren't canon. Yes, it's obvious that I know Shinn learns from his mistake in the epilogue. In fact, he learnt his mistake after losing in the final battle. Moving on to the final sentence, I know he didn't lose Luna. He's not supposed to. Sorry if I am sounding a little mean.
Old 2014-02-20, 04:30   Link #11025
Gundamx

he supposed to lose everything but Lunamaria
his rank(fate), his fight, his best friends(Rei), his first love....etc
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 06:40   Link #11026
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundamx View Post
he supposed to lose everything but Lunamaria
his rank(fate), his fight, his best friends(Rei), his first love....etc
Which one, Stellar or Mayu?
Old 2014-02-20, 11:57   Link #11027
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Which one, Stellar or Mayu?
Oh snap!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 22:25   Link #11028
Scorpiopt

Episdoe 48 is up. And no new scenes for akatsuki they really hate it
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 22:48   Link #11029
weirdguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpiopt View Post
Episdoe 48 is up. And no new scenes for akatsuki they really hate it
Ever heard of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Yeah, this applies to Akatsuki for this episode.
Old 2014-02-20, 22:52   Link #11030
Scorpiopt

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdguy View Post
Ever heard of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"? Yeah, this applies to Akatsuki for this episode.
i disagree with that
Scorpiopt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 23:17   Link #11031
Aquaman OS

Akatsuki got one new brief animation. At the end of the stock Providence destroy's grunts and looms in the foreground redraw they redid the Akatsuki looming part to look better. That's it.

But Akatsuki is more expensive to animate than the others. And to be honest it was never a popular suit. As it was it always seemed like a last minute invention (remember how unlike SF and IJ it got zero early press? It just popped up in the last OP all of a sudden a few eps prior to its debut?) It seemed like the sole reason for existance was so Cagalli could fight Shinn for longer than a few seconds and not get murdered.

Honestly forget that, I'm more bummed at the lack of new animation for SF. Their major Gundam and it's still using retraced footage from 2003.

Oh also they changed the ending credits to list Kira at the top again.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 00:15   Link #11032
Washu-Chan