AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-21, 22:00   Link #13021
yvj
U Mad?

LOL the more I think about it the more I realize that they really went nowhere with Kallen's character.

You know you're dealing with pretty shoddy development work when you have to hope with all you've got that the minimum amount of screen time she will likely receive in the last episode will redeem the character, and save her from being a complete waste.

Its not everyday you can say that about a main character.
Old 2008-09-21, 22:02   Link #13022
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Well like i said I am actually quite hopeful for next episode for Kallen.
But to be honest I don't see Kallen or Lelouch making it out of this.
Edit let me rephrase.
One of the two is going to die.
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 22:07   Link #13023
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
LOL the more I think about it the more I realize that they really went nowhere with Kallen's character.

You know you're dealing with pretty shoddy development work when you have to hope with all you've got that the minimum amount of screen time she will likely receive in the last episode will redeem the character, and save her from being a complete waste.

Its not everyday you can say that about a main character.
Have faith my friend. All her character development has surrounded her relationship with Lelouch. First reconciling the two sides of him, learning to trust him and falling in love with him. Then, having him (seemingly) pull the ultimate DB move in history and saying she was never more than a pawn. Her getting the resolve to fight him even though she loves him (or perhaps because she loves him). She finally meets him face to face in the next episode, and judging by the gum line, the Animedia conversation, her character song, she'll come to some sort of resolution about him.

The very fact that they have waited until the last episode makes it possible that her resolution with Lelouch is tied to the resolution of the series (which would explain why the director ever called her 'essential'). Then again, if all she is there for is so that Lelouch has someone to reveal ZR to for the sake of the audience, I'll be a little pissed.

Still, I have faith and you should, too. Next week when our hopes have been dashed, then you can rage.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-09-21, 22:09   Link #13024
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

They haven't gone nowhere. Kallen loves Lelouch, it's a fact, and she's doing everything in her power to stop what he's become. This begs a revelation next episode. All this time she's had the truth kept from her. It's about time she gets it.
Old 2008-09-21, 22:10   Link #13025
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witacume View Post
Well like i said I am actually quite hopeful for next episode for Kallen.
But to be honest I don't see Kallen or Lelouch making it out of this.
Edit let me rephrase.
One of the two is going to die.
As far as that goes...
Spoiler for for possible plot twist:
Old 2008-09-21, 22:10   Link #13026
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Tokkan also knows that they just copied the standard cast list. It might not pan out, or it just could be a flashback.
Old 2008-09-21, 22:11   Link #13027
Witacume
Kalulu YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
As far as that goes...
Spoiler for for possible plot twist:
well with that I can see Charles saying Congratulations XD
Witacume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 22:11   Link #13028
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Tokkan also knows that they just copied the standard cast list. It might not pan out, or it just could be a flashback.
Yeah, I know, I'm just throwing it out there for consideration.
Old 2008-09-21, 22:15   Link #13029
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
They haven't gone nowhere. Kallen loves Lelouch, it's a fact, and she's doing everything in her power to stop what he's become. This begs a revelation next episode. All this time she's had the truth kept from her. It's about time she gets it.
Well it'll have to be resolved quickly so the plan can go into process.

My guess,

Kallen fights and with Gino and Anya's help, this puts Suzaku in a jam as he is trying not to kill her, and eventually has him at gunpoint. Lelouch then steps in and informs her what he and Suzaku are planning.

Suzaku drops hints during the fight with Kallen and manages to disable and hold her in which Lelouch comes in and brings out the truth (At least this way she doesn't go, ra ra ra kill Lelouch). I mean the girl seriously needs to calm down before any reasoning can be done.

Just before Suzaku and Kallen get serious Nunnally interrupts the fight (99.99% chance of happening, they keep teasing us on this)
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 22:17   Link #13030
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Anya's busy with Jeremiah. Gino isn't in a position to help anyone right now. Their battle will be one on one. I doubt Lelouch will notice, either. He's at least a couple of kilometers away right now.

I think Suzaku might drop hints, but I don't see him holding back as far as stopping her goes. He can't, otherwise he'll die, especially when it's pissed off Kallen he's fighting. I also don't see him disabling her. He managed it with the weaker frames, but she's not stopping that easily.
Old 2008-09-21, 22:19   Link #13031
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
Have faith my friend. All her character development has surrounded her relationship with Lelouch. First reconciling the two sides of him, learning to trust him and falling in love with him. Then, having him (seemingly) pull the ultimate DB move in history and saying she was never more than a pawn. Her getting the resolve to fight him even though she loves him (or perhaps because she loves him). She finally meets him face to face in the next episode, and judging by the gum line, the Animedia conversation, her character song, she'll come to some sort of resolution about him.

The very fact that they have waited until the last episode makes it possible that her resolution with Lelouch is tied to the resolution of the series (which would explain why the director ever called her 'essential'). Then again, if all she is there for is so that Lelouch has someone to reveal ZR to for the sake of the audience, I'll be a little pissed.

Still, I have faith and you should, too. Next week when our hopes have been dashed, then you can rage.

youngde, signing off.
Ah don't worry about me I waffle back and forth

But that is my point. We have to wait for the last episode to be able to wring out some meaning in her "essentialness."

I'd prefer not to have to put all my chips on the very last episode.
Old 2008-09-21, 22:19   Link #13032
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Anya's busy with Jeremiah. Gino isn't in a position to help anyone right now. Their battle will be one on one. I doubt Lelouch will notice, either. He's at least a couple of kilometers away right now.

I think Suzaku might drop hints, but I don't see him holding back as far as stopping her goes. He can't, otherwise he'll die, especially when it's pissed off Kallen he's fighting.
ooook then 4th possiblity.

They destroy each other knightmare frames, land on the fortress, and start fighting hand to hand style, ripping each other's clothings in process.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 22:20   Link #13033
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

They destroy each other knightmare frames, land on the fortress, and start fighting hand to hand style, ripping each other's clothings in process.
"Nunnally, look away!"
Old 2008-09-21, 22:25   Link #13034
UltimateClash

Would be cute if it happened; But unfortunately, this is straight from 4chan. Too awesome not to post here, though.

Spoiler:
UltimateClash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 22:26   Link #13035
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post

Shows not on at 11 pm anymore. It's when the kiddies can watch. I don't even think in Japan that can get away with stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateClash View Post
Would be cute if it happened; But unfortunately, this is straight from 4chan. Too awesome not to post here, though.

Spoiler:
It's cute . Waaaaay too cute for this show.
Old 2008-09-21, 23:11   Link #13036
Skellington2612
fighting swine flu

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateClash View Post

Spoiler:
Itīs a nice one, so letīs dream about it happening ok?
This threads needs something to speculate and relax...
Skellington2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-21, 23:15   Link #13037
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvj View Post
Ah don't worry about me I waffle back and forth
Lol me too..

Anyways.. I can imagine Kallen asking Lulu if she was just a pawn... this could work considering she wants to know what she is to him and all.. and I swear if that question is not answered.. ..whoa just whoa is all I will say...

I doubt the battle between Suzaku and Kallen will last long.. probably same amount, maybe a little longer than C.C vs. Kallen battle..

and why do some people think there was a double meaning to their conversation during the battle? Can some one xplain to me?
Old 2008-09-21, 23:33   Link #13038
HeavyMetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post
Lol me too..

Anyways.. I can imagine Kallen asking Lulu if she was just a pawn... this could work considering she wants to know what she is to him and all.. and I swear if that question is not answered.. ..whoa just whoa is all I will say...

I doubt the battle between Suzaku and Kallen will last long.. probably same amount, maybe a little longer than C.C vs. Kallen battle..

and why do some people think there was a double meaning to their conversation during the battle? Can some one xplain to me?
From what I can gather it stems from this part of the Kallen/cc fight:
"To think I still cared about winning and losing inside my heart" ("winning, losing... to think I still had these feelings in me..." nightspeed)

they seem to be misinterpretting it (somehow) to be referencing her feelings towards lelouch, and then in someway linked to the "Kallen, you won".

I personally don't see how they can be so confused.
HeavyMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 00:13   Link #13039
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
*still in sparta-mode but cooled down a little bit*

I really want to get this off before the Final Turn:

This is purely wishful thinking written by a desparate Kallen-con who is recently suffering from insomnia because of recent events in the series.
I don't want sound too harsh to leave bad impressions (again), nor too optimistic, only to be mindscrewed in the end for the 23425th time.
What I write here are just "ifs", so you don't need to tell me that this or that ain't gonna happen.

It all started with Taniguchi's little talks about Kallen's supposedly essential role and the ZeroKallen bond in R2, which, ironically turned out to be baits on the rod and unfortunately got us hooked. Good for those who weren't, for you didn't need to go through all this.

I've been a diehard Kallen fan ever since Stage 9 and quite thankful that back then in S1 there was little place for her in the romance plot. Yet I somehow did thought about possibilities of a disillusioned Kallen raging at the one she once had such great faith in.

"憧れは理解から最も远い感情だよ "was the very line that described Hinamori's blind devotion/admiration to Aizen, and such was Kallen's case.

You admire him, you long for him, but you know nothing about him.

Such kind of 憧れ crashed at the end of S1, and Kallen's prolonged journey in R2 was a journey of picking up the pieces and putting them together, recreating the picture of Lelouch.
Her falling in love with him was sort of a...side effect, which doesn't matter that much to her character development. Bad for us shippers indeed, it has never been about how to get into Lelouch's pants, it's getting to know the real him behind his walls and masks.

And during the whole journey, she did get to know Lelouch Lamperouge, Siscon Lelouch, the Lelouch behind Zero, but not the current Lelouch vi Britannia, who has now made himself enemy of the world. Even Anya commented in Turn 24, that she "dislikes what Lelouch has become".

It's quite unfair to blame Kallen's rather blinded rage at him, because the single aspect we audience know more than she does is that Lelouch is up to something.

So, if Taniguchi didn't lie to us, if Kallen still has her essential role to fulfill, we could expect her finally breaking through his walls, ripping off his masks and getting the truth from him, for us.
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-22, 00:44   Link #13040
Nikusu

Send a message via AIM to Nikusu Send a message via MSN to Nikusu
So this episode sucked for Kalulu fans. I'm just going to throw this out there, but there's two reasons for hope and one has been stated numerous times:

1. All of her development leading up to this? This was her "essential" role?
2. Why is the show still stressing that Kallen is breaking away from Lelouch? Despite the crap Kalulu fans have gone through, she's said goodbye to him 3 times now in the last 6 episodes. Why?

Not only are they putting so much screen time on Kallen's development, they're devoting a lot of screen time to Kallen's difficulty of letting go. This could be for one of two reasons:

1. It'll make it all the more tragic when Lelouch/Kallen has died.
2. It'll be easier to absorb (and not so WTF all of a sudden) when she breaks and goes back to him.

Of course I'm probably way off base, but I won't jump ship so I have to keep the faith!
Nikusu is offline   Reply With Quote