AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru... Index [LN/M] - Genesis Testament Volume 2 Rating
Perfect 10 5 27.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 2 11.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 5 27.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-07-21, 10:21   Link #81
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Regarding Anna, here's my theory.

She's the reincarnation of Mary Magdalene (or maybe the Virgin Mary).

2000 years ago, she watched Jesus work himself to the bone and even sacrifice his life to save people, which is why she hates the idea of Touma or anyone running around saving people.

When she reincarnated as Anna, she joined the Rosicrucians and mastered magic so she could teach it to other people and they could save themselves with it, so that one person wouldn't have to take up the burden.

That's why she allowed Westcott to use the Rosicrucian name to start the Golden Dawn even if it was against the cabal's rules, because she knew that someone from there would create modern Western magic and the work kit to spread magic even further.

But in the end, all the people she taught didn't learn what she was teaching them properly and only ended up using her name for their prestige, and the Golden cabal ended up breaking apart before completing their goal, so Anna lost faith in people understanding her.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-24, 12:42   Link #82
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Looking at Aihana's power again...
Who thinks that Indian Poker is based off that?

Wait... Didn't Aogami said he doesn't need Indian Poker too?
Huh... interesting... That's very interesting actually.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-29, 17:49   Link #83
alex_drian

Something I'm really curious is what is the deal with Aiwass. For one his appearance in the battlefield saved Mikoto and Misaki of what appeared to be certain death. The change is his appearance (btw, birdman Aiwass looks cooler to me) and the fact that he was uncomfortably silent the whole book. The dude is usually a chatterbox.

Another observation is that this volume confirms that Touma is a esper, whatever level actually is, because he actually suffer the effects of magic use. Actually we didn't where sure with the memory lost and that that Touma actually received whatever training or medication as the rest of the espers. So the question is if Touma is effectively a Lv 0 or how much of the strange stuff that he pull somethings are his true esper powers that are negated 24/7 by Imagine Breaker.

Last edited by alex_drian; 2020-07-29 at 18:05.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-31, 01:55   Link #84
Tenzen12

He also covered for Alister. All things considered, he seem to obliged to work for Anna but feel close to none loyality in doing so.

My guess, he really taken liking his former pal
Old 2020-08-01, 00:11   Link #85
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Something I'm really curious is what is the deal with Aiwass. For one his appearance in the battlefield saved Mikoto and Misaki of what appeared to be certain death. The change is his appearance (btw, birdman Aiwass looks cooler to me) and the fact that he was uncomfortably silent the whole book. The dude is usually a chatterbox.
I am taking this as a sign that he is preparing to make Anna getting trolled, much like Alister.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-01, 08:22   Link #86
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

^
I feel like Aiwass has found a more entertaining master and wanted to get free of Anna asap.
Old 2020-08-03, 21:55   Link #87
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post

Another observation is that this volume confirms that Touma is a esper, whatever level actually is, because he actually suffer the effects of magic use. Actually we didn't where sure with the memory lost and that that Touma actually received whatever training or medication as the rest of the espers. So the question is if Touma is effectively a Lv 0 or how much of the strange stuff that he pull somethings are his true esper powers that are negated 24/7 by Imagine Breaker.
Nope, those side effects happen to anyone that has gone through the curriculum, even level zeros with no potential powers at all. All that we know is that Touma has gone through the curriculum, not that he is an esper, although if we were to take this volume at face value, it does hint that Touma's essence is definitely of the science side, because if he was of the magic side or had magical potential, St. Germain would have definitely noticed and comment on it.
Old 2020-08-08, 13:50   Link #88
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Very short SS

Spoiler for 1 page:
Old 2020-08-12, 08:37   Link #89
alex_drian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Nope, those side effects happen to anyone that has gone through the curriculum, even level zeros with no potential powers at all. All that we know is that Touma has gone through the curriculum, not that he is an esper, although if we were to take this volume at face value, it does hint that Touma's essence is definitely of the science side, because if he was of the magic side or had magical potential, St. Germain would have definitely noticed and comment on it.
Errrm, a Lv 0 are espers and actually have powers even only they are so so minuscule that can't affect the world.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-08-12, 09:21   Link #90
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Lvl 0s are still considered espers IIRC. At the very least, they are no longer standard humans
Old 2020-08-19, 11:43   Link #91
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Wasn't Touma confirmed to be an esper after the Rensa thing? Plus, since Aleister deliberately created Academy City after predicting that Touma would possess Imagine Breaker, whatever esper power he has is not exactly the same as IB.

Old 2020-08-19, 13:47   Link #92
Tenzen12

Yes, Touma is esper... and his level is ZERO. Ie he is esper without any power whatsoever.
Old 2020-08-19, 14:26   Link #93
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Yes, Touma is esper... and his level is ZERO. Ie he is esper without any power whatsoever.
That just isn't true, as the incident with Rensa demonstrated. The Kimi incident proved that Level 0's aren't necessarily powerless.

Old 2020-08-19, 15:37   Link #94
Tenzen12

Of course they aren't necessarily powerless. Some might have God eating dragons in their body sealed by universe savepoint
Old 2020-08-19, 22:15   Link #95
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

The director and Seria concluded Touma is level 0 but not an actual esper.
Old 2020-10-14, 15:43   Link #96
Twi

Hmm... I actually liked this volume. It had the Magic and Science sides both working together to try and deal with the threat from Anna by cooperating on a microscale: Two of the strongest Espers try to hold the line against Anna, Two of the most knowledgeable Magicians use their knowledge to help the victims, and Touma/St. Germain working together to punch her in the face.

Mind you, the Espers couldn't do jack all against Anna because power-scaling in this series leans heavily on the magic side and that's Touma's job.

Last edited by Twi; 2020-10-14 at 16:02.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-14, 22:29   Link #97
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Mind you, the Espers couldn't do jack all against Anna because power-scaling in this series leans heavily on the magic side and that's Touma's job.
It's not just a matter of power. MisaMisa lost so badly because they didn't know anything about magic and couldn't come up with counter-measures.

Old 2020-10-15, 13:21   Link #98
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It's not just a matter of power. MisaMisa lost so badly because they didn't know anything about magic and couldn't come up with counter-measures.
MisaMisa... catchy.

I know they weren't around when Birdway was lecturing the others in New Testament 2, but didn't Misaka start fighting against Magic Gods after the High Priest called her out on being weak. I thought that might have been when Misaka would have learned something, but I overlooked a lot of things after Volume 11. If Othinius had gone with them they might have stood a chance then since she's similar to Index as a portable reference point.
Old 2020-10-16, 08:46   Link #99
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Mikoto asked a lot of questions when she paired up with Birdway in Hawaii and against Othinus but like Accelerator she probably won't 'get it' until she has to try manipulating magic herself. And its a numbering reset too so like NT2 it needed an excuse to go over some of the basics again.

Speaking of resets I was a bit concerned for MisaMisa but thankfully the bee doesn't seem like she's going anywhere.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-16, 09:45   Link #100
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
MisaMisa... catchy.

I know they weren't around when Birdway was lecturing the others in New Testament 2, but didn't Misaka start fighting against Magic Gods after the High Priest called her out on being weak. I thought that might have been when Misaka would have learned something, but I overlooked a lot of things after Volume 11. If Othinius had gone with them they might have stood a chance then since she's similar to Index as a portable reference point.
Pretty sure Misaka has never fought any magic gods aside from High Priest. She has been steadily ignoring magic every time she sees it, so even when hears some disjointed explanation when she's around it, it never really stuck.