AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - Genesis Testament 7 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2022-04-08, 23:10   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - Genesis Testament 7 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index LN, Genesis Testament 7.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past Genesis Testament 7] must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Souyaku To Aru Majutsu no Index 7
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Illustrator: Haimura Kiyotaka
Release Date: September 10, 2022
Pages: 344
ISBN: 978-4-04-914585-4

Spoiler for summary:
Spoiler for Spoiler for summary:

Spoiler for Spoiler for cover image:

Last edited by LKK; 2022-09-15 at 12:45.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-15, 22:16   Link #2
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Spoiler for GT7:

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-17, 04:03   Link #3
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Are we finally going to see Aiwass' final form next volume?
I knew Anna is saving him as trump card, but didn't expect her to pull the card now.
But with the new revelation we have here, I guess Jesus Christ is not who she meant when mentioning the person 2000 years ago. It seems the person who tried save everyone 2000 years ago is herself.

On the other hand, Touma has become increasingly worthless to the point of exceeding my expectations. Which is annoying. He is border lining Kanami level of fail, but he still gets away with plot armor and all that.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-17, 17:17   Link #4
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I'm looking forward to learning more about Sprengel next volume; I'm guessing we'll also learn more about the Rosicrucians next, perhaps even a Rosenkruez plug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
On the other hand, Touma has become increasingly worthless to the point of exceeding my expectations. Which is annoying. He is border lining Kanami level of fail, but he still gets away with plot armor and all that.
Eh, you're being pretty tough on the guy, the way he lolnoped Aleister was actually quite hilarious to me.

Old 2022-09-17, 21:30   Link #5
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Outside the lingering mystery of Anna, I wonder what Kazuma is trying to convey with Bridge Brigade.
And this volume revealed, they are just a bunch of short cut taker baking off Aleister's methods.
The ascension Aleister speak of is through proper training. You need the mental fortitude to overcome Coronzon to attain 8=3, and from there you heighten your wisdom to attain to the cosmic truth as 9=2, and finally take step further to become 10=1 by creating your own law that defins you as you.
But the members of the Brigade are just short cuts takers who adopted make shift ascension through, a lack of better word: "molding" themselves with fabrications.
They lay out fabricated narratives, than sets the requirements that validates those fabrications into giving them false God hood. Then download such godhood onto themselves to give them power. A crafty but shallow way to falsely mold their exterior to appear as if 10=1 is achieved.
Ultimately they try to create a bigger result by aligning multiple narrative together as the Brigade.
Geeish, they are certainly no stars that Aleister preached. One needs to ascend to at least 8=3 to be referred as such.
And no wonder Accel find it hard to resist to go out and deal with them himself. A full fledged 8=3 like him could have disposed of them easily.

I think this is one of the Anna parallels that's on going.
Anna is disappointed of humanity because they twisted her teachings and not heed her advices.
And now we have the Bridge Brigade distorting Aleister's teaching to the point that Aleister is regretting of his invention of Magick. system.
While the Brigade members are channeling power from their fabricated gods, Anna is the window of Aiwass the full fledged 10=1.
I guess Anna purposely trying to make a mess out of the Brigade not just for fun, but because she takes it personally. As in the Brigade reminded her the people distorted her teachings.

As of Alice, I felt Anna is trying to make Alice in to a parallel of her. So Alice will experience the same pain she had experience. More precisely, she try to recreate her past mentioned in the interval chapters onto Alice.
When Alice going all sobbing with "sensei dislike girl with super power like me?", I am sure Anna is all "just as planned" inside.

Last edited by shmaster; 2022-09-19 at 17:38.
Old 2022-09-17, 23:27   Link #6
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

That would explain why Anna went out of her way to introduce Touma to her. As long as Touma is Touma, Anna probably figures that Alice will inevitably end up reaching the same conclusions as her.

This also begs the question of why Kingsford allowed Touma to run off from Sprengel. Maybe she feels Touma is what Sprengel needs?

Old 2022-09-18, 00:59   Link #7
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

As worthless as Touma is, he is just that stubborn. And after the ordeal with Othinus, that man just won't break.
Most importantly, Touma doesn't really think.
He might just be the person who can tank all the emotion Sprengel is trying to vent and at the same time won't misinterpret her.

On the other hand, there is one thing I couldn't figure out.
Unlike the Brigade who relies on fabrication, Sprengel is fixated on taking credit for what Kingsford had done.
We don't know who she was 2000 years ago, but she definitely wasn't Anna Sprengel back then.
Why an ancient being like her wants to be Kingsford's imposter so much.
She is hysterical when she stressed that the person who sent the letter to Westcott has to be her. The person who is behind the establishment of the Golden Cabal has to be her. It is not Kingsford who did it, it has to be me.
Just what significance Kingsford's achievements hold that Sprengel wants to take credit for it so much?

Last edited by shmaster; 2022-09-18 at 12:49.
Old 2022-09-18, 05:54   Link #8
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Touma figured that out back in GT2.

Sprengel hates herself so much that she needs to cling to the fantasy of being legendary magician Anna Sprengel. It's not about any specific achievement, just the status of being someone special.

See, the boy does think, just with a weird focus and sporadically at that. Then again, he'd be off to the rubber room otherwise, probably.

Old 2022-09-18, 10:25   Link #9
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
As worthless as Touma is, he is just that stubborn. And after the ordeal with Othinus, that man just won't break.
Most importantly, Touma doesn't really think.
He might just be the person who can tank all the emotion Sprengel is trying to vent and at the same time won't misinterpret her.
If To Aru is to be believed, the key to effective communication with others is bull-headedness

Anyway, with Kingsford being this high up the tier, what are the chances she's at least a 9=2?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2022-09-18 at 11:05.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-18, 12:49   Link #10
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I say definitely? She is still above the current Aleister who is 8=3. And what she said to Sprengel from the previous volume sounds like something a 9=2 will say.
But then, she predates that ranking system anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Touma figured that out back in GT2.

Sprengel hates herself so much that she needs to cling to the fantasy of being legendary magician Anna Sprengel. It's not about any specific achievement, just the status of being someone special.

See, the boy does think, just with a weird focus and sporadically at that. Then again, he'd be off to the rubber room otherwise, probably.
Definitely agree on Sprengel's self hate and want to escape from herself by being somebody else.
But I don't think she choose Kingsford by random.
I suspect what Kingsford had achieved something that can make up for what Sprengel failed to do in ancient days.
And I find Sprengel's sharp focus on the establishment of the golden cabal is connected to that and a hint to her real identity. But hadn't able to figure it out.

Last edited by shmaster; 2022-09-23 at 19:10.
Old 2022-09-18, 14:45   Link #11
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
If To Aru is to be believed, the key to effective communication with others is bull-headedness
That plus a lack of bias.

Quote:
I say definitely? She is still above the current Aleister who is 8=3. And what she said to Sprengel from the previous volume sounds like something a 9=2 will day.But then, she predates that ranking system anyway.
Knowing her, she'd just ask what was the point of all these complicated rankings.

Quote:
Definitely agree on Sprengel's self hate and want to escape from herself by being somebody else.
But I don't think she choose Kingsford by random.
I suspect what Kingsford had achieved sonething that can make up for what Sprengel failed to do in ancient days.
It could be anything. Maybe it's Kingsford being an actual successful teacher. Maybe Westcott creating the Sprengel Letters was enough to make a what if of Kinfsford possible and someone just jumped at the chance.

Quote:
And I find Sprengel's sharp focus on the establishment of the golden cabal is connected to that and a hint to her real identity. But hadn't able to figure it out.
I'm not so sure on this. Sprengel could be focused on this because it's the core of the legend. Without that foundation, Anna Sprengel cannot exist.

I do wonder if her being able to connect with Aiwass might be a clue though. Is she someone like Lilith who had the power of miracles?

Old 2022-09-18, 21:13   Link #12
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
I say definitely? She is still above the current Aleister who is 8=3. And what she said to Sprengel from the previous volume sounds like something a 9=2 will say.
But then, she predates that ranking system anyway.
Aiwass should be the oldest though, and he still is considered at the top of that system
Old 2022-09-18, 21:33   Link #13
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Aiwass should be the oldest though, and he still is considered at the top of that system
Funny that though. Aiwass only exists (or was known) by that name after Kingsford's time, which technically makes him the youngest.

But he must have existed under some other identity beforehand. I wonder if this is the core of the mystery here.

Old 2022-09-19, 18:27   Link #14
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

The most mind blowing twist: Aiwass was once known as Christian Rosenkruetz back in the old days.

I'll break down and laugh, and mock Kazuma a lunatic and praise him a genius at the same time if that's what he's cooking I his pot.

Last edited by shmaster; 2022-09-23 at 19:18.
Old 2022-09-22, 05:48   Link #15
DragonXX

Quote:
Outside the lingering mystery of Anna, I wonder what Kazuma is trying to convey with Bridge Brigade.
And this volume revealed, they are just a bunch of short cut taker baking off Aleister's methods.
The ascension Aleister speak of is through proper training. You need the mental fortitude to overcome Coronzon to attain 8=3, and from there you heighten your wisdom to attain to the cosmic truth as 9=2, and finally take step further to become 10=1 by creating your own law that defins you as you.
But the members of the Brigade are just short cuts takers who adopted make shift ascension through, a lack of better word: "molding" themselves with fabrications.
They lay out fabricated narratives, than sets the requirements that validates those fabrications into giving them false God hood. Then download such godhood onto themselves to give them power. A crafty but shallow way to falsely mold their exterior to appear as if 10=1 is achieved.
Ultimately they try to create a bigger result by aligning multiple narrative together as the Brigade.
Geeish, they are certainly no stars that Aleister preached. One needs to ascend to at least 8=3 to be referred as such.
And no wonder Accel find it hard to resist to go out and deal with them himself. A full fledged 8=3 like him could have disposed of them easily.

I think this is one of the Anna parallels that's on going.
Anna is disappointed of humanity because they twisted her teachings and not heed her advices.
And now we have the Bridge Brigade distorting Aleister's teaching to the point that Aleister is regretting of his invention of Magick. system.
While the Brigade members are channeling power from their fabricated gods, Anna is the window of Aiwass the full fledged 10=1.
I guess Anna purposely trying to make a mess out of the Brigade not just for fun, but because she takes it personally. As in the Brigade reminded her the people distorted her teachings.

As of Alice, I felt Anna is trying to make Alice in to a parallel of her. So Alice will experience the same pain she had experience. More precisely, she try to recreate her past mentioned in the interval chapters onto Alice.
When Alice going all sobbing with "sensei dislike girl with super power like me?", I am sure Anna is all "just as planned" inside.
She likely is trying to do that too Alice because she trying to prove that she is right in how she is currently acting and that if someone goes through the same thing as her they will end up just like her. No one will truly show up to save Alice but it likely what going to made her have a full mental breakdown in the coming volume or two when Touma or someone else does save"Alice".

As for why Sprengel want to be Kingsford's impostor so much, may be less about needing it for something but because Kingsford is like her in someway. Yet Kingsford didn't turn out like Sprengel did, even after likely going through something like Sprengel did in the past that made Sprengel's give up on everything in the world. So it less about needing something from being the so call founder of golden cabal but trying to destroy and pollute, what left of Kingsford's legacy into a complete horrible Abomination or for Kingsford to be forgotten forever. All of it to justified acting like a piece of shit like she is doing at the moment to humanity because of how bad some part of humanity mess up in the past when she gave them a chance.

Not understanding there will likely always be at least one person around you that will abuse everything you do and give them and act like a piece of shit. Then by being a piece of shit they will ruin the life of the people around them and then likely made said people fall to evil and suffering. Making more people act like a piece of shit and then continue to infect more people with becoming human trash like them, to become a cancer on humanity as a whole.

Last edited by DragonXX; 2022-09-22 at 06:02.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-09-25, 21:49   Link #16
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Volume is complete!

You know what I would love to see next volume? Alice winning against Sprengel by denying her selfish plan to screw up her life just to feel better about herself. That would be a sight for sore eyes no doubt.