AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Genesis Testament 8 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 12.50%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 37.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 12.50%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2023-05-11, 23:35   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - Genesis Testament 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index, Genesis Testament 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past Genesis Testament 8) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Soyaku To Aru Majutsu no Index 8
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Illustrator: Haimura Kiyotaka
Release Date: May 10, 2023
Pages: 360
ISBN: 978-4-04-915010-0

Spoiler for summary:
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-20, 21:25   Link #2
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I am surprised that Tiuma thought the Bridge Brigade members are real deal, how stupid can he get? They are do obviously fake.

Oh hi there, Christian Rosenkruetz, I have been waiting for you. Bridge Brigade are truly stupid to think you are a nice guy.
I know Bridge Brigade are not much, but they are truly pathetic clowns now.

But Touma, why aren't you bringing Anna to Heaven Canceller? She is still breathing, the frog face will save her just fine.
Asking Alice for help is the dumbest thing to do, as there is no guarantee she'll help. Can't wait to see your expression when you find out Alice is already dead.

But who could have guessed it is this easy to make Anna into a nice girl. She hates everyone and everything because no one follows her teachings properly. In other words, if there is one person who follows her words correctly, she would never forsake the person. She just wanted to be a good teacher, and she'll truly be a no body if she can't protect a proper student.

Though, surprised to see Kingsford confirming that Sprengel is capable of doing everything she said she can. So Kingsford is fine with Sprengel assuming the identity of the Anna that established the foundation of modern magic.
Sprengel just lack the self awareness that she already have what it takes to be the Anna she want to be.

Last edited by shmaster; 2023-05-22 at 23:01.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 22:07   Link #3
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I am surprised that Tiuma thought the Bridge Brigade members are real deal, how stupid can he get? They are do obviously fake.
Remember, this is the man who instantly sided with Kazakiri, he just doesn't think of people like that.

Quote:
But Touma, why aren't you bringing Anna to Heaven Canceller? She is still breathing, the frog face will save her just fine.
Asking Alice for help is the dumbest thing to do, as there is no guarantee she'll help. Can't wait to see your expression when you find out Alice is already dead.
Wasn't the issue that she got hit with the Shrink Drink? Even Heaven Canceller can't fix stuff he doesn't know about.

Quote:
But who could have guessed it is this easy to make Anna into a nice girl. She hates everyone and everything because no one follows her teachings properly. In other words, if there is one person who follows her words correctly, she would never forsake the person. She just wanted to be a good teacher, and she'll truly be a no body if she can't protect a proper student.
She was blaring it from the rooftops since Day 1. Hopefully this somehow leads to Anna becoming MisaMisa's magic instructors.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-22, 23:06   Link #4
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Wasn't the issue that she got hit with the Shrink Drink? Even Heaven Canceller can't fix stuff he doesn't know about.
Shrink Drink is gone, IB can deal with that. They just don't know how to deal with the wound that was created by it.
But I see frig face having no problem with it as he doesn't have to deal with the Shrink Drink itself.
At worst, he can turn her into a cyborg like the other Anna.
Old 2023-05-30, 11:41   Link #5
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Shrink Drink is gone, IB can deal with that. They just don't know how to deal with the wound that was created by it.
But I see frig face having no problem with it as he doesn't have to deal with the Shrink Drink itself.
At worst, he can turn her into a cyborg like the other Anna.
I'm not sure he can deal with the aftereffects if even Gold Old Mary couldn't fix it.

Now that the volume is done, it was a pretty standard transitional. I did really love the scene with Chris though. If he is indeed the previous generation of Imagine Breaker, then he'll be a fun enemy for Touma.

Old 2023-05-30, 14:39   Link #6
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I just like how he thoroughly mocked the Bridge Brigade.
Those enlightened ones does not speak much, especially between each other as they have little need to use words. They are only loquacious when they lower themselves to the level below them to provide an explanation. Like how Kingsford and Rosenkreutz traded very little words as they engage to battle.
While Christian spent almost two pages just to point out how dumb the Bridgade is.
That is one of the best incompetent antagonists blow up on themselves moment that Kamachi had written.

Last edited by shmaster; 2023-05-30 at 18:07.
Old 2023-05-30, 16:51   Link #7
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Trismegistus' reaction was gold too. The man's whole world fell out from under him.

Old 2023-05-30, 21:12   Link #8
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Chris was hella entertaining, and he gave a Regulus Corneas Rant to boot.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-31, 09:53   Link #9
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeMancer View Post
Chris was hella entertaining, and he gave a Regulus Corneas Rant to boot.
Nah, not enough misogyny for it to be a Regulus rant.

Also, why did Kazu-kun come in and give the volume a 1? I didn't even know he read the series.

Old 2023-07-07, 06:03   Link #10
DragonXX

Quote:
Nah, not enough misogyny for it to be a Regulus rant.

Also, why did Kazu-kun come in and give the volume a 1? I didn't even know he read the series.
He may not read it, and just hate the series for some reason. I don't know why he would waste his time giving it a one but some people do.

Last edited by DragonXX; 2023-07-07 at 06:20.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-09, 08:22   Link #11
Ksaraf23

The fact there’s very few posts in the discussion for this novel shows how far GT has fallen in terms of user engagement.

It’s kinda sad to see.
Ksaraf23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-26, 12:23   Link #12
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
He may not read it, and just hate the series for some reason. I don't know why he would waste his time giving it a one but some people do.
Spoiler for maybe:
Old 2023-09-26, 12:31   Link #13
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Spoiler for maybe:
Spoiler for huh?:

Old 2023-10-02, 12:49   Link #14
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Spoiler for huh?:
Exactly, aka Never

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2023-10-12 at 07:52.
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote