AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2020-06-02, 06:59   Link #1
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Genesis Testament Volume 2

Release Date: July 10th, 2020

Goodbye 24th. On the 25th, its my turn to go full throttle and give it my all ☆
>As soon as he realized, Kamijou was in the hospital. What awaited there was... not the denunciation of that event between Kamijou and Anna, but a nursing rush by Index, the Sisters, Misaka and Shokuhou!?

Images
textless cover
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

This is a thread to speculate about developments in Volume 02 of the GenesisTestament Light Novels. Please use the appropriate thread if you want to discuss things that have already happened in released volumes.

Please stay on-topic.

No pointless chatter
No posting raws or novel illustrations
No posting translations of the novels themselves
No asking about when translations will be done
No posts only to update people about translation status (or to just say that something's "out")
No posts only to thank translators (please us PM or VM instead)

If you want to discuss a related topic, please feel free to request another thread be created about that topic.
Old 2020-06-02, 07:54   Link #2
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Judging by the star in the text ibgues this time it's Misaki's turn this volume?
Old 2020-06-02, 07:54   Link #3
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Judging by the star in the text ibgues this time it's Misaki's turn this volume?
Old 2020-06-02, 08:11   Link #4
devil_slayer

He really pushing this Misaka/Misaki narrative, isn't he? these popularity polls really had an impact on the story. Misaka was just a side character in most stories and Misaki wasn't even in freaking OT.

I really wonder what with the sudden interest in overusing characters like Misaka and Misaki when he barely used them when his series was in all-time high popularity-wise. Is this just a desperate attempt to sell because the sales of the novel are pretty lackluster nowadays?

I am not complaining, but if he really wanna cash in on these characters' popularity in the main story then he really should drop the spin-offs that focus on them. He's been recycling between the same 6-7 characters for few years now. A spin-off about Gunha would be better for example instead of just shoving Misaka in everything in 2 series and Misaki being on 50% of Astral buddy pages.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-02, 09:13   Link #5
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
He really pushing this Misaka/Misaki narrative, isn't he? these popularity polls really had an impact on the story. Misaka was just a side character in most stories and Misaki wasn't even in freaking OT.

I really wonder what with the sudden interest in overusing characters like Misaka and Misaki when he barely used them when his series was in all-time high popularity-wise. Is this just a desperate attempt to sell because the sales of the novel are pretty lackluster nowadays?

I am not complaining, but if he really wanna cash in on these characters' popularity in the main story then he really should drop the spin-offs that focus on them. He's been recycling between the same 6-7 characters for few years now. A spin-off about Gunha would be better for example instead of just shoving Misaka in everything in 2 series and Misaki being on 50% of Astral buddy pages.
I am thinking that Misaki is playing an important part in this volume because she going to be using her power to fix Touma's mind after the Black Pill
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-02, 09:39   Link #6
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
I am thinking that Misaki is playing an important part in this volume because she going to be using her power to fix Touma's mind after the Black Pill
This is a possibility. But Touma went memory destruction and not lost/forgotten. WELL, its magic. Misaki probably has use but cashcowbiribiri isn't
Old 2020-06-02, 10:20   Link #7
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
Inb4 Touma remembers Misaki for few hours then forget her just so Kamachi can get a fill of his usual Misaki torture.

Really getting tired of this...
Old 2020-06-02, 10:43   Link #8
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Why would he stop using them in spinoffs when they're popular?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-02, 10:49   Link #9
devil_slayer

As far I am aware Accel manga sales are pretty low.
Old 2020-06-02, 10:57   Link #10
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
As far I am aware Accel manga sales are pretty low.
Accel manga's art is ... questionable. And in any case, it managed to get an anime, so it must be doing something right.

I don't believe Astral Buddy and Railgun have any issues with sales.

Old 2020-06-02, 11:17   Link #11
devil_slayer

I was talking about the narrative a perspective more than anything.

I am aware that they have to continue some of these spin-offs because of profit, but it just feels wrong for them to keep focusing on the same characters again and again despite the series having a very huge set of casts. Especially when said characters are already heavily promoted in other spin-offs. Misaki for example in one-half of Astral buddy pages.

I know some won't agree with me, but I can shake the feeling that this recycling of the same characters is just a desperate attempt to revive the main series that went downhill sales-wise due to drop in quality mid-NT and a series of question marketing decisions.
Old 2020-06-02, 11:45   Link #12
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:

I am aware that they have to continue some of these spin-offs because of profit, but it just feels wrong for them to keep focusing on the same characters again and again despite the series having a very huge set of casts. Especially when said characters are already heavily promoted in other spin-offs. Misaki for example in one-half of Astral buddy pages.
The selling point of the spin-offs is that they have smaller casts compared to the main series. People read them because they want to see Misaka/Misaki having adventures with their friends.

Old 2020-06-02, 11:52   Link #13
Tenzen12

Quote:

I know some won't agree with me, but I can shake the feeling that this recycling of the same characters is just a desperate attempt to revive the main series that went downhill sales-wise due to drop in quality mid-NT and a series of question marketing decisions.
Misaki is pretty much only characters with still unresolved plotline. She also benefits from being Misaka's foil. Makoto in other hand pretty much both main heroine as well as main love interest at this point.

Personally I want see much more of Kanzaki and Fukyose then I got, but I do think it can't be really helped.
Old 2020-06-02, 12:38   Link #14
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Misaki is pretty much only characters with still unresolved plotline. She also benefits from being Misaka's foil. Makoto in other hand pretty much both main heroine as well as main love interest at this point.

Personally I want see much more of Kanzaki and Fukyose then I got, but I do think it can't be really helped.
At this point Misaki can barely be called Mikoto's foil, even less a main love interest (cuz mc isn't interested to begin with )

Regarding the forgotten cast, supposedly the author said he's going to feature them again for this new series... Not like he has a choice IMO, a truckload of characters introduced on NT didn't leave an impact except for 2 or 3 characters.
Old 2020-06-02, 13:24   Link #15
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post

This is a joke if I ever heard one.

Mikoto is the one who is deepst in freindzone.
Old 2020-06-02, 13:38   Link #16
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
At this point Misaki can barely be called Mikoto's foil, even less a main love interest (cuz mc isn't interested to begin with )
Quote:
This is a joke if I ever heard one.

Mikoto is the one who is deepst in freindzone.
Misaki is still going strong as Mikoto's frenemy and judging from GT 1, she'll be continuing in that vein.

Popularity talks, so by that metric, Mikoto is still in first place in terms of potential love interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Regarding the forgotten cast, supposedly the author said he's going to feature them again for this new series... Not like he has a choice IMO, a truckload of characters introduced on NT didn't leave an impact except for 2 or 3 characters.
I hadn't heard that. Though it would be nice to see old characters coming back.

Old 2020-06-02, 13:59   Link #17
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

That's weird logic with popularity and so far it hasn't given any fruit after 15+ years.
Old 2020-06-02, 14:15   Link #18
tsunade666

That logic is believable. she stays there even though she's not important plot wise. money talks.
Old 2020-06-02, 14:29   Link #19
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
That logic is believable. she stays there even though she's not important plot wise. money talks.
I mean fruits beyond that.
For comparison
Spoiler for RnO:
Old 2020-06-02, 14:34   Link #20
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Yeah she's irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things, he's likely forced to add her for money but he's not obligated to answer the prays of her shippers once the series end.