AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2020-06-02, 14:34   Link #21
Tenzen12

I am not sure if it is necessarilly about money. Mikoto was one who was actually pushing Touma to accept other people (mainly herself) help for long time... until he received what might amount sole character development he got in whole franchise and he indeed consistently depend on her ever since.

Of course she is most popular female character from very early point, so Kamachi might use popularity as metric, but it could also come simply from character interactions.
Old 2020-06-02, 15:00   Link #22
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_slayer View Post
Yeah she's irrelevant in the bigger scheme of things, he's likely forced to add her for money but he's not obligated to answer the prays of her shippers once the series end.
*Has a reminiscence of several series whose popular heroines didn't win*
Old 2020-06-02, 16:04   Link #23
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
I mean fruits beyond that.
For comparison
Spoiler for RnO:
That reminds of NT15, when BiriBiri was on almost every illustration, but she had like 3 scenes in the actual volumes

Tbh Accel's popularity is just as insane. At least Mikoto was just a side character when they announced her spin-off, Accel got 2 spin-offs and he has a shitload of screentime and important role within the main story.

I hope the success of Astral buddy make them re-think their stupid strategy
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-02, 16:05   Link #24
tsunade666

Quote:
*Has a reminiscence of several series whose popular heroines didn't wjnzl*
This is also true and sadly, the girl that has important role for being the magical library is being turn/treated into useless house glutton pet. Index is a waste of character. It also didn't help that index franchise has lots of colorful character that most are beign thrown into bin with only once in several volumes or once appearance for entire series.
Old 2020-06-02, 16:19   Link #25
devil_slayer

I always felt that Kamachi didn't know what to do with her character after mid-parts of OT. By the time NT came, he stopped even trying.

My opinion about this subject was always "either make use of her character or send her back to England" but kamachi keep insisting on this "Touma and Index belong together " narrative even after Loa was dealt with. It's part of the reason why I don't take the the other girls shipping tease seriously.
Old 2020-06-02, 16:40   Link #26
Tenzen12

"Belong together" is massive overstatement. Index current status is really barely more then house pet. Chances Touma would sent
d her away is around same as he getting rid of Sphynx and have little to no relation to shipping.

Basically: Misaka > Othinus > Misaki > every other heroine Alistair and all sisters included > Index/Sphynx
Old 2020-06-02, 16:54   Link #27
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
"Belong together" is massive overstatement. Index current status is really barely more then house pet. Chances Touma would sent
d her away is around same as he getting rid of Sphynx and have little to no relation to shipping.

Basically: Misaka > Othinus > Misaki > every other heroine Alistair and all sisters included > Index/Sphynx
That's wishful thinking for a shipper and nonsense for LN readers, nt22r pretty much settles what is like for relationship dynamics for the 4 characters involved.
Popularity hasn't changed it so far and I doubt it will at this point.
Old 2020-06-02, 16:56   Link #28
devil_slayer

Smh

Looks like someone missed NT22R

I love Misaki as much as the next guy, but her chances are almost nonexistent. Same with Othinus who was turned into a fairy
Old 2020-06-02, 16:59   Link #29
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Smh

Looks like someone missed NT22R
I'm an empty shipper, my two ships sank during OT, after they where put on a bus. At least my eye for that improved since then with other works .

Misaki got schadenfreude-zoned hard by Kamachi.
Old 2020-06-02, 17:03   Link #30
devil_slayer

Quote:
I'm an empty shipper, my two ships sank during OT, after they where put on a bus. At least my eye for that improved since then with other works .

Misaki got schadenfreude-zoned hard by Kamachi.
My replay was meant for the user above tbh.
Old 2020-06-02, 17:06   Link #31
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
My replay was meant for the user above tbh.
I know I was just addressing you.
Old 2020-06-02, 17:06   Link #32
Tenzen12

Quote:
That's wishful thinking for a shipper and nonsense for LN readers, nt22r pretty much settles what is like for relationship dynamics for the 4 characters involved.
Popularity hasn't changed it so far and I doubt it will at this point.
I don't know man. Sound like you read different novel then me. Though I can't even imagine ANY novel where index would have chance or where she would be at least relevant.

Well I agree Misaki and Othinus has almost zero chance. It's still enough put them on second and third spot though.
Old 2020-06-02, 17:10   Link #33
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
I don't know man. Sound like you read different novel then me. Though I can't even imagine ANY novel where index would have chance or where she would be at least relevant.

Well I agree Misaki and Othinus has almost zero chance. It's still enough put them on second and third spot though.
It's the kind of situation when girl A ends being the "winner" people complain because B got more screentime/popularity. You might not like it but this where this series is headed to.

That's why devil slayer told you that.
Old 2020-06-02, 17:22   Link #34
Tenzen12

It does not matter who has more screen time or who is more popular. How good is ending depend on character interactions and development alone.

Well if Kamachi were hack like for example Negi, he of course could make any random girl winner (like Oriana, Agnes or Index), but assuming Kamachi isn't terrible writer that's not gonna happen.
Old 2020-06-02, 17:24   Link #35
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

So if he ends it the same way he did for OT1/22, & NTR22 automatically Kamachi is a bad writer , that's a serious naysayer case.
Old 2020-06-02, 17:31   Link #36
Tenzen12

Well duh. I recommend reread whole thing. Maybe you will realize it too.
Old 2020-06-02, 17:36   Link #37
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Well duh. I recommend reread whole thing. Maybe you will realize it too.
The same words should be applied on yourself, the development as little as there is exists but you're just denying it.
Old 2020-06-02, 17:38   Link #38
Tenzen12

Allow me quoter yourself: "That's wishful thinking for a shipper and nonsense for LN reader"

Well let's end it here. You can have last word if you wish.
Old 2020-06-02, 17:41   Link #39
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

It's a warning to avoid the same scenario that always happens and the old "told you" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 2020-06-02, 17:44   Link #40
devil_slayer

Quote:
It does not matter who has more screen time or who is more popular. How good is ending depend on character interactions and development alone.

Well if Kamachi were hack like for example Negi, he of course could make any random girl winner (like Oriana, Agnes or Index), but assuming Kamachi isn't terrible writer that's not gonna happen.
I have a hard time deciding whatever you are serious or not.

First of all romance in a secondary subject in Toaru, both you and I knows it exists as a bait for the readers and it has dragged for over 15 years now. Girls come and go and they crush on Touma one-sidedly while our MC is busy trying to survive against literal gods trying to ruins his life.

Who Touma "end up with" is hardly a measuring stick for Kmachi's writing. You have over 50 volumes to go back and read and then decide if Kamach is good writing or not. Kamachi can write a troll ending where Touma marry Orasola and it wouldn't matter much.

This is assuming such an ending would even happen in the first place. Touma dying or having an open ending where he goes on with his life alongside Othinus and Index with no romance impliction is much more likely.