AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - Genesis Testament 6 Rating
Perfect 10 0 0%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 4 80.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 0 0%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 20.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2022-04-08, 23:10   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - Genesis Testament 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index LN, Genesis Testament 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past Genesis Testament 6) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-09, 22:52   Link #2
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Spoiler:
Old 2022-04-09, 22:55   Link #3
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 17:18   Link #4
Twi

I don't know why I'm surprised that a Succubus is a literal thing in this series when we've hit just about every other mythological angle, including Valkyries.
Old 2022-04-12, 00:47   Link #5
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I think I understand where Kamachi is going for in the current story arc with him keep on stressing on the dispersion of information.
From Anna to Alice and her lackeys, they are all people wearing an identity of fabricated individuals from non cannon sources.
And these fabrication gain influences through wide spread of informations, be it accurate or not.
I can also see what Kamachi is trying to say by telling us to recognize the difference between Anna and the others.
The idea that Aradia and the succubus are playing with are much more primitive and basic in human behaviors. The also exercise direct magic control in spreading their influence.
While Anna is down the road of modernized information control, like how big corporates manipulate society by providing biased information. And she only does it by putting products on the shelf and nothing else.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-12, 11:22   Link #6
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
I think I understand where Kamachi is going for in the current story arc with him keep on stressing on the dispersion of information.
From Anna to Alice and her lackeys, they are all people wearing an identity of fabricated individuals from non cannon sources.
And these fabrication gain influences through wide spread of informations, be it accurate or not.
Yeah, everyone in Bridge Builders is not only a fabrication (or at the very least, a disputed existence) but they were all based on real people/events and were used to manipulate public opinion by providing legitimacy to organizations.

GT as a whole has been focusing a lot on how information is manipulated to affect change in society in various ways.

We have Sprengel, who gives out magic to unprepared people in order to tear down established order.

We have Aradia who manipulates morality and people's own impressions of their role in society from the perspective of a witch, someone viewed as the bottom rung in society.

We have Bologna who manipulates how people experience pleasure and pain, essentially the sexual experience itself as someone who advocates for the falsely accused, who historically have always been sex workers.

When you add in the weirdness of Alice and her origins, plus her connections to Aleister and Touma, it's all very interesting.

Old 2022-04-12, 11:50   Link #7
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I can't help but to believe Bridge Builder's divided opinion on Touma is also the part of Sprengel's manipulation via information.
The entire vol.6 occured simply because she told Alice there is thus one guy named Touma. And that was all she did, just like she did nothing but putting the coins on sale back in Handcuffs.
Then the things just fall apart on their own with Sprengel waltzing back in at the very end the reap the benefits again.
Old 2022-04-18, 06:36   Link #8
Naorin

Aradia's endless combo of attacks reminds me of the older unbalanced fighting games like the first Melty Blood. In one moment you're winning, in the next the opponent is throwing, kicking and stabbing you a trillion times and there's not much you can do to stop it. It feels so overwhelming and unfair, especially because of her whole "good deeds" thing.

Naked witches are nice and all but the truly most satisfying moment was seeing Sprengel make that expression. I'm in love with that final illustration.
Naorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 08:26   Link #9
LG-MAX 2.o

Are there dragons in this volume?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-18, 17:37   Link #10
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Looks like Touma's getting a new roommate. Seems the perquisite to living with him is having actually killed him in some form. He even amusingly admits this

But look at the sheer aesthetics of this lady. She's inhumanly attractive, how will Touma survive?
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-19, 07:22   Link #11
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Pretty good volume this time around. The scope was kept limited to the clash between Kamijou & Bologna Succubus VS Aradia and I thought it was effective in delivering the new information regarding the Transcendents and the Bridge Builders Cabal as well as an introductory exploration of the themes which shmaster brought up.

Commenting on the characters:

TL;DR…
Talking about all the characters.
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

My main complaint from the previous novels was that there was a lack of a grand plot holding the story together aside from Anna's shit-flinging. This novel has largely addressed that with linking Anna Sprengel, Anna Kingsford and Alice Anotherbible to the Golden Cabal and Aleister Crowley story elements. There's definitely something funny going on that we don't have all the details to.

There are still some outstanding plot points that need to be addressed:
  • Remember that whole Imagine Breaker/Kamijou no Touma mystery? Why the pause in movement on that front? Also Kamijou's right arm was cut off twice offscreen in this volume and there's no mention of whatever's inside coming out?
  • Also Aihana Etsu and possibility of returning Kamjiou's memory? Why did Alice mention them in GT5?
  • What's going to happen to Academy City after all of the drastic changes in the past week?
  • I know its a miracle that we've had 2 straight volumes without Misaka and Shokuhou but we really need to return to the whole "Sisters being revealed to the public" plotline and see how this revelation has affected Misaka's daily life with her friends and family. Though there's some minor mention of the Sisters in this volume as well.

Overall, I quite liked this volume. I can't really think of any faults. The villain's motivations and broken magic made sense. There was no distractions plotwise (aside from the typical first chapter). All the characters were used appropriately with Kamijou shining right at the very end. Two surprise MVP characters. A significant plot development occurred and some semblance of a grand plot revealed itself.

Its a quintessential Index volume. I'd be disappointed if the quality was anything less than this.

Last edited by OH&S; 2022-04-19 at 07:43. Reason: grammar
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-19, 11:45   Link #12
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I am getting a vibe that a theme of fundamental vs. fabrication us getting set up with the showdown between the two Anna, and it may hint at how the Bridge Brigade well be going down eventually.
The fabrication is binded by its Archetype no matter how hard they try. Sprengel borrowed Kingston's name had gave Kingston easy access to Sprengel to turn her into a meat pot.
And the closer to the bottom line you are, the more things you can do. Aleister us the one who divided the world into two sides and thus have Archetype Control. Kingston predates the nagic even more so Golden Cabal school of sorcery and has the admin right over the system. And go back further we have Othinus who spawned a school of myths with people trying to explain her.
In other words, the Transcendents are still just the good old Idol Theory. They are trying to act as the idol themselves by conjuring an fabricated alternative of the idol to fit their own narrative. And this process of fitting the narrative is where the manipulation of information kicks in.
Old 2022-04-20, 15:59   Link #13
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

A great volume, not quite GT level, but pretty good.

Aradia and Bologna were stadout characters with great designs and motivations. Kamachi is building up the Alice mystery by tying it to Aleister, so I'm looking forward to seeing how that works. Bridge Builders are a clear callback to True Gremlin, so I wonder if Alice being a unintended consequence of Aleister messing around is a callback to Kamisato, so was himself an uintended condequence of True Gremlin?

Old 2022-04-20, 16:12   Link #14
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Alice has ties makes a lot if sense.
Aleister after all us the one who claimed Alice In Wonderland is a mystical world and would read Completely different to those eloquent in Kabbalah.
Alice us like some one who wear the identity of Alice from Aleister's exaggerated interpretation of the classic story.