AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - Genesis Testament 9 Rating
Perfect 10 2 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2023-12-12, 11:53   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - Genesis Testament 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index LN, Genesis Testament 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events (past Genesis Testament 9) must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the volume or arc if it has not yet been released.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post

Soyaku To Aru Majutsu no Index 9
Author: Kamachi Kazuma
Illustrator: Haimura Kiyotaka
Release Date: December 8, 2023
Pages: 344
ISBN: 978-4-04-915384-2

Spoiler for summary:

Spoiler for cover image:
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-12, 13:00   Link #2
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Yay! Thanks much for the thread , Kairin!

Man, I'm pretty sure this is gonna go down as one of the best, if not the best volume in Index history.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-12, 14:57   Link #3
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

My copy is arriving late and has to read the trans on line for now.
Assume what I reason is legit... is Kamachi doing this on purpose? Fake after fake and makes you wonder if a real deal exists or not.
Hopefully Kamachi don't stretch this too far and tell us Kingsford is also a fake next volume.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-12, 16:26   Link #4
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
My copy is arriving late and has to read the trans on line for now.
Assume what I reason is legit... is Kamachi doing this on purpose? Fake after fake and makes you wonder if a real deal exists or not.
Hopefully Kamachi don't stretch this too far and tell us Kingsford is also a fake next volume.
Well yeah, this was the theme of GT from the start. What is real and what's fake and what exactly determines the difference.

Old 2023-12-12, 17:35   Link #5
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

This is just me guessing on what Kamachi is going for next.
I ma getting the vibe that Alice is down the road of a real deal that got treated as a fake.
My theory is that Alice is the actual Alice Liddel, but people projecting their view of Alice from the fairy tales unto her and she end up getting distorted into a fabrication despite being real.

Anna might be the opposite case, in which she is going to achieve what she couldn't when she was the real her after becoming a fake. I am seriously getting a vibe that the story is going in the direction of "being a fake is worth it" now with Touma being her over the top salvation.
But the volume is such a tease by continue to avoid disclosing actual important info on her. We already know her students are terrible and we are stuck knowing only this for too long.
How did she know Aiwass? What's her issue with Kingsford any away?
Old 2023-12-12, 18:38   Link #6
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Based on what we've seen with Alice's unique magic I'm figuring she's something inhuman masquerading as Alice from Wonderland. This could also explain why she took such a shine to Touma since they're similar in that regard.

It's still unknown how Sprengel is connected to Aiwass but her whole deal with Kingsford is that the fictional Anna Sprengel character Mathers and Westcott made up was based on Anna Kingsford (this is true IRL). This is why she's so scared of her since Kingsford can use that connection to cast spells on her with impunity, kinda like how modern Western magic doesn't work on Aleister since he designed it. Kingsford whole existence also proves that hers is fake so there's the existential thing too.

Old 2023-12-12, 19:17   Link #7
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I still think Alice.is an actual human being. Remember the interlude from vol.7 can be interpret as the past of both Alice and Anna.
If that's true, Alice is an actual human being before she gets transformed by that voice. And the current Alice is formed after she accepted all the wishes from others.

As for Kingsford, it goes back to my old question: why her?
There are many archetypes for Sprengel. There is like a list of Anna that Sprengel is based on in real life.
Kingsford is just one of them. But why Kingsford is the one that end up being the big deal?
I really hope this isn't random.
Old 2023-12-12, 19:48   Link #8
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

By the end of that volume, it seemed to me like it was just Anna not the both of them.

Kingsford is the only one of those people who was friendly with Mathers and Westcott and shared the Soror magical name with Sprengel. Occult historians are certain that Westcott and Mathers were directly thinking of her when they came up with Sprengel.

Old 2023-12-13, 15:13   Link #9
LG-MAX 2.o

No dragons?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-13, 15:45   Link #10
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

It's getting there

Old 2023-12-14, 23:45   Link #11
Marina2

*Touma's speech about Anna*

.............And people thought Hamazura was mad for siding with Coronzon to help a girl.
Old 2023-12-15, 01:05   Link #12
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Volume arrived and finished reading.
I guess it is time to bash Touma again.

When he had his break down in front of Heaven Canceller, my initial reaction is "is he going down the path of a Slave of Light? I can see parallels between him and Valzelide now."

But I soon feel sorry for thinking that way. I should not have humiliated the Slaves of Light by comparing Touma to them. Despite being a bunch of mad man, at the very least the Slaves of Light do not break principles.
While Touma break it so hard this time. Did he just forget about his big talk in Reverse? But oh noes, not CRC is so strong and he conveniently rely on the dragon. I guess no big talk from Touma cam be trusted anymore.

My opinion of Touma has sink to a new low and is approaching the same level as Kanami in terms of being disgusting.

Oh, and applaud to Heaven Canceller, punitive magic is no match for his medical science.

Last edited by shmaster; 2023-12-15 at 03:39.
Old 2023-12-15, 01:40   Link #13
Golden Lily

Quote:
But I soon feel sorry for thinking that way. I should not have humiliated the Slaves of Light by comparing Touma to them.
I was planning to go on a huge rant, but this part saved you
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-15, 14:11   Link #14
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Volume arrived and finished reading.
I guess it is time to bash Touma again.

When he had his break down in front of Heaven Canceller, my initial reaction is "is he going down the path of a Slave of Light? I can see parallels between him and Valzelide now."

But I soon feel sorry for thinking that way. I should not have humiliated the Slaves of Light by comparing Touma to them. Despite being a bunch of mad man, at the very least the Slaves of Light do not break principles.
While Touma break it so hard this time. Did he just forget about his big talk in Reverse? But oh noes, not CRC is so strong and he conveniently rely on the dragon. I guess no big talk from Touma cam be trusted anymore.

My opinion of Touma has sink to a new low and is approaching the same level as Kanami in terms of being disgusting.

Oh, and applaud to Heaven Canceller, punitive magic is no match for his medical science.
Lmao you're always comparing Touma to Kanami. I actually thought you'd like these developments since Touma moved on from his series long bugaboo and accepted himself for what he is a little.

Old 2023-12-15, 14:28   Link #15
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Lmao you're always comparing Touma to Kanami. I actually thought you'd like these developments since Touma moved on from his series long bugaboo and accepted himself for what he is a little.
I like what happened to Kanami because he constantly crash and burn.
I enjoy watching him end up failing and tumble like a clown, so I get to laugh at their pathetic existence.
Touma, despite his level of hypocrisy progress to a even higher degree, everything continue to work out okay with him. The are always excuse and circumstances that bails him out. The MC plot armor is as thick as ever.

And most Importantly, Touma's surrounding are totally okay with his hypocrisy and their worship of him escalates every volume.
While Kanami's harem is there to mop him on the floor for his big fat lies.
Old 2023-12-15, 14:48   Link #16
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
I like what happened to Kanami because he constantly crash and burn.
I enjoy watching him end up failing and tumble like a clown, so I get to laugh at their pathetic existence.
Touma, despite his level of hypocrisy progress to a even higher degree, everything continue to work out okay with him. The are always excuse and circumstances that bails him out. The MC plot armor is as thick as ever.

And most Importantly, Touma's surrounding are totally okay with his hypocrisy and their worship of him escalates every volume.
While Kanami's harem is there to mop him on the floor for his big fat lies.
Comparing Touma and Kanami is like comparing an apple to an orange though. This is the volume where Touma sheds his founding hypocrisy which is why I thought you'd enjoy it.

You say Touma doesn't stick to principles when again, by his own admission, 90% of what he says is just bullshit he spouts to fit the situation. There are only a handful of things that he really truly takes to heart and you can say he's really being hypocritical about and he's solved 2 of those already.

Old 2023-12-15, 15:09   Link #17
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Comparing Touma and Kanami is like comparing an apple to an orange though. This is the volume where Touma sheds his founding hypocrisy which is why I thought you'd enjoy it.
The things is nothing changed in the end.
He tell Kamijou no Touma to screw off only because of his own insecurities and gave up on the chance to fix issues that usually isn't possible, the memory on Shoukhou for example.
Then he heel turn this volume just because something as shallow as oh noes I can't beat not CRC.

And what happened afterward? Nothing, no consequences yet again.
Concept such as responsibility, agency, identity, etc matter because there are consequences.
But Touma has none of those, he just flip-flop whenever he wants. This is essentially is belittling himself and the people he save. After all, everything can be just flip flop away by Touma when he sees the next damsel in distress he wants to save.

But what's worse is that everyone is still treating Touma like a Messiah.
While I as a reader felt terrible for Shoukhou that her happiness has less value than beating not CRC, which will also be meaningless when Touma see a new villain harming another girl.

If it is Kanami doing things like this, Maria would already be burning him down like the trash he is.
Old 2023-12-15, 16:57   Link #18
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
So he's finally accepted that he's not a typical normal guy?
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-15, 17:12   Link #19
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
The things is nothing changed in the end.
He tell Kamijou no Touma to screw off only because of his own insecurities and gave up on the chance to fix issues that usually isn't possible, the memory on Shoukhou for example.
Then he heel turn this volume just because something as shallow as oh noes I can't beat not CRC.
Now you're just being unfair. Maybe if KnT hadn't just decided to steal his life unasked for then maybe Touma would have listened to him then.

Touma actually went through quite a bit since then with losing St. Germain, Anna and Alice. Makes sense his viewpoint would be different.

Quote:
While I as a reader felt terrible for Shoukhou that her happiness has less value than beating not CRC, which will also be meaningless when Touma see a new villain harming another girl.
Lmao what? The only person who can determine Shokuhou's happiness is Shokuhou herself, not whatever Touma happens to remember. She decided to stick around him even if he can't remember her.

Old 2023-12-15, 18:14   Link #20
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Unfair? You know the person who is truly unfair is Touma himself, who has the entire world revolving around him to let him avoid consequences again and again and again.
Not saying KnT is not hypocritical himself. But telling Touma that his happy end has consequences is totally fair.

Shokuhou? I see her making compromises, not fighting for happiness.
But I'll agree to disagree if you truly believe she is satisfied with her current state of being.