AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - Genesis Testament 9 Rating
Perfect 10 2 50.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 25.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 25.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2023-12-18, 19:34   Link #41
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Hence why I bring up Maria as example.
She has absolute faith in him before an team wipe, and she only know him for a short period of time.
Compare to the way Touma breaks down in the beginning of the volume.
Do you really think he has as much faith in his harem as as they do to him?
If he has half as much faith as Maria, he'll be standing firm on the ground insteaf of having a break down, and make advance knowing his comrades will eventually catch up from behind.
Lmao what? Touma had a breakdown because Alice and Kingsford died in front of him and Anna was dying and could no longer be saved. Touma had a breakdown because of that and he had a crisis of faith in himself as a result not because he didn't believe in them.

Maria also had faith in Touma because she was standing back and unlike CRC had a better view of what was going on including Accel's tricks.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-18, 21:42   Link #42
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Lmao what? Touma had a breakdown because Alice and Kingsford died in front of him and Anna was dying and could no longer be saved. Touma had a breakdown because of that and he had a crisis of faith in himself as a result not because he didn't believe in them.
I'll agree with you, if wasn't for that reaction when Frig Face agree to heal Anna.
That is one moment I almost did a "huh!?" in sound.
The writing sudden take a turn and goes "hey look finally someone is on Touma's side so he is forgiven!"
And I am like this is what Touma need to snap back to his sense?
Something that's totally given? I mean, after he defended Othinus from rest of the world. Touma helping a potentially salvageable villain is already on everyone's okay list.
So what's going on here? Kamachi forgot what he has been doing and treating readers like idiots?
Or is Touma really having fears that his ally won't be on his side?
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-18, 22:00   Link #43
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
I'll agree with you, if wasn't for that reaction when Frig Face agree to heal Anna.
That is one moment I almost did a "huh!?" in sound.
The writing sudden take a turn and goes "hey look finally someone is on Touma's side so he is forgiven!"
And I am like this is what Touma need to snap back to his sense?
Something that's totally given? I mean, after he defended Othinus from rest of the world. Touma helping a potentially salvageable villain is already on everyone's okay list.
So what's going on here? Kamachi forgot what he has been doing and treating readers like idiots?
Or is Touma really having fears that his ally won't be on his side?
This is a completely different thing from Othinus.

Touma actually had an endgame with her, take away her powers safely, turn her over to the authorities, maybe visit her in jail from time to time if allowed.

Touma didn't really mind his difference of opinion with his allies because his plan aligned with his self image and his image of them, because he trusted that once he gave them an alternative, they wouldn't kill her because why would they?

Here, Touma has no clue if Anna will survive without Alice around to treat her and beyond that, an unstoppable monster was coming to kill her, a monster he already saw kill two people right in front of him and he then lost against.

Even if he stops CRC he has no way to save Anna and his friends initially refusing to help only increases that doubt.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-21, 19:43   Link #44
DragonXX

Quote:
This not a excuse to not try.

Make the research public then. I am not asking Touma to get dissected like a lab rat either.
It is for everyone's benefit for IB and AC's secret out in open. At least for Touma's inner circle.
They have nothing but benefits if they figure this out.

We don't need it beyond that. We just need to know how Othinus expanded IB's restoration power to Phase scale. And we know Index can replicate Magic God's power on a very specific level like last time with Levinia
Then replicate exactly what allowed Othinus to expand IB's power to phase level.
Don't you think they should try this first instead of having Touma getting exasperated the same old way whenever IB fails him?

I'll agree to disagree here.

So he is making no progress since St. Germain.
I mean did the people he endagered are suddenly not part of his "everyone" ?
What happened this time is a repeat of St.Gwrmain, not CRC is so strong that KnT can't bail Touma out. The only difference is that no one on Touma's side got wiped because Accel has a better plan B.
So again Touma made a bad decision yet avoid responsibility.
That's why I say he is just flip floping and has no idea on what "everyone" is to him.

I just want to say. That Accelerator plan B at the end of the day was keeping Touma alive to fight till the end. That not really a plan B at the end of the day but away to keep plan A running encase something happen because he already knew that a power-up Kazakiri and Qliphah Puzzle 545 would not be able to do a thing to fake CRC. You know what could of solve the problem the Third Tree and his pale platinum wing ripping out fake CRC's soul like he did to Coronzon

Also we don't know if IT is just Fisheggs. We know Fisheggs is strong enough to kill Coronzon's rip out soul in a second. The body was made by Coronzon so it still had a small part of her left in it even after the soul ripping but she would of just ended up at the bottom of ocean if Crowley didn't takeover the body because that little part of Coronzon left could not move or do anything but bemoan it fate
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote