AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 94 20.75%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 12.80%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 59 13.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 58 12.80%
6 out of 10 : Average 43 9.49%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 27 5.96%
4 out of 10 : Poor 15 3.31%
3 out of 10 : Bad 12 2.65%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 1.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 2.21%
-1 out of 10: I want the time spent watching this back 69 15.23%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-07-19, 03:49   Link #201
Ichigo*
Anime LOVER ♪♫

Thumbs up my opinion

i loved this anime especially the end
Ichigo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-30, 01:12   Link #202
animeffs13240
V for Victory

my thoughts

Spoiler for you better have watched this series sry for name missspelling:

It was good series however I would probably never watch it again 5/10

Last edited by animeffs13240; 2009-08-04 at 06:53.
animeffs13240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 01:18   Link #203
velvet nightmare

i think your kind of reaction is exactly what the producers wanted
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-07, 16:11   Link #204
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
I wathed this series a while ago since I had a bit of time. Wanted to put my two cents here for the archives.

School Days is awful. So awful. I watched it anyway and forced myself through just to see all the events that lead up to the blood bath. (Which was excellent, of course.)

Makoto? He's a fucking pimp. He cold hard bangs every girl that has the slightest crush on him. That chick with the ponytail or whatever that he banged during the festival or whatever, was a vague adaptation of my ideal fantasy. Probably for other people too. It will never happen.

And then there are times when he's not bumping uglies, and it's hard to watch. VLC media player has this awesome feature to speed up time, and watching every goddamn jailbait girl in that show with an even higher pitched voice made it so so amusing. Every character on the show is so one-sided and dull, and the plot seemed like it's been used a bajillion times before. I find it amusing that people buy into this crap. I just want the last episode, because you can understand the entire plot before the commercial break.

Now rewinding to the first episode. Oh it's a love triangle? That's never been used before. A few episodes later, Makoto's got reproductive rates of a small rabbit.

My final score is .83333333333333333/10. It doesn't deserve a 1. The final episode had more theatrical plot development than any other episode. That episode gets a perfect 10. The others? Well.
Old 2009-08-07, 18:51   Link #205
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Just because you're jealous, doesn't mean the story could never happen - in fact, such things happen all the time (even the killing sprees).

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 11:39   Link #206
Bullet2k4

This series made me feel sad,angry, and disgusted.I hated all the characters and how the story developed.Every single character was miserable.I felt sorry for the way Kotonoha was treated.I completely hate Makoto for being an idiot and for causing most of the problems.He doesnt really understand the consequences of his actions.Sekai....i really dont know what to say.I literally sighed and facepalmed at every episode watching all that stupid drama that was happening.It was a complete trainwreck like some people described it. I cant believe how all these girls like a guy like Makato. Even though i hated watching this what kept me going was wanting to know how it all ends. Man was i in for a suprise. I regret ever watching this series.
Bullet2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 17:21   Link #207
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
You know...sex and love to different things nowadays. Only 3 of the girls actually liked him, the others were just attracted to him as a new "hot topic". The thing is...he hardly could make distinction between the two. But they really forced the drama a bit(I couldn't belive somone as oblivious and dumb like Makoto lives...even if yes I think he's especially rare thankfully)

Anyways I gave it 9/10 because of the daring theme and ending. Absolutely not your tyopicalechi-comedy harem anime or even a rom/com triangle.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 17:25   Link #208
animeffs13240
V for Victory

i wouldn't even consider it a romantic comedy, it started off as one but ended in a romantic drama on a whole different scale, oh and there are people like makoto all around us BEWARE
Old 2009-08-14, 14:30   Link #209
ViewtifulAlchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishopcruz View Post
snip
That was a nice breakdown of School Days and gives reason as to why it's important series to watch if you're a fan of anime (even moreso a fan of the harem genre).

I'm not sure about giving the creators of the series that much credit for this series being some sort of ultimate anti-harem series though as if they planned out every single thing to work out like it did, but it worked. Sometimes great/interesting things comes from accidents. Not saying School Days was great but I feel it's important watch if you have a decent amount of viewed anime titles under your belt.

It's such a trainwreck until the ending, without the ending this series would have easily been forgettable but with the trainwreck of events beforehand then ending wouldn't flowed well with the series.

At the end of the day and amongst a vast amount of other titles what more could you ask from your series but to be so easily distinguished from the rest?
ViewtifulAlchemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 15:04   Link #210
animeffs13240
V for Victory

was it just me or did kotohana look like tojou and makoto looked a little like junpei and otome look just a little too much like satsuki (all from ichigo 100%)???
i think im nuts though
Old 2009-08-30, 04:56   Link #211
katiemirmo
Chrome.o23
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to katiemirmo
I rated it good..
cause I really liked it..except for the near-ending part
Honestly,I didn't finish this anime..
because I read the summary at wikipedia and
felt gross of what will happen
I can't even imagine seeing Makoto's chopped head..
I hate to..UGH!
and also I hated the near-ending storyline
I was so happy when Makoto and Sekai came together
but I hated the fact that Makoto did it with other girls..
I want to kill him..I really do!
[good thing he's dead..]
katiemirmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-29, 13:47   Link #212
Aqua Knight

Finished it.
I gave it 7 just to see other rating. Honestly I don't want to rate this. Very disturbing.
And I wanted a bit redder bloode.
But Otome rocked. Fav girl.
Sekai - just meh... Kotonoha also is a win. I cheered for her when she was doing the deed.
Reminds me of Shuffle somehow, but less bloody.
Aqua Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 01:34   Link #213
awfudgeitsover

After watching this i became very sad and it like really sucked that makoto had died but it was kind of his fault but still it made me cry man that was like the most saddest series i watched becuz on ep 11 when she was prego i was like WOW!!.But when it came to ep 12 omg i was just in tear after that first stab and how he tried to crawl away man :'( then how that music just started playing omg that thing made it more sad but i loved the series. The characters were like whatever to me but how the story line was like it was that amazing but pretty amazing to me and at the very end where she was on the yacht with the removed head that was kind of creeppy but still so sad. LOVE THIS SERIES I WILL NEVER FORGET!
awfudgeitsover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-27, 15:06   Link #214
CoolKidsClub

i gave a 8
When i asked my fd for a good comedy/romance he recommended this...he jus told me this is a typical a love triangle story with some twists and a surprising ending.....i had nooooooooooooooo idea it was gona end up like this..definitely not wat i was lookin for or expecting....brb im gona find that knife Kotonoha used and go kill him
CoolKidsClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 20:54   Link #215
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

This anime is so fucked up... there isnt any other way to describe this series...

The only reason i decided to finish watching this anime was because i wanted to see Makoto die a horrible death... and im satisfied now. There was never a more hateable and repulsing character...

The feeling is completely different from watching a terror / suspense movie or a drama-romance. It isnt even like Higurashi were there is this mistery feeling and makes u wonder why cute little girls go nuts and butcher each other.
Old 2009-11-02, 09:31   Link #216
coderlan
Student

I gave it a Negative One.

But I don't want the time spending watching this, it's good anyways, but the worst is the impossible sex scenes and the killing spree...and the end is really breaking the heart of the one watching...
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 12:02   Link #217
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Impossible sex scenes? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 12:15   Link #218
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolKidsKlub View Post
i gave a 8
When i asked my fd for a good comedy/romance he recommended this...he jus told me this is a typical a love triangle story with some twists and a surprising ending.....i had nooooooooooooooo idea it was gona end up like this..definitely not wat i was lookin for or expecting....brb im gona find that knife Kotonoha used and go kill him
Yeah, you're friend got you good man. This is not your typical love triangle story, not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Impossible sex scenes? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight...
Yeah, I don't get that either.
Old 2009-11-05, 22:37   Link #219
CoolKidsClub

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Yeah, you're friend got you good man. This is not your typical love triangle story, not at all.
im not that mad anymore lol..cuz i think this anime is actually pretty good and the creepy sound track at the end was jus awesome
CoolKidsClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 20:45   Link #220
Bullet2k4

i think the option for *facepalm* should be added to poll.i sighed and facepalmed in disbelief at what was happening to these characters

even some reviewer thought the same

http://wakaranai.animeblogger.net/?p=516
Bullet2k4 is offline   Reply With Quote