AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2014-02-20, 18:48   Link #1381
azziz

what kind of spell was takiko about to use before otomo interuption-after the countdown?
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 20:57   Link #1382
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Back in vol. 9 when Hishamaru fought against Kagami, kagami was still sealed (what the seal does to him anyway? There's no explaination? Could the seal be some kind of curse to torture him if he goes out of control, not reduceing his power?). Kagami seems so OP already that I doubt the seal does seal his power at all.
Kagamai was (and still probably is) indeed sealed, but remember that Hishamaru was pretty fucked up as well (and still is) due to breaking her seals forcefully.

So, neither were at their actual max.

That being said, I wonder how powerful unsealed Kagami compares to Miyachi, since it seems both of them were raised under somewhat similar circumstances.
Old 2014-02-21, 01:12   Link #1383
Iron Maw
Banned

Got two questions here:

-What exactly was the job of the Spirit Division/Department?

-Does Hishamaru mean "Rook Circle" or does the "maru" here have a different context? If so what is it? For reference I've heard that maru can mean "precious" or "perfect".
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 01:23   Link #1384
teejmo

-maru is an old Japanese name ending. Lots of guys back then had that as part of their name. Though it does technically mean circle.

Also, the rook connotation is somewhat different. We think of a rook as a piece that simply goes in a straight line. In shogi, there's only one rook, and he can gain promotion (kind of like a pawn in chess) to become a dragon king (not joking). It, along with the single bishop's promotion dragon horse, basically become chess' queens. Just a little bit of background to the name a bit.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 01:28   Link #1385
Iron Maw
Banned

I see, I thought it might be play on words like Kakugyouki meaning "Bishop Demon".

That said IIRC, a Rook is often considered a knight in chess, considering Hishamaru's disposition and her manner of speech she would essentially be this.
Old 2014-02-21, 01:59   Link #1386
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Got two questions here:

-What exactly was the job of the Spirit Division/Department?
The Lingering Spirit Division was responsible for stabilizing the spirit flow in Tokyo and exorcising lingering spirits.

The reason it was put under the Imperial Household Agency was because most of the lingering spirits were former royalty and nobility, so they didn't want the Onmyou Agency to get too involved.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 02:28   Link #1387
Iron Maw
Banned

Thanks Endscape, that's better explanation than manga gave.

It makes even more sense now that Shidou a member of a clan who's had ties to royalty would be the chief there, at least for political reasons.

Though I was also under the impression that did research on souls, hence stepping into territory forbidden by the government.
Old 2014-02-21, 07:15   Link #1388
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
Fantasia Bunko release for April

4/19発売
●Only Sense Online ―オンリーセンス・オンライン― 【著:アロハ 座長/絵:ゆきさん】
●ゴールドラッシュ・オブ・ザ・デッド 【著:永菜 葉一/絵:獅子猿】
●GOD W(`・ω・´)RLD2 ―ごっど・わーるど― 【著:吉村 夜/絵:早川 ハルイ】
●S.I.R.E.N. ―次世代新生物統合研究特区― 【著:細音 啓/絵:蒼崎 律】
●冴えない彼女の育てかた 6 【著:丸戸 史明/絵:深崎 暮人】
●スカイ・ワールド 7 【著:瀬尾 つかさ/絵:武藤 此史】
●対魔導学園35試験小隊 7. 逆襲の紅蓮 【著:柳実 冬貴/絵:切符】
●ダブル・ロール! 坂崎良太郎16歳。ただの高校生ですが勇者と魔王もやっています。 【著: 左京 潤/絵:BLADE】
●東京レイヴンズ 11 【著:あざの 耕平/絵:すみ兵】
●棺姫のチャイカ IX 【著:榊 一郎/絵:なまにくATK】
●ブルークロニクル 2 【著:白星 敦士/絵:いちやん】
●ぼくのゆうしゃ 4 【著:葵 せきな/絵:Nino】
Finally, the stupid author's gonna get back on track in April. Now we just gotta wait for Mondaiji and time will begin to flow once again.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 12:05   Link #1389
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Spoiler for ...:
Old 2014-02-21, 13:30   Link #1390
azziz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ougon no Kemono View Post
Spoiler for ...:
yes,otomo jin is my favorite character;to me,he overshadow all the rest.
azziz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 14:22   Link #1391
Used Can

Jin and Amami are heroes of justice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Finally, the stupid author's gonna get back on track in April. Now we just gotta wait for Mondaiji and time will begin to flow once again.
Thank you based Azano.
Hopefully volume 11 will give a bit more meat than vol10, and by that I'm not simply saying I want to see Kyouko.
Anyway, volume 10 was nice to see Natsume being more casual now that she doesn't have to keep up appearances. It was also fun to see Yakou having fun and not giving a shit even though they were dealing with some monks (one of them being strong as fuck) and some Divine Generals were on their way.
Old 2014-02-21, 16:17   Link #1392
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I told he's not as bad as most authors about it! Azano roughly puts out 2-3 volumes per year.

Great news in anycase!

Quote:
Spoiler for ...:
But of course, based Jin is always based.

And please 8bit, do not fuck up the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Jin and Amami are heroes of justice.

Thank you based Azano.
Hopefully volume 11 will give a bit more meat than vol10, and by that I'm not simply saying I want to see Kyouko.
Anyway, volume 10 was nice to see Natsume being more casual now that she doesn't have to keep up appearances. It was also fun to see Yakou having fun and not giving a shit even though they were dealing with some monks (one of them being strong as fuck) and some Divine Generals were on their way.
I'll be happy just to everybody else back again. I feel vol 11 is probably going to be partly a reestablishment of sorts for the cast and in case of Akino proper integration into the MCs.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-02-22 at 06:28.
Old 2014-02-21, 16:29   Link #1393
versionf

Quote:
Spoiler for ...:
Spoiler for but:
versionf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 19:43   Link #1394
Ougon
愛すべからざる光

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
Spoiler for but:
Spoiler for !:
Old 2014-02-21, 20:18   Link #1395
Used Can

Quote:
I'll be happy just to everybody else back again. I feel vol 11 is probably going to be partly a reestablishment of sorts for the cast and in case of Akino proper integration into the MCs.
I actually wonder if the rest of the cast will fit in the second part.
How do I put it...? I think they worked well during the School Days part, considering that despite some dangers here and there, it was a mostly controlled environment.
However, this second part seems to be the actual Onmyouji world, and it was made clear in the first part that, no matter how good the students might have looked on some occasions, they were still leagues away from an actual, full-fledged Onmyouji. That's something the story always stuck to, instead of following the cliché in which the students are ultra super special and even the experienced adults cannot compare. Even in volume 10 Natsume had enough trouble and had to be rescued twice.

So, though I'd love to see the cast from Part 1, I'd also think it'd be interesting to see a new cast, formed by adult, experienced Onmyouji. I doubt anything like that will happen, though.
Old 2014-02-21, 21:16   Link #1396
Iron Maw
Banned

Actually you are forgetting that main cast were the best of students in the first part. Harutora and co have manage handle themselves quite well against rather formidable opponents like Fake Hishamaru and Kakaugyouki, the Nue and even Shaver. By vol 7 they were able to hold their against own against professional Exorcists and spiritual disasters to which even Kagami was impressed. Every time a conflict has appeared they shown remarkable growth, while the story maintained a believable power balance between them and the adults. Hell, they are already on threshold of being adults themselves now as of Part 2!

If anything going by how they have progressed in Part 1 and training they are implied to be receiving during the timeskip, I expect them to be far stronger (nowhere close to Harutora ofcourse). As you point out, they're no longer at boundaries of the world of Onmyoudo, but neck deep into it on multiple levels.

That said, I'm sure there will be new additions too, I doubt Akino and Yamashiro will be only ones.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-02-21 at 22:07.
Old 2014-02-21, 22:22   Link #1397
versionf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I actually wonder if the rest of the cast will fit in the second part.
How do I put it...? I think they worked well during the School Days part, considering that despite some dangers here and there, it was a mostly controlled environment.
However, this second part seems to be the actual Onmyouji world, and it was made clear in the first part that, no matter how good the students might have looked on some occasions, they were still leagues away from an actual, full-fledged Onmyouji. That's something the story always stuck to, instead of following the cliché in which the students are ultra super special and even the experienced adults cannot compare. Even in volume 10 Natsume had enough trouble and had to be rescued twice.

So, though I'd love to see the cast from Part 1, I'd also think it'd be interesting to see a new cast, formed by adult, experienced Onmyouji. I doubt anything like that will happen, though.
Touji and Suzuka have plenty of potential so no worry on them. Kyouko reads stars. Now only Tenma, I think the best way he'll fit in the story is to go his parents' route.

We have the current and former divine generals for adult and experienced casts. There's a twins special spirit sensor mentioned in vol 10 too IIRC, and who knows Jougen and Rian will pop out sometime again.

Last edited by versionf; 2014-02-21 at 22:32.
Old 2014-02-22, 05:54   Link #1398
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by versionf View Post
Now only Tenma, I think the best way he'll fit in the story is to go his parents' route.
He definitely seems more like the "behind the scenes" kind of guy who supports the cast indirectly since he's not much of a direct fighter.

BTW about Kagami

Spoiler for vol 9:
Old 2014-02-22, 06:49   Link #1399
versionf

Quote:
BTW about Kagami

Spoiler for vol 9:
Spoiler for vol 9 Kagami:

Last edited by versionf; 2014-02-22 at 07:00.
Old 2014-02-22, 08:10   Link #1400
Zilch_Saber
+ Demonic_Angel +
*Artist

Finally!! Break a Spell by Mami Kawada has been released!!

Tokyo Ravens Ending 2 is so awesome!!

Last edited by Kotohono; 2014-02-22 at 08:36. Reason: Please do not post such links in the future.
Zilch_Saber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasia bunko, romance