AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-19, 12:11   Link #12041
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Not unusual strength. In terms of physical specs, he's just been trained since birth.
Nah, I actually I think it's been said that Tatsuya was born a strong boy in volume 8. He was born strong and smart--just not "magical". He was Grade S material, and his training and focus merely honed him into an example of physical perfection. He wasn't just best in class--he was beyond that, and I expect him to be better than other Guardians too. Which implies that he had natural talent to help him attain his level of proficiency. Working hard can get you very far, being talented AND working hard can get you someplace better.

That said, I could be wrong, but he is unusually strong when we saw him in volume 8. Stronger than what his frame suggests.
Old 2014-03-19, 12:22   Link #12042
Rasen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echizen777 View Post
I agree with you for the 1st fight but Touma beat him in a fair fight the second time
Again, I believe the 2nd fight was less of a fight. By that point in the series, Accelerator has proven himself capable of tactics and mindgames, in order to kill his opponents efficiently.

But in that 2nd fight, he's basically throwing a temper tantrum. Out goes the tactics, just blindly using his powers because he's pissed Touma isn't saving Last Order.

And Touma's specialty lies in neutralizing powers, and reading body language.

I'm not saying Touma didn't beat him fair and square, I'm just saying that in both fights, Accelerator wasn't seriously aiming to kill him. Touma would have died if the attacks touched him, sure. But his end goal wasn't to kill Touma.

The distinction comes in at, if Accelerator REALLY wanted to kill Touma, no matter what, all he has to do is go long-distance sniping route, and throw a mountain on him.

Quote:
and he is constantly growing as a fighter, the way he uses IB is just awesome actually. He lost against Thor but Thor is a veteran fighter too.
And Tatsuya's been a professional soldier for...3 years? With expert skill levels in hand-to-hand combat.

Quote:
While Touma is growing, Accel is already at its peak and can't grow anymore, I bet Thor would beat him as well.
OT, but it's hard to say. Thor's powers don't seem like they could avoid the vector manipulation. On the other hand, magic reacts strangely to vector manipulation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Don't forget Touma now has 10,031 lifetimes worth of battle experience and is the equivalent of martial arts master in a kung fu movie or an ancient little girl that speaks like an old woman. That is a hell of a lot of combat experience for anyone or heck just life experience and all of it bad. Still, that was the greatest and most horrible amount of suffering I've ever read in any book ever.
It's a lot of combat experience, but the book explicitly says it's pretty much useless against anyone else. It's 10,031 lifetimes of battle against a single person. He was basically shaped into an anti-Ollerus fighter, and he still lost until he poked at her heartstrings.
Old 2014-03-19, 12:31   Link #12043
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Nah, I actually I think it's been said that Tatsuya was born a strong boy in volume 8. He was born strong and smart--just not "magical". He was Grade S material, and his training and focus merely honed him into an example of physical perfection. He wasn't just best in class--he was beyond that, and I expect him to be better than other Guardians too. Which implies that he had natural talent to help him attain his level of proficiency. Working hard can get you very far, being talented AND working hard can get you someplace better.

That said, I could be wrong, but he is unusually strong when we saw him in volume 8. Stronger than what his frame suggests.
I never read anything like that and this was from Miyuki's POV so it was probably just her own speculation. Although it was inaccurate considering she didn't know what sort of training he'd been through.
Old 2014-03-19, 13:24   Link #12044
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bietchie11 View Post
BTW, CatRules, where did you lurk when pampz waged war solo?
I was drinking some popcorn and eating some tea.
I got terrified by his devotion that was far beyond my comprehensibility. To consciously distort the facts and use them to wage war so naturally are the level I will never be able to reach.........

So I walked out of this thread and waltzed to Tokyo Raven thread, shipped the redhead, spread some lies then returned to my country's Mahouka forums and brainwashed innocents to join Erika camp.......

wait! Aren't these the same!!?

Quote:
@Lucarion: Pretty good story but you just don't want Tatsuya and Touma to meet each others. Touma would steal all his girls, one by one .
Opposite!!

Tou-man has THE Harem-making Fist!!!!

Girls he punched join his harem!
Guys he punched GAIN HAREM!!

P.S. actually, when pampz was crusading, I reread some parts of vol.12(but actually did "those" too). That's the reason why I came back with Ayako ship.
Old 2014-03-19, 13:31   Link #12045
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatRules View Post
I was drinking some popcorn and eating some tea.
I got terrified by his devotion that was far beyond my comprehensibility. To consciously distort the facts and use them to wage war so naturally are the level I will never be able to reach.........

So I walked out of this thread and waltzed to Tokyo Raven thread, shipped the redhead, spread some lies then returned to my country's Mahouka forums and brainwashed innocents to join Erika camp.......

wait! Aren't these the same!!?

P.S. actually, when pampz was crusading, I reread some parts of vol.12(but actually did "those" too). That's the reason why I came back with Ayako ship.

Despite not agreeing with Pampz ship, I've come to respect his skills as a ship commander. He wages war like no other. I think he would've won by way of breaking everyone elses war to fight. I almost thought he really was going to win.

Ayako's ship has become really popular lately. I feel like everyone is tugging a little Ayaka boat behind their main ship.
Old 2014-03-19, 13:48   Link #12046
CatRules
Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Despite not agreeing with Pampz ship, I've come to respect his skills as a ship commander. He wages war like no other. I think he would've won by way of breaking everyone elses war to fight. I almost thought he really was going to win.
because HIS SHIP WILL NEVER SINK! It keep resurfacing like poop swimming board in the pool!! It's never ending! People can only exhaustedly continue or give up. In the end, even if he doesn't win the ship, he wins HIS WAR!!

Quote:
Ayako's ship has become really popular lately. I feel like everyone is tugging a little Ayaka boat behind their main ship.
Righttttttttt!!!??? I spread this ship at my country forum too and the reaction was great!! Everyone welcome AyaxTatsu
I mean who wouldn't love a cooldere cousin!
Old 2014-03-19, 14:05   Link #12047
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I never read anything like that and this was from Miyuki's POV so it was probably just her own speculation. Although it was inaccurate considering she didn't know what sort of training he'd been through.
Let's just say Tatsuya is a prodigy in anything except...doing normal magic (and emotion ), and for that reason alone he became an outcast of the Yotsuba
Old 2014-03-19, 15:18   Link #12048
Echizen777

Unlike Minami he sucks at normal magic so they must have trained him at martial arts instead. Then he encountered Yakumo.

Quote:
Oddly, I found myself in this case as well.
Old 2014-03-19, 15:46   Link #12049
anonfr

Quote:
because HIS SHIP WILL NEVER SINK! It keep resurfacing like poop swimming board in the pool!! It's never ending! People can only exhaustedly continue or give up. In the end, even if he doesn't win the ship, he wins HIS WAR!!

Righttttttttt!!!??? I spread this ship at my country forum too and the reaction was great!! Everyone welcome AyaxTatsu
I mean who wouldn't love a cooldere cousin!
Agreed. He is a greater shipping warrior than I shall ever be.

Again, agreed. Ayaka might one day be the OTP in the hearts of fans.

Quote:
Unlike Minami he sucks at normal magic so they must have trained him at martial arts instead. Then he encountered Yakumo.

Oddly, I found myself in this case as well.
As Do I. Strange enough. It seems Ayaka is quickly becoming the dark horse, or rather dark ship in all our hearts. It's kind of weird so many can agree on it, when everyone is so passionate and diverse in their main ship.

I'm definitely towing a little Ayaka boat myself.
Old 2014-03-19, 15:57   Link #12050
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
@Lucarion: Pretty good story but you just don't want Tatsuya and Touma to meet each others. Touma would steal all his girls, one by one .
Aside from Honoka; those two are pretty solid.

Quote:
Its because of humongous things; it doesnt looks awkward unlike Mizukis. Those are F-Cup, Im sure of it.

Quote:
War isnt won by credibility; its won by utterly destroying their opponents will to fight! That is how Hitler(Genocide) did it,how Uncle Sam(Atomic bomb) did it, Its how I did it(misinfo/reality distortion field), and that is how many people will do it#!

To Victory, All Hail Erika

EDIT: I wanna see Miyuki's Ponytail#!

BTW is it safe to say Erika is B, Miyuki is C while Mayumi is D?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Last edited by pampz21; 2014-03-19 at 16:28.
Old 2014-03-19, 16:06   Link #12051
guestuser

can i ask what kind of battlefield is touma fighting tatsuya in like is touma with his friend or something because i dont think touma can beat tatsuya alone ?

i am for tatsuya in a one hit ko against touma and i did read TAMNI and read about his abilitys but his ability are only psychological,IB and only precog so i dont think it is enough to win against someone like tatsuya oh by the way i dont get hero thing because that only apply if he is fighting tatsuya in TAMNI not in MKNR and is a mc fight so it depends on ability and why do u people say tatsuya decomposition will not affect him he dont have to decompose everything at once.
Old 2014-03-19, 16:10   Link #12052
Seitsuki
Onee!

Christ. Please. Stop.

Both are the gods of their respective 'verses whom their authors chronically jerk off to with every power or plot shield imaginable, you could argue this shit all day. It's like Goku vs Superman again. Just...don't. This thread.
Old 2014-03-19, 16:14   Link #12053
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Christ. Please. Stop.

Both are the gods of their respective 'verses whom their authors chronically jerk off to with every power or plot shield imaginable, you could argue this shit all day. It's like Goku vs Superman again. Just...don't. This thread.
You took the words right out of my mouth
Old 2014-03-19, 16:16   Link #12054
fujin of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Really, REALLY, we are going to discuss about cup sizes....Are we all out of topics to discuss?

P.S. I think Erika has a bigger set than Miyuki but Miyuki has better shape....
Old 2014-03-19, 16:30   Link #12055
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fujin of shadows View Post
Really, REALLY, we are going to discuss about cup sizes....Are we all out of topics to discuss?

P.S. I think Erika has a bigger set than Miyuki but Miyuki has better shape....
This is something important too.

Nah I really think Erika is little bit smaller than Miyuki

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Old 2014-03-19, 16:30   Link #12056
Riddam

Quote:
Christ. Please. Stop.

Except that they aren't.
And you can't use 'plot armor' when discussing characters from different works. Plot armor has to be written into the encounter, it doesn't exist, per se.

In any case, this discussion is more productive than talking about ships.
Old 2014-03-19, 16:31   Link #12057
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Aside from Honoka; those two are pretty solid.

Its because of humongous things; it doesnt looks awkward unlike Mizukis. Those are F-Cup, Im sure of it.

War isnt won by credibility; its won by utterly destroying their opponents will to fight! That is how Hitler(Genocide) did it,how Uncle Sam(Atomic bomb) did it, Its how I did it(misinfo/reality distortion field), and that is how many people will do it#!

To Victory, All Hail Erika

EDIT: I wanna see Miyuki's Ponytail#!

Are the B C and D referring to cup size or pecking order in romance? If it's cupsize, yeah sounds about right. If not, I think I disagree.

Oppai is justice, so that's that.

And I think the scariest thing about you is that, you're fully convinced of your own misinformation and won't believe anything else. You're like a cult. A one man Erika cult.

Quote:
Christ. Please. Stop.

Goku could totally take superman. Just sayin.
Old 2014-03-19, 16:37   Link #12058
azziz

Quote:
Are the B C and D referring to cup size or pecking order in romance? If it's cupsize, yeah sounds about right. If not, I think I disagree.

And I think the scariest thing about you is that, you're fully convinced of your own misinformation and won't believe anything else. You're like a cult. A one man Erika cult.
one man?
you're underestimating Erica's guard too much
Old 2014-03-19, 16:39   Link #12059
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by azziz View Post
one man?
you're underestimating Erica's guard too much
I respect the size of the Erika guard and the Erika army, but Only pampz is elite enough to be at cult status. I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddam View Post
Except that they aren't.
And you can't use 'plot armor' when discussing characters from different works. Plot armor has to be written into the encounter, it doesn't exist, per se.

In any case, this discussion is more productive than talking about ships.
I'd rather speculate about the next volume. Volume 12 kind of bothered in, only very slightly, in that it mirrored the first arc. With a focus on elitism and looking down on others. But it was mirrored in a fun way. Takuma is a percieved elite being a course 1 from the 28 families, but he was the one being looked down on by the system, instead of Tatsuya being a total inept in the eyes of the system in the first volume.

It revisited, mirrored it, and added a perspective on how much changed in a year. I wonder if the next volume is going to follow the same theme, or actually focus on real deep story progression instead of behind the scenes stuff, or if it'll instead have a bigger focus on the competition itself.
Old 2014-03-19, 16:46   Link #12060
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:

Its cup size....

Quote:
—Too dazzling.

What was dazzling, by the way, were the swimsuit clad girls frolicking around on the beach.

The first to catch one's eyes would probably be Erika's flashy colored one-piece. It was a simple design with no frills which brought out and enhanced her slender proportions.

Next to her, waving her hands was Miyuki in a floral-print one-piece. Her femininity increased with each passing day, and the bold pattern served to emphasize her vibrant fairy-like charm.

Im pretty sure if Erika wears a two piece its gonna be abs, and beautiful curves...Damn you Tatsuya why didnt give in

Does femininity means the size of the breast; and fairy-like charms are her face...?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,

Closed Thread

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, incest, magic, mahouka, rettousei, school life, shounen, siblings