AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-07, 03:40   Link #281
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

That's one of the more cliched 'ditching' methods.

'I love you, but as a little sister.' - translates to 'I love you, but not enough to have sex with you. Yuck, that would be soooooo sick. I'd rather have sex with that girl beside you. You know, that one.'
Old 2006-06-07, 12:28   Link #282
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler:

In the form of which he said...

Spoiler:

Too rushed. Too rushed for my liking. D:
Old 2006-06-07, 14:53   Link #283
ginko51

I can't even remember after that.

Last edited by ginko51; 2012-05-03 at 18:05.
Old 2006-06-07, 16:30   Link #284
blue_side

thank youvery much
Old 2006-06-07, 21:07   Link #285
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Am I mistaken? But I remember the word love being used for Karin too.

And if you guys are wondering, his whole affair with Karin felt kind of rushed in the manga too.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-08, 09:33   Link #286
FizzyCola

That's why I prefer manga over anime. I read the Chinese version of the manga and Thor indeed said that he 'likes' Karin, not love. It's probably the same with the japanese version, assuming that he probably would have said 'suki desu' rather than 'aishiteru'.
Old 2006-06-08, 09:39   Link #287
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

But he said 'aishiteru' in the anime, IIRC.
Old 2006-06-08, 10:19   Link #288
Kottie

Send a message via MSN to Kottie
I think characters looks better in the anime, but Thor looks better in the manga :> In the manga it was showed better episode with Karin and Thor, it was hotter :>
Old 2006-06-08, 16:20   Link #289
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyCola
That's why I prefer manga over anime. I read the Chinese version of the manga and Thor indeed said that he 'likes' Karin, not love. It's probably the same with the japanese version, assuming that he probably would have said 'suki desu' rather than 'aishiteru'.
I don't know if you can use the Chinese version as a source for something so minor, it really depends on the translator.

The words like and love are used interchangably in Chinese sometimes, this is especially the case when you read translation from inland China. I think it's like that in Japanese too. There's not much difference between using aishiteru or daisuki in my opinion. Either word would mean you love that person. Although that's just my take.
Old 2006-06-08, 16:41   Link #290
Rotary Knight

This was the first anime that I watched in series ever since Shingetsutan Tsukihime. I was up till 3 in the morning watching Ju Oh sei.....I want more!!!

Ever since thor met Karin......Im sensing alot of Kima ga nozomu eian kinda feeling......hahahah

This is a really good anime, I didnt even know why I didnt watch it when I downloaded 1-7, I only watched it because I got bored and now Im hooked ~_~.
Old 2006-06-08, 22:53   Link #291
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotary Knight
This was the first anime that I watched in series ever since Shingetsutan Tsukihime. I was up till 3 in the morning watching Ju Oh sei.....I want more!!!

Ever since thor met Karin......Im sensing alot of Kima ga nozomu eian kinda feeling......hahahah

This is a really good anime, I didnt even know why I didnt watch it when I downloaded 1-7, I only watched it because I got bored and now Im hooked ~_~.
I'll agree with you if you think Shingetsutan Tsukihime >>> Ju Oh Sei, because it is.
Old 2006-06-08, 23:11   Link #292
FizzyCola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ori
I don't know if you can use the Chinese version as a source for something so minor, it really depends on the translator.

The words like and love are used interchangably in Chinese sometimes, this is especially the case when you read translation from inland China. I think it's like that in Japanese too. There's not much difference between using aishiteru or daisuki in my opinion. Either word would mean you love that person. Although that's just my take.
That's why I said I prefer the manga version. The Chinese version I read is the official Chinese version that is out in the market. I hardly doubt the translator would make such a mistake because Chinese and Japanese language are very close in their concept of meaning.

There is a BIG difference between the use of daisuki and aishiteru. Daisuki is when you use it to confess to someone you like whereas aishiteru is only said when you feel strongly about that person and you think to yourself yes he/she's the one. COME ON it's not like you would say 'i love you' to some guy/girl you had a crush for only a few days.(Anyone say that to me after going out for only a few days... I'd run for my life XD) As a Chinese myself I know when and how the words love and like are used in our society. It's only one word and that word has already affected the story plot...i wouldn't call that something minor. Try remembering at what time did Thor say he loves Tiz then compare back to the case with Karin.

Last edited by FizzyCola; 2006-06-08 at 23:25.
Old 2006-06-12, 00:43   Link #293
tritoch

Gah!

What a cool ep!

Spoiler for ep 9:
Old 2006-06-13, 00:20   Link #294
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I think it was Third, although he's proven himself to Thor time and time again. First, the shadowy facial features seem to be Third's, and second, he has said that he has no longer any time [cryptically, I may add]. The white cloak he seems to be wearing on his back helps me infer that it perhaps is him, but I'm not so sure with this. It's mostly the first two reasons why I think it's him.

You know, Tiz made a jump for me that I like her right now. She understands what Thor's feeling despite her not accepting it fully, but the willingness to give up the first Kou no Tsuki, and, ultimately the child to be borne by her gives her enough plus points in my book. It is evident, however, that Thor loves Tiz; it's just not the way how she wants to be loved.

I definitely like how human nature plays out in these episodes and how emotion and feeling direct this series so well to its impending conclusion. Though it has nothing like the scope of Hagaren or the cool tragedy of Bebop, or even the masterful romance of Tsukihime, it is good because it works with human emotion very well - somewhat like a jack-of-all-trades: it doesn't particularly excel in conveying a specific human understanding of a specific human emotion, but it conveys the entire spectrum of human feeling generally well.

Though, to correct myself, he has said he loved BOTH Karin and Tiz, only that he loves Tiz like a little sister, and he loves Karin like a pervert (j/k).
Old 2006-06-13, 00:21   Link #295
tritoch

Tag It Bish!

Edit:

fine you win.
Old 2006-06-13, 00:23   Link #296
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Come on - the episode was released. I'm not spoiling the manga or anything, and they would barely understand what I'm saying if they don't watch the episode anyway.
Old 2006-06-13, 05:36   Link #297
Trax
Rock beats scissors

That's the first thing I was thinking aswell, when he turned around to face Karin. It was Third.
Old 2006-06-13, 10:51   Link #298
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

Aside from the fact that he made the battle between Zagi and Thor inevitable by saying things that he should not have said, his praise of Thor was sycophantic. There wasn't even a genuine smile in his face when he did that.

However, Jyu Oh Sei being an anime with a LOT of twists, we'll probably find more about Third and what's his purpose of doing so (if he really did that).
Old 2006-06-13, 16:31   Link #299
Scribble
Sloth

Send a message via MSN to Scribble
The thing is, Third being the one responsible for the incident would be the most OBVIOUS conclusion. As a result, it may not be him at all.

Maybe it could be Rai secretly spying on Thor and causing trouble! Maybe the person that did it was the same person that killed the old guy in the cave.

Hmmmm!
Old 2006-06-13, 17:20   Link #300
BrokenWingz

Agreed he is the most obvious suspect and i cant hink of any other person who could be refered to as "don't trust him" meaning i cant think of any other male character that even stands out besides Third.
Closed Thread

Tags
noitamina