AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2013-09-01, 16:39   Link #4481
demino_hellsin
That one guy

They would awaken. But before that they would gain higher proficiency with their abilities first. Kind of like a passive skill mastery then it becomes a durationed buff.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 16:41   Link #4482
omega253

Damn, the Imagine Breaker is one broken power if all our speculation has lead to Awakening espers when they somehow connect to it through a mind network.
Old 2013-09-01, 16:45   Link #4483
demino_hellsin
That one guy

But thats not easy to achieve, remember that imaginebreaker is a power that is separate from Kamijou Touma. It is an ability that chose to reside not in him but his right arm. The reversed passage of information is not enough and requires special circumstances where the imaginebreaker itself has to leak in to the network.
Old 2013-09-01, 16:56   Link #4484
omega253

I can understand that stuff about the Imagine Breaker.

I'm still in the process of writing Chapter 7. I've just made the risky decision of somehow managing to remove the Deep Blood Arc by making Izzard have a conversation with Touma.

Is this a bad decision? Because the Deep Blood Arc wasn't shown in the Manga either.
Old 2013-09-01, 17:00   Link #4485
Welsh_Dragon
The Red Dragon Emperor

@Tsunade the correct terminology is Inquisition or Witch Hunt. Oddly enough I just recently saw something about this on tv. If a person is accused of being a witch, they then undergo an inquisition/trial and regardless of innocence or guilt they are found to be a witch(guilty) and are sentenced to death. Once they have been put to death, the state then takes all the property the "witch" possessed. Of course this was all fueled by greed and jealousy over land, livestock and so on and the majority of accusations were mostly unfounded.
Welsh_Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 17:00   Link #4486
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Aurelious isn't a very important dude to the plot. Heck his arc is rarely referenced later on. So skipping him. Isn't a bad idea. I feel sorry for poor Himegami though.

About that upgrade. I just realized the girls would actually be processing part of imaginebreaker, something that blew a cyborg's arm to tiny bits...
Old 2013-09-01, 17:17   Link #4487
omega253

Let's just Handwave it as the girls in the network collaborating to regulate the flow of the Imagine Breaker.

And don't worry about dear Himegami! I didn't actually forget her! Spoilers below on what I've done with her.

Spoiler for To Ascend Spoilers:

And the idea of Touma teaming up alongside Izzard is kind of cool.
Old 2013-09-01, 17:20   Link #4488
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Sounds like something that would happen in your fic.
Old 2013-09-01, 17:27   Link #4489
omega253

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Sounds like something that would happen in your fic.
Is that an insult or a compliment? Because I can't really tell.
Old 2013-09-01, 17:28   Link #4490
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega253 View Post

Spoiler for To Ascend Spoilers:

And the idea of Touma teaming up alongside Izzard is kind of cool.
Will Touma get another free loader?

There is still floor for a bed to be set up and Touma is already set in his bathtub.
Old 2013-09-01, 17:34   Link #4491
omega253

Hrmm.... How to answer that.... For one thing, Index is staying with Kanzaki and Stiyl. They don't really trust my version of Touma because, well, it seems like if they left Index with him, more mind-screwy kinds of crap would happen. And they're right.

As for Himegami.....

Spoiler for Himegami's residence:

Does that answer your question?
Old 2013-09-01, 17:49   Link #4492
tsunade666

hmm okay, thanks for the answer. This Touma is really different. So I won't expect a sudden "wall" being created to see him in his bedroom.
Old 2013-09-01, 17:51   Link #4493
omega253

No, but you might want to be on the lookout for exploding walls.

I have plans~. *maniacal grin*
Old 2013-09-01, 18:36   Link #4494
omega253

Chapter 8 of In Memoriam just got released.

http://m.fanfiction.net/s/9442823/8/In-Memoriam
Old 2013-09-01, 18:43   Link #4495
tsunade666

yap, that just appear today. I already read it. Interesting because now its about Saten. The author alternates on the story to write. But I'm more excited on Index and Touma in the run. This index is different because she can use magic and probably isn't lied by the church but an Index that wants freedom. And that's where the problem will set. Its not about the church lying on kaori, styl and index but index running away. the solution would be different than the novel.
Old 2013-09-01, 18:53   Link #4496
omega253

It seems like Cerebus Syndrome got applied at the end of the chapter, though.....
Old 2013-09-01, 18:58   Link #4497
tsunade666

^ True because instead of becoming into vegetative state, they get brain hole damage. Specially with Uiharu crying.
Old 2013-09-01, 19:01   Link #4498
omega253

I wonder if Touma's perspective is next. Or perhaps Stiyl/Kanzaki will be introduced through their POV?

I'm eager to find out

Edit: I just found out my own fic, To Ascend, somehow has more reviews than In Mermoriam..... Can anyone explain how that happened?
Old 2013-09-01, 19:21   Link #4499
SmokinFerret88
Comrade Ferret

Quote:
I just found out my own fic, To Ascend, somehow has more reviews than In Mermoriam..... Can anyone explain how that happened?
Not a clue.

I'm still surprised that I surpassed Minds, Memories, and Misfortune, let alone everything else like A Certain Unknown Level 0. I'm starting to think that my goal of reaching the 1000 review mark isn't as far fetched as I initially believed....

Mugino is Love.

Mugino is Life.

Shizuri's my Dove.

Shizuri's my Wife.
SmokinFerret88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-01, 19:38   Link #4500
tsunade666

If tamni is much more popular 1000 reviews is easy but its not, which is why another reason I'm having doubts on to write something (aside from the lack of skills)

seeing the review count gives motivation for the author that someone is reading your work but what if there is no one reading it? it just felt like a waste though for some author they write because they like it but they also ask for to review weird

If I'm going to write, I will mean it and I will like it.

there are only few good fics to read in raildex and I stay away from mikotoxtouma pairing. I'm already having too much problem on them and there are already too many of them. The pairing already lost its charm on me. I prefer the less mentioned but has potential as a character than the usual character that was mentioned or seen.

Which is one of the reason I read fanfic. For a new and unique perspective and not to see what you usually see.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction