AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-09, 08:51   Link #41
espeon

Send a message via ICQ to espeon Send a message via MSN to espeon
Well that was one good epi, Felt like Kamisama Kazoku and Lovely complex. So i'll keep watching this one
espeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 10:36   Link #42
Edgewalker
Nani ?

That wasnt too bad, lots of fanservice but all of it felt casual, it goes well with the setting rather then feeling forced like most fanservice anime. It also looks like it has potential for an interesting story...( havent read manga )
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 11:07   Link #43
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Indeed, it had alot of fanservice, pretty interesteing first ep, I think this will turn out to be a pretty good anime
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 20:07   Link #44
froinlaven
Wanchu!

Not too much in the way of plot yet, but the excessive fanservice and really sweet art are enough to make me keep watching for now. Plus the mermaid is so freakin' weird!

Full impressions here.
froinlaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 01:23   Link #45
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

lol i dont think she's a mermaid >.< i think he probably just jumped to conclusions as a kid
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 01:29   Link #46
tritoch

I love green haired girls- C.C. and Asa-senpai as most notable green haired girls. The girl in this show *is* one elite green haired girl.
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 08:40   Link #47
jtrog

Ep1 has a good story. The best part was Kaname Okimura prespective view. He was explaining the Swim team, he looked over at the guys and you saw like un defined blobs of moving things that were boys. Then he described the girls and , you was crystal perfection beyond 1000 percent. Hahaha.
jtrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 11:40   Link #48
masama
use the fōrks ~

I hurt my head so much trying to figure out where I saw such character designs. gave up soon after and google it, its that manga about long jump I read a while ago.

I find the character designs strangely attractive, I think the author did a pretty good job making his work distinctive.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 15:14   Link #49
hi no ken Jebus

Spoiler for ep 2:
hi no ken Jebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 20:28   Link #50
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Pretty entertaining first ep, on the whole - though the character designs and backgrounds were fairly odd.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-10, 21:28   Link #51
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Personally what I really liked from this series is the seifuku. I don't know, but ever since Stellvia I always had a thing for one piece girl's uniforms; to me it just seems cuter maybe because its rarer I guess.

For a mucho fanservice show, I can actually stomach it for some reason. Main reason might be because the entire show is about swimming, of which I am already expecting it, I dunno. Of course, the show implying that the protagonist and female lead met each other when they were small goes a long way for me lol. :whistle:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 00:01   Link #52
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi no ken Jebus View Post
Spoiler for ep 2:
Spoiler:
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 02:17   Link #53
Lunacy

I can't agree more that Umisho's fan-service doesn't seem too overpowering. Although, I'm not sure I can call it tasteful since we have Ikariya, the president of their swimming club or whatever. Regardless, I still like him and I find him to be absolutely hilarious! I can't wait to be introduced to more of Umisho's wacky characters. I am really really attracted to the character design, also.

Is it too early to ask how many episodes are planned for Umisho?
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 02:29   Link #54
aardvark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacy View Post

Is it too early to ask how many episodes are planned for Umisho?
I can't see them stretching this out over more than 13 episodes, but you never know.

2nd episode was just ridiculous, and still uproariously funny. I'm not usually up for shows that are totally fanservice driven, but I really dig the overall style of the show
Spoiler:
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 08:19   Link #55
Advent7

The first episode was enough to keep me going, I hope it continues to do well and not get to even more ridiculous with the fan service. But the story moves along well and for some reason i like the animation.
Advent7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-11, 18:56   Link #56
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Hmmm still trying to figure out how I managed to watch that much fan-service without it getting on my nerves...I guess because except for a scene or two they seemed to integrate it rather naturally into the flow of things maybe.

That or it was the character designs. They looked alittle odd at first, but the more I watched they do have a certain charm to them that I cant deny heh. Ah well I havent watched a completely unabashed ecchi series in awhile and this seems to fit the bill nicely.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-12, 15:13   Link #57
ZippyDSM
Incoherance is my friend!

A nice lil ecchi anime not pointlessly censored to death,this is a almost artistic level of fanserivce its not to much its not lil,if you think the fan service is to much you got issues.....really this is tasteful ecchi,I wish more shows could incorporate this level of simple fan services into TV eps,the shadows and clinging cloths are somewhat dumb looking,this with the camera angled off most of the offensive parts is good.

All in all looks to be a fun lil show.
ZippyDSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 05:34   Link #58
masama
use the fōrks ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZippyDSM View Post
the shadows and clinging cloths are somewhat dumb looking,this with the camera angled off most of the offensive parts is good.
Yup, the censorship is very well done and you can see they actually put some thoughts into it .

I hate it when they use shadows/ icons etc that blatantly block out parts or even half the screen. In recent anime I find the censorship in Sayonara Zetsubou sensei a bit disturbing.
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 07:40   Link #59
Karnot
Banned

Quote:
I find the censorship in Sayonara Zetsubou sensei a bit disturbing.
Yes, that was quite a turn off, wasnt it ? I mean, a totally mood-ruining turn off.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-13, 08:05   Link #60
kaerstan01
c'mon wimp!

the green haired chick reminds me of nodame megumi...
kaerstan01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen