AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 14 Rating
Perfect 10 104 53.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 28.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 8.76%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 4.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 2.58%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.03%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.03%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-10, 12:57   Link #41
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
Kiddy Grade-and is listed on the newtype listing as "Time/Date TBA". If it was starting on the 15th, it wouldn't be there since the listing ends on 10/10.

And there is that Hokkaido station listing 26 as being the last Haruhi ep.
Well, to add to the confusion, Moonphase's listings today have Kiddy Grade-and listed on Tokyo MX in Haruhi's timeslot starting on 10/09, which would be 27 episodes? Who knows... Regardless, it seems pretty clear that the show isn't going to just roll into a third cour.
Old 2009-09-10, 13:05   Link #42
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Well, to add to the confusion, Moonphase's listings today have Kiddy Grade-and listed on Tokyo MX in Haruhi's timeslot starting on 10/09, which would be 27 episodes? Who knows... Regardless, it seems pretty clear that the show isn't going to just roll into a third cour.
This just remembered me. Haven't Haruhi-chan OP said it would be 2 cours? Or it was the ED?
Old 2009-09-10, 13:06   Link #43
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

How long has there been an official episode list past the unaired episode? Last I knew they were still 'hush-hush' about what's going to take place in this airing, even the number of episodes. They're still being secretive about future episode titles, though. Which is perfectly reasonable given that they haven't revealed any yet (and don't need to because most series don't anyway). Other than the early Endless Eight Newtype confirming it would end at 8 lol.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-09-10, 13:09   Link #44
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Moonphase is a rumor site. Although it's more accurate than, say, Sankaku Complex, it's still a rumor site.
Old 2009-09-10, 13:23   Link #45
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Loved the episode this week. Even though I understood all of, maybe, twenty words of the dialogue. My usual over-the-top reaction will come after the subs come out.

As for the speculation, I will make my prediction now:

Nothing out of the ordinary will happen. The rest of S1 will rumble on like a freight train, Someday in the Rain will be the last episode and we'll all be mildly disappointed at (though entirely used to) the lack of Disappearance this year. Whatever will happen with Disappearance likely won't happen until at least the next block of reruns ends in December, or whenever such things usually end in moonspeak-land.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-09-10, 13:45   Link #46
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Regardless, it seems pretty clear that the show isn't going to just roll into a third cour.
No, it's not clear at all.
Old 2009-09-10, 13:48   Link #47
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

'TMoHS' getting a third cour is pretty unlikely, I think, but the Haruhi anime series getting a third cour is definitely possible. Assuming I'm using 'cour' correctly, of course lol.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2009-09-10, 14:15   Link #48
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Moonphase is a rumor site. Although it's more accurate than, say, Shitkaku Complex, it's still a rumor site.
No, let's get this straight.

Moonphase (the site) is 100% accurate. The information on there is always verified and latest.
The moonphase blog is ~99.9% accurate for news except when it is clearly marked as a rumor. Note that he doesn't post random rumors and usually has some evidence to back up any he posts (including insider info). Usually they are true up to the fine details.
Old 2009-09-10, 14:16   Link #49
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Moonphase is a rumor site. Although it's more accurate than, say, Sankaku Complex, it's still a rumor site.
Fine, but when they have specific dates and times listed on the anime airing schedule, it's not as if they just made it up either. Of course nothing is 100% fool-proof, and things are always subject to change.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
No, it's not clear at all.
Well, I guess it's for you to decide just how much evidence you need to draw what you feel is a reasonable conclusion.

If they were going to roll into a third cour right away, one would have to wonder when they're going to start releasing the DVDs, given that they're already solicited the current run until end-March. It would be very unusual for them to release a 14-episode show on 8 DVDs if it's actually a 26-28 episode show that's in one set. This would push the new DVDs until more than 3 months after the airing, which is quite atypical. What is more on-pattern with this release pattern would be to have a subsequent season air in either Winter or Spring, so that it could pick right up off the DVDs and continue. Combine this with the reports about KG2 taking the timeslot, and that's why I said "it seems pretty clear". Do we know for a fact? Of course not -- as I said before, the whole point is to keep things a secret. Could they do something off-pattern and unexpected? Sure they could. But based on the DVDs, the lack of new solicitations for Haruhi OP/ED CDs, the timeslot being apparently taken... I just don't think media publishers can be that unpredictable.

And of course, I'm only talking about "rolling into" another cour -- as in, it just keeps on going. Of course I think another season/continuation is going to come at some point.
Old 2009-09-10, 14:27   Link #50
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
No, let's get this straight.

Moonphase (the site) is 100% accurate. The information on there is always verified and latest.
The moonphase blog is ~99.9% accurate for news except when it is clearly marked as a rumor. Note that he doesn't post random rumors and usually has some evidence to back up any he posts (including insider info). Usually they are true up to the fine details.
I remember moonphase reporting that Haruhi 2 would air in Fall '07, like I said before...

In any case, until we get completely official confirmation, I ain't buying it.

Quote:
But based on the DVDs, the lack of new solicitations for Haruhi OP/ED CDs, the timeslot being apparently taken... I just don't think media publishers can be that unpredictable.
Before BLR aired there was absolutely no indication that any new merchandise was being produced.

They intentionally kept us in the dark, and who's to say they're not doing it again?
Old 2009-09-10, 14:30   Link #51
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
For Haruhi's sakes people... don't get your hopes up concerning Disappearance. Haven't you been falsely teased about that enough to know to be very skeptical when it comes to getting more Disappearance?

Keep a close eye on what KyoAni and/or Kadokawa does for the next few weeks (just in case), but expect this to be it.

If it's not, you'll be pleasantly surprised.

If it is, you'll be prepared.

A lot of people here are setting themselves up for disappointment with yet more strong hope...
Old 2009-09-10, 14:59   Link #52
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Haven't you been falsely teased about that enough to know to be very skeptical when it comes to getting more Disappearance?
Falsely?
Re-run is not yet over.
Old 2009-09-10, 15:01   Link #53
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Before BLR aired there was absolutely no indication that any new merchandise was being produced.

They intentionally kept us in the dark, and who's to say they're not doing it again?
Well, I don't want to keep derailing this thread, but that's not quite true. There were a number of leaks and rumours about it. Plus, they did announce that Haruhi was actually going to air in that timeslot, they just didn't tell us what the content would be. All their merchandise actually did have the usual 6-8 week solicitation lead time; BLR aired a month before the rest of the new episodes, which allowed them to pull off the "surprise". It was clever, but not that clever in retrospect. Just very good timing.

Quote:
I remember moonphase reporting that Haruhi 2 would air in Fall '07, like I said before...
That wasn't a rumour. Otherwise, why would they have announced the cancellation? And again, as bayoab said, there's a difference between rumours posted on the blog, and the actual TV airing schedule (which is what I was referring to earlier). The TV Airing Schedule isn't based on rumour, which is why it's considered authoritative by most everyone.
Old 2009-09-10, 15:11   Link #54
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Okay, let's not talk about the possibility of more new episodes anymore, it's derailing the thread...

Instead, let me say that this episode was awesome. If they can keep pulling this off for a third cour at some point in the future, I'll be happy.
Old 2009-09-10, 15:14   Link #55
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Damn, too bad they skipped the LOL-Fang-Tan -> sky shot scene. But major LOL at the scene where Shamisen first spoke. Great reactions by the cast there. And I wonder what those warrior guys were referencing? Yeah, the exposition in this ep crit me hard (need subs to get most of it).

Anyway, excellent episode overall (comes with a nice display of lighting and shadow effects). Too bad we didn't get to see the ninja editing and the recording of Koi no Mikuru Densetsu (not that these were on the source anyway) -- though the late-night editing scene in the clubroom was good enough (lol-worthy) IMO. It's expected I guess, as so much was covered by this episode that both the OP and ED were skipped. The Sighs prologue tacked at the end did feel a little odd, as it's basically the epilogue of Melancholy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
For Haruhi's sakes people... don't get your hopes up concerning Disappearance. Haven't you been falsely teased about that enough to know to be very skeptical when it comes to getting more Disappearance?
Too late for that. Two years late, in fact. And we're not hoping for it to come -- it's not a question of if, but when. It'll be out when it's ready. In the meantime... enjoy the hype.

And as Daniel Lind pointed out, the rerun is not yet over. Also note that there was no future project announcement by KyoAni at the end of K-On! (that is, IIRC). I won't be surprised if the future project announcement at the end of this run's not related to Haruhi though...
Old 2009-09-10, 15:16   Link #56
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Damn, too bad they skipped the LOL-Fang-Tan -> sky shot scene. But major LOL at the scene where Shamisen first spoke. Great reactions by the cast there. And I wonder what those warrior guys were referencing?
They skipped what?

And the warrior guys are Generic JRPG IV references.
Old 2009-09-10, 15:21   Link #57
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

Quote:
They skipped what?
The part where Tsuruya starts laughing because she can't stop herself while talking to Mikuru. The camera then pans to the window iirc and Kyon mentions something about that odd transition. Something like that, it's been awhile.

Old 2009-09-10, 15:22   Link #58
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

...That wasn't in Sigh(s), though.
Old 2009-09-10, 15:25   Link #59
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A lot of the scenes in the movie weren't in Sigh. A lot of the action in Sigh wasn't in the movie during 00....just who is editting this movie? And when did they have time to not only write, but also get Mikuru to sing the theme song?

It is one of the many Haurhi mysteries.
Old 2009-09-10, 15:26   Link #60
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

I think Ice Block just wanted to see them film it though lol. I would like to know why the camera would pan randomly to the window and sky, though...Kyon covering up his laziness probably. What a slouch.

Closed Thread