AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-01-26, 23:42   Link #361
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

LOL, Obama is a Yazuka?
Old 2011-01-27, 02:01   Link #362
Key Board
Carbon

http://img683.imageshack.us/f/12960072088311.jpg/

The manga is taking the typical boo hoo, everyone bullies on Japan route

Huge mistake. That's what discouraged me from the series in the first place.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 06:07   Link #363
Wigwams

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
they probably would be happy. She gets the guy and the French get the only male pilot in the world like they wanted.

btw when does Tabane make her first appearance in the LN?
i think it is more likely charlotte would go to japan, rather than ichika going to france.
Old 2011-01-27, 17:35   Link #364
zerodragon

what is with them using the president so much. I tired of see him!
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 22:03   Link #365
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Obama is popular world wide, and I've heard he's very popular in Japan. Though Obama's attitude surprised me, I'll take it as a joke.

Is it just me, or did the art quality decline since the previous chapter?

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 00:12   Link #366
Kyuusaisha

Hm, is that Ran I spot with my little eye(!?) in the next episode preview?
When is she joining the harem?
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 00:30   Link #367
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Ran will be revealed next episode as Dan's sister and that she likes Ichika. She hasn't attend IS Academy even in the last novel volume.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 05:53   Link #368
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Is Ran suppose to be introduce this early?
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 06:45   Link #369
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
Is Ran suppose to be introduce this early?
it IS the novels being compressed, so we're gonna expect some minor detail changes... after all, as klash said somewhere in AS, nobody likes a long speech
Old 2011-01-28, 10:54   Link #370
Dahak86
Classics never age

is the 'unregistered core' thing in the LNs too?
Old 2011-01-28, 20:28   Link #371
Blue-Ultimate
Strategic Impersonator

Well since the anime just said
Spoiler for for ep 4:

I do wonder how the light novel is compared to the anime, because many anime tend to change storyline *sigh* so did this really happen in the LN too?

Oh And I'm DYING to know somebody tell me.

Is there a I hate Ichika party in the school?

Like come on Cecilia can't be the only Girl in the entire school who hates Ichika, that's impossible. I'm sure that there has to be a group of girls that UNconditionally hates Ichika (and doesn't go dere dere on him like Cecilia)only because he is a boy and they think that IS is a Womans world and totally despises him just for that. And also just because he is the "only" guy able to pilot one he gets a Personal IS, Just complete and utter resentment.

It would make the stories so much more funnier.
Please tell me is it in the light-novel, or is there any mention of one in the upcoming novel 7(or 8 don't know what the last novel is that came out).

It could have potential for a new Harem member, a girl in that group that keeps challenging Ichika out of pure hatred to bring him down. But gets beat up only because she doesn't have a Personal IS and never will get one, unlike Houki, and hates Houki for that matter too.
Blue-Ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-28, 22:55   Link #372
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate View Post
I do wonder how the light novel is compared to the anime, because many anime tend to change storyline *sigh* so did this really happen in the LN too?
Comparing ep4, rather than change stuff I say the anime seem more of the habit of omitting minor details...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 00:34   Link #373
demonfang

It's actually 467 IS cores produced by Tabane, not 476.
demonfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 00:50   Link #374
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-Ultimate View Post
Well since the anime just said
Spoiler for for ep 4:

Oh And I'm DYING to know somebody tell me.

Is there a I hate Ichika party in the school?

Like come on Cecilia can't be the only Girl in the entire school who hates Ichika, that's impossible. I'm sure that there has to be a group of girls that UNconditionally hates Ichika (and doesn't go dere dere on him like Cecilia)only because he is a boy and they think that IS is a Womans world and totally despises him just for that. And also just because he is the "only" guy able to pilot one he gets a Personal IS, Just complete and utter resentment.

It would make the stories so much more funnier.
Please tell me is it in the light-novel, or is there any mention of one in the upcoming novel 7(or 8 don't know what the last novel is that came out).

It could have potential for a new Harem member, a girl in that group that keeps challenging Ichika out of pure hatred to bring him down. But gets beat up only because she doesn't have a Personal IS and never will get one, unlike Houki, and hates Houki for that matter too.
Technically the Fallen Nation Corp spites Ichika. While they already hated the Orimuras for Chifuyu's refusal to join FNC, the fact her kid brother is now piloting his own super robot suit which could stand between world domination pretty much now wants him dead
Old 2011-01-29, 04:53   Link #375
neowind

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Technically the Fallen Nation Corp spites Ichika. While they already hated the Orimuras for Chifuyu's refusal to join FNC, the fact her kid brother is now piloting his own super robot suit which could stand between world domination pretty much now wants him dead

so thats the evil group that wants to taek over? i thought it had a different name?
neowind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-29, 06:38   Link #376
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

There's no I hate Ichika group. It's not like Ichika's acting cocky and challenge every strong person in the academy, so there's almost no reason to hate him. The Fallen Nation Corp is officially named Phantom Task as of vol 6, and yes Ran is first introduced in vol 2, which is ep 5 in anime.

Gonna continue vol 6 translation either later or tomorrow. Hopefully I can finish it before Wednesday.
Old 2011-01-29, 19:27   Link #377
Maverick05

Sorry to bother, but got a question:

What happened to Ichika and Chifuyu`s parrents. I know they "abandon" them, but was it before Chifuyu became an IS pilot or after? And have they tell why?
Maverick05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-30, 23:42   Link #378
darkalpha

While I'm largely trying to avoid spoilers on what happens later into the series, I did read through some of the IS elements and the backstory. While I'm not going to argue with the apparent absurdities of the technology level displayed in IS, there's something else that I found to be really hard to believe: the fact there is a widespread preconception that women are now considered to be 'superior' to men in the series.

I don't remember exactly when IS was supposed to take place, but if I'm not mistaken, it's only couple of years or so from now, yet there's supposedly a shift in the views of women being superior to men.

Yeah, right. A majority of the world population's religion subscribes to out-dated belief that women should be subservient/sumbissive or clearly prohibit them certain level of freedom and rights (ESPECIALLY in the Middle East). Even Christanity, one of world's largest religions, isn't above putting certain limitations on women. And yet IS story is saying that the entire world has accepted (or at least tolerate) the overwhelming advantage women has with IS?

Sorry, that's just not gonna happen. We already have all problems with equity and racial biases throughout the world, and even the Vacatian is very reluctant to accept some changes the modern world has brought to the world through technology and science. I'm not arguing against the idea of women finally having the equity that they deserve, but the reality isn't always nice.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if IS (and Japan in general as well as any countries that have recieved the IS technology under the MAD agreement) has come under attack by various factions and radical groups, even to the point of sending suicide bombers after them.

While I'm going to just enjoy the show (and the novels, if it's ever translated) for what it is, this was just something that popped in my mind and wouldn't let go. It'd be nice if this was explained in more detail later on, either in the anime or novels. At least admit that there's some degree of resistance to the concept of "women > men" outside of IS Academy; don't sugar-coat it by keeping the viewers/readers confined to the school and it's biased enviroment.
darkalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-31, 01:36   Link #379
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, if women are the only one that can use gun and other advanced weaponry, wouldn't the situation change too. For example, women can threaten all the men in the country by saying "unless you gave us better treatment and take us as 'superior', we will leave this country to other country that give us the treatment that we want, or even worse, the women can just make their own country since they hold a weapon that no other weapon can defeat anyway. Imagine that should an IS be used to commit killings to men, how should men do to protect themselves? They can only ask help from women right? In that situation, the women can ask for anything they want, even power and influence.

Preconception still holds to this day because men still have more power than women to back it up(generally speaking), and no matter how much we sugarcoat it, the jungle law of the stronger one make the rules still holds true, so if someday woman become stronger than man, we may find the wife in the house is the one that does domestic violence instead of man, and that they hold more power in the world than men, so the concept is not too far-fetched.
Old 2011-01-31, 01:39   Link #380
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Uh can we not bring this thread into a whole "I hate religion" thing or blame everything on religion? The whole Man superior than Woman has been in existence since caveman times. Biologically speaking barring exceptions, men are stronger than woman, end of story and that's how society has been shaped.

The thing with IS is that it's literally a super weapon and since only women can use it, that means that if it ever did bog down to a man vs. woman fight, women would come out top. THis is what the students said when Ichika challenged Cecila.

But seriously you guys, this whole thing was set up so they could insert one random guy into a school full of girls, it's literally setting him up for the harem.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen