AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-06, 08:49   Link #16681
Eratas123

@ Senpai - That would mean he learned all of his skills so far in just 4 years. Isn't that a bit too quick? Also, would having him adopt a crouched or primal stance in combat be reasonable?

Side note - I'm surprised the Teacher didn't do anything to calm him down.
Old 2012-01-06, 08:54   Link #16682
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Four years ain't that short, frankly, if you compare the timeline, Charles gain all those skill of her in 2 years, and Cecilia in 3 years or so. Laura was the only one that is trained as a soldier for a decade, even then she just learn how to use I.S. properly at age 13 (when she meet Chifuyu)

Child genius ain't that rare in I.S. verse

Side note - What's more interesting that duel between I.S. cadet rep? At least the Teacher stop them before they pour the hell during the class-time, and inform them that they can use the Arena later.
Old 2012-01-06, 09:02   Link #16683
Eratas123

.....I hate this timeline The only problem there is one, and one thing only: Most of those characters had people teaching them or even had the luxury of personal instructors. Irish is self taught and this shows whenever he fights since he uses pragmatic combat and very undisciplined in all of his skills. Hence why he begs Maya to teach him Judo later.

Side note - Ren's a candidate?
Old 2012-01-06, 09:05   Link #16684
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
.....I hate this timeline The only problem there is one, and one thing only: Most of those characters had people teaching them or even had the luxury of personal instructors. Irish is self taught and this shows whenever he fights since he uses pragmatic combat and very undisciplined in all of his skills. Hence why he begs Maya to teach him Judo later.
Hmm, that's going to be messy indeed.

Quote:
Side note - Ren's a candidate?
Yes, he is. Lala too. As well as Haruna.
Old 2012-01-06, 09:11   Link #16685
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Think I should just go ahead and say the IS was around longer? If not, I could just say that Tabane gave the cores to PT first and they abused them.

Side note - Not Run?
Old 2012-01-06, 09:16   Link #16686
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthernalRain View Post
Sup guys, just quickly dropping in.

Hey, Meister, I remember reading that you were planning on using Kyuukai.

I'm fine with it, but if I may ask, what's his role?
First he's a Masked Gentleman who helps the Idols in non-arena fights early on. He is later revealed to be Tabane's adopted child. Haven't thought of other details yet, but he is also shipped to Laura eventually.

Quote:
@ Meistah - Does Karon or anyone in her family have red eyes? Yukiko has red eyes and that's a very rare eye color, especially by today's standards.
...red contacts? I basically was supposed to shop that image first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Stealing characters from Ben-to? For shame.
Sen is what you get when you combine Yuu-kun's cool and colors with Karon's crazy fighting skills!

But yeah, needed the photoshop first.
Old 2012-01-06, 09:18   Link #16687
Eratas123

@ Meistah - So her looking like Tatenashi was just a coincidence Anyway, how old is Yukiko supposed to be in that image?
Old 2012-01-06, 09:25   Link #16688
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Think I should just go ahead and say the IS was around longer? If not, I could just say that Tabane gave the cores to PT first and they abused them.
More or less Tabane's greatest mistake, adding more stuff depending on Tabane's reaction to that.

Quote:
Side note - Not Run?
No, they're separated when they're 10 with Run and her mom went to Japan, while Ren and his dad stay in Australia, like Rito and Haruna, they're quite old being 16 years at the start of story, despite being a first year.

Run pursue a career as Idol, while Ren wanted to continue his father's legacy as the owner of Jade Metal Lyman, most prominent Heavy Industry in Australia.

Also, to avoid misspelling with the verb, she's changed to 'Lun', Ren and Lun... R and L
Old 2012-01-06, 09:30   Link #16689
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Tabane ignores her mistakes, no matter how severe. This in turn causes her to ignore Irish since he's the only one, bar some others, who call her out on being a person who toy's with people lives. Of course, Irish being unwilling to let go of his past and prejudices is his own flaw and it cost him in the Mondo Grosso defense.

Side note - Are male reps more popular than female ones? It's been mentioned that male idols and stars actually became more popular due to the sexism and "valuable guys" being more wanted.
Old 2012-01-06, 09:38   Link #16690
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - Tabane ignores her mistakes, no matter how severe. This in turn causes her to ignore Irish since he's the only one, bar some others, who call her out on being a person who toy's with people lives. Of course, Irish being unwilling to let go of his past and prejudices is his own flaw and it cost him in the Mondo Grosso defense.
Hmm.... very delicious.

Quote:
Side note - Are male reps more popular than female ones? It's been mentioned that male idols and stars actually became more popular due to the sexism and "valuable guys" being more wanted.
Yes, valuable guys indeed. This is the reason Yuu was damn popular in the JSDF corps' female cadets, usually has the largest number of pin-up in JSDF official calendar as well as biggest poster in JSDF-related magazine.

Well, Ren was the fourth guy (Ichika, Charles, Rito), and second Transexual after Charles. However, Ren's reason is more complex and not forced: He was really born a female but genetically speaking he's male..

This is getting more and more complicated after core 315, owned by Degtaryev Russia, and core 205, owned by ST Kinesthetic Singapore, was declared 'gay', as in, only accept male pilots. Chaotic situation ensues
Old 2012-01-06, 09:41   Link #16691
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm thinking of a scene that involves Chifuyu but I'm not sure if it's very Chifuyu like @_@
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 09:42   Link #16692
Eratas123

@ Senpai - What's with the blank response to the first question?

Side note - Ichika tends to get offers and at one point even an interview. Will the star part of being an idol be explored?

@ Demi - Got something, eh? Just type it and we'll see.
Old 2012-01-06, 09:47   Link #16693
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@ Meistah - So her looking like Tatenashi was just a coincidence Anyway, how old is Yukiko supposed to be in that image?
She's 15 in my story. She shadows Riz, who is her mentor. Her size is due to good genes I suppose; Erin is a bit taller and Mafuyu is shorter. Natalie is tallest, and has a huge rack from her mom.
Old 2012-01-06, 09:49   Link #16694
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Just saw the answer

@ Meistah - How did she get a decent height when her mom is a shorttank and her dad's a shota? Did she inherit her Grandparent's genes?
Old 2012-01-06, 09:55   Link #16695
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - What's with the blank response to the first question?
Accidentally erased. I mean that's a good interpretation of her character as Chaotic neutral.

Quote:
Side note - Ichika tends to get offers and at one point even an interview. Will the star part of being an idol be explored?
Some of them, yes. Ichika was unquestionably a popular model by the time V5 rolls. Usually paired with Charles for homoerotic overtone. Obviously Chifuyu is not amused, though she let them anyway.

Ren's case is started after it's revealed that he's Lun's twin brother, boosting their popularity by huge margin.

Spoiler for Lol:
Old 2012-01-06, 09:56   Link #16696
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Again, Irish was just stunted by his suit. Yukiko shows his "potential".
Old 2012-01-06, 10:01   Link #16697
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Chifuyu: *sits down to dinner and pops open a beer*

Chifuyu's daughter: Mom, you know you promised dad that you'd stop drinking without an occasion.

Chifuyu: *sly smile and wink* Don't worry, he's not here now. Besides, there is an occasion.

Chifuyu's daughter: really?

Chifuyu: Yes, my daughter is now a teenager! Cheers! *she raises the can and brings it to her lips to chug down.*

Chifuyu's daughter: That's not usually something parents celebrate about.

Chifuyu: Why not?

Chifuyu's daughter: Because teenagers are hard to control and keep out of trouble. It's the age they start dating and get into lots of really bad situations.

Chifuyu: Well, you're a big girl and I doubt you'd really disobey the house rules... *cold stare* would you?

Chifuyu's daughter: *gulp* no ma'am

Chifuyu: Good girl *cheerfully slugs down the rest of the can*

Chifuyu's daughter: But you really ought to stop drinking.

Chifuyu: But I want t~o *whines like a child*

Chifuyu's daughter: You used to be a lot more strict than this.

Chifuyu: *glint in her eyes* are you implying that I'm loose?

Chifuyu's daughter: No *looks nervous* just that you drink too much compared to before.

Chifuyu: It almost sounds like you're going to do something about it. *she pops open a second can* Think you can?

Chifuyu's daughter: *stares at her mother... then grabs the can and chugs it down straight* I challenge you to a drinking contest! Loser has to do what the winner says!

Chifuyu: Ohohoho! My daughter's really grown up if she's so defiant *she has a look in her eyes that promises punishment* but I accept your challenge!

the two start drinking.

Chifuyu: You'll never beat me *throws down her 8th beer in the running*

Chifuyu's daughter: I will! *forces down the 6th can of bitter liquid* This is my only chance to get you to listen to me.

Chifuyu: Oh? How do you know that I won't just ignore the results?

Chifuyu's daughter: Because you always do what dad says when he beats you at this.

Chifuyu: *spits out her 9th can of beer and starts foaming at the mouth. Wondering if her daughter ever saw the prize daddy got whenever he beat mommy at this game*

----------------------------

I thought a few years of married life would make Chifuyu... a bit more lax so to speak.
Old 2012-01-06, 10:06   Link #16698
Eratas123

@ Meistah - Irish must feel sore about his own kid being about a head taller than him

@ Demi - You forgot to add the part where Ichika comes home and both of them suddenly have their clothes off Still, Chifuyu celebrating her kid being a teenager because she knows no one would be crazy enough to disobey her is effing hilarious.

@ Senpai - Can you think of a fatal flaw for Ichika? Irish's is anger and Kyuukai's is pride. Ichika's was supposed to be his chronic hero syndrome, but that flaw seems a bit too positive.

Side note - How do they hide Rito's status? Doesn't he go to IS afademy?
Old 2012-01-06, 10:09   Link #16699
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: With Ichika being somewhat dependable now, I think Chifuyu would let herself loosen up like this more often. Don't you think? And the image you gave me just made me light headed... from blood loss!
Old 2012-01-06, 10:11   Link #16700
Eratas123

3 way Then again, Orimura Jr likes Shouta in Future Imperfect No one can resist his moe charms! Females feel like hugging him whenever he stutters.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest