Notices

Old 2004-02-10, 21:11   Link #21
Wolfwood2970

I downloaded it from Wannabe Fansubs (Fansubbing group) and it doesnt work
Wolfwood2970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 21:12   Link #22
AnimeOni
Raid-the-mods

WTF. OK. I watched ep1 (Wannabe) and I am so confused. It's so bad that it's funny. Maybe watch a few more eps before I can judge if it's bad.
________
No2 Review

Last edited by AnimeOni; 2011-03-05 at 11:00.
AnimeOni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-10, 23:26   Link #23
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurie-chan
What did everyone think about this new OVA series? I thought it was funny and great.

I even liked the movie style ending credits too!!!
I really liked it--I thought it was better than most of the shows airing right now (although for me, anyway, the current crop is kind of weak). I'm sad to see it's just a one-shot, but maybe it'll get made into at least a 13ep series someday--it's got the potential to have a pretty interesting plot.
suguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 05:04   Link #24
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Tenbatsu is an OVA. The first episode got aired on TV as a promotion sort of thing, a few more episodes are planned, but only as DVD releases (unless they decide more "promotion" is needed).
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 07:20   Link #25
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

hm...in wannabefansubs version at the end it said "To be continue on a novel". So I'm guessing a novel is in the works also. Or I'm I wrong about this.
Old 2004-02-11, 07:28   Link #26
rayearth

Send a message via ICQ to rayearth
Hmm, now that I take a look again, it does say that... I haven't been following up on the news for this series, but you can look up the official website at tenbatsu.com.
rayearth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-11, 09:58   Link #27
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
i downloaded this anime and didn't watch it though... it looks like a CCS and Cosmopolitan Prayers kinda thing... lots of transforming animes coming out this year... Yumeria and Chrono Crusade also has transformations... ^^
ZGMF-X10A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 15:06   Link #28
otakujohn

I just got done watching this, and I must say, Lasty rocks! She's too damn cute.

So the TV and OAV eps are exactly the same correct? I think Anime News Network has erroneously listed the OAV as the "sequal" to the TV release. I do hope we see more episodes of this, or a translated release of the novel. I need more Lasty.
otakujohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 17:27   Link #29
zalas
tsubasa o sagashite

Send a message via ICQ to zalas
Quote:
Originally Posted by otakujohn
I just got done watching this, and I must say, Lasty rocks! She's too damn cute.

So the TV and OAV eps are exactly the same correct? I think Anime News Network has erroneously listed the OAV as the "sequal" to the TV release. I do hope we see more episodes of this, or a translated release of the novel. I need more Lasty.
It is supposedly an OAV, or was claimed to be. They sold it on a single DVD, which came out about 2-3 weeks after they aired it on TV as a 'sneak peak'. There may be more TV episodes, but right now I think the OAV did what it was supposed to do, which is to draw fans and promote the novel that will be coming out.
zalas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 20:12   Link #30
ShadowLady
Darkness Prevails

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowLady Send a message via MSN to ShadowLady
Thumbs down

I thought it was awesome... NOT
ShadowLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-12, 21:50   Link #31
otakujohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowLady
Old 2004-02-12, 22:12   Link #32
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by otakujohn

I know, one episode is way too short...I wonder if the "novel" it'll be continued in is an actual book, or if it'll be continued in manga form. I couldn't find anything on tenbatsu.net that indicated more episodes coming, but hopefully it'll sell well enough they'll consider it.
Old 2004-02-12, 22:49   Link #33
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
That was just plain mean.

And Lastly is very cute in her chibi and her transformation forms.
Old 2004-02-13, 02:27   Link #34
suguru
京都 ikitai~

And since kawaii sells well in Japan, maybe we will see more episodes, it's #883 in sales on amazon.co.jp right now:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...312030-8132322

It looks like the book is coming out March 25th...now if only I could understand Japanese...
Old 2004-02-13, 07:28   Link #35
ShadowLady
Darkness Prevails

Send a message via ICQ to ShadowLady Send a message via MSN to ShadowLady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitaro
That was just plain mean.

And Lastly is very cute in her chibi and her transformation forms.
Sorry but I am just plain mean. I believe I actually fell asleep during the end and rewatched a part and felt like I didn't miss anything at all.
ShadowLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-13, 15:16   Link #36
otakujohn

Quote:
Sorry but I am just plain mean. I believe I actually fell asleep during the end and rewatched a part and felt like I didn't miss anything at all.

seriously tho, I guess you just have to like that sort of thing. I'm the type of fan that goes nuts over the cute stuff because I think it's attractive.
All the current "popular" series you see overrunning anime conventions don't interest me in the slightest. It all depends on taste.
Old 2004-02-13, 21:35   Link #37
aiwa

Send a message via AIM to aiwa
I can clear up some confusion i think, first off angel rabbie is a one episode OVA that is going to be continued in a novel, the company has stated that if the OVA sells well they may do more episodes, they did not say if the episodes they may do would follow the novel or not. And also i have the DVD of the OVA, came with a nifty statue of Lasty and a Music DVD of Under 17. it is quite a nice show, i hope to get the novel once it is released.
aiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 01:38   Link #38
Lina
moo.

Oh man... I wanna be nice but really I thought it just flat-out sucked. The character designs are cute, sure, but the plot is literally mashed with so many cliches it isn't funny.

You got space angels, magical girl sequences, Earth in ruins, medieval settings... and your typical 'kawaii' anime heroine who IS LATE! OMG! WHO SAW THAT COMING? I DIDN'T. I'm not going to even mention the plot hole after commercial break where I had absolutely no idea what was going on. It's like a scene was cut out. Lasty just popped inside the stone face somehow and she was breaking down for some reason not quite clear!!

I was thinking about giving this anime another chance for the sake of the designs, but that quickly left my mind once Lasty, who looks about 13, had her transformation sequence where I think I said "Oh god no."
Lina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-14, 01:46   Link #39
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

I have to agree with Lina, the characters are really cute and adorable especially Lasty, but the anime's plot is bad.
Old 2004-02-14, 01:58   Link #40
Somedude

I actually liked it. Sure it's not the BEST thing ever made, but it's entertaining. It's something that I could see making a good series. Plus, I'm a sucker for guitar rock in anime.
Somedude is offline   Reply With Quote