AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-12-16, 20:27   Link #161
Chichiryuushintei

Does anyone know which chapter the anime will end on? I don't think I can wait for a season 2 wiith this one.
Old 2017-12-16, 21:07   Link #162
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The mystery builds. So that thing was basically....Sensei's dog. Well that he has some kind of connection to these things makes sense. We certainly don't know what exactly he is. Can also get why the various characters choose to ignore their shared doubts. At the core of it they love Sensei and choose to believe in him regardless of what he's hiding.

What I didn't expect was the weird mini-clones of that thing that would appear . Understandably hard to fight against the mini versions.
Old 2017-12-16, 21:09   Link #163
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Didn't see that coming...

On a side note, it's nice to know that the gems are perceptive enough to realise that Sensei is hiding something. In general it's nice when characters are on the same page as you are. I just watched Juuni Taisen where you pretty much knew what was going to happen before the characters did and it made for a difficult and detached viewing.
And Phos probably felt the same before she lost her memories.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 23:08   Link #164
Alhazred

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Possible, though i think it's also possible Phos really was that innocent and/or unattached to things other than Sensei up to this point. They may all be hundreds of years old, but up until the encounter with Cinnabar Phos has never had anything to cleave to that could rival Sensei. The other gems all had their jobs and their partners, and time to weigh Sensei and his secrets against those things. Now Phos has tasted what it means to have a semi-defined purpose and the attachments that go with it, and so the doubting of all the things previously taken for granted can begin.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-16, 23:27   Link #165
Mistyclear

....Phos once said that they wanted to fight to protect Sensei... I get the feeling that considering the bonds that Phos has been building with the other gems.... those feelings will be replaced with wanting to protect the other gems, even if it means handing over (protecting the gems before) Sensei. Particularly after what happened with Antarc.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-17, 17:50   Link #166
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
I get the impression that Phos prob didn't know, being the youngest gem and general slacker of the group. Phos now has experience, information, and bonds to temper it's perspective and has matured enough to question the world it lives in and its beloved authority figure (Sensei).

The attacks are getting personal with Shiro..(makes you think there is a Kuro also? - black & white, yin & yang).
Old 2017-12-23, 15:09   Link #167
Alhazred

Well, fears about the title drop and the preview indicating an anime-original ending have been assuaged. The small amount of anime-original material and the changes to the story and timeline were all skillfully and tastefully done, and shouldn't interfere in any way with a potential second season.

Spoiler:

All in all, i feel that was a fitting end for an excellent series. Here's hoping they get a green light for season 2!
Old 2017-12-23, 16:57   Link #168
HandofFate

dang things are getting heavy
Old 2017-12-23, 18:31   Link #169
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Things have gotten pretty heavy. It is a bit sad looking back at the reflection of Phos in the water. Such an upbeat and energetic character. But now she's in a pretty serious spot. Of course that isn't a shock considering how much she's lost physically, mentally (memories) and emotionally. Kind of sad to think so much of that character is lost.

But such is. Time moves forward and Phos is delving deeper towards the truth. A kind of sombre point to leave the story on, but such is.
Old 2017-12-23, 20:58   Link #170
Alhazred

Hmm... since some viewers appear to have read some licentious subtext into Yellow's line to Padparadscha about lying down next to them, i thought i'd share this little gem, which might help clarify the feelings that are probably actually being conveyed here:
Spoiler:
Old 2017-12-23, 21:35   Link #171
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Man I thought the premise for this series was just weird and a bit dumb, but low and behold it actually turned out to be pretty great !

Hope to see another season.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-24, 00:29   Link #172
Alhazred

FYI - For anime-only viewers here, there is a questionable translation in the Amazon subs that was made back in episode one and came back to haunt them in this episode. Phos's original promise to Cinnabar could have been more literally translated as a promise to find a more fun or more enjoyable new job rather than a better job, which is why Phos finally mentions that the job they've found is "0% fun." The distinction is kind of poignant because old Phos would very much have considered a job good if it was fun, while new Phos is almost too beaten down to even imagine having fun anymore.

The part with Cinnabar's quiet aside was also a bit misleading as presented in the anime- though explaining why sadly gets into spoiler territory, depending on viewer interpretations of the scene.
Old 2017-12-24, 02:02   Link #173
Mistyclear

So another good series ends, and yet the terrible ones get to continue. Sigh*
Well all in all I loved the characters of the series. Phos certainly changed a lot— this episode clearly decided to show that.
Here’s hoping for a season two...maybe after the manga ends.
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-24, 11:52   Link #174
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-24, 21:01   Link #175
SMT
*Artist

Exceptional.

CG was the best I've seen in any show so far. Probably even AOTS material imo.
Hopefully it started a new era of great CG in anime, I can only hope though.

They need to make a second season.

The orchestral version of the opening in the ending credits was really cool.
SMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 12:45   Link #176
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Most deserving of a second season. Just so relaxing and heartwarming to watch
Old 2017-12-25, 13:01   Link #177
IceHism

I know the cg was great but there was a lot of hand drawn animation in this series as well. Antarcticite getting split by the arrow, the water effects made by shiro in ep10 are some examples that come to my mind. I mostly like how the series starts as a CG base and then used tasteful 2d to augment it rather than try to make CGI that looks like 2d animation. Also, the staff were just really talented in general.

Story is fantastic and this is one of my favorites of the season. Please second season.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 19:00   Link #178
Applehell

lmao, the show basically ended, just as story was going somewhere.

Still it was pretty good show, I'm not fond it kind of just dropped some characters on you, but Pho, Sensei, Bort, and Dia were really standout among cast. The other characters didn't get enough spotlight, but they were distinctively well characterized. Even now I have no idea where all this all going, but was fun to watch weekly. Like everyone said the CG was great one best examples of what can be done with it.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-25, 19:26   Link #179
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I just hate that this wasn't a two cour show. This is clearly not a conclusive ending at all and I don't really feel like the plot has covered much distance, which would make sense for an ongoing story but absolutely sucks for a one cour anime. The anime has been so good, I can't see myself getting the same emotional impact reading the manga but I just can't wait for a season 2.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-12-27, 06:28   Link #180
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I just hate that this wasn't a two cour show. This is clearly not a conclusive ending at all and I don't really feel like the plot has covered much distance, which would make sense for an ongoing story but absolutely sucks for a one cour anime. The anime has been so good, I can't see myself getting the same emotional impact reading the manga but I just can't wait for a season 2.
The one thing they really hit you in the gut is when they play out those callback scenes in the last episode just to show how much Phos has changed, and DAMN was that effective!

Tags
action, adaptation