AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 107 55.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 48 24.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 6.74%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 5.18%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 2.07%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.07%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.52%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.52%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.59%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-11-08, 17:45   Link #541
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
In short, the episode should've shown how the Gundams 'tried and failed' (as long as it's not fatal) instead of assuming that every tactics will fail and just stand there in defense mode
Kind of my point, thanks for stating it so succintly. We saw the Gundams get attacked, they tried one or two things to get away then... 15 hours later. WHAT? You mean you guys were just sitting there for 15 hours?! Doing what?! That made me snap.

That, and Sumeragi stinks like Surströmming as a tactical advisor. As I said, the whole fiasco boiled down to a lack of a proper plan and reconnaissance in the first place. Even when I'm playing a garden-variety strategy RPG like Fire Emblem, I always check the placement and types of the enemies to decide who to field and who to leave out. Ohh, a ballista, I'd better bench my flying units. What's the boss's range? Yikes! And his equipment? Uh-oh And then I formulate a proper plan of attack.

And that's just a game. I can't imagine just diving into a battlefield featuring 4 heroes against 800 enemies, that's 200 enemies each!! without a plan. Sumeragi reeks!

Btw, thanks for humoring my little complaints, guys. I know this thread is almost 10 years old, but part of the reason why I like AnimeSuki forums so much is because of it's necro-friendly nature. I wouldn't want to create a new thread for something minor like this, and it's no fun keeping it all to myself. So thanks again!
Old 2017-11-08, 19:15   Link #542
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I find it hard to take your arguments seriously when you use every opportunity to just bash characters for not being absolutely perfect Mary Sues. If everyone was so infallible it'd be boring as shit and no one would bother watching it.
Old 2017-11-09, 03:46   Link #543
AnimeFangirl

Haha, you exaggerate. The main target of my wrath is Sumeragi, and she deserves it. Why? Because it's her job. Because a few episodes ago she was in tears because she was lousy at her job and now she's still lousy at her job. If you set yourself up as an expert in a certain field and can't even get the basics right, should you not be bashed?

I'm not asking for infallibility, which would indeed be boring. Just a bit of common sense when fielding 4 units against 800. If she had been shown planning carefully and strategizing and the enemy commanders were just that much better, I wouldn't have said anything. Sure I was a bit annoyed with her when Sergei attacked the Ptolemaeus, but I didn't rake her over the coals like this, did I?
Old 2017-11-09, 03:52   Link #544
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Yeah, you're pissed off because she isn't a perfect strategist who effortlessly controls every battle she sends the Meisters on.

Get over it. Sumeragi is not perfect. She's never been perfect. There's a reason why she occasionally screws up, and there's a reason why she sometimes get bested, and there's a reason why she drinks excessively. Those things are all related. You will find out later.

I suspect, however, that you won't give a damn when that comes about, because you're too caught up in disliking her. Much like how you're pissy about Louise later on in the episodes, as you mentioned in one of the later threads.

Also?

"I was enjoying the episode until Sumeragi started crying. Why are YOU crying, you useless, incompetent hunk of meat?"
"Sumeragi stinks like a fish"
"And that's why I say Sumeragi stinks like rotten durian fruit."
"That, and Sumeragi stinks like Surströmming"

But yes, surely I exaggerate.
Old 2017-11-09, 07:23   Link #545
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Btw, thanks for humoring my little complaints, guys. I know this thread is almost 10 years old, but part of the reason why I like AnimeSuki forums so much is because of it's necro-friendly nature. I wouldn't want to create a new thread for something minor like this, and it's no fun keeping it all to myself. So thanks again!
I just like talking about 00. Kinda hasn't happened a lot lately.........the show being old and all. I used to talk about it a lot on this forum - hell that sig's been there there forever.

And I also like that necro friendly nature of Suki. I feel like I can watch an old show I haven't seen when it aired and go post about it in a thread.
Old 2017-11-09, 09:36   Link #546
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Yeah, you're pissed off because she isn't a perfect strategist who effortlessly controls every battle she sends the Meisters on.

Get over it. Sumeragi is not perfect. She's never been perfect.
Thanks for proving my point that I am not "just bash[ing] characters for not being absolutely perfect Mary Sues" like you claim but that I am coming down on Sumeragi like a ton of bricks. Because she deserves it.

As I said in the post right above yours, I am not asking for perfection but I am asking for a bare minimum of basic competence. Basic competence that Sumeragi has yet to prove that she possesses despite her role as "tactical forecaster".

This is my first time watching Gundam 00 in full, so if later on she turns into a brilliant planner and leader who saves the day through her wits and forethinking I will be sure to say a few nice words about her so you can feel better. It won't cancel her stupidity in episode 15, though.

RE: Louise, will explain in the episode 18 thread to avoid spoiling any future readers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
I feel like I can watch an old show I haven't seen when it aired and go post about it in a thread.
Exactly. When I finish this I want to watch Gundam AGE and Iron-Blooded Orphans too. It would be sad if I couldn't talk things over with other fans just because the series is a little bit old.
Old 2017-11-09, 10:29   Link #547
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Well for what it's worth, I'll probably discuss the mecha aspects of those with you.

Not that there's much to discuss for AGE - thanks light-on-details AGE manuals!

Maybe should even finish the last 8 episodes I've left hanging for years too........

Last edited by SonicSP; 2017-11-09 at 11:52.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-09, 14:43   Link #548
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

It's entirely possible to criticize a character's actions without resorting to insults to do it. All you've really done is insult, so forgive me for not believing your claims of it being anything but blind hate.
Old 2017-11-09, 16:32   Link #549
AnimeFangirl

Doesn't matter whether you believe me or not. I stand by my assertion that Sumeragi stinks like moldy cheese as a commander and tactician.