AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2016-07-26, 19:56   Link #421
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

First Ghostbusters, now even The Mighty Joker Himself is rendered a glorified supporting player in his own movie.

Because it's more important to "empower" a slutty-tomboy who coldly dismisses the casual sex she FORCES on Batman, than to explore the rich humanity of a once-decent human being who is driven monstrous by the cruelty of life, yet still somehow not beyond saving. It would somehow be "sexist" to NOT make Barbra, a spoiled teenage girl, more important than a Man whom even the likes of Lex Luthor and Darksied tremble in fear at the mention of.

DC was forced to spend the LION'S share of the budget, writing and animation of Barbra, so much so that come time to tell "The Killing Joke" PROPER, it was a POORLY animated, hurriedly edited, and flatly directed MESS of a movie that failed to show ANY of the remaining decency that STILL somehow dwelled in the depths of Jack's dark, broken heart.

The Joker's Humanity is somehow not important, because a Decent MAN'S Broken Hopes and Dreams is unimportant and less-than-insignificant than the grrrrrl-power of a man-smashing Vasquez with yoyo-underpants.

Even the Great Clown Prince of Crime has now been put on the chopping-block of third-wave feminism, rolling besides the dismebodied and humiliated remains of Mad Max Rocktansky and Doctor Peter Venkman.

Thanks for nothing, social justice warriors. You made us wait TWENTY EIGHT YEARS FOR NOTHING

Last edited by Yui Is My Wife; 2016-07-27 at 02:49.
Yui Is My Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-26, 22:41   Link #422
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
So the Batgirl animated movie didn't even amount into a good Batgirl movie, huh. How annoyingly disappointing.
You mean The Killing Joke movie that we're talking about? The original comic never focuses on Batgirl in the first place (let alone a Batgirl story). The focus is still Batman & Joker as they are the main protagonist & antagonist. Barbara was pretty much only used as a victim of brutality (read: plot device) to drive the story forward for Gordon, Joker and Batman. But thanks to the animator-team, Batgirl has more screentime and character in this movie compared to the original material .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife View Post
First Ghostbusters, now even The Mighty Joker Himself is rendered a glorified supporting player in his own movie.
Spoiler for saving space:
Thanks for nothing, social justice warriors. You made us wait TWENTY EIGHT YEARS FOR NOTHING
Now that I’ve watched the movie, I think the animator-team gave equal focus and screentime for Batman, Joker & Batgirl (even more so with The Joker). And I’m actually glad they did it. When I read The Killing Joke comic for the first time, I always thought that Batgirl character was severely underused and poorly explored. And mind you that I thought like that before I was even aware of western feminism and before SJW was even a thing. Like Bruce Timm said, Barbara pretty much fell into “the woman in the fridge”-trope even before the trope became popular. Thus, he wanted to improve Batgirl’s role without messing the core story of the original too much, and I think he did it pretty successfully considering the source material was also a thing of controversy back when it was released.

I just don’t see any sexism or extreme feminism propaganda being pushed in this film, just more exploration and screentime for an underused character who happens to be a female. Many people are actually more pissed off with the sex scene and Barbara behaving a little bit entitled and arrogant before the “deed” and then being a bit bitchy, twitchy and on edge after the “deed” coz she felt that Batman had been avoiding her. I actually like that coz that makes her flawed and feels more human instead of a glorified young woman who is almost perfect in every way. Combine that with me being a non-dismisser of BrucexBarbs romantic chemistry (albeit not a shipper) and watching her finally letting out all her pent up feelings for him is pretty interesting to say the least (coz let’s face it, it has always been there since her character’s creation). Really glad that this movie is willing to address that elephant in the room. And to top it all off, they also made this movie into an origin story for Oracle (if you see the midcredit scene) providing even more character progression for Barbara after her “steamy-confession” to Bruce/Batman (which he also enjoyed btw, shown by him embracing Barb during the Frenchy and afterwards) and the consequences of it. I just like how the events in the movie break the status quo of the Bat-family and enforce story progression.
Old 2016-08-29, 08:44   Link #423
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Finally! Ms. Marvel aka Kamala Khan has appeared!
Old 2016-08-31, 10:22   Link #424
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Holy smokes Batman! Guess whose back?

Old 2016-11-07, 20:23   Link #425
Chosen_Hero

Young Justice Returning For Season 3 http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/...-for-season-3?

Quote:
“The affection that fans have had for Young Justice, and their rallying cry for more episodes, has always resonated with us,” said Sam Register, President, Warner Bros. Animation and Warner Digital Series, in a statement. "We are excited to bring the show back for this loyal fanbase and to provide an opportunity for new viewers to discover this excellent series.”
.... Screw the non-believers, dreams do come true.
Old 2016-11-07, 20:42   Link #426
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Young Justice Returning For Season 3 http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/...-for-season-3?

Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-11-07, 21:39   Link #427
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post

I can't even describe how hyped I am for this.
Old 2016-11-08, 16:44   Link #428
Blaat

Unbelievable.
Old 2016-11-15, 23:05   Link #429
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2017-04-20, 22:21   Link #430
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Has nobody here watched the DC animated universe (DCAU) anymore? The last two movies, Justice League Dark and Teen Titans: The Judas Contract, have been a real delight. The former is so much fun even if Batman was pretty much tacked on to help the sales, and the latter is just so good and even touching in some places. Let the DCAU keep on rolling!

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I would be down for some Batman/Zatanna, the pairing gets not love even though it's essentially a cliche shojou pairing: The girl with a crush on her disgustingly perfect childhood friend/senpai.
Sorry for being the bearer of bad news, but looks like Zatanna (kinda) already got taken by John Constantine in DCAU (in Justice League Dark movie) since he understands her and her magical nature more than Batman. And it's not clear whether Batman & Zatanna were ever intimate in the past or just best-friends in this DCAU before Constantine swooped in .

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2017-04-20 at 22:56.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-09, 07:33   Link #431
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

First look at the Constantine animated series.

Old 2017-10-09, 08:22   Link #432
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

^ Wait, does that Constantine belong to CW-verse or DCAU?
Old 2017-10-09, 09:13   Link #433
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^CW verse like the Vixen animated series. Plus Matt Ryan is reprising his role as Constantine in both the animated series and Legends of Tomorrow.
Old 2017-10-09, 10:10   Link #434
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
^CW verse like the Vixen animated series. Plus Matt Ryan is reprising his role as Constantine in both the animated series and Legends of Tomorrow.
That's strange coz the Constantine in the First Look is the exact same guy as the one in DCAU's Justice League Dark which trailer you posted just above. Even the demons he's interacting in the FL are the same ones you see in the JLD movie. I guess I'll have to see whether or not the rest of JLD members will appear in the series with the same appearance and reference the events in JLD movie. If they do, then this is definitely DCAU. That, or this animated Constantine is able to merge verses together .
Old 2017-10-09, 23:33   Link #435
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Matt Ryan voiced Constantine in both Justice League Dark and CW Seed's Constantine. However, the former is set in the DC animated films universe(not to be confused with the live action DCEU) while the latter is set in the Arrowverse. So no, there is no connection between the two series except one character played by the same voice actor.
Old 2018-04-02, 08:23   Link #436
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2019-01-20, 09:05   Link #437
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Already watched the first nine episodes of YJ Outsiders.

It escalates.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-20, 11:51   Link #438
Chosen_Hero

Young Justice once again setting the bar for superhero shows, animated or otherwise. This season is soo great, sure, the animation at times is lower than usual, but, the storyline themselves are so good that overrides any negative.
Old 2019-01-20, 14:41   Link #439
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

DC seems to do well with TV and animation, but horrid in film, while Marvel had less luck with TV and animation, but extremely well on film.
Old 2019-01-25, 15:11   Link #440
Blaat

Really good first half of season 3, I liked it emulates the more focused approach on a single team like in season 1. Loved the new characters particularly Halo and Forager. Also creators are clearly no longer constrained by being on CN.
The only downside is that animation took a bit of a dive though, and some background art was really bad.

Spoiler for the second half: