Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDown! View Post
I just found this:
Image 1:
Spoiler for image:

Image 2:
Spoiler for image:
Anyone read moonrunes here ? Some translation/spoiler would be nice.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 09:12   Link #12082
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Actually, image 2 comes before image 1 there.

The pics are of a scene with Kurmi (I'm guessing from DAL Material?) where she's playing with cats. Shidou spots her, and she stops him to try and explain it as something else out of embarrassment.
Old 2015-03-22, 11:22   Link #12083
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
That picture doesn't really make them seem all that big even on her mother. lol. Her mother doesn't seem to care and takes pride in herself.

Nothing implying they were born spirits either.

With the twins it seems to hint that they were likely the children of the previous Yamai who died and her powers were split between the twins.
The twins stated that they are the previous Yamai
Quote:
“Didn’t I tell you? ----------both of us, were originally one Spirit called Yamai”

“Consent. However, coming to this worlds several times, made Yamai split into two”

“Into two…………so, how did something like that………….”

He raised his eyebrows while looking at the both of them alternately. Other than the difference of hairstyle and facial expression, both of them had very similar features. They were so similar that, rather than calling them twins, calling them clones might also sound believable.

“Wh, why did something like that happen?”

“The only one that knows about this is the goddess of fate that sits in the heavens. Fuun, that ill-natured goddess probably tormented us because of her boredom and fatigue. Occasionally, there are times she uses unsystematic dices to make decisions and ignores following truth and reasons”

“heh……………..?”

“Summary. I’m not exactly sure, is what Kaguya is saying”
I have a feeling that it might have been because of DEM's attempts to inverse spirits as it was mentioned they had tried before during Tohka's inverse and also mentioned something about her crystal shattering
Quote:
Tohka knows nothing about herself or her past. Even compared to the other spirits. She didn't even know her own name despite all the other spirits already having one.
Tohka never really had the opportunity to interact with people. until the story started she was always drug into our world which caused a space quake so the only people she ever met was the AST or Mikie that one time. neither side never tried to speak with the other so yes she was a blank slate. But I don't see how that points to her being more likely a human turn Spirit. the other spirits had names because they interacted with others.
Quote:
Natsume never really confirmed anything from what I read. Some of Natsume's negative rants also sometimes seemed like she was drawing from a bad experience in the past rather than just her imagination.
Given how over the top they are it is implied that she learned about people through places like Net Cafes that's why her whole logic system is so screwed up she learn to be human from 2chan

Quote:
Yoshino could be made an argument for but at the same time since she has knowledge of herself but at the same time she is also the type who wouldn't talk about her past very easily.
she opens up just fine to Reine and Kotori as well as Shidou Highly doubtful that either Reine or Kotori would not have asked her during her week long debriefing.
Quote:
I actually speculate that Kurumi was probably a dying girl before she was made a spirit. Very sickly but having little time left to live (something she was conscious of which was what allowed her to manipulate her own time and the time of others after becoming a spirit. Kind've like Miku's abilities when she turned into a spirit being singing based. and Origami's abilities taking form similar to the CR units that she is used to using and being able to use them in the same way). Going back and erasing the original spirit would wipe her becoming a spirit and likely result in her dying from what she would've before.
The thing is Kurumi's goal is that she not only does't want to exist she wants to have never existed. It's far more likely Phantom picked people who matched the abilities then the people shaped them. Kotori's wish was that she wasn't such a cry baby and wasn't anything deep or powerful and had nothing to do with fire or healing. And of course using spirit powers would be like using a CR unit, CR units are knock offs of spirits
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 12:19   Link #12084
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Yes please!, someone can give us a certain spoiler about those images?.
RaymondSageClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 18:01   Link #12085
AKAAkira
Bookmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Image two comes before one. It *is* mainly about Shidou running into Kurumi while she's preoccupied with cat time, but it's not the version from DAL Material. It does say up in the top-left corner "Date A Live 11.5".

Some of the kanji/furigana are too blurry for me to do more than guess, so I won't be that thorough. But the gist of it is: Shidou was just running away from a group of three (三人組, which could possibly refer to the Ai-Mai-Mii trio) and found himself lost in a part of town he doesn't immediately recognize. After walking for a while trying to get back to a main road, he chances upon a sight that he doesn't really have the time for but has to stop and gawk at anyway.

Tokisaki Kurumi, the "Worst Spirit", is in...full-blown chuuni mode, it seems. She's going around feeding cats, and appears to treat that act as some kind of conquest game. She calls the tiger cat she's with now (nickname "Toramaru", so probably a male), "the boss of this neighbourhood", and defeats him by feeding him cat food with silver vine added in to make him fall over, where she can rub his belly to her heart's content. And all the while, she's cackling about how she has, at this point, made all the main bosses of the town surrender and how all the cats in the town are--

This is when she realizes she's being watched, spins around, and Shidou and Kurumi's eyes meet.

Shidou makes excuses. He lies, says he just arrived, and tries to leave pretending he saw nothing.

Kurumi won't have any of that, of course. She puts a death grip on his shoulder, tells him straight-up, in a strangely calm voice, that he's making a grave misunderstanding. She ignores his denials of any knowledge, and says he's sorely mistaken if he's thinking she's going around waging war so that she could erect a paradise for cats, "Tokisaki Kingdom" (name subject to change(TM), it seems to have an alternate furigana reading I can't make out), and to thoroughly disabuse him of this notion, she had better start explaining from square one what exactly she was doing in this town...

And cut.

The next page starts with Youko walking down the hallway, wiping off her hair with a towel. She's feeling perturbed, and wonders what Shidou had been doing while she and Tatsuo had been away. There's two pieces of information given before the page ends: she calls Shidou "Shii-kun", and she met the Yamai sisters in the bathroom.

Last edited by AKAAkira; 2015-03-22 at 18:10. Reason: Misremembered a small detail
AKAAkira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 18:22   Link #12086
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Thanks AKAAkira!, that really helps.
Old 2015-03-22, 18:36   Link #12087
Fenrisulfr
私たち”友達”だから

"Tokisaki Kingdom" with furi トキサキングダム so yeah, she did a wordplay "Tokisakingdom"
Fenrisulfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 18:48   Link #12088
Estzero1

"Tokisaki Kingdom"

Sounds like a nice place. Let it come true.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 18:50   Link #12089
RaymondSageClark
Banned

I can imagine Kurumi running around chasing cats, now I really want to read this.

Last edited by RaymondSageClark; 2015-03-22 at 20:09.
Old 2015-03-22, 20:07   Link #12090
Weather
Wonder Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
"Tokisaki Kingdom"

Sounds like a nice place. Let it come true.
Where everyone is a Kurumi, a cat... or a cat eared Kurumi.

Respect the Earth! If not... Who knows? You might get cursed... heh heh~
Weather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-22, 23:47   Link #12091
Wandering Soul

"Tokisaki Kingdom"

I guess now we know what her true ultiamte goal is
Old 2015-03-23, 00:23   Link #12092
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
"Tokisaki Kingdom"

I guess now we know what her true ultiamte goal is
Turn back time, have humans evolve in the direction where they have cat ears and a tail.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 06:05   Link #12093
lovetospoon73

have ever notice that some girls with twin-tails usually have a below average sweater poppers?
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 06:07   Link #12094
lovetospoon73

speaking of below average, i haven't heard any news about vol 12 of the LN, does anyone have some info about it?
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-23, 09:40   Link #12095
RaymondSageClark
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
speaking of below average, i haven't heard any news about vol 12 of the LN, does anyone have some info about it?
Read the thread.
Old 2015-03-26, 04:49   Link #12096
chanzy7

The teaser trailer is out for Date a live Twin edition : Rio incarnation
http://www.compileheart.com/date/vita/special/
Seems like there will be a new sweet arms song for the game, awesome!
chanzy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-26, 10:53   Link #12097
WingsoftheDragonix

^Everytime I see a new trailer I feel sad that it's only Jap.

Also good to finally see a pic of Kotori's parent.
WingsoftheDragonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-28, 18:37   Link #12098
s07195
However,

So I just finished reading Volume 11 and man, I kinda wish they found a better way to deal with Origami's split personality syndrome.
Not that I have any better ideas...
But it's like all New!Origami contributed were a not so depressing set of memories and the ability to show more emotions and smile. Which, after typing it out, does seem pretty important, but I kinda wanted to see a more evenly balanced mix.
Old 2015-03-29, 13:03   Link #12099
JonasDown!

Besides selling tickets on 10th april they'll celebrate "happy birthday" to Tohka, show the new BD version of the first season and I think they'll reveal a trailer

Link:http://date-a-live-anime.com/news/ev...83%B3%E3%83%88
JonasDown! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-29, 13:06   Link #12100
Ragna92

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasDown! View Post
Besides selling tickets on 10th april they'll celebrate "happy birthday" to Tohka, show the new BD version of the first season and I think they'll reveal a trailer

Link:http://date-a-live-anime.com/news/ev...83%B3%E3%83%88
Tohka has a birthday? I thought spirits didn't have a birthday. Or is it the day she was named by Shido.
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy