AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-11-28, 17:50   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 926 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Okay, a spoiler summary's out:

-Chapter title is "The Prisoner Mine". Splash features Chopper and Law.

-In one of Wano's towns, we see the Straw-Hats and Heart pirates doing their part to recruit allies. Usopp, Penguin, and Shachi hand out newspapers to samurai who are loyal to the Kouzuki clan. Nami and Shinobu are spying on a pair of shady weapon dealers, but are forced to escape when they're discovered. As for Sanji, he's running a small soba restaurant, which has a surprisingly large line.... full of women.

-Back to Luffy and Kid, the both of them are forced into hard labor. While the rest of the prisoners are struggling to carry big stones for small scraps of food, the two supernovas are carrying far heavier loads by themselves, despite the both of them wearing the sea stone cuffs. For this, the both of them are rewarded with bigger meals, and yet it seems the two of them still see it fit to compete with each other. BTW, one of the prisoners shown is none other than the swamp man, Caribou.

-Because the pirates consumed so much food, they earned the wrath of one of the prison's wardens.... Dobon, a hippo-type SMILE user. While reprimanding Luffy and Kid, Dobon also abuses a short old man, a sight that displeases Luffy. The warden then punishes the two pirates by gobbling them up in his hippo head! However, upon getting swallowed by the beast, both supernovas wreck Dobon from the inside, knocking him out! As they emerge from the comatose hippo, with Luffy holding the old man in his arms, the rest of the prisoners applaud their rebellious act....!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-11-30 at 02:07.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 04:03   Link #2
marvelB

Okay, summary updated! Looks like that earlier spoiler was legit, after all! Huh, thinking about it, being forced into hard labor while still wearing sea stone cuffs could possibly be seen as an effective training method for both Luffy and Kid....

Also, I figured we'd see Caribou again, eventually. That probably means it won't be much longer until X Drake reappears, as well (since he was the one who captured Caribou in the first place).
Old 2018-11-29, 12:29   Link #3
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Caribou! I had forgotten about that guy. I wonder if he spilled the beans to Kaidou about Shirahoshi. But if he did, I guess he'd be one of his underlings and not a prisoner.

They definitely aren't going to break Luffy's spirit if they keep him this well fed
He looks like kung fu Chopper, by the way.
Old 2018-11-29, 13:32   Link #4
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Interesting that Caribou has returned. Hmmm, i do expect that Nami may hunt him down because she know that the treasures from Ryugu Castle is with him. We never seen the treasure got spilled out, is it? I do hope Caribou can give all of Ryugu treasure as a reward to Straw Hats later.

X Drake make his return? Hmm.. I think that's all for Supernova once Drake make his return is it? I realize that Drake is the last person of Supernova to appear after two year time skip.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 14:07   Link #5
Rainbowman

The way Luffy and Kidd look in this chapter reminds me of the television series Super Duper Sumos. 😹
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-29, 18:03   Link #6
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Caribou! I had forgotten about that guy. I wonder if he spilled the beans to Kaidou about Shirahoshi. But if he did, I guess he'd be one of his underlings and not a prisoner.
Well, I guess it depends..... for instance, he might have already shared the secret with Drake, who in turn, might have decided to keep the info under wraps from Kaidou. Either way, I can't see that secret being contained much longer, ESPECIALLY after Shirahoshi made her first public appearance at the Reverie....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
X Drake make his return? Hmm.. I think that's all for Supernova once Drake make his return is it? I realize that Drake is the last person of Supernova to appear after two year time skip.
Well, Killer and Scratchmen Apoo from Kid's alliance still haven't returned to the story yet. At least with the latter it was implied that he became subservient to Kaidou, but Killer's whereabouts are still unknown at the moment....
Old 2018-11-29, 19:02   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, I guess it depends..... for instance, he might have already shared the secret with Drake, who in turn, might have decided to keep the info under wraps from Kaidou. Either way, I can't see that secret being contained much longer, ESPECIALLY after Shirahoshi made her first public appearance at the Reverie....
I hadn't thought of that. It makes sense that Caribou wouldn't be granted an audience with Kaidou, and Drake is obviously not loyal to Kaidou so he'd want to keep such a vital information for himself.
Old 2018-11-29, 19:38   Link #8
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well, Killer and Scratchmen Apoo from Kid's alliance still haven't returned to the story yet. At least with the latter it was implied that he became subservient to Kaidou, but Killer's whereabouts are still unknown at the moment....
At least they already made their appearance when the alliance was formed between Apoo, Hawkins, and Kidd. This alone already confirms that Drake is the last one to return.

Still, i wonder how Coribou and the crew can track their captain down to Wano. Plus, Shusui's rumour may start to circulate since Zoro already confirms owns it so many samurai that works for Orochi may start to plot to take Shusui for themsefl.
Old 2018-11-30, 01:58   Link #9
marvelB

Holy crap, and I thought Holdem's design was weird.... Dobon (the hippo guy) has him beat by a freakin' mile! He's basically a big hippo head with a man inside it, lol. Makes me wonder how many more crazy Gifter designs we'll see this arc?

Anyways, interesting stuff going on around the rest of Wano, as well..... to the Kouzuki sympathizers gathering, to Nami and Shinobu spying on those weapon dealers, and Sanji's restaurant mainly attracting the ladies, heh. Really makesm e look forward to how events will further develop. BTW, I dunno about anyone else, but the rivalry going on between Luffy and Kid reminded me of Buggy's past rivalry with Shanks back in the series' infancy. I suppose some might compare it to the Zoro/Sanji rivalry, but I just see it differently, I guess. And now, who wants to bet the old guy Luffy rescued will turn out to be someone super important, like the previous shogun of Wano or something of the sort?
Old 2018-11-30, 02:17   Link #10
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh Caribou.. the candle guy

anyway, even inside jail, Luffy did his best to deplete enemy's food resources
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 03:12   Link #11
devilo96

Wow...cant wait to see
Law+luffy+kid vs kaido....i mean just like before when they work together in sanbaody...now my stupid question...can shambles or room work for kaido?
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 03:42   Link #12
~Yami~

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
Wow...cant wait to see
Law+luffy+kid vs kaido....i mean just like before when they work together in sanbaody...now my stupid question...can shambles or room work for kaido?
I think I watched when Doflamingo lost, Hawkins is on the same table with Kid, discussing about that topic and about taking down Kaido

so I'm almost sure that Hawkins will join the rebel after Kid got freed from prison
Old 2018-11-30, 04:01   Link #13
marvelB

^I feel fairly certain that ALL the supernovas working under Kaidou will turn on him as soon as the rebellion is underway. It's pretty clear to me that they currently only serve him for the sake of survival and/or personal interest. I mean, that was essentially the case with Capone joining Big Mom, and look how THAT turned out (though he seems genuinely happy to have started a family with Chiffon, at least). I see no reason why Hawkins and co. wouldn't also eventually bite the hand that feeds them, should the opportunity arise.....
Old 2018-11-30, 04:36   Link #14
Hoodspirit

Luffy never hesitated to save Robin, Sanji and Ace, and in what horrible condition he was in at point during these rescues. Now he himself is captured by people who the SHPs know off that they cut off limbs and torture their prisoners. (saw that first hand on Zou), yet they don't give a crap abut their captain being imprisoned. Rather they stick to a stupid plan from someone who is not even part of their crew.

Timeskip was shown again to have amounted into nothing. Kid and Luffy still shown to be equal.

In addition Luffy doesn't seem to think about Crew or Tama right now either, despite his reaction to their "deaths" have brought him into this situation.

Thus I think this is an awful chapter. Unlike the hype chapter the content of this chapter has much more gravity on the overall story and character interactions.
Don't want to spread negativity but I have major issues with the Crew basically being dead.
Hoodspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 05:06   Link #15
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Luffy never hesitated to save Robin, Sanji and Ace, and in what horrible condition he was in at point during these rescues. Now he himself is captured by people who the SHPs know off that they cut off limbs and torture their prisoners. (saw that first hand on Zou), yet they don't give a crap abut their captain being imprisoned. Rather they stick to a stupid plan from someone who is not even part of their crew.
So.... you don't think the crew's apparent indifference to their captain's plight is because they're very much confident that he'll bust out of prison, with or without their help? And let's not forget Chopper already said that Raizou (part of that same band of people who are "not part of the crew") is already working on breaking Luffy out of prison anyway, so..... I'm not seeing the problem here. Would you rather they mope around or something instead of actively taking part in stirring up a nationwide rebellion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoodspirit View Post
Timeskip was shown again to have amounted into nothing. Kid and Luffy still shown to be equal.
I honestly never understood this complaint. The supernovas were introduced as Luffy's rivals/peers from the very beginning, so why is it so odd that they're roughly equal at this point in the story? Just because the rest of the supernovas didn't stop to train? Could they not have just as easily have gained strength and experience merely from their own adventures in the NW during that period? I mean, it's not like any of them became Pirate King during the skip, did they? Hell, the fact that they themselves are still struggling in light of all their infamy and schemes makes it pretty clear that their time in the NW wasn't exactly a picnic, either.....

....of course, you could also blame this on Oda himself being unaware of the supernovas' importance to the plot when he first introduced them (he confessed as such not that long ago), but I can definitely see some in-story justification for their continued prominence in the NW.
Old 2018-11-30, 06:31   Link #16
Twi

Why was the Swamp-Swamp fruit guy there?
Old 2018-11-30, 07:47   Link #17
devilo96

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I think I watched when Doflamingo lost, Hawkins is on the same table with Kid, discussing about that topic and about taking down Kaido

so I'm almost sure that Hawkins will join the rebel after Kid got freed from prison
Nah their target is shanks...but with a bad luck..they meet kaido after he try to kill himself again when he jump from the sky island
devilo96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 08:55   Link #18
~Yami~

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilo96 View Post
Nah their target is shanks...but with a bad luck..they meet kaido after he try to kill himself again when he jump from the sky island
yeah you're right
now I remember
Old 2018-11-30, 11:52   Link #19
TURI123456

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
Why was the Swamp-Swamp fruit guy there?
He found his way, to Kaido island and X Drake caught him chapters numbers 674-731.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-30, 12:32   Link #20
Ramero

Apoo is nowhere to be seen. I wonder what Apoo is doing right now? I think he can be a perfect opponent for Brook since they can battle of music.