AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-11-03, 17:35   Link #2461
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

All of the girls have residual memories about keima anyway, So seperating the godessess iss't gonna be easy.
Old 2010-11-03, 17:59   Link #2462
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
All of the girls have residual memories about keima anyway, So seperating the godessess iss't gonna be easy.
Yes and no, residual is very vague in this case since it is shown that some girls definitely has more "memories" than others.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-03, 18:12   Link #2463
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
There are more residual feelings for Keima than anything. We can't trust any apparent "residual memories", because New Hell is clearly inconsistent on what memories are changed, and to what degree. Sometimes Keima is completely excised from the memories, and sometimes they're edited to remove his significance, but not his presence. And then there's the corner cutting...
Old 2010-11-03, 20:32   Link #2464
zato_1one

I'm trying to look in many perspectives. It's fun that way.

- Considering the most convenience route. I think that all of the band members should have goddess. Ayumi, Chihiro and Yui. The other one should also be in high school. May be that astronomy girl or library girl. But I weight more on the astronomy girl. The finalist are Ayumi, Chihiro, Yui and astronomy girl. I seriously have a problem of remembering character name in this series. -*- The main idea here is that they all should be in the same grade or same high school so that they can easily communicate and work together. It's easier for future plot. IMO

- Considering the speculation presented in the series.

1) Diana's speculation about goddesses may use weak run away spirit to hide their presence. I will define weak spirit as a no harm and can't affect the host much.
2) The goddess may attract to each other.

Using above speculations, I think that I can neglect the trainee teacher because she is just possessed. I think that I can also neglect Yui and Hinoki. There spirits are almost lv4 thus are too strong. The best candidates are, again, Ayumi and Chihiro. They are in the same class. They are together many time. And their spirits also have less affect to the host. Another one should be Shogi girl. She is attracted to Diana in Tenri. Her spirit is also a weak one. The last candidate is a bit irrelevant. I will choose the one who has weaker spirit and is also in the same grade. So, that should be library girl. The finalist are Ayumi, Chihiro, Shogi girl and library girl.

- Well, I will think out side of the box a bit. Considering the name of the chapter. Chapter 116 When the Sun Goes Down, it's a chapter which Kanon/Apollo was stabbed. I assume that the Sun means the goddess herself or the host who has the goddess. Chapter 041 In The Heart The Sun Will Always... and chapter 053 Mostly Sunny. Those are trainee teacher and swimmer girl arc. Sadly, that's all chapters which have sun in their chapter name, CMIIW. But I'm trying to look for another relevant words. The best candidate should be chapter 043 Moon Child and chapter 108 Venus in Furs. Now we have astronomy girl, Ayumi and Chihiro. I will choose Ayumi over Chihiro. The finalist are swimmer girl, trainee teacher, astronomy girl and Ayumi.

PS. I still don't read latest chapter (120).
Old 2010-11-03, 20:51   Link #2465
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
I'm trying to look in many perspectives. It's fun that way.

- Considering the most convenience route. I think that all of the band members should have goddess. Ayumi, Chihiro and Yui. The other one should also be in high school. May be that astronomy girl or library girl. But I weight more on the astronomy girl. The finalist are Ayumi, Chihiro, Yui and astronomy girl. I seriously have a problem of remembering character name in this series. -*- The main idea here is that they all should be in the same grade or same high school so that they can easily communicate and work together. It's easier for future plot. IMO

- Considering the speculation presented in the series.

1) Diana's speculation about goddesses may use weak run away spirit to hide their presence. I will define weak spirit as a no harm and can't affect the host much.
2) The goddess may attract to each other.

Using above speculations, I think that I can neglect the trainee teacher because she is just possessed. I think that I can also neglect Yui and Hinoki. There spirits are almost lv4 thus are too strong. The best candidates are, again, Ayumi and Chihiro. They are in the same class. They are together many time. And their spirits also have less affect to the host. Another one should be Shogi girl. She is attracted to Diana in Tenri. Her spirit is also a weak one. The last candidate is a bit irrelevant. I will choose the one who has weaker spirit and is also in the same grade. So, that should be library girl. The finalist are Ayumi, Chihiro, Shogi girl and library girl.

- Well, I will think out side of the box a bit. Considering the name of the chapter. Chapter 116 When the Sun Goes Down, it's a chapter which Kanon/Apollo was stabbed. I assume that the Sun means the goddess herself or the host who has the goddess. Chapter 041 In The Heart The Sun Will Always... and chapter 053 Mostly Sunny. Those are trainee teacher and swimmer girl arc. Sadly, that's all chapters which have sun in their chapter name, CMIIW. But I'm trying to look for another relevant words. The best candidate should be chapter 043 Moon Child and chapter 108 Venus in Furs. Now we have astronomy girl, Ayumi and Chihiro. I will choose Ayumi over Chihiro. The finalist are swimmer girl, trainee teacher, astronomy girl and Ayumi.

PS. I still don't read latest chapter (120).
"Astronomy girl" is named Tsukiyo. "Tsuki" is Japanese for "moon", hence the "moon" title of that chapter, and her general astronomy motif. Likewise, Apollo is the god of the sun, hence those recent chapter titles. Don't read too much into it.

As for power levels, don't read too much into that, either. Kanon was the first heroine where we saw the escaped soul's powers manifest, implying a more powerful escaped soul. Yet we now know she had a goddess.
Old 2010-11-03, 21:06   Link #2466
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
As for power levels, don't read too much into that, either. Kanon was the first heroine where we saw the escaped soul's powers manifest, implying a more powerful escaped soul. Yet we now know she had a goddess.
I realize that. That's why I wrote "much" May be I should write "too much" instead.
Old 2010-11-04, 02:05   Link #2467
AnimeMaster2
The Original AnimeMaster

anyone see ep 4 of the anime? what a waste of animation, i love the anime and manga but come on? out of all the manga to choose from, you go and pretty much put an ep that was stupid and annoying, i mean come on you only got 12 eps to the anime you should make it good.
AnimeMaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 06:45   Link #2468
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

It provided a break for the viewers, otherwise we'd suffer from what I'm going to henceforth dub the "Angel Beats" effect: over tiredness from constant plot exposition. 1 or 2 "pointless" episodes (in this they revealed that Keima's actually really great at school, and some characterisation, so I don't call it that pointless) actually are good for the series, rather than burning out the audience.
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 07:07   Link #2469
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
How could we live without the translation of those ubercute 4koma afters? I demandz better scanlation workz!
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 09:12   Link #2470
Shadow5YA

I'm skeptical on Kusunoki having a goddess. I didn't see any sign of affection from her when Keima returned for Hinoki.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 09:30   Link #2471
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
6 strings might be too much for elly.
i shed BMW tear
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 10:28   Link #2472
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm skeptical on Kusunoki having a goddess. I didn't see any sign of affection from her when Keima returned for Hinoki.
Let's make this a what if. If Kusonoki has a goddess, it's possible that her goddess is still asleep. Kanon's memory only returned when Apollo awakened.

But in any case, atm Keima has already ruled out Kusonoki prolly because of Hinoki's arc.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 10:52   Link #2473
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

I think that if Keima says that someone doesn't have a goddess, we should take his word for it.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 12:40   Link #2474
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I think that if Keima says that someone doesn't have a goddess, we should take his word for it.
Yes, because his track record on that subject has been so good so far...
Old 2010-11-04, 12:45   Link #2475
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Yes, because his track record on that subject has been so good so far...
It has, actually. He never got around to checking out Kanon again because she wasn't around until it was too late.

The difference is that both Tenri and Diana went to Keima for help, so this is the first time Keima actually has to find one.
Old 2010-11-04, 15:11   Link #2476
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
It has, actually. He never got around to checking out Kanon again because she wasn't around until it was too late.

The difference is that both Tenri and Diana went to Keima for help, so this is the first time Keima actually has to find one.
Did you forget Mio and Kusunoki?

Mio: I remember the high-class party...
Keima (as Yui): (She has a goddess!)
Mio: I kissed Morita!
Keima (as Yui): (Wait, what...?)

Kusunoki: I remember you from the school self-defense class!
Keima: (She has a goddess!)
Kusunoki: You went AWOL and I had to go to the park with my dojo students...
Keima: (Okay... Maybe not...)

So far Keima is 0 for 2 on calling goddesses. And that's generously not counting his current opinions (on Mio, Kusunoki, Chihiro, Ayumi, Minami, and Jun), any of which (or even all of which) could be wrong. Even assuming his groundless theory that all the goddesses are in his former capture targets is correct, his ignoring of important points, including the lingering feelings of love left over from him filling the gaps in the girls' hearts, and the likelihood that some, if not all, of the remaining goddesses have yet to awaken, makes whatever other premises he has intrinsically flawed. Is it possible that he's correct anyway? Of course. Even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut. But it's unlikely.
Old 2010-11-04, 15:13   Link #2477
Clarste
Human

Quote:

That makes his record 0/0. That's not good, it's just undefined, because he hasn't done anything yet. He's never been wrong, but he's never been right either.

In terms of his more general track record, he almost always screws up in the beginning of capture arcs, and only learns the truth of the matter rather late in the arc. Hence the "I can see the ending" line, because he couldn't see the ending before that. So while this situation is a bit different, the twist where he realizes something that he didn't realize before is a pretty common theme in this series.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 19:47   Link #2478
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Did you forget Mio and Kusunoki?

Mio: I remember the high-class party...
Keima (as Yui): (She has a goddess!)
Mio: I kissed Morita!
Keima (as Yui): (Wait, what...?)

Kusunoki: I remember you from the school self-defense class!
Keima: (She has a goddess!)
Kusunoki: You went AWOL and I had to go to the park with my dojo students...
Keima: (Okay... Maybe not...)

So far Keima is 0 for 2 on calling goddesses. And that's generously not counting his current opinions (on Mio, Kusunoki, Chihiro, Ayumi, Minami, and Jun), any of which (or even all of which) could be wrong. Even assuming his groundless theory that all the goddesses are in his former capture targets is correct, his ignoring of important points, including the lingering feelings of love left over from him filling the gaps in the girls' hearts, and the likelihood that some, if not all, of the remaining goddesses have yet to awaken, makes whatever other premises he has intrinsically flawed. Is it possible that he's correct anyway? Of course. Even a blind squirrel sometimes finds a nut. But it's unlikely.
Keima never called with certainty on them having goddesses, and that's why he tested them. Even a squirrel with perfectly functional vision does not always find the nut within the correct trees.
Old 2010-11-04, 21:09   Link #2479
Isekaijin

Having read the "after" side stories, which has been scanlated recently...

Doesn't this mean that Chihiro,without a doubt has a goddess within her? This image might as well depict the moment when the goddess possesed her
Spoiler for not really an spoiler, but...:
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-04, 23:06   Link #2480
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isekaijin View Post
Having read the "after" side stories, which has been scanlated recently...

Doesn't this mean that Chihiro,without a doubt has a goddess within her? This image might as well depict the moment when the goddess possesed her
Spoiler for not really an spoiler, but...:
Nope. Occam's Razor. Whether or not Chihiro ends up having a goddess, that reaction can be most easily chalked up to her lingering subconscious feelings for Keima. She thought about needing someone with an exacting personality, and her thoughts subconsciously went to Keima, even though she'd probably rather they didn't. This is much like Ayumi realizing she no longer calls Keima "otamega" and having no reason why.

Full disclosure: Chihiro is one of my current choices for having a goddess; this is just neither here nor there. It isn't a situation that needs a goddess to explain it...

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen