AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 110 53.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 57 27.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 7.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 18 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.93%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.48%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.97%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-09-03, 12:56   Link #41
Simplicity

Well the underage drinking in this scene didn't exactly result in having a good 'ole time like the novel version of Lone Island syndrome. It's shown that it's very bad to spike someone's drink, just look at Kyon's reaction. So I'm not surpised they kept (...well if, since I can't say for sure without the subs) that part of the scene in tact.
Old 2009-09-03, 13:22   Link #42
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
What I never understood about that scene was how Mikuru never noticed that their was tequila in her drink. If you've ever mixed tequila (or any alcoholic beverage with significant alcoholic content) you'd know that even if you water it down with whatever they were drinking that you'd still likely taste it. I'd find it hard to believe that Mikuru wouldn't have gone and said "My drink tastes funny" or something along thoses lines.
Old 2009-09-03, 13:50   Link #43
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Unless they don't have milk or whatever it was in the future.....If she's never tasted whatever it is Tsuruya served, how could she know it tasted funny?
Old 2009-09-03, 13:54   Link #44
Xiomay
Bazinga~!

Send a message via AIM to Xiomay Send a message via MSN to Xiomay
This scene was amazing, although I do agree that I expected Haruhi to act more violent towards Mikuru, but underage drinking AND harsh abuse, probably would have been pushing it a bit too much, especially considering that even Kyon was on his last nerve from decking Haruhi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonbob0008 View Post
I'd find it hard to believe that Mikuru wouldn't have gone and said "My drink tastes funny" or something along thoses lines.
Same here =/

But nope, she just gulped it all down without even flinching. And by the way, what were the drinks given to everybody? It looked like milk to me.
Old 2009-09-03, 14:49   Link #45
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I personally don't see what would be the problem if the drink given to Mikuru simply contained some sort of sleeping pill dissolved into it instead of mixed tequila.

Actually, to me, it's more important that Haruhi's degree of abuse of Mikuru feel right (not too excessive, but not too mild either) as opposed to what, ultimately, puts Mikuru in a drowsy and tipsy-turvy state.

Mind you, I say this with out seeing the episode yet, so I can't comment on how effectively the episode conveys these aspects of the scene in question.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:02   Link #46
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

So that was amazake Mikuru was drunk with.
Oh the adaptations. Tequila, huh! Nyoro~

Or... Was it amazake in novels?
Because they give this stuff to kids, even, that's not your Lone Island alcohol party.
(I guess ingridients vary though)

Anyway, brilliant episode. Completely as expected.
Kind of sad that we only have one more to go...
Old 2009-09-03, 15:09   Link #47
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
So that was amazake Mikuru was drunk with.
Oh the adaptations. Tequila, huh! Nyoro~
Going by your link there, that sounds quite a bit weaker than Tequila.
Pretty funny if this is all it takes to get the SOS Brigade drunk, lol.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:14   Link #48
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Going by your link there, that sounds quite a bit weaker than Tequila.
Yep. I looked this up, it's tequila in the original japanese novel text.
Censorship ahoooooooy!
Old 2009-09-03, 15:15   Link #49
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Yep. I looked this up, it's tequila in the original japanese novel text.
Censorship ahoooooooy!
I don't know what to think about this change.

On the one hand, it makes it less of a deal that Mikuru gulped it down so easily. On the other hand, it's pretty sad that one glass of this gets her drunk...
Old 2009-09-03, 15:23   Link #50
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Mikuru has zero tolerance... she passes out after, like, two glasses of wine... and honestly, they are not going to get away with giving her tequila on broadcast television.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:24   Link #51
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
On the other hand, it's pretty sad that one glass of this gets her drunk...
Moreover, that was juice+amazake, not just amazake alone.

I wonder if they will go and edit the line for the DVD.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:31   Link #52
Toonleap

Worked so hard today that I almost forgot...

Spoiler for Screenshots and some spoilers:

Great episode....I wonder what could have happened if Itsuki was not there to stop Kyon? An scary thought.
Old 2009-09-03, 15:58   Link #53
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonleap View Post
Great episode....I wonder what could have happened if Itsuki was not there to stop Kyon? An scary thought.
The bad end.
Old 2009-09-03, 16:06   Link #54
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Worked so hard today that I almost forgot...

Spoiler for Screenshots and some spoilers:

Nice episode review, by the way... especially since you're doing it off of the raw, wow. Your screenshot selection is really nice.

Anyway... I can't really blame Kyon for snapping here. Presuming he cares about Mikuru even half as much as his narration would have you believe, there had to eventually come a point when Haruhi would cross the line with him, when it came to her treatment of Mikuru. In a way, I'm glad Kyon at least has enough testicular fortitude to not stand idly by while a girl he cares about gets constantly mistreated.
Old 2009-09-03, 16:36   Link #55
Toonleap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Nice episode review, by the way... especially since you're doing it off of the raw, wow. Your screenshot selection is really nice.

Anyway... I can't really blame Kyon for snapping here. Presuming he cares about Mikuru even half as much as his narration would have you believe, there had to eventually come a point when Haruhi would cross the line with him, when it came to her treatment of Mikuru. In a way, I'm glad Kyon at least has enough testicular fortitude to not stand idly by while a girl he cares about gets constantly mistreated.
Thanks for your comments. Yeah, it was time for Kyon to do something...Glad Itsuki was there...By the way, come to the site and take the poll....

Lets see what people think about punching Haruhi...
Old 2009-09-03, 16:44   Link #56
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
Thanks for your comments. Yeah, it was time for Kyon to do something...Glad Itsuki was there...By the way, come to the site and take the poll....

Lets see what people think about punching Haruhi...
At my height and weight, I would never punch Haruhi... it would be like child abuse. Mind you, in fairness, she'd probably be too slippery for me anyway, lol.

In all seriousness, I'm kind of old-fashioned in that I don't think that a guy should hit a girl except in necessary self-defense... although Kyon's situation is a tricky one (do you hit one girl to protect another?).
Old 2009-09-03, 16:51   Link #57
Toonleap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
At my height and weight, I would never punch Haruhi... it would be like child abuse. Mind you, in fairness, she'd probably be too slippery for me anyway, lol.

In all seriousness, I'm kind of old-fashioned in that I don't think that a guy should hit a girl except in necessary self-defense... although Kyon's situation is a tricky one (do you hit one girl to protect another?).
I can see some debate on this one...Probably a slap would do it, but Kyon was willing to do something more there....

Personally, I wouldnt dare to hit a girl...That's bad....
Old 2009-09-03, 17:43   Link #58
ReneeBurossamu

Awesome. I watched, and the animation quality was great, just like everyone is saying. It's very season 1-ish, and by far the best that I've seen from these new episodes.
The tension was very nice here too. But I feel like they completely just "undertoned" Haruhi's meanness.

It was awesome that Kyon grew balls this time around. It wasn't really that awesome that Koizumi was around to stop it. Also, this makes me wonder how strong Koizumi really is, considering that he could stop Kyon from pulling his whole arm out of his grip. Hmmm.
... I would've punched Haruhi. I'm a girl though, so...
Old 2009-09-03, 17:54   Link #59
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReneeBurossamu View Post
Also, this makes me wonder how strong Koizumi really is, considering that he could stop Kyon from pulling his whole arm out of his grip. Hmmm.
There's also the fact that Kyon seemed to be struggling quite a bit, while Koizumi wasn't even trying.

I was disappointed with the lack of violence from Haruhi. Kyon snapping at her felt uncalled for. Stopping her wasn't out of place, but his level of anger didn't match the provocation, so it felt really off to me. Oh well, I knew it would happen.
Old 2009-09-03, 17:56   Link #60
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

I think Kyon was more pissed about realizing what they did with Mikuru's drink. Whatever Haruhi said after that set him off.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Closed Thread