Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2018-06-24, 15:57   Link #1201
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
wow someones hostile.

well it's too bad he gave in to the death threats from the aki zealots but i'm not gonna ask the guy to bet his life on this. we all know how it was supposed to go

BTW author has a new title called Oishii Veranda anyone know when that comes out?

same author different artist
After what the author pulled here with this manga, I think I'll pass on their next work. To troll your readers to such an extent is not something I look forward to a second time. I've gotta be a masochist to want to get trolled like that again.

Also, I feel like I'm beating a dead horse here, but once more I'd like to say that I'm not mad that Aki won, as a matter of fact most of us knew she would've won and had accepted that. However, when you decide to give Yoshino a fighting chance and give us false hope, only to flip us the bird afterwards, that's where my dissatisfaction comes in.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 16:00   Link #1202
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:

BTW author has a new title called Oishii Veranda anyone know when that comes out?

same author different artist

Same Author = No thanks. I'm not into self torture. This and Kiss x Sis Author are bad at romance plot imho. Not my cup of tea.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 16:03   Link #1203
HtwoN

That’s not a valid argument. If Yoshino has won, Aki fans would have said the same as you did. “Why the author made Aki the clear winner and flipped to Yoshino at the end?”

To me, Yoshino was able to confess her feeling. That’s important for her character.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 16:13   Link #1204
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtwoN View Post
That’s not a valid argument. If Yoshino has won, Aki fans would have said the same as you did. “Why the author made Aki the clear winner and flipped to Yoshino at the end?”

To me, Yoshino was able to confess her feeling. That’s important for her character.
Are you talking to me?

Tbh Aki/Masamune is not a bad pairing. Both characters had development and the pairing being endgame makes sense.. Like the other guy said I'm more bummed that the Author decided to troll his readers by doing this last arc. I feel like the the whole last arc was unnecessary. It was a plot for the sake of drama.

And yes Yoshino finally admitting her feelings was great for her development. Unfortunately the Author immediately disregarded that 1 chapter later and the status quo went back to before she confessed. Neko also got the short end of the stick by this entire affair.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 16:20   Link #1205
Endless_Despair

Wow I mean, I'm pretty speechless to be honest. I didn't actually think that an author would be mad enough to pull a bait and switch twist in the very last chapter. From a story perspective this was a terrible idea I mean how can anyone defend this ending? This completely deflates the previous 5-10 chapters of character development for all the characters. And I liked Aki, for f***'s sake. I think she's really grown and gotten to be a more noble, sympathetic character. But you accomplish that by making concessions and changing things up, not by jamming in a hamfisted twist at the last moment, purely for the "shock factor", entirely invalidating what is presumably the climax in the previous 3 chapters.

Let's see how the character arcs ended up.

-Aki learns to let go of her attachments in the past and sacrifice herself for others by breaking up with Masamune
-Only to end up dating Masamune again

-Yoshino learns the value of self-respect and assertiveness, and goes to un-cuck herself
-Only just to be cucked again

-Masamune learns to move past both his revenge and his guilt toward Aki
-Only to get revenge by rejecting Yoshino and to enter the same relationship he just left

-Neko is...I mean poor poor Neko, she really was completely dragged though a ton of mud. Thanks to this final twist she is just wrong about everything and comes off as a complete idiot. Her existence is literally pointless.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it didn't seem so contradictory to the past few chapters. All this drama has done a lot at making these characters more compelling. I just like good storytelling. And this feels like an editor-forced twist, that's how bad it is. I mean all that Yoshino blushing that happens in the first few pages? Yeah turns out it was just a prank done by Yoshino "I just wanted to mess with you B-baka" and no I'm not joking here's the pic below:
Spoiler:
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 16:21   Link #1206
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Are you talking to me?

Tbh Aki/Masamune is not a bad pairing. Both characters had development and the pairing being endgame makes sense.. Like the other guy said I'm more bummed that the Author decided to troll his readers by doing this last arc. I feel like the the whole last arc was unnecessary. It was a plot for the sake of drama.

And yes Yoshino finally admitting her feelings was great for her development. Unfortunately the Author immediately disregarded that 1 chapter later and the status quo went back to before she confessed. Neko also got the short end of the stick by this entire affair.
Neko: Well looks like i was completely wrong about everything and stirred up trouble for everyone for absolutely no reason. I know that makes me look like a villain but in my defense i don't eat so sugur doesn't get to my brain. oops.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 16:28   Link #1207
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

The authors name is Hazuki Takeoka. This Author is one I'm going to avoid.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 16:30   Link #1208
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

only author i really dodge like that is seo kouji. and whoever that was that wrote good ending

I'll probably give this author another shot just cause it was a good story up to the last chapter.

Last edited by SoloPanda; 2018-06-24 at 17:09.
Old 2018-06-24, 16:35   Link #1209
BladeMancer
TheBladeThatRivesDivinity

Quote:
only author i really dodge like that is seo kouji.

I'll probably give this author another shot just cause it was a good story up to the last chapter.
Authors who pull bait and switch endings like this are irredeemable. Oh well, dont say I didnt warn you.
Frequent use will make it dull and brittle; it's ill sheen reflecting the wielder's lost virtues and strength. Thus comes the saying that the ire of the calm, kind and gentle forges with vengful fire a fearsome bladed edge. Pray for those whose image reflects off it, for it may only stop through reconcilatory waters or icy voids of the end.
BladeMancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 16:48   Link #1210
Bgunit

Say how did this leak in the first place and what if it's from the anthology comic?
Bgunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 16:58   Link #1211
Jord
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgunit View Post
Say how did this leak in the first place and what if it's from the anthology comic?
Please tell me you're joking or that this is a bait, you can't be serious. Is confirmed, is official, end of the story.
Jord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 17:10   Link #1212
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

what's so strange about asking if spoilers are confirmed? chapter isn't out there's nothing out of the ordinary with people wondering if they're real or not.

when spoilers come out a week before chapter, there's no need to treat people asking for confirmation as idiots.

Old 2018-06-24, 17:28   Link #1213
HtwoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Are you talking to me?

Nah, I was replaying o MK-95.

And I disagree. If the last arc didn't happen, Yoshino would stay forever with the mindset: "I have to suppress my feeling to make Aki happy because I did wrong things to her". The status quo was not the same. Aki learns to live without Yoshino beside her as her maid. She puts Masamune's feelings before her own. Yoshino gets rid of the feeling of guilt. Masamune realizes who is more important to him.

The last arc was not the best, but I disagree completely if you say that it served no purpose.
HtwoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 17:29   Link #1214
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Continued aggression, regardless of the topic, will be met with a response from the moderators. Do not push your luck. This is the only warning I will give.
Old 2018-06-24, 18:03   Link #1215
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:

Quote:
Nah, I was replaying o MK-95.

And I disagree. If the last arc didn't happen, Yoshino would stay forever with the mindset: "I have to suppress my feeling to make Aki happy because I did wrong things to her". The status quo was not the same. Aki learns to live without Yoshino beside her as her maid. She puts Masamune's feelings before her own. Yoshino gets rid of the feeling of guilt. Masamune realizes who is more important to him.

The last arc was not the best, but I disagree completely if you say that it served no purpose.
Oh, so you were referring to me? I wasn't sure, so I left it as is. Quoting goes a long way my dude. Anyway, I'll have to disagree with you on that one.

For one, sure Aki initially "won", but the way in which it was handled (the aftermath) was that Masamune felt like something wasn't right and Yoshino started behaving strangely. These developments were laid while the author was still developing the Masa/Aki route and were capitalized upon when they broke up by having another arc altogether. (Mind you, this is not fans being delusional or reading too deeply into something that shouldn't be taken that seriously... The author himself make it very clear that this is what he was going for and wasn't ambiguous about it in any way.)

However, any positive growth these characters may have experienced was severely cheapened by the mere fact that the entire last arc was tossed out the window in a mere chapter.

As Endless Despair so kindly pointed out previously, the growth these characters experienced was hindered or contradicted in some way because of this last minute bait n' switch. You can defend this development all you want, but it still doesn't change the fact that it was indeed unnecessary at the end of it all.

I will agree with you that Yoshino confessing her feelings was welcomed (I won't say it was necessary considering what went down in the final chapter), but that's as far as mutual agreement goes. The way it was presented as well as the resulting aftermath were handled in such a tasteless manner, that I'd rather she have kept them to herself and let it end right when Masamune first paired up with Aki.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 19:30   Link #1216
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Okay, people are going overboard again saying we were trolled. Saying it’s a bait and switch is also pushing a bit far, as is all the talk of avoiding this author from now on. Regardless of how much the story has been or how much it focused on Yoshino in recent chapters, Aki didn’t just come out of nowhere. Seriously, I can think of several instances where reader/viewer/player anger is warranted. This isn’t one. Just calm down everybody, it’s definitely time to tone it down when two different mods have to step in.

And I’m sure this will earn me the ire of the Yoshino side, so I’ll just leave this here and I won’t be responding to any replies to this post either.
Old 2018-06-24, 19:40   Link #1217
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

As a Yoshino fan i don't see why a simple observation would earn ire. You didn't attack anyone or show hostility. At the end of the day everyone here is entitled their own point of view and should be able to express it as long as they don't insult, attack, or show direct hostility to the points of view of others.

That being said i don't think yoshino fans feel trolled because aki came out of no where, they feel trolled because over the last few chapters we've had a large amount of yoshino centric drama leading in one direction which completely turned out to be a dead end.

i understand the reasoning for doing so which was character growth in yoshino, aki, and masamune but it just feels like it could have been done better.

Old 2018-06-24, 19:50   Link #1218
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Despair View Post
-Aki learns to let go of her attachments in the past and sacrifice herself for others by breaking up with Masamune
This makes total sense. Getting the dick is her reward for sacrificing herself for her friend. And it's not like she didn't really like the guy.
Old 2018-06-24, 20:14   Link #1219
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
That LN ended with one volume.
So who won in that?

Last edited by wuhugm; 2018-06-24 at 22:05.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 22:05   Link #1220
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Bad day for humanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless_Despair View Post
Wow I mean, I'm pretty speechless to be honest. I didn't actually think that an author would be mad enough to pull a bait and switch twist in the very last chapter. From a story perspective this was a terrible idea I mean how can anyone defend this ending? This completely deflates the previous 5-10 chapters of character development for all the characters. And I liked Aki, for f***'s sake. I think she's really grown and gotten to be a more noble, sympathetic character. But you accomplish that by making concessions and changing things up, not by jamming in a hamfisted twist at the last moment, purely for the "shock factor", entirely invalidating what is presumably the climax in the previous 3 chapters.

Let's see how the character arcs ended up.

-Yoshino learns the value of self-respect and assertiveness, and goes to un-cuck herself
-Only just to be cucked again

-Masamune learns to move past both his revenge and his guilt toward Aki
-Only to get revenge by rejecting Yoshino and to enter the same relationship he just left

-Neko is...I mean poor poor Neko, she really was completely dragged though a ton of mud. Thanks to this final twist she is just wrong about everything and comes off as a complete idiot. Her existence is literally pointless.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it didn't seem so contradictory to the past few chapters. All this drama has done a lot at making these characters more compelling. I just like good storytelling. And this feels like an editor-forced twist, that's how bad it is. I mean all that Yoshino blushing that happens in the first few pages? Yeah turns out it was just a prank done by Yoshino "I just wanted to mess with you B-baka" and no I'm not joking here's the pic below:
Spoiler:
Wow, you put that really nicely

Agree to all your points

That image, was that a correct timing for a joke? Weird
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bait and switch, harem, romance, tsundere, white knight protagonist