AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-08-12, 18:45   Link #1441
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post

So is Sailor Moon ( probably mentioned zillion times already ), and there are no words to explain what should be done to it and it's makers.
Sailor Moon defiantly deserves to be a Frisbee that needs to be thrown over and over and over repeatingly from 2010-2012
Old 2010-08-12, 20:04   Link #1442
Lonestar9

Send a message via Yahoo to Lonestar9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrini6000 View Post
I didn't like Ai Yori Aoshi. It was horrible; so dull and boring. How did anyone like it at all?
I liked it a lot....kinda different than other harem type shows. The second season wasn't as good, but still enjoyable enough.
Old 2010-08-12, 23:10   Link #1443
colorles
kid

the anime adaptation of Samurai Deeper Kyo; how the animators could mess up such a brilliant manga is an achievement in itself per say
Old 2010-08-13, 20:41   Link #1444
Kameruka
Hen-Tie

Anything yaoi fangirls craved, like Yami no Matsuei!
Old 2010-08-17, 23:51   Link #1445
OgodItsKanon
ばかな王女様
*Artist

Worst anime? Bakugan. It's an attempt to combine Pokemon and Yugioh. Seriously, I'd roast in the oven and then toss its remains in the microwave. = =
Old 2010-08-18, 06:55   Link #1446
Momoko-chan77

Pita-Ten. It was so boring! If only they had stuck to the manga storyline. -_-
Old 2010-08-21, 09:41   Link #1447
WBoon
Smile, like HTT Girls
*Author

Send a message via MSN to WBoon
Digimon Frontier and Xros Wars. Talk about ruining a good franchise.
Old 2010-08-21, 17:52   Link #1448
PCSExponent

I'm not so surprised to see NGE mentioned in this thread; I'm a bit overwhelmed, however, with the number of mentions. Personally I think it is over-rated but still a solid anime with tons of quotable moments. And the 2nd movie in the rebuild series is the best thing I've ever seen.
I'm absolutely shocked, however, to see Azumanga Daioh, K-On! and Chobitsu garner more than one mention in this thread, each. Especially Chobitsu. It's not my favourite of the three, but it's the one anime I thought I'd never see anyone hate. Oh well, life's too short to be befuddled over other people's preferences...

Can't say I've watched at length any thing too painful, but...
Lucky Star isn't very good.
Trigun wasn't very good.
Jyu-oh-sei wasn't very good.
The only anime I ever decided not to watch after watching one episode was Shana no Shokugan (sp?).
School days was painful, I just skimmed over it at 30s intervals looking for the oft-mentioned ecchi moments... none to be found
Old 2010-08-21, 17:55   Link #1449
PCSExponent

Oh, just to add-
I'm always amazed by the Mononoke Hime appreciation. To me it was a children's movie, and a quite poor one, at that. Nicely drawn, though, I'll give it that much.
And.... I deserve some kind of prize for having read the whole 73 -page monster that this thread is. I really do.
Old 2010-08-21, 22:45   Link #1450
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCSExponent View Post
I'm not so surprised to see NGE mentioned in this thread; I'm a bit overwhelmed, however, with the number of mentions. Personally I think it is over-rated but still a solid anime with tons of quotable moments. And the 2nd movie in the rebuild series is the best thing I've ever seen.
I'm absolutely shocked, however, to see Azumanga Daioh, K-On! and Chobitsu garner more than one mention in this thread, each. Especially Chobitsu. It's not my favourite of the three, but it's the one anime I thought I'd never see anyone hate. Oh well, life's too short to be befuddled over other people's preferences...

Trigun wasn't very good.
The only anime I ever decided not to watch after watching one episode was Shana no Shokugan (sp?).
School days was painful, I just skimmed over it at 30s intervals looking for the oft-mentioned ecchi moments... none to be found
You're surprised about K-ON being bashed then bash Mononoke Hime, Now i'm surprised

Well any way, I didn't think Lucky Star was all that great either
Old 2010-08-22, 00:03   Link #1451
mechdra

Most dating sim adaptation. The plot is usually weak, the character is shallow and the main character is lame in various aspect and level.
Old 2010-08-23, 06:46   Link #1452
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Shakugan no Shana.

I really wonder what's going on in peoples head when they watch one episode of anime, and then judge the whole anime based on it and won't watch further. You should never drop anime based on the first episode.
Old 2010-08-23, 06:54   Link #1453
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Shakugan no Shana.

I really wonder what's going on in peoples head when they watch one episode of anime, and then judge the whole anime based on it and won't watch further. You should never drop anime based on the first episode.
/nod /nod

Usually in my view, every first episode of an anime sometimes will feel rushed, or will get you dazzled, since they are basically trying to stuff all this info in your head about what is to come. But if you watch more then the first episode that dazzled head will become clear, and you "might" find yourself enjoying the anime.
Old 2010-08-23, 08:42   Link #1454
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:

Trigun wasn't very good.

Oh, just to add-
I'm always amazed by the Mononoke Hime appreciation. To me it was a children's movie, and a quite poor one, at that. Nicely drawn, though, I'll give it that much.
And.... I deserve some kind of prize for having read the whole 73 -page monster that this thread is. I really do.
Why anyone would fully read a generally negative 73-page thread instead of a more positive one is beyond me.

Let me just state that Lucky Star is far from being a frisbee as well as Trigun. Haven't seen Jyu-oh-sei so can't comment on that. School Days, one of the most polarizing shows ever is from my point of view not a frisbee as well. I'd rather say it's your fault for expecting a hentai.

As for Princess Mononoke, certainly is one of the better animes that exist.

Not really related but you certainly deserve an award for 1) spelling Shakugan no Shana wrong and 2) not using the edit button.

edit: I already mentioned Ayakashi being horrible but let me add 11eyes as the trainwreck of the year.
Old 2010-08-23, 08:43   Link #1455
OverFunk
It will never be the year

On first episode basis, Futakoi Alternative is the best anime ever.

But we're digressing, let's leave the thread for the ones who need it.

Never forget
Old 2010-08-23, 08:48   Link #1456
Arbitrium
Sword of Justice

Send a message via AIM to Arbitrium Send a message via MSN to Arbitrium
Just, Mars of Destruction. Enough said.
Old 2010-10-11, 13:49   Link #1457
DBZAOTA482

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitrium View Post
Just, Mars of Destruction. Enough said.
I agreem,it's such a pain to watch,everything about it is abysmal,it seemed like the producers just wanted a quick buck and went lazy,& it was based off a video game in Japan which I reckon was rather popular!
Old 2010-10-11, 16:53   Link #1458
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworn to Believe View Post
English version of Mew Mew Power.

such a fail...

also the new versions of yugioh
and bakugan which is basically a yugioh pokemon ripoff.

the anime version of fruits basket because THEY QUIT IT AT VOLUME 6 before all the interesting stuff happens. >.<
I have to agree with you on that, but Tokyo Mew Mew wasn't really all that good to begin with imo it had a decent plot at best.

Old 2010-10-12, 20:58   Link #1459
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Thumbs down

Queens Blade.... l like ecchi though but this anime sickens me...
its lacks the story and no male lead....its insulting
Old 2010-10-12, 21:12   Link #1460
Patchy
練紅玉
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworn to Believe View Post
English version of Mew Mew Power.

such a fail...

also the new versions of yugioh
and bakugan which is basically a yugioh pokemon ripoff.

the anime version of fruits basket because THEY QUIT IT AT VOLUME 6 before all the interesting stuff happens. >.<
Agree with Yu-gi-oh and bakugan.... and not just that, including some merchandise/toys including animes like crush gear, beyblade etc.

About Furuba, yup they quit it after a while but still doesn't need to throw as a frisbee, it is still quite nice even though it doesn't fulfill the greatness of the whole manga.
Shiro
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
Currently Doing:
Currently Hidden in depths of Chireiden

Closed Thread