AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-09-11, 09:32   Link #14041
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
At least it's confirmed as a him.
Don't be so sure of that. Japanease doesn't have gender specific pronouns, so usually its up to translators discretion until they know for certian one way or the other. Take Chrona for example. Go to two diffrent tranlations and one will say "he" while the other says "she".

You'd have to have someone with the RAW if it gives any real indication #6 is a he.
Old 2011-09-11, 09:36   Link #14042
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
The thing that this confirms is that Number 2 is not a complete monster that people make him out to be. Sure, he's bad tempered and arrogant but at least he seems to interact with SCHOOL like they are his comrades at least.

And he shows mercy. <.<

I don't know where this 'complete monster' impression came from, even way back in Vol 15 Hazamura noted how much better Kakine is as a person as compared to the 'complete monster' that was Mugino.
Old 2011-09-11, 09:49   Link #14043
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Well, he's not as hellbent on destruction as Accelerator or Mugino. While Accelerator goes and destroys stuff to keep others away from his own business, Kakine only destroys what he thinks is standing on his way. Mugino is an entirely different can of fish (lol), and would probably destroy an entire city block to kill a bug.

Mugino's that unstable.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2011-09-11, 09:58   Link #14044
Drifting Wolf

The thing I liked about that scene is that Kakine Teitoku seems to be goofing around with them, making him seem much more normal and human. And the best part is that SCHOOL seems comfortable around Teitoku to joke around with him at that.

I guess that Accelerator is probably what sets him off, since he certainly seems to suffer from an acute case of 'Inferiority Complex'. So I guess that he loses it where Accelerator is involved.
Old 2011-09-11, 10:20   Link #14045
ToumaCrowley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifting Wolf View Post
I guess that Accelerator is probably what sets him off, since he certainly seems to suffer from an acute case of 'Inferiority Complex'. So I guess that he loses it where Accelerator is involved.
Not that you can blame him: the awakened he was curbstomped by non-awakened Accelerator.

Please Kamachi, if you make Touma become Higher Than God, expand his harem to Gensokyou

Aleister Crowley VS Yukari Yakumo, the final battle
Old 2011-09-11, 10:54   Link #14046
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Don't be so sure of that. Japanease doesn't have gender specific pronouns, so usually its up to translators discretion until they know for certian one way or the other. Take Chrona for example. Go to two diffrent tranlations and one will say "he" while the other says "she".

You'd have to have someone with the RAW if it gives any real indication #6 is a he.
Uhhh... Japanese do have gender specific pronouns("kare" for he and "kanojo" for she"). Problem is, Japanese sentence structure is such that you can leave out subjects or objects of the sentence after mentioning once in the conversation(you usually use the character's name or his title, such as "that crazy bitch from Tokiwadai", when mentioning him/her the first time to make it clear to the reader who you're talking about) and still make the sentence retain its meaning when said speaking in a specific context, hence avoiding the use of pronouns. That's why, Japanese author can easily hide even the gender of a characters they want to by using this peculiarity of Japanese's sentence structure.

As for no 6's gender, I haven't read the Japanese raw of latest Railgun manga so I can't comment on it, but I'll mention it here once I have if they reveal his/her gender in the chapter or not if no one has mention it first before me.
Old 2011-09-11, 11:04   Link #14047
LazyHunter

One unrelated question. I decided to polish Silvercross Alpha's Powered Suits articles in the Toaru wiki. I already added the Bee Launcher (and if someone can take a look and confirm is ok I'll be grateful) but I run into a problem. The wiki puts the Highway Cheetah as the biopedal armadillo like suit Silvercross uses when I think it's a different 4-legged suit. As seen here in the novel (Chapter 4 Part 9)
Spoiler:

Also Silvercross refers to the armadillo suit as Life Armor (Part 15)
Quote:
“It’s true that this isn’t a good situation. I’m at the disadvantage here. As such, I suppose I will ensure my own safety even if it requires changing my plans a little. …Because of ‘them’, I can’t allow myself, one of the Freshmen, to be lost. Simply put, I am going to flee no matter what it takes. Luckily, this Life Armor gives me the durability to do just that.”

Immediately afterwards, the front hatch of the 4-legged suit opened and the small, armadillo-like suit came out.
But after Hamazura breaks his arm the armor crumbles (Part 19)
Quote:
With a water-like sound, Silver Cross’s “shell” transformed. Inside was a young man with long hair and a graceful face. The “shell” changed so that it looked like he was wearing a dirty cape.

He didn’t look at all like the robot surrounded by thick armor that had been there before.

Half of Silver Cross’s body was covered in the artificial muscles that forcibly reinforced him from without, but they looked like a half complete design.

The writhing fibers of the chemical springs were directly visible.

On that somehow captivating unevenness, the model name, Emergency, was displayed in red letters.
Are those 2 different suits? Or the armadillo suit simply transformed? In that case what name should we use? Life Armor or Emergency?
Old 2011-09-11, 16:22   Link #14048
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
IMO, so far the answer lies on the Magic Gods, and one of them is called One-eyed Othinus, whose name obviously implies is using the Norse Myh as his style.
Side note: Majins are beings who are beyond magic and step into God's realm. God is beyond science and magic.

Indeed, this is going to be a major plot point later on and GREMLIN is probably linked with Othinus with their Norse style and that "use magic and science" shtick.

Can we expect him to go "bitch I make Izzard look like nothin'"?

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-09-11, 20:59   Link #14049
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Side note: Majins are beings who are beyond magic and step into God's realm. God is beyond science and magic.

Indeed, this is going to be a major plot point later on and GREMLIN is probably linked with Othinus with their Norse style and that "use magic and science" shtick.

Can we expect him to go "bitch I make Izzard look like nothin'"?
Shhh! Okashira can hear you.
Old 2011-09-12, 03:19   Link #14050
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I wonder if Kamachi would keep to his "3 volumes annually" streak that he has maintained for the last couple of years... New Testament 2 is light enough for that to happen, but at the same time he now has Heavy Object to write as well...

It's probably too late to come in October like Vol 22, so that just leaves November as the only other month he has published a volume...
Old 2011-09-12, 15:25   Link #14051
Hiro Hayase

Anyone remember when Heaven Canceler did a brain scan on Touma? Supposedly there was speculation that his brain was far too dangerous and complex than any Level 5's.

I'm really curious about Touma's childhood and origin since he was often called a 'child of calamity' that affected others. (SS2) I hope there's an Side Story dedicated simply to Touma's childhood in the future or one with Accelerator might not be too bad either which reveals his old name.

The identity of #6 Level 5 will be revealed soon... I truly hope its a girl, so she's added to Touma's ever increasing harem.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-09-12 at 15:35.
Old 2011-09-12, 17:01   Link #14052
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
Anyone remember when Heaven Canceler did a brain scan on Touma? Supposedly there was speculation that his brain was far too dangerous and complex than any Level 5's.
Nay, that's confirmed to be false.

Quote:
I'm really curious about Touma's childhood and origin since he was often called a 'child of calamity' that affected others. (SS2) I hope there's an Side Story dedicated simply to Touma's childhood in the future or one with Accelerator might not be too bad either which reveals his old name.
Not impossible since I get the impression that New Testament is going to be focusing one Imagine Breaker as the central for the conflict.

Quote:
The identity of #6 Level 5 will be revealed soon... I truly hope its a girl, so she's added to Touma's ever increasing harem.
Hmmm.... I still think Kamachi would go with a guy... A mixture of Gut feeling as well as group dynamics.
Old 2011-09-12, 17:25   Link #14053
ellifeedn
Thinker

So far we have three guys and three girls who are level 5 and two girls who are potential level 5. I think a guy is needed to balance things out.
Old 2011-09-12, 18:53   Link #14054
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I wonder if Kamachi would keep to his "3 volumes annually" streak that he has maintained for the last couple of years... New Testament 2 is light enough for that to happen, but at the same time he now has Heavy Object to write as well...
With Toaru SP the "volume per year" ratio is going to increase. I wouldn't be surprised if by next year more of those bonus SS are also compiled in more volumes.

About the n°6 what I'm more surprised is that people aren't fretting about the comment of "it was expected that you wouldn't find him"... Maybe the 6th's ability has to do with concealing once's presence or something? That comment gives way more room for theories than his / her / it's gender (which I'm guessing, he is going to be a trap )
Old 2011-09-12, 19:01   Link #14055
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

He's a shapeshifter. Thus, he can make Yuriko canon.

Believer of the Great Sumeragi.

One Does Not Simply Make Touma A Good Protagonist ~ The Truth.

"Kyon has set his 'enemy that must be defeated' to be 'bad writing' of the world. The more there is, the stronger his Holy Crack " ~ Chaos2Frozen.
Old 2011-09-12, 19:02   Link #14056
Breidaluk

Are you saying "Trap" in that sense? Then Touma may have all options in his harem.
Old 2011-09-12, 19:26   Link #14057
Breidaluk

Question: what exactly "a certain prophecy index" talks about? I heard its the first time when touma meets maika(probably after the memory loss).
http://r-s.sakura.ne.jp/w/s/ipi.htm

Anyway, really wanted to see the special chapter where Misaka meets Kanzaki and Touma talks to misaka 20002, the one with cat ears. Anyone can give a summary of what happens?
Old 2011-09-12, 19:33   Link #14058
ellifeedn
Thinker

At least no one (yet anyway) has made a fanfic about #6 being some shadowy puppetmaster type of person (I think #5 fits that role already).
Old 2011-09-12, 23:53   Link #14059
Hiro Hayase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Nay, that's confirmed to be false.

Not impossible since I get the impression that New Testament is going to be focusing one Imagine Breaker as the central for the conflict.

Hmmm.... I still think Kamachi would go with a guy... A mixture of Gut feeling as well as group dynamics.
Okay, thanks for the confirmation that its false. I also thought so too.

So lets start the absurd theories about the #6 Level 5's ability~

We have someone saying its shape-shifting. Any other guesses?

I say he/she has the ability to move through shadows and manipulate them. Although that kinda sounds lame now that I look back at it. The #6 Level's ability has to be something far different than the other Level 5's.....plus he/she is not a gemstone. Seems like a rational and sane type of person after not messing up the messenger like Accelerator, but instead disappearing from his sights.
Old 2011-09-13, 00:01   Link #14060
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Okay, thanks for the confirmation that its false. I also thought so too.
It used to be worse- originally the rumor was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's in the Toaru Majutsu no Index Wiki, isn't it?

Well, in that article, Aleister says that Touma is so dangerous in Academy City that he can bring up a DEFCON 3. [By comparison, the 9/11 attacks made the US reach DEFCON 3.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post

I read somewhere that the Imagine Breaker is at Defcon 3. Is Touma's power that dangerous??
Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
Toumas awalking a.bomb!normal would a person threat be able to go US DEFCON 3....thats already involves missles and army and its only Touma if you combine Accel and Aqua ull see a the worlds strongest team! btw if you add all the kamijou faction! its the end of the world!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
Aleister refered to normal Touma as DEFCON 3 and said he could interfere with 97% of his plans.

What do YOU think an Awakened Touma can do to an ant like Ollerus? He'd murder him in a fight imho, unless whatever research he's been doing pays off.

Now that Touma is not the protagonist anymore, I like him

Quote:
So lets start the absurd theories about the #6 Level 5's ability~

We someone saying its shape-shifting. Any other guesses?

I say he/she has the ability to move through shadows and manipulate them.
Nay, too shounenish.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen