AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-13, 17:18   Link #3521
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Since I was out in New York City for two days and didn't have internet, I got farther in Atelier Totori Plus with some more vigorous on the fly translating (which is why my playtime is pretty high). Somehow, I manage to earn the extension a year early before the adventurer's license renewal requirement. Now I have to finish some endings so at least I get a normal ending instead of getting stuck with a bad one after Year 5. Once I beat the game, possibly it will unlock more DLC goodies included in the game... I already have the ability to have Cordelia and Iksel join the team already, but not Cecilia yet.

Aside from that, I preordered Tales of Hearts R for the Vita since the yen depreciated, thus made the game a bit more affordable although it still costs a bundle compared to American releases. Still debating on whether or not to order the Vita version of Atelier Meruru. Probably will since I will have frequent shopping points I have to use and downloading the DLC for the American version will probably cost a good amount of money. Besides, I use my portables more than my regular consoles these days. Also, there is Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity I want to play too... so yeah, March is a busy month probably.
Old 2013-01-13, 18:28   Link #3522
Dextro
He Without a Title

I completely forgot that I still have Tales of Vesperia sitting on my 360 hard drive to finish so I've been doing that this weekend. The game has a lot of charm and I'm starting to get used to the english dub (which is actually quite decent) but I just can't seem to get into the combat system. I'm more of a turn-based fan than real time. The only "real-time" jRPG combat system I've enjoyed so far was Eternal Sonata but Vesperia isn't particularly helping the case. Maybe Tales of Graces F (which is sitting on my todo pile) will be the one.

Speaking of Eternal Sonata: oh how I enjoyed that one. I even bought it for both 360 and PS3 and sort-of completed both versions. I'm stuck at the "final" boss on the PS3 version currently because I'm under-levelled. I can deal with mobs more than good enough because skill helps quite a bit in that game but the end boss is a different story all together. I would even go as far as saying that the additions made to the PS3 version and the slight levelling tweaks to accompany them made the game just a tiny bit harder to play. I went from overpowered to underpowered in an instant due to one of the added dungeons.
Old 2013-01-14, 09:05   Link #3523
Soverence

I have been playing Bayonetta pretty much none stop for the past two days, made me realize how much I have missed the hack and slash style games. They give a real challenge well still being passable once you get the hang of it. It is a shame that the whole genre has pretty much been at a stand still recently except for a few devoted franchises. Might go and get the Devil My Cry Collection or Ninja Gaiden 2 (since 3 doesn't exist )

Before Bayonetta though, I just finished Mass Effect 3 and all of its glory. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal about the ending was, I thought the ending of the series was fine. I will admit, before I downloaded the Director's Cut the ending felt somewhat short and broken but it was still pretty satisfying.
Soverence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-14, 16:12   Link #3524
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soverence View Post
Before Bayonetta though, I just finished Mass Effect 3 and all of its glory. Honestly, I don't see what the big deal about the ending was, I thought the ending of the series was fine. I will admit, before I downloaded the Director's Cut the ending felt somewhat short and broken but it was still pretty satisfying.
Spoiler for Mass Effect 3 ending:
Old 2013-01-15, 02:16   Link #3525
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Finally...finished...Catherine. (well atleast my first playthrough) It's been a while since I was actually "challenged" by a game. I couldn't get past day 6 so I had to swallow my pride and switch the difficulty to "Easy"...and I still had a fairly hard time.

Got the Normal ending for Katherine, not planning to start a new playthrough anytime soon but when I do then it shouldn't be too bad. Though I doubt I'll ever get the Platinum trophy for this game.

But all the work was totally worth it because of Wakamoto Norio's acting. The VA cast including him is just awesome, it was the reason I picked up the game in the first place.

Also finishing up FFIX. At the final dungeon, I might go back to fight Ozma. Gave up on ever getting the Excalibur II.

Also went back to playing Fate/EXTRA...mainly to go over the story again for the upcoming release of CCC...which has been pushed back another month into March. orz. Though I guess it's not a Type-Moon game until the release date gets pushed back right? LOL. Though I'm assuming that the delay this time is probably because of the figma figure for the limited edition.

Got no plans of new games until March and April. Kami-sama to Unmei Kakumei no Paradox coming out later this month is a MAYBE on my list.
Old 2013-01-15, 07:29   Link #3526
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Spoiler for Mass Effect 3 ending:
Spoiler for ME3:
Old 2013-01-15, 07:34   Link #3527
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
I've been stuck on Day 6 of Catherine...orz
Don't worry, my major stumbling block on Catherine was that part aka The Clock Tower. Once I somehow fluked getting through that, every other level was a breeze. Even the final encounter was easy for me in comparison to the freaking Clock Tower...or the Quadrangle...my first playthrough got me Katherine True. People always seem surprised when I tell them that though. I didn't think getting a True ending was that hard.

I played Spec Ops: The Line on Sunday and finished it in one night. But I still feel shell-shocked and unable to do much after it...this is the emotional, moral punch that has been missing from gaming and media in general for me.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up Bastion. Best indie game I've ever come across. Rucks (aka voiced by Logan Cunningham) is the epitome of narration for me.
Old 2013-01-15, 15:45   Link #3528
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Spoiler for ME3:
I can't really defend the game ending. They really went lazy and rushed the story to get the game out as soon as the EA overlords wanted and the end result clearly suffers for that. In the end it's still a great game (and above that a great game series) but misses masterpiece levels by just a notch. A shame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I played Spec Ops: The Line on Sunday and finished it in one night. But I still feel shell-shocked and unable to do much after it...this is the emotional, moral punch that has been missing from gaming and media in general for me.
That game is pretty darned good. Don't get me wrong, it's not a great game, what it is is a very important game for the medium. It can really get a person shaking at times and not using cheap shots like random enemies showing up from doors and alike. What was your most memorable scene?

Spoiler for Spec Ops:
Old 2013-01-15, 17:11   Link #3529
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Sonic 3&Knuckles.
Celestia Ludenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-15, 21:28   Link #3530
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Finished the first playthrough of Atelier Meruru and managed to get about 101000 population and Rank VIII. Not too shabby, although I missed alot since I did a good amount of inefficient things... However, I managed to see Keina's, Mimi's and Rorona's ending event scenes and got trophy's for them. Oh well, second try will be better... and I will most likely get the port since they are adding even more content to it.
Old 2013-01-16, 05:21   Link #3531
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Devil May Cry (2001)
Old 2013-01-16, 07:32   Link #3532
SidVicious
Anime addict

Just started playing Corpse Party: Book of Shadows for the PSP.
Old 2013-01-16, 14:05   Link #3533
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
That game is pretty darned good. Don't get me wrong, it's not a great game, what it is is a very important game for the medium. It can really get a person shaking at times and not using cheap shots like random enemies showing up from doors and alike. What was your most memorable scene?

Spoiler for Spec Ops:
Spoiler for answers:
Old 2013-01-16, 15:25   Link #3534
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Spoiler for answers:
Spoiler for Spec Ops:
Old 2013-01-16, 18:59   Link #3535
DuoRanger
Banned

space marine but unfortunatelly the multiplayer is preety dead
DuoRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 01:05   Link #3536
Yahiro
Himono Onna

- Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep
- Skyrim (never stopped really)
- Guild Wars 2
- World of Warcraft
- Assassins Creed II (Replay)

Edit: Tekken 6
Yahiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 05:04   Link #3537
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Mostly still Tekken TAG Tournament 2 [PS3] for learning more characters and finding more combo setups. Currently having fun with Jinpachi

And thanks to new contents, I also back to play Gran Turismo 5 [PS3] for the new and free DLC of 2014 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Final Prototype. The second one is Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012) [PC] for the ultimate speed pack DLC. Too bad I only like 2 of the new cars. The new events are nice, though.
Old 2013-01-17, 07:11   Link #3538
Celestia Ludenberg
Ultimate Gambler

Jet Set Radio.
Old 2013-01-17, 12:05   Link #3539
GoddyofAus
Level 5 Pyrokineticist

I just finished a session of Spec Ops: The Line.

Spoiler:
GoddyofAus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-17, 19:54   Link #3540
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoddyofAus View Post
I just finished a session of Spec Ops: The Line.

Spoiler:
Whatever you do make sure to avoid any spoilers about the game. It's a great game but even I, a person who doesn't usually mind spoilers, think that it's a story whose impact is intimately connected to how little you know of it.