AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-02-02, 23:12   Link #1101
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
I also got a feeling Al Sarmen also had a hand to play with his great depression that Alibaba's father helped him over come. Soo I think that it had something to do with Sindria being burned as there was a flashback in one of the chapters and the person he was holding could have been very dear to him like his first love or the person he was holding could be Dracon when he was still human and to save his life he ended up like that as we know him.
From Sindbad's characteristic: playboy but swear not to married, always smiling. I think it's 80-90% that he lost his lover in the past ( probably his family included ) and this incident was indeed caused by Al-Sarmen.
Old 2013-02-03, 09:34   Link #1102
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
From Sindbad's characteristic: playboy but swear not to married, always smiling. I think it's 80-90% that he lost his lover in the past ( probably his family included ) and this incident was indeed caused by Al-Sarmen.
I'd wonder what reason Al Sarmen decided to screw with Sinbad other then having him join their ranks. It would probably be told in his adventures book. But I agree family/childhood friend or lover would give most people enough reason to go after Al Sarmen. Remember when the story was about going to dungeon to dungeon to met all of Ugo friends. Did we ever find out what Ugo and the other Djinns where talking about?
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 11:20   Link #1103
Sixth
Hu Tao

Actually I rather disappointed with AL-Sarmen. At first I thought they were a bunch of demons or something badaass that humans cannot hope to beat. The more we knew about them, the less frightening they became. In the end, they were just a bunch of pussies or emo and a HUMAN who hates destiny because they got lousy life in the past.

Not to mention, their trump card, Judal got owned twice. Some magi huh...
Sixth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 11:26   Link #1104
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Actually I rather disappointed with AL-Sarmen. At first I thought they were a bunch of demons or something badaass that humans cannot hope to beat. The more we knew about them, the less frightening they became. In the end, they were just a bunch of pussies or emo and a HUMAN who hates destiny because they got lousy life in the past.

Not to mention, their trump card, Judal got owned twice. Some magi huh...
Judal got owned once by a kamikaze, full powered Djinn (and possibly one of the strongest Djinn we've seen). The second time he got taken out by the Wisdom of Solomon which is a pretty damn broken ability that only Aladdin can use (and seemed to be especially effective against him).

To be perfectly honest, I think Judal is at the very top tier of power in the series...
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 12:24   Link #1105
shalala

On the wikia it was said that Magi's where able to create Djinns. SO if that was the case couldn't Aladdin recreate Ugo as his own Djinn WITH HIS HEAD. Surely a magi would be seen as the most strongest of everybody in the world so Judal himself is strong even if he has been beaten twice. Then again we don't know how strong Yunan and lolimagi are.
Old 2013-02-03, 15:47   Link #1106
Kazu-kun

Quote:
On the wikia it was said that Magi's where able to create Djinns.
The wikia is most likely wrong, since there's no proof of such a thing in the manga. They're probably misunderstanding Aladdin's technique, Djinn materialization, which creates a fake Djinn made of magic.
Old 2013-02-03, 16:03   Link #1107
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
The wikia is most likely wrong, since there's no proof of such a thing in the manga. They're probably misunderstanding Aladdin's technique, Djinn materialization, which creates a fake Djinn made of magic.
Yh I know that Ugo was made out of magic. I figured that it was mentioned in some chapter that I forgotten about. I want Ugo back.
Old 2013-02-03, 16:18   Link #1108
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
The Banker in Balbadd thought Aladdin was using Djinn materialization at first, but it turned to be heat magic given the form of a Djinn.
But he also mentions Aladdin obtained 'it', Wisdom of Solomon, whose nature is described as omniscience in the Zagan dungeon.
Paimon said she was created by Solomon, the king vessel chosen by the magi of Alma Toran, so if Aladdin were to experiment with Wisdom of Solomon, I'm sure he could find a way to create Djinns.

Personally, I believe Scheherazade is pretty close to finding out the way to create a Djinn. She created Titus, an artificial lifeform and gave him a body, if she instead sealed his spirit/rukh inside a metal vessel, he may have become something akin to a Djinn.

Edit: 172 is out.
Old 2013-02-03, 16:27   Link #1109
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
On the wikia it was said that Magi's where able to create Djinns. SO if that was the case couldn't Aladdin recreate Ugo as his own Djinn WITH HIS HEAD. Surely a magi would be seen as the most strongest of everybody in the world so Judal himself is strong even if he has been beaten twice. Then again we don't know how strong Yunan and lolimagi are.
I think what was mentioned in the manga is that magi are able to materialize Djinns, as opposed to dungeon clearers who're only able to equip them.

Though Djinns were created by Solomon, so maybe some day Aladdin will be able to reproduce the feat.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 17:12   Link #1110
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
172 is out.
So the finals received an electrical shock. But I doubt that's enough to defeat them. They'll probably continue fighting. Besides Mu still didn't show his metal vessel...
Old 2013-02-03, 17:35   Link #1111
shalala

Nice chapter. I like to think that Aladdin at the time when he took out his magoi stopping cyrstials he would be going inside his head "....I'm fucked. The rukh are not coming to me..waiit they coming. Say something cool". We now know what Matal and his student are doing in this war and that the Fanalist know how to swim. Poor Mor. Surely it would been better if Aladdin had taken his cyrstials out ahead of time. The fanalist will probably show off their household vessals and then Mu would show off his metal Vessal and THEN will Alibaba enter the fight after seeing Aladdin flying around about to be hit by Mu in his Full djinn equip only to Alibaba to defend Aladdin In his very own Full Djinn equip. But it is clear that Kou would end up taking down the 2nd barrier.
Old 2013-02-03, 17:39   Link #1112
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I only hope for two things:
1- Next chapter we actually get to see Aladdin release his power;
2- Alibaba doesn't end up fighting Aladdin just because they are on different sides.
Old 2013-02-03, 18:02   Link #1113
shalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I only hope for two things:
1- Next chapter we actually get to see Aladdin release his power;
2- Alibaba doesn't end up fighting Aladdin just because they are on different sides.
Don't see why Alibaba would fight Aladdin. As he is only there to meet up with Aladdin. As even the coups didn't understand why he was with them other then he asked Mu (probably after they battled or once he heard that Laem where going to war with Magnoshuttot) to take him along as they where going both the same way and would it not be stange on Leam part to let a stranger join their army at such a time. Still I wanna see Mu and Alibaba coliseum fight as I get the feeling it was just a sword only battle with no Djinns involved. Not only that Alibaba would have no reason to help Laem in this war or else he would have been fighting with the coups. Still I do hope their reunion is a funny one. The faces that they pull are jokes.
Old 2013-02-03, 18:08   Link #1114
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

He's not actually joined the army (as in, enlisted). He's just hitched a ride. Turning against them would still be bad form, but it wouldn't be desertion or treason.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 18:13   Link #1115
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Still I wanna see Mu and Alibaba coliseum fight as I get the feeling it was just a sword only battle with no Djinns involved. Not only that Alibaba would have no reason to help Laem in this war or else he would have been fighting with the coups. Still I do hope their reunion is a funny one. The faces that they pull are jokes.
There were no Djinns involved, only normal swords can be used in the Colosseum, which makes me wonder if Alibaba and Mu can use magoi manipulation like the Yambala warriors and whether Mu knows Alibaba has a Djinn like him.

The Fanalis saw the magician use thunder before, apparently they don't know much about physics, water + electricity = bad.
Seems like Aladdin is absorbing Rukh at a high rate, hope next chapter he's back to normal, the magicians will be quite shocked seeing him in magi mode.
Old 2013-02-03, 18:19   Link #1116
Kazu-kun

Quote:
The Fanalis saw the magician use thunder before, apparently they don't know much about physics, water + electricity = bad.
But how bad? They're finalis, so it probably won't do much damage on them.
Old 2013-02-03, 18:23   Link #1117
marvelB

Thinking about it, I kinda wouldn't be surprised if the mage army got that nuke up and running again, despite the fact that Aladdin sabotaged it last chapter. After all, while he might be merciful to his enemies, the same can't really be said for Dumblemort (who wouldn't hesitate to blast a few of those fanalis to oblivion when they let their guard down).....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-03, 18:39   Link #1118
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Man...those mages need to learn the Avada Kedavra spell, then the battle would be so much easier for them xD
Old 2013-02-03, 18:49   Link #1119
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
But how bad? They're finalis, so it probably won't do much damage on them.
I'd say the Finalis have high physical resistance, but low magical resistance, so the magic attack should have done considerable damage.
While not that good of an example, Masrur couldn't move his body after using his household vessel, so their natural healing ability isn't as unreasonable as their physical strength.
At the very least, I expect some of them knocked out, while others are still conscious, but hurt.

Though they may have household vessels that can absorb damage, Barbatos in Ars Goetia sounds like he has affinity with the earth.
Old 2013-02-03, 18:58   Link #1120
Kazu-kun

Quote:
I'd say the Finalis have high physical resistance, but low magical resistance, so the magic attack should have done considerable damage.
It's not a magical attack per se. They used magic to create electricity. It's an electrical shock. That's all there's to it.

Tags
fantasy, licensed, manga, shounen