AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > KonoMini

Notices

Old 2004-05-29, 21:11   Link #361
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
hehehe
aionius and slash
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-29, 23:55   Link #362
nephilim
Loves Kaori

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarcLion XVI
Here's something interesting that I've found on the official website:

On the Characters Section, start at Hikari's character profile. Watch the video interview (Windows Media or RealVideo format) and listen at the end part of the clip. BTW, it's in Japanese and the ones who were interviewed were the seiyuus of each character.

Here's how the sequence of interview goes after I've listened to the interviews:

Hikari > Akari > Ryou > Mari > Amika > Sakurako > Daijirou > Shin'ichi > Jennifer (the funniest interview! lol) > Takeru
Actually if it's in japanese then I can't even understand ^^" If it were in english or mandarin i would have downloaded

Quote:
Originally Posted by I)ark-I)eath
im curious about something as of now....:

i had an act of patience....now im just curious...

why isnt A-E & A-Keep's version of This Ugly and Beautiful World not comin out yet?

since AonE-Onigiri is soon to enter episode 9 and Akeep-A-e is still at 7....now im in the state if i should switch...

did they drop the project or what?

sorry for my act of asking...my patience of waiting is still alive but going down slowly
I empathise with your feelings. I've switched to AonE/Onigiri. A-Keep died on me too for Maburaho. I'm not dis-respecting them but I wanted my anime to be of the same fansub, and burnt onto DVD ASAP to save some hard disk space
nephilim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 00:17   Link #363
I)ark-I)eath
EnI)eR I)ark I)eath

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephilim
I empathise with your feelings. I've switched to AonE/Onigiri. A-Keep died on me too for Maburaho. I'm not dis-respecting them but I wanted my anime to be of the same fansub, and burnt onto DVD ASAP to save some hard disk space
yeah same here...i like staying with one fansubber...and i need to burn soon also...im runnin out of disk space( 3 gb out of 40 gb left )

hmm yeah im thinkin to switch to Aone-onigiri...if akeep doesnt sub by ep 10...im switchin
I)ark-I)eath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 00:23   Link #364
MwyC

Send a message via AIM to MwyC Send a message via MSN to MwyC
just my preference, but i prefer aone-onigiri's subs
MwyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 00:36   Link #365
DarcLion XVI
Shadow Stream

Send a message via ICQ to DarcLion XVI Send a message via AIM to DarcLion XVI Send a message via MSN to DarcLion XVI Send a message via Yahoo to DarcLion XVI
Quote:
Actually if it's in japanese then I can't even understand ^^" If it were in english or mandarin i would have downloaded
It is in Japanese. I already said it's from the official website, and it's obvious that it's in Japanese. Don't bother if you don't understand what they're saying.
DarcLion XVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 13:22   Link #366
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Send a message via MSN to Yuun
Err? Is deferent Fan Subbed makes the anime deferent? Cause i dun really fixed on one fan sub, whichever came out i 1st i just download...

U all so lucky to hav such good computers... mine only 20gd hard drive space... thus i've already burn all of them in the cd...or else...i dun think i'll hav anymore space to download anymore...

By the way aone-onigiri's fan subbed also not really reliable. I found out that the subtitle doesn't really sharp...sometimes it goes slightly off from what the character is saying... i've seen better other Fan sub production though....
Yuun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-30, 13:24   Link #367
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarcLion XVI
It is in Japanese. I already said it's from the official website, and it's obvious that it's in Japanese. Don't bother if you don't understand what they're saying.
Uhmm... i have a web site that gives a language translator. Thus if u want the Link just message me, bcoz anime suki won't allow link to pose here.

The website translate the Japanese to english. But is totally a direct translate thus there's some parts where u have to think it out ur self.
Old 2004-05-30, 19:32   Link #368
nephilim
Loves Kaori

hi Yuun.

I have a friend who downloads an episode whichever comes out first too. It's just personal preference that we prefer our episodes to be consistently from the same fansub.

My computer is just decent, not good. You don't need a monstrous PC to watch videos anime ^^"

Lastly we were talking about a video which is in japanese language. If it were a website a language translator might've helped... But thanks for offering your help ^^"
Old 2004-05-31, 11:56   Link #369
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Hehe~

Not really i think Computers do make deferences when u watch anime...
For example Graphic card and processor power, u see... i just finish downloaded Pia Carrot the Movie 3, but my com goes so lag that the voice goes faster then the picture but when i watch it using my friends computer to watch it, it goes smooth. His computer is better than mine though...

*sob* *sob*

About the links, u all r welcome... helping each other is a good thing though~ Anything i help u with Nephilim? I still owe u though~
Old 2004-05-31, 12:05   Link #370
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Quote:
Lastly we were talking about a video which is in japanese language. If it were a website a language translator might've helped... But thanks for offering your help ^^"
Err~ the web site that i mention is a website that help u translate an unknown language website into a language that u'll understand. Want to try it out?
Old 2004-05-31, 16:46   Link #371
DarcLion XVI
Shadow Stream

Send a message via ICQ to DarcLion XVI Send a message via AIM to DarcLion XVI Send a message via MSN to DarcLion XVI Send a message via Yahoo to DarcLion XVI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yuun
Uhmm... i have a web site that gives a language translator. Thus if u want the Link just message me, bcoz anime suki won't allow link to pose here.

The website translate the Japanese to english. But is totally a direct translate thus there's some parts where u have to think it out ur self.
I was talking about the videoclip interviews on the official website.
DarcLion XVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 01:30   Link #372
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Oh is itz??
Sorry, i misunderstand...
Old 2004-06-01, 15:39   Link #373
abubo

Catching UP

I've just caught up with KonoMini, and I must say it's been progressing very nicely. My expentation were mostly meet, as the plot thickens and evil hikari appearing more.

Only insight I can put on the water dragon on Ep 7 was that, it's obviously created by Hikari. See how Aionis didn't do anything to protect Hikari? He knows she's the one controlling the bakemono. Why did the Evil H summoned it? To get attention from Takeru, I think. She wanted his love and attention, and the best way to get it is to put herself in danger and have him transform. She's the master of these light beings I believe. Now why did the monster also attack Akari? Jealousy, I think. Akari's getting Ryu's full attention, but this Takeru's just a log head.

I'm really beginning to enjoy the show. I hope I'll never see, but I fully expect to, tag team of Ryu/Akari and Takeru/Evil Hikari battle to death for the fate of the Earth. Hell, if Gainax fully Eva-nize the show, everyone you even remotely liked will be dead.
abubo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-01, 22:02   Link #374
nephilim
Loves Kaori

I will think that the leviathan is not created or summoned by her, but by her presence. Meaning that the water dragon came to destroy her. In Ep 1, that crayfish-like monster did not appear just because the evil H appeared too. The evil H only appeared towards the end.

Which brings another question to my mind. Since the evil H can take over Hikari as and when she likes, why didn't she just possess her and do her job instead?
Old 2004-06-01, 23:05   Link #375
Yuun
~Trying to Enjoy Life~

Hoe? This really trigger another question and reminds me of 3x3 eyes Unkara.
Any1 watch that anime b4? Where pye and 3eyes shared the same body?
3eyes can b awaken anytime but she needs time to rest after being active in a certain period of time and during the time she sleeps she turn into the cute Pye ^_^

Mayb the same principle applied on Hikari??

I dun think the Leviathen is summoned by Hikari...is more like Hikari try to put herself into Leviathen mouth and let Takeru save her cute a*s ^_^?

About Akari~ mAYB SHE'S JUST UNLUCKY ENOUGH to get caught at Leviathen tail?? Or mayb Leviathen has some interest towards Akari Like i do?
Old 2004-06-08, 10:20   Link #376
IntrepidAKP
...Woah!

Maybe the old creatures of extinction are trying to kill Hikari in order to stop the next mass extinction.
IntrepidAKP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 14:35   Link #377
abubo

I'm still wondering about Jennifer's report. It did say that Takeru's the ED (or something, forgot the exact term), which I guess are the monsters which causes the extinction. However, they also commented (or written on that report; I paused it to read it) that Takeru's protecting what he's supposed to destroy... are they talking about protecting Hikari or protecting his friends?

Looks like Hikari's the catalyst to awaken these EDs all over the Earth, and Takeru's just one of them. So it make sense that she's close to him and wants his devotion; but why is Hikari making him kill his fellow EDs? Just to extract a certain amount of love and devotion from someone she masters anyway?

Is Hiraki really the master of these crystal-based EDs? Why did the first one attack her then? To awaken Takeru maybe? From the way Aionis acts, it seemed she was never in danger, so I'm guessing Evil Hikari's really just using her power to have a little fun with Takeru.

Still have no idea what does Ryu/Akari represent. Part of humanity worth saving? Powers which want to stop the extinction? Or maybe they're all just there for the same party? It really does seemed that Akari's just Hikari junior, so maybe there's an evil Akari coming up soon as well, ready to use Ryu has her own personal ED to cause murder and destruction.

There's little doubt that everyone aside from the Light Beings/EDs will die, probably in a horrible fashion. The only questions are how and why.

Aionis' really creeping me out. There's little doubt in my mind that as soon as Hikari gives the word, he will rip apart every person he's befriending right now. Takeru might have some reservations since he's acutally a human, but others will just kill on demand. That's kinda scary.
Old 2004-06-08, 15:03   Link #378
Spiggy
Invisible

Send a message via AIM to Spiggy Send a message via Yahoo to Spiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by abubo
I'm still wondering about Jennifer's report. It did say that Takeru's the ED (or something, forgot the exact term), which I guess are the monsters which causes the extinction. However, they also commented (or written on that report; I paused it to read it) that Takeru's protecting what he's supposed to destroy... are they talking about protecting Hikari or protecting his friends?
You have the purposes reversed but otherwise correct. She's there to cause the extinction and he's there to prevent it.

Quote:
Looks like Hikari's the catalyst to awaken these EDs all over the Earth, and Takeru's just one of them. So it make sense that she's close to him and wants his devotion; but why is Hikari making him kill his fellow EDs? Just to extract a certain amount of love and devotion from someone she masters anyway?
Well...that's pretty much his choice. He made a promise to protect her b/c she's the embodiment of what he wants in a significant other. He loves her even though he doesn't know the true nature of his powers. So basically, he doesn't realize that the powers are for him to stop her so he's using them to protect her to fullfill his promise.

Quote:
Is Hiraki really the master of these crystal-based EDs? Why did the first one attack her then? To awaken Takeru maybe? From the way Aionis acts, it seemed she was never in danger, so I'm guessing Evil Hikari's really just using her power to have a little fun with Takeru.
They're out to kill her so she isn't their master. They're like the Earth's special defense force. I guess they haven't been doing a very good job considering it's been erased multiple times. I think Evil Hikari might be playing around w/ him b/c I think she knows what he is, but Idk.

Quote:
Still have no idea what does Ryu/Akari represent. Part of humanity worth saving? Powers which want to stop the extinction? Or maybe they're all just there for the same party? It really does seemed that Akari's just Hikari junior, so maybe there's an evil Akari coming up soon as well, ready to use Ryu has her own personal ED to cause murder and destruction.
I think Akari is the physical embodiment of Ryou's heart which is the person he would like to have. As stated in ep9 she's there to ask Hikari not to lay waste to the world b/c there is some good there. It would be interesting if Akari had a split persona but I'm guessing that b/c she's based on Ryou's feelings that there isn't. And yes, Aioness would lay waste to those Hikari didn't like.
Spiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 17:39   Link #379
abubo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiggy
You have the purposes reversed but otherwise correct. She's there to cause the extinction and he's there to prevent it.
Well, that's not what I got from Jennifer's speech... it should like she's saying that ED's the cause of extinction (the monsters which only appears during exinction phase) and Takeru is an ED. Maybe I'll watch that part again but I'm pretty sure their focus was on Takeru and his role as ED. (Extended.. Definition or something?) I think the fossil they found was an ED killing an dinosaurs; the victim of the last exinction. It doesn't appear Jennifer believed that anything will save humanity from extinction.

Quote:
They're out to kill her so she isn't their master. They're like the Earth's special defense force. I guess they haven't been doing a very good job considering it's been erased multiple times. I think Evil Hikari might be playing around w/ him b/c I think she knows what he is, but Idk.
Demosa... I really didn't believe they're out to hurt her after the beach incident. My reasons: 1, Her emotions "triggers" the appearance of the dragon-monster, 2. The monster is the same crystal-being as Aionis, and 3. Aionis said very clearly that she was in no danger. As the sworn guardian of Hikari-sama, I'm pretty sure Aionis would be there kicking butt if he has any hint that Hiraki wasn't actually in control of the situation.

I used to think like you that Takeru is, like other monsters, defender of the Earth against Hikari, but after Jennifer's speech about EDs and Takeru's role, I'm really starting to think that Hikaru is in control of every thing here and the ED's are at her disposal. Looks at the way Hikaru's playing with Takeru, I must say he's her toy too.

Quote:
I think Akari is the physical embodiment of Ryou's heart which is the person he would like to have. As stated in ep9 she's there to ask Hikari not to lay waste to the world b/c there is some good there.
Hmm, that would make Ryu more powerful then Takeru, and not even Human. I'm not sure I buy that. I don't see Ryu as that critical. If Akari's indeed here asking Hikari not to rip everyone's guts out, then I must say that the defenders are Ryu/Akari pair.

Even if the Takeru Devilman wanted to go against Hikari, I think it's emotionally and physically impossible for him to do so. I think that from the hint given in the OP that he will try to go against her, but he's ultimately under her spell and will be doom to failure.

Regulardless, only a few episodes left and Gainax better deliver.
Old 2004-06-08, 18:37   Link #380
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Hmmh! I don't think dinosaurs were the last victims of the extinction before mankind.

Just ask yourselves this question, why is Hikari meant by Jennifer as the 7th extinction?

Why the 7th one?
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...731#post228731
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote