AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-05-21, 19:58   Link #261
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Regardless of what is true and isn't true this is a mess.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:00   Link #262
kyp275
Meh

My guess is that MS is scurrying around figuring out just exactly what they need to backpedal on, because the only other explanation is that they're so incompetent their execs had no idea what their new system does.
kyp275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 20:02   Link #263
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Probably backpedal on Everything

"Everything we said during and after the reveal is a lie!"
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 20:06   Link #264
amasposu

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 20:07   Link #265
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Earlier today, I saw that Random Curiosity had an article about glorious trainwrecks. Funny how I start and end the day reading about glorious trainwrecks.

Seriously, they got the balls to try and sell a console, oh I'm sorry, sell a "multimedia source" like this. I'm just waiting for the backpedaling to begin. I know that some people will buy this thing, but they can't expect anyone with a brain to buy this, no matter how much they try to sexy it up with marketing lingo.

Edit: The backpedaling has already begun, now it's just gonna kick into overdrive.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:08   Link #266
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Old 2013-05-21, 20:11   Link #267
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Sony's stocks are up.

http://ps4daily.com/2013/05/sony-sto...-announcement/
Old 2013-05-21, 20:14   Link #268
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

This came out earlier today before they announced the fee.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:15   Link #269
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
Let's see how the Online Warrior reacts to this conference! Loved the ending of the vid!

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
The ending was AWESOME.

Seriously, where ARE the games?

One of my friends remarked today that the Xbox reveal was "Christmas for nerds" and he was so pumped after he heard what the One was capable of.

I told him no thanks, PS4 for me, plz. His reply was that, "I used to think the same way, but today, what this thing can do, its unreal." I had to counter with the fact that he and I are both gamers and, logically, we should care about... games. SONY learned from their mistakes with the PS3, I think. When the architecture of the PS3 was unveiled, many of us were just in awe. Cell sounded so ridiculously awesome. But... we all later found out that Cell wasn't that great for the people who really mattered most, the game developers who give us the games we all want. It sounds, to me, like SONY took that to heart and really changed how they dealt with developers with respect to designing the critical parts of the PS4. And while early rumors were that PS4 was going to be an entertainment mega-station, after the reveal, we now know that PS4 is, to its core, a gaming system. Anything that is beyond that is really just a nice extra. Yeah, there will be the Netflix and social media stuff, but the focus of the PS4 reveal was that SONY wants to deliver the ultimate gaming experience. While gaming has exploded over the last several years thanks to things like smartphones and iPads, those new gamers, by and large, aren't like the hardcore gamers who live on their PCs, PS3s, and 360s. The PS4 sounds like it will appeal, to some extent, to the broader gaming community, but the hardcore gamers are going to love the PS4 and will be the ones who really win out in the end.

I sure hope that that is what SONY really means, because I am a total SONY whore and apologist and it would look really bad if I were wrong...

Quote:
Is that a good thing or a bad thing?
Laughably good... for SONY.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 20:18   Link #270
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

To Microsoft:

Old 2013-05-21, 20:25   Link #271
JagdPanther

Okay, how about this... IF Microsoft is serious that they will require one to pay a fee to play a pre-owned game... what is the possibility that SONY looks at Microsoft and says:

SONY Executive #1: Wow, they had some big balls to do that...

SONY Executive #2: How dumb can they be?"

*crickets*

SONY Executive #1: Hey... if they can get away with that, so can we.

That's my fear right now. However small of a chance it is, it was a thought that popped into my head. Let MS take the heat for such a horrible decision and then quietly join the party...

Old 2013-05-21, 20:26   Link #272
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post

This came out earlier today before they announced the fee.
I just love how he finds out half way through and is just like "WTF?" There are no words when you find something out like that.

Should be fun watching Microsoft backpeddal after realizing gamers don't want this. The shock .
Old 2013-05-21, 20:28   Link #273
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

I was wondering "what kind of idiotic video game journalists are clapping at this crap"?
Old 2013-05-21, 20:29   Link #274
defki

http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/435...r-offline-play

Quote:
Reports of Xbox One's online requirements and used-game fees are no more than "potential scenarios" and not concrete details, Microsoft told Polygon via email.

"While Phil [Harrison] discussed many potential scenarios around games on Xbox One, today we have only confirmed that we designed Xbox One to enable our customers to trade in and resell games at retail," Microsoft told Polygon.

"There have been reports of a specific time period — those were discussions of potential scenarios, but we have not confirmed any details today, nor will we be," Microsoft said.
lol damage control in full force. Scenarios sure....
defki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-21, 20:33   Link #275
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I was wondering "what kind of idiotic video game journalists are clapping at this crap"?
Gotta hand it to Sessler and Gerstmann, they were will to point that out.

And JagdPanther is right. If Microsoft has any success with this, then what's to say that Sony won't try it either? Next-Gen console cycle has me worried.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:39   Link #276
JagdPanther

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigo View Post
http://www.polygon.com/2013/5/21/435...r-offline-play

lol damage control in full force. Scenarios sure....
"We're designing Xbox One to be your all-in-one entertainment system that is connected to the cloud and always ready," the post reads. "We are also designing it so you can play games and watch Blu-ray movies and live TV if you lose your connection."

This still implies that GAMES will need an Internet connection.

Old 2013-05-21, 20:41   Link #277
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
And lo! I said one of the only things that could now probably make me interested in buying this was Banjo, and....welllll, maybe? Who knows?
I am NOT optimistic. Namely because ever since perfect dark zero and Nuts and bolts, Rare basically devolved into a company that prioritizes kinect games... even if they TRY to bring back one of their old properties, I feel like it will most likely turn out to be a failure... though i would put my money on Killer instinct or Perfect dark... MS feels like the lack the imagination to bring back Banjo or Conker.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:42   Link #278
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Another fail from XBox None.

http://www.vg247.com/2013/05/21/xbox...parate-device/

Live TV doesn't work out of the box with XBox None. You need a separate device.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:47   Link #279
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

As much as I would like a new Killer Instinct, I don't know how well it would work in this day and age and how much of a market it would attract. Plus the fact that how well would a console exclusive fighting game sell nowadays? There are alternatives for people that don't have an Xbox or that choose not to buy an Xbox. Combine that with the bad word of mouth surrounding the Xbox One and raises a little cause for concern.
Old 2013-05-21, 20:49   Link #280
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Honestly, I do not like the direction this industry is taking. Game developments are getting more expensive, developers stopped focusing on creative aspect, like game play, and started to focus on other useless junks gamers don't want.